Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Whats the process to sell your soul?

Pol_Pot_will_killyou

The first step in the process is to actually believe the Devil exists.  If one believes this, then why on earth would anyone be willing to give away their eternal consciousness for a few decades of pleasure and power?  OTOH, if they really don't believe they will have a bill come due, then why would they believe in a Devil's power to give them what they seek?  

I think humans just crave a God-like power to wield.  I just saw Dr Strange and the theme is carried through the movie.  I went because my daughter wanted to see it and I was blown away by the special effects.  Tilda Swinton and Benedict Cumberbatch were awesome.  

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

7 hours ago, Finder of Lost Things said:

If I recall correctly it involves burying a box of ritual items at a crossroads and then summoning a crossroads demon. Here, found this for you:

http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/index.php?title=Crossroads_Demon

That's fiction.

2 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

That's fiction.

What??!!?! Are you saying Sam and Dean Winchester aren't real and that their dad isn't at this very moment tormenting those poor people in Alexandria????

Eh, perhaps I do have trouble sometimes taking things seriously.

Continue on, I'll check back later and see if we've come to a consensus.

A pawn shop would be your best option. That way you could sell your soul, be a Rock Star for 29 days, and then buy back your soul. Just don't lose the stub. 

• Like 2

On 12/16/2016 at 8:46 AM, Finder of Lost Things said:

What??!!?! Are you saying Sam and Dean Winchester aren't real and that their dad isn't at this very moment tormenting those poor people in Alexandria????

Eh, perhaps I do have trouble sometimes taking things seriously.

Continue on, I'll check back later and see if we've come to a consensus.

Their dad is dead.

I think if it was really as easy as just walking up to a cross road and asking for a deal, the would be hundreds if not thousands of "Jimi's" also I could be wrong but as all these famous artists, people are suggesting have made these deals "western" does that also mean the devil is a racist as well now, that's a bit harsh isn't it, poor guy, he is just doing his job, can't believe all these people are slandering his good name.

Stir

On Monday, December 19, 2016 at 10:02 PM, Thorvir said:

Their dad is dead.

Nope, just saw him a week or so ago. Now has a real mean streak and insists people call him Negan. Maybe he has amnesia???

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Finder of Lost Things said:

Nope, just saw him a week or so ago. Now has a real mean streak and insists people call him Negan. Maybe he has amnesia???

Negan? What kind of a name is that?

8 minutes ago, Finder of Lost Things said:

Huh?  I watch Supernatural (a bit religiously), the John Winchester was not on last week or so.  Maybe you're watching reruns.

And Negan?  Nope.

Edited by Thorvir

If you get way it to the darker side of witchcraft. You could theoretically summon an demon and bargain for your soul, but if you could actually do that you would be stronger than the demon summoned. So it would be pretty pointless.

That is of course if you believe in such things.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Thorvir said:

Huh?  I watch Supernatural (a bit religiously), the John Winchester was not on last week or so.  Maybe you're watching reruns.

And Negan?  Nope.

Jeffery Dean Morgan is currently playing a role on the Walking Dead series called Negan... Negan is very Azazel John Winchester. It's lead to some internet jokes about "So now we know what Azazel was off doing while riding John" or "Do the boys know what their dad is up to over in zombie land?".

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rashore said:

Do the boys know what their dad is up to over in zombie land?

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, XenoFish said:

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

LMAO... I forgot Zombie Land was a real movie when I wrote that...  Ok, so maybe the Winchester boys aren't wondering what's up in Zombie Land, hehehehe. 

• Like 1

Actually there was a study done about this kind of Urban myth. You know what most of the finding where about?

How you never here about a White Musician selling there soul to be famous...

It's always a black Musician.

And that most of the tales are started... I might guess this one... By white people.

Most likely because of the ideal that, well simply put, it cant be that they are simply exceptional musicians, nope they MUST be cheating some how to do it. And there black.. So its most likely evil also.

4 hours ago, blackstarraven said:

Actually there was a study done about this kind of Urban myth. You know what most of the finding where about?

How you never here about a White Musician selling there soul to be famous...

It's always a black Musician.

And that most of the tales are started... I might guess this one... By white people.

