Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bin Laden 'surrounded'

Lionel

user posted imageA BRITISH Sunday newspaper is claiming Osama bin Laden has been found and is surrounded by US special forces in an area of land bordering north-west Pakistan and Afghanistan. The Sunday Express, known for its sometimes colourful scoops, claims the al-Qaeda leader has been "sighted" for the first time since 2001 and is being monitored by satellite. The paper claims he is in a mountainous area to the north of the Pakistani city of Quetta. The region is said to be peopled with bin Laden supporters and the terrorist leader is estimated to also have 50 of his fanatical bodyguards with him. The claim is attributed to "a well-placed intelligence source" in Washington, who is quoted as saying: "He (bin Laden) is boxed in." The paper says the hostile terrain makes an all-out conventional military assault impossible. The plan to capture him would depend on a "grab-him-and-go" style operation. "US helicopters already sited on the Afghanistan border will swoop in to extricate him," the newspaper says. It claims bin Laden and his men "sleep in caves or out in the open.

The area is swept by fierce snow storms howling down from the 10,000ft-high mountain peaks. Donkeys are the only transport." The special forces are "absolutely confident" there is no escape for bin Laden, and are awaiting the order to go in and get him. "The timing of that order will ultimately depend

user posted image View: Full Article | Source: Sunday Telegraph

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wunarmdscissor

• stillcrazy

• Nxt2Hvn

• Stamford

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i heard this story 2 days ago and they still havn't got him.

Pretty convient since the election is coming up. Bush gets his approval rating up a bit by saying this, since we havn't heard anything from Afghanistan in awhile, and once his rating is up enought he'll say we missed him by 5hrs. His rating will stay up since it looks like they are making progress in Afghanistan..........

.......Or they might just catch him in the next few days.

Pretty convient since the election is coming up. Bush gets his approval rating up a bit by saying this, since we havn't heard anything from Afghanistan in awhile, and once his rating is up enought he'll say we missed him by 5hrs. His rating will stay up since it looks like they are making progress in Afghanistan..........

Wake up Dowdy!! tongue.gif This is 2004 and George W. Bush is president....

not Bill Clinton. This president doesn't care about polls....he cares about doing

what is right!!

Wake up Dowdy!! tongue.gif This is 2004 and George W. Bush is president....

not Bill Clinton. This president doesn't care about polls....he cares about doing

what is right!!

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif Joc!!!

all I can say is THANK GOD that Clinton is not in office.. can you imagine what kind of a mess this country would be in if he was!

He would be too busy playing with interns and smoking cigars.... (among other things with cigars)!!! whistling2.gif

all I can say is THANK GOD that Clinton is not in office.. can you imagine what kind of a mess this country would be in if he was!

He would be too busy playing with interns and smoking cigars.... (among other things with cigars)!!! 

Well lets see now...

Under clinton

Lower unemployment

Lower taxes

Better education

Better social services

Smaller Gap between the Rich and Poor

Better health Care

Far Lower National Debt

Far stronger Economy (avoided recession which the current administration hasnt been quite as successful at)

Why do u hate clinton so much?

From an outsider lookin in he left your country in a pretty decent state.

He was a BIG JOKE!

Hmmm.. Maybe he would fit in better as leader of your country! whistling2.gif

EXACTLY! thumbsup.gif

Yeah but the facts dont lie he did a good job.

What else do you want him to have done?

Yeah but the facts dont lie he did a good job.

What else do you want him to have done?

He did exactly what I wanted him to do... he was impeached!

He had no backbone... I don't even want to think about what would have happened if he had been in office when 9/11 happened!

Saddam would still be running loose and would still be in control of Iraq!

he got two terms so most of america dont agree with you.

You still never answered my question what else did you want from a president. Personal hatred aside how can you say he was a bad president.

You cant judge him on events that hadnt happened yet either.

I don't believe in anything that a Democrat stands for!

I am a die hard Republican and my view are 100% Republican.

I don't believe in abortion, gun control, gay marriage rights... just to name a few.

he got two terms so most of america dont agree with you

But honestly hon.. I don't agree with most of America! thumbsup.gif

Oh.. here is another thing that you can attack/argue!

I vote "straight Republican" !! wink2.gif

He would be too busy playing with interns and smoking cigars.... (among other things with cigars)!!! 

Well lets see now...

Under clinton

Lower unemployment

Lower taxes

Better education

Better social services

Better health Care

Far Lower National Debt

Far stronger Economy (avoided recession which the current administration hasnt been quite as successful at)

Lower unemployment

DUE to Reganomics.

Lower taxes

THAT was implemented George Bush in 88-92 administation.

Better education

Like that helped. AGAIN RAISED TAXES.

Better social services

AGAIN a DEMOCRAT thing. RAISED TAXES so I pay for someone to stay home and not work.

AGAIN RAISING TAXES ON THE MIDDLE CLASS.

Better health Care

MORE TAXES I have to pay for these moochers that are on welfare.

Far Lower National Debt

AGAIN was started by RONALD REGAN and REGANOMICS

WAS started by RONALD REGAN in 1984-88 administration

Why do we hate clinton so much? THATS WHY.

