Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bible Code?

Titor

From the Daily Mail-

"Some of the strangest coincidences of all are to be found as patterns of numbers in the Bible.

Psalm 118 is the Bible's middle chapter. Just before it, Psalm 117 is the Bible's shortest chapter. Just after it, Psalm 119 is the longest.

The Bible has 594 chapters before Psalm 118 and 594 chapters after Psalm 118. If you add up all the chapters except Psalm 118, you get 1188 chapters. If you take the number 1188 and interpret as chapter 118 of Psalms, verse 8, you will find the middle verse of the entire Bible- "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."

Some would say that this is the central message of the Bible- and not just numerically."

Edited by Titor

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PsychicPenguin

• Seraphina

• joc

• PrettyAndCorrupt

Some would say that this is the central message of the Bible- and not just numerically."

Others would say coincodence

grrrr...got into all that once.....there are books and books about it, even a numerolgy program designed to selectivly decode bible verses.....

I find that the people who are biggest on using the "Bible Codes" are the televangelist who puncuate every other sentence with a call for money. It kinda dims my belief on the deal. Not to mention the fact that by applying different "codes" you can find just about any answer or coinidence that you want.

Ive always seen the whole bible codes idea as gibberish . Look at what they do - they basically take all words that can be strung out from the paragraph and then semingly pick out at random anything that may be a prediction like a word find puzzle . Using the same method I could probobly find "Seraphina and talon love to eat chocolate" in the super mario bros 3 instruction booklet .

"Seraphina and talon love to eat chocolate" in the super mario bros 3 instruction booklet .

You'd be right cool.gif

But yes, the bible code is gibberish...in fact, it's been seen that you can do the exact same thing with any large volume of text; you could just as easily draw this ridiculous 'code' out of Lord of the Rings, or Das Kapital tongue.gif

But yes, the bible code is gibberish...in fact, it's been seen that you can do the exact same thing with any large volume of text; you could just as easily draw this ridiculous 'code' out of Lord of the Rings, or Das Kapital

Stop it already! Please direct me to a thread where I can once again disagree

with you....it's more fun grin2.gif

Stop it already! Please direct me to a thread where I can once again disagree

with you....it's more fun

I'm sure next time there's some kind of idealogy thread, it'll be pistols at dawn, no worries tongue.gif

I'm sure next time there's some kind of idealogy thread, it'll be pistols at dawn, no worries tongue.gif

Hmmmmm...perhaps I will have to start one............. devil.gif

I'm sorry. But those people who bleive they are really a "pattern" in texts, are idiots. Moby Dick? Come on. That is a classic novel about a WHALE . Now why is going to try and predict terrorist attacks? And the bible one on that site should be done in English. It's too confusing in Hebrew. Sorry for my opinions if they are offensive. No harm meant! whistling2.gifwink2.gif

Joe, you do realize that the Mobby Dick code is a refutation of the bible code, don't you? The original claim says that there are codes in the Hebrew version of the bible. And if you think that people who believe in it are idiots, the original book "The Bible Code" was a best seller. Another proof of human stupidity grin2.gif

Hmmmmm...perhaps I will have to start one............. devil.gif

10 paces or 20? tongue.gif

"It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."

Bible code aside, that's a great message from the book.

The hearts of men are easily corrupted and there is no man who is near infallibility.

I'd rather believe in something that doesn't exist (And therefore doesn't exist) than believe in humanity.

I agree. I do not limit the possibilities of what God may be. All except human. I have a running theory that humans have only made God human to fit their need to identify somehow with this supernatural infinate force. Seeings how we cannot begin to understand infinity. Blah.

• 7 months later...

i think and always think that bible code is a stretch, i posted this in a different bible code topic, but its like people just circle letters that tell events that already happened.. unless im wrong.. but it always shows that!!!