Most likely because of the ideal that, well simply put, it cant be that they are simply exceptional musicians, nope they MUST be cheating some how to do it. And there black.. So its most likely evil also.

Well, there are really only three musicians historically that have the infamy of selling their soul. Robert Johnson, a black guitarist. Nicolò Paganini, a white violinist. And Giuseppe Tartini a white violinist and composer.

Jimi Hendrix selling his soul kind of falls into the notion of pretty much everyone in rock in roll either selling their soul or worshiping the devil, or making the devils music. That's a much more modern take on the selling your soul notion.

Somewhere between Robert Johnsons legend forming era and Jimi Hendrixs it became sort of an antiquated notion to sell your soul. This is probably due in great part to a lot of other spiritual opening and revolutions and so on going on at the time. It wasn't selling your soul anymore- it was worship or making the devils music. This became such a problem in the early 80's that the PMRC formed to combat sex, drugs, and the occult/Satan in the music industry. Combined with the music scene there was a lot of Satanist/Black magic stuff and urban legend action that helped fuel the fire. By the late 80's- early 90's the whole Satan-mania had pretty much died down... and now it's a fairly old fashioned notion.

The notion of selling your soul has come back up on the cycle in the last decade or so. Popular media has brought it back up- and made the art of making the deal fashionable again. But how that manifests has changed too.. The devil is glamorized when utilized by media. And isn't so popular in the actual urban legends- the more common thing now is secret societies that the famous folks sold themselves to.

Edited by rashore

25 minutes ago, rashore said:

Well, there are really only three musicians historically that have the infamy of selling their soul. Robert Johnson, a black guitarist. Nicolò Paganini, a white violinist. And Giuseppe Tartini a white violinist and composer.

Jimi Hendrix selling his soul kind of falls into the notion of pretty much everyone in rock in roll either selling their soul or worshiping the devil, or making the devils music. That's a much more modern take on the selling your soul notion.

Somewhere between Robert Johnsons legend forming era and Jimi Hendrixs it became sort of an antiquated notion to sell your soul. This is probably due in great part to a lot of other spiritual opening and revolutions and so on going on at the time. It wasn't selling your soul anymore- it was worship or making the devils music. This became such a problem in the early 80's that the PMRC formed to combat sex, drugs, and the occult/Satan in the music industry. Combined with the music scene there was a lot of Satanist/Black magic stuff and urban legend action that helped fuel the fire. By the late 80's- early 90's the whole Satan-mania had pretty much died down... and now it's a fairly old fashioned notion.

The notion of selling your soul has come back up on the cycle in the last decade or so. Popular media has brought it back up- and made the art of making the deal fashionable again. But how that manifests has changed too.. The devil is glamorized when utilized by media. And isn't so popular in the actual urban legends- the more common thing now is secret societies that the famous folks sold themselves to.

Ya and with the rise of more or less massive pop-stars, now its just the ideal that the music industry can take any one and just make a super star.

• 3 months later...
On 12/25/2016 at 10:09 PM, Noctil said:

Write the word 'soul' on a paper and sell it for 5 bucks, done.

Must use your blood ( as contain your dna or small version of you in dna) as ink

Edited by Daimond25
  • Like 2

On 6/3/2008 at 5:53 PM, Pol_Pot_will_killyou said:

I heard Voodoo Child is about how Jimi Hendrix sold his soul to the devil for fame and the way the ceremony was performed was by drinking a priests vomit at some lake. Anyone know if this is a true satanic ceremony and if it has a time limit on it, with Hendrix's only lasting until he was 28?

-Pol

Well, Voodoo/Vodou isn't Satanism. I've also never heard of any ritual that involves eating anyone's vomit. Ick. 

Voodoo Child is probably just a song. It doesn't mean Jimi practiced Voodoo/Vodou. Are people assuming that because he was black? The man was from Seattle. He wasn't exactly "born on the bayou." 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'll just hire my soul out for a few days see if I like it....... as I'm past joining the 27 club I don't know if my soul is a viable proposition for amyone

Oh you can sell your soul to the devil if your a musician.It's called a recording contract.And if you do make sure you have a really good attorney read it over real carefully or you'll get the crappy end of the deal.

But all joking aside, its foolish to do something like this and will cause you serious trouble in ways you never imagined.