Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UM-Bot

Carl Wickland reincarnation

6 posts in this topic

Image credit: Jeroen van Valkenburg
Image credit: Jeroen van Valkenburg
Kathleen meadows: Dr. Carl A. Wickland wrote, “The theory of reincarnation can undoubtedly be traced to early stages of mankind when departed spirits took possession of the bodies of sensitive individuals and lived and acted through them, thus seemingly indicating reincarnation. But in reality this was only spirit obsession or possession. (See p.351) Sections on obsession and possession in theosophy and Blavatsky teachings in Thirty Years Among the Dead, 1924.It must be remembered that even Madam Blavatsky tried to return after her passing over to the spirit world. On finding that she could not will herself or choose to return to earth as she had taught in her theory of re-incarnation, Blavatsky's work in the spirit world became rescuing spirits trapped in the darkness who were only looking to return to earth life and in so doing found themselves lost or, obsessing or possessing another's physical body. Putting right her erroneous earth teachings, Blavatsky helped to guide lost spirits into Spiritualistic 'rescue circles' here on earth, to help them find the light again and be able to continue their progression into the higher spirit world.

It’s interesting to note now how prevalent the belief in reincarnation is gaining momentum in the west. Only twenty years ago this was considered a weirdly bizarre, and foreign concept. Returning in physical form? Our consciousness coming back into another body? That’s something those strange folk from the east believe in. Now it’s accepted and touted in the most conformist circles as truth! People now will casually and commonly refer to their past lives as if there was nothing extraordinary about this at all. Some have made mention of the unbelievable number of famous, notable, and special people who being laid claim to. Few say they were just an ordinary farmer who died plowing the field one fateful afternoon. Most reincarnationists are certain their past lives will reveal their past lives as Queens, Priests, Shamans, or Pirates. Why their spirit would return as an ordinary person draws little reflective rigor.

I don’t buy it personally. I think reincarnation is another blast of panacea propaganda to assuage the guilt of the now obvious global (read western here) upper class.

Reincarnation theory evolved as a means to explain why some people are born into despair and others are born into privilege. It was really a dumbing down of the ancient and sacred Brahminic spiritual teachings. Embraced with enthusiasm by the then aristocratic class, it also effectively cemented one’s birth class for a lifetime. Once an untouchable, always an untouchable. The greatest appeal of all was that it served too to explain the why. You were obviously less than honourable in your past life. It was a perfectly packaged and circular rationalization.

Now we see people in the west embracing it en mass with a sigh of relief. People exclaim with excitement, “How else can you explain why some people are born into horrible conditions on the planet while (read we here) others are born into such abundance?” Surely this explains such inequities! Reincarnationists as usual however again fail to really think this theory through. Did the spirit world make the earth peoples so unequal? Did the spirit world create such inequities as we see between the haves and the have-not on the planet? I doubt it.

I think if you’re really honest with yourself you’ll agree that’s an earth plane arrangement. We do that. We construct an earthly existence of haves and have nots. We like that. We’re uncomfortable that we like that so we construct these ridiculous and rather banal explanations for these inequities. If it’s not the Devil making us do a nasty, it’s the laws of the universe at fault.

If we are to fully grow spiritually we must be accountable for our choices. We choose to support inequality, to be selfish, and determinedly ignorant. Reincarnation is rubbish and before you embrace this theory with relief in your selfish soul, give some serious thought as to why it holds such appeal. Truth is simple but it’s not easy. You are incarnated in physical form once, and yes you will leave it and not return. You are here to experience and to create not to waste your gifts on touting foolish rationalizations and apologies.

Kathleen
www.TarotbyKathleen.com

"You will reincarnate whether or not you believe that you will. It is much easier if your theories fit reality, but if they do not, you will not change the nature of reincarnation one iota."

--The Seth Material.

I'm sure you are very knowledgable on your subject, however, I remembered two past-lives before I was eighteen years old....And I was raised in

the Baptist church where I was taught that was demonic teaching....Oh, well, we just do the best we can, don't we?

What the heck?