From an outsider... you dont know what you are talking about.

CLINTON and GORE like to take credit for things THEY DIDNT START.

Edited by EDUCANALE

Thanks for the back-up EDUCANALE!!

(Where have you been... whew!) w00t.gif

You have made some great points! thumbsup.gif

wunarmdscissor: It is obvious that we disagree on everything and I obviously get under your skin... and you can't possibly understand why I believe the ways that I do...But you are you and I am me... and i like it that way.

Peace!

Nxt2Hvn

Can I just point out:

WAY OFF TOPIC AGAIN GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!  w00t.gif

Yeah.. no kidding....

How did that happen AGAIN!????!! huh.gifblink.gifwacko.gif

*I confess.. I did have a little to do with it this time!* whistling2.gif

Edited by Tommy

You dont annoy at all Nxt2hvn ive only disagreed with you on a couple of issues but that doesnt annoy me you are more than welcome to your opinion.

I suppose i could just say educanale has just been clever with his stats but he could say so am i.

All i will say is that reagon took america from being the single biggest economy to the single biggest debtor.

How does improved healther care apply to moochers? Whats so bad about improved healthcare or free heakthcare for that matter?

All of the achievmenst were taken from clinton's second term.

Somehow I dont think that reagon canb lay claim to them when he wasnt even in the previous administration lol.

You dont annoy at all Nxt2hvn ive only disagreed with you on a couple of issues but that doesnt annoy me you are more than welcome to your opinion.

I suppose i could just say educanale has just been clever with his stats but he could say so am i.

All i will say is that reagon took america from being the single biggest economy to the single biggest debtor.

How does improved healther care apply to moochers? Whats so bad about improved healthcare or free heakthcare for that matter?

All of the achievmenst were taken from clinton's second term.

Somehow I dont think that reagon canb lay claim to them when he wasnt even in the previous administration lol.

[edited out]

Edit:

Educanale, that was uncalled for, immature and does not belong in a serious discussion. Please refrain from personal attacks in the future. Thank you.

Edited by Phantom

[edited out]

Wow, I'm not even Scottish and I found that offensive!! sad.gif

Edited by Phantom

Mmmm... I'm pulling out of this one now! w00t.gif

*Runs away screaming* aaahhhhhhhh!!!!*

Edited by Nxt2Hvn

Educanale dont ever make such bigoted comments to me again. Ill just make a complaint to the moderators.

Your comments are disgusting.

By the looks of it ive upset you because i clearly know more about your own country's politics than you do. Its sad really lol.

LOL no wonder americans wonder why the rest of the world seems to be against them lol with comments like that fair open minded americans cant win lol.

[edited out]

Edit:

Wunarmdscissor, it works both ways. No personal attacks, please.

Edited by Phantom

Macro-economics are a funny thing, in the scale you folks are talking about it is difficult to say whether it was Reagan or Clinton. There are too many factors to know for sure.

The surplus wasn't predicted by anyone, so when it came up, many tried to claim responsibility...I doubt anyone knows for sure who's responsible. I think it is hilarious that Republicans claim Republicans are the reason; and vice-versa.

As for binladen. He sucks. I know he will get what is coming to him sooner or later.

Did any of you ever see the movie with Gene Hackman and Will Smith where they are on the run from some government agency and being tracked by satellites and all kinds of high tech do-dads?

For me, the luck that we have had finding bin laden kind of takes the shine off of all of those conspiricy theories as in that movie. If we can't catch one single guy after years of searching, it makes me think that our intelligence isn't as swift as some would like you to believe...I guess we have to do it the old fashioned way...

Macro-economics are a funny thing, in the scale you folks are talking about it is difficult to say whether it was Reagan or Clinton. There are too many factors to know for sure.

The surplus wasn't predicted by anyone, so when it came up, many tried to claim responsibility...I doubt anyone knows for sure who's responsible. I think it is hilarious that Republicans claim Republicans are the reason; and vice-versa.

As for binladen. He sucks. I know he will get what is coming to him sooner or later.

Did any of you ever see the movie with Gene Hackman and Will Smith where they are on the run from some government agency and being tracked by satellites and all kinds of high tech do-dads?

For me, the luck that we have had finding bin laden kind of takes the shine off of all of those conspiricy theories as in that movie. If we can't catch one single guy after years of searching, it makes me think that our intelligence isn't as swift as some would like you to believe...I guess we have to do it the old fashioned way...

Well. Republicans arent taking credit. Its HISTORY that has shown it. I'mk not even Republican, and I CANT STAND DEMOCRATS.

What *IS* sad is that really dont know. You are in a different country than mine. I am not upset that "You think you know" when you dont. Most Americans will not paint a rosy picture of Clinton.

So wot your sayin is that if your in a different country you cant have an opinion on a foreign government?

Well lets think about that........hmm.... Now i cant put my finger on it but where has that just happened. rolleyes.gif

edited out

I would recommend that you make an apology for that comment. That was a ridiculous thing to say.

This is a forum of people from all over the world, and everyone is entitled to their opinion like it or not.

Comments like what you just said are not appreciated or tolerated.

Unbelievable.

Edited by Phantom