Some have made mention of the unbelievable number of famous, notable, and special people who being laid claim to. Few say they were just an ordinary farmer who died plowing the field one fateful afternoon. Most reincarnationists are certain their past lives will reveal their past lives as Queens, Priests, Shamans, or Pirates. Why their spirit would return as an ordinary person draws little reflective rigor.

Oh, now we're judging a belief by its most shallow adherents? And I suppose UFO's don't exist because someone faked one once? Most people I know are aware of past life material and none of it is about famous kings and queens. Not all folks who accept reincarnation are Shirley MacLean. This kind of groundless malicious attack hardly seems to have a place on this website.

I don’t buy it personally. I think reincarnation is another blast of panacea propaganda to assuage the guilt of the now obvious global (read western here) upper class.

Reincarnation theory evolved as a means to explain why some people are born into despair and others are born into privilege. It was really a dumbing down of the ancient and sacred Brahminic spiritual teachings. Embraced with enthusiasm by the then aristocratic class, it also effectively cemented one’s birth class for a lifetime. Once an untouchable, always an untouchable. The greatest appeal of all was that it served too to explain the why. You were obviously less than honourable in your past life. It was a perfectly packaged and circular rationalization.

This is an ugly charactature and totally ignores the phenomenology of reincarnation. Not all cultures are as alienated from metaphysical reality as we in the west. Reincarnation is not primarily a belief, it is an experience. Throughout my life I have had memories of other lives and other places. Not sentimental fantasies, but apparent memories like any memory you might have of your childhood in this life.

With such ready hostility toward the concept of reincarnation, I don't supposed that you have even tried being regressed. It's a very simple process of relaxation that can connect you to your transpersonal memories. It's a very strange experience. I've been regressed quite a few times and helped others regress. Most memories ARE from highly mundane lifetimes, though the psyche is often drawn to moments of crisis or even death in these lives as such times seem to carry the strongest psychic charge, not unlike memories we retain from within this life. Good gravey, you're a psychic reader and you've never encountered this kind of material? Or do you just dismiss it out of hand when you do?

And being human, we can get our memories confused. I once read a man who claimed to be the "reincarnation" of the god Ra. Now this was, of course, delusion. Interestingly, the information I received concerning this man was that he had been a priest of Ra way back when and his obsessive identification with his patron was so great, the fellow ended up believing he was Ra.

Now we see people in the west embracing it en mass with a sigh of relief. People exclaim with excitement, “How else can you explain why some people are born into horrible conditions on the planet while (read we here) others are born into such abundance?” Surely this explains such inequities! Reincarnationists as usual however again fail to really think this theory through. Did the spirit world make the earth peoples so unequal? Did the spirit world create such inequities as we see between the haves and the have-not on the planet? I doubt it.

I think if you’re really honest with yourself you’ll agree that’s an earth plane arrangement. We do that. We construct an earthly existence of haves and have nots. We like that. We’re uncomfortable that we like that so we construct these ridiculous and rather banal explanations for these inequities. If it’s not the Devil making us do a nasty, it’s the laws of the universe at fault.

Now this is really ugly. No, "we" do not do that. "We" do not like it that way. Speak for yourself and keep your shallow cynicism to yourself if you can. I'm a little floored that a self-described psychic reader would speak so disparagingly of her fellow humans. I'd think she'd have learned more compassion for human frailty than that.

If we are to fully grow spiritually we must be accountable for our choices. We choose to support inequality, to be selfish, and determinedly ignorant. Reincarnation is rubbish and before you embrace this theory with relief in your selfish soul, give some serious thought as to why it holds such appeal. Truth is simple but it’s not easy. You are incarnated in physical form once, and yes you will leave it and not return. You are here to experience and to create not to waste your gifts on touting foolish rationalizations and apologies.

Holy crap, what the--? I'm actually shocked by this baseless hatchet job and total misrepresentation of the spiritual meaning of reincarnation--certainly never expected to read this sort of thing in an article on the front page of Unexplained Mysteries.

The issue with reincarnation is that it doesn't even 'justify' anything. It could be possible, but even if it is, it only brings more questions than answers really. Who controls it? And if there is no justice, then why does reincarnation persist? And other such mind soup oriented quests that may or may not lead to anything at all. However, nobody really tackles the issue from a more relevant, realistic, actual, present point of view: do we really know what this world is about or why it was created if it was created? If there are laws to the universe, then do we really understand them? Do we know the real difference between the haves and the have nots? Is anybody willing to discuss anything other than 'justifications', 'false explanactions', 'excuses', and 'denial'? Because the way I see it, reincarnation, mixed with the way the world is laid out today, could be the answer to many people's problems. An answer I say because many people are asking questions, big questions, and demanding prompt answers. An answer because answers which we see before us are so weakly put forth and lack any kind of support that most of the people who ask questions, and who are mainly the 'have nots', are beginning to expect answers from elsewhere. And it is this elsewhere that bothers me because after all, what is certainty and what is science? Science hasn't been able to tell us for sure whether a God exists or not. It hasn't even been able to put any answers in the certainty field for more than a few years or decades. In the meantime, the 'absolutes' of the universe say one thing, unanimously: certainly simply is. Things that happen, happen, and that is as close an answer you get to any question that you may ask. It suggests that some authority, somewhere, is taking care of things, and there is where one should not dwell in the justification of how the world is today because it really tends to be VERY misleading. It is impossible for the world to go on like this. It is impossible because, simply, there are too many opressed and any one with enough sanity will admit that there is too much negative energy harboured in souls that are literally 'inept', incapable of doing anything but accept, and wait. And that simply puts the focus on one little detail: we only have choices, and sometimes, some choices lead us to 'dead ends', or not necessarily dead ends, let us call them loss of free will.

What is God after all and does it exist? Perhaps it is simply the subconscious of everyone that is alive and breathing, or perhaps it is the source of life that isn't necessarily alive like us, simply 'aware' at another level. Either way, the implications are such that: there is a difference between good and evil, there is strong suggestions that the two are seperated by this planet and how it is laid out, there is strong evidence that the have nots, or proportionally good, are incapable of doing anything, so if anything happens, it shall either be a mistake of the 'haves', another authority that is actually controlling life, or otherwise. In the end, all we get is questions rather than answers, and so it is sickening how some people could even start babbling stuff that justifies great injustices. Reincarnation, being the most controversial issue, is the best example. Reincarnation is simply this: no one understands how, why, or who controls it or thinks he/she/it/they controls it, but reincarnation implies that after this life, you will die, and come back to this life. Chances are there are no more changes and if they are they are minimal. And reincarnation means that if you are born poor this lifetime, you will, to a specific degree of certainty, be born poor next lifetime. In fact, destiny, fate, or whatever you may call it, seems to be repeating. There is no more change and this is absolutely definite. Therefore, to some, they get a 'break' and have what they have for eternity. And for some, they lose hope and accept that they won't have anything for eternity. For some less fortunate, they lose faith and accept that they will suffer for eternity. To me I see this only supports two possibilities, or derivations: either judgment day has already happened ( or basically, a seperation of mankind and so whoever diserves something, has it ), or, more probably, considering the proportions and the nature of the happenstances, that this is basically the final step before that seperation, the bad having been filtered out, 'fished' by things that they would 'fight' to obtain using illicit means, while the good have opted 'not' to dwell in the quest because it would involve inflicting injustice and harm unto others.

Eternity is a long time, and if the above, latter theory is true, then the next thing to happen is theoretically speaking a reversal of positions. That way, the universe will be perfect, and no one will even need to justify anything... And reincarnation will make sure that can last forever without ever interrupting it. Perhaps there will be hope of slight change to the better for some, but no going back.

I have no clue:)

Everyone is entitled to an OPINION. You have NO PROOF that reincarnation is unreal. So please do not decree your beliefs so bluntly. People might get the idea that your rude nature is attributed to your miserable former existance. I have met many people whom I will never have an opportunity to befriend or ever see again. And those same few people exchanged conversation on personal topics I had NEVER shared with ANYONE. Discussions that could NOT have taken place THE VERY DAY WE MET unless I had known them in a previous existance.