Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Waterloo: The Blood Sport World Cup

Talon

Do you support Blood Sports?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support Blood Sports?

• Yes
    • No

I agree with Thistle ,

Everytime I've cocked my gun and went hunting Birds you can guarentee that they will be eaten wink2.gif

As for hunting game , I go hunting occasionally and hunt to kill and Eat. Personally I dont see the diffrence between Hunting and fishing.

At least there dead when i pull the trigger, and dont get beat about about the head with a club or left to suffocate in a mass of their relitives sad.gif

And before the old fish dont feel pain etc, Recent studies have shown that fish do feel stress and pain like any other animal that lives on this earth

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thistle

• Talon

• Scar

• Seraphina

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everytime I've cocked my gun and went hunting Birds you can guarentee that they will be eaten wink2.gif

w00t.gifw00t.gif

* tries and fails to suppress a shameless snigger *

Yay Scar, nice to know somebody agrees with me thumbsup.gif

Why not just buy dead birds out of shops instead of going and killing some poor animal personally? Tons of dead animals are thrown away a year because they are not eaten, what a waste of life.

And before the old fish dont feel pain etc, Recent studies have shown that fish do feel stress and pain like any other animal that lives on this earth

Indeed... who said they didn't? blink.gif

On a side note, do you at all feel sorry for the life your ending? huh.gif And I mean that as a proper question, not an attack.

Why not just buy dead birds out of shops instead of going and killing some poor animal personally? Tons of dead animals are thrown away a year because they are not eaten, what a waste of life.

Precisely Talon thumbsup.gif

Tons of animals are slaughtered every year to FILL SHELVES in shops !!!!!!!! it is this mass production that is causing excessive wastage and is precisely why I prefer ( when possible ) not to buy my meat from supermarkets.

Buying meat from a shop does not alter the fact that an animal has died for your dinner either, it just makes people feel less guilty about eating meat because they then do not have to think about where it came from. At least I can honestly say that what is on my plate led a healthy life and had a quick death.

As for whether I feel sorry for the life I am ending, yes I do........but at the same time I am a meat eater and make no apologies for that fact. I take no pleasure in the death of any animal but at least I refuse to hide behind polystyrene packaging to make my meat more acceptable.

thumbsup.gif

Indeed... who said they didn't? blink.gif

On a side note, do you at all feel sorry for the life your ending? huh.gif And I mean that as a proper question, not an attack.

First off I said "Before" meaning anyone that says otherwise

Second no, I enjoy the thrill , I enjoy the hunt, I enjoy the food . In fact i take pleasure in the fact that I have put the killed my dinner with minimal pain.

If you eat meat there is no argument, if your'e a vegtablearian (my wee brothers term) then i respect your'e view

When you (if) you watch nature program and see a Predator mauling prey is that sick bad etc. I don't condone blood sports. But i have no problem with hunting for food, its Instinct which has been supressed since we allowed other poeple todo it for us

user posted image C'mere Turkey user posted image

Second no, I enjoy the thrill , I enjoy the hunt, I enjoy the food . In fact i take pleasure in the fact that I have put the killed my dinner with minimal pain.

What about the fear?

At least I can honestly say that what is on my plate led a healthy life and had a quick death.

Yet the poor animal need not have died.

When you (if) you watch nature program and see a Predator mauling prey is that sick bad etc.

But there is no need for 'civilised' creatures to act in such a manner

Your arguments are breaking though by morals though, kinda making me feel sorry for those canibals in jail huh.gif

At least I can honestly say that what is on my plate led a healthy life and had a quick death.

Yet the poor animal need not have died.

Well.......If I'm gonna eat it I kinda prefer that it is dead TalonS , just my personal preference mind you whistling2.gif

TalonS.....you yourself admit that you eat fish and chicken, these were once alive as well, just because somebody else has done the work of killing them on your behalf does not change that fact.

What about bear hunting? huh.gif Do these people eat the meat?

Bear Hunting ??????? Where the heck did that come from ??????

I think Talon if you actually read the previous posts you will find that neither myself nor Scar are defending any type of sport which practices killing animals for the sheer hell of it ..there is no defence for this. You cannot compare shooting a bird which has been specifically reared for the dinner table to shooting a bear just so you can say you have.

huh.gif

I think Talon if you actually read the previous posts you will find that neither myself nor Scar are defending any type of sport which practices killing animals for the sheer hell of it ..there is no defence for this. You cannot compare shooting a bird which has been specifically reared for the dinner table to shooting a bear just so you can say you have.

Oh I know, I just went onto a pheasent hunt organizers page and they had a list of other animals they offer planes out to kill, including bears.

Such nice people

Edited by Talon S.

Can so few people really eat so many dead birds? huh.gif

Can't make out hte pics too well Talon but I think the first one is Pheasants ?.....considering that there are 6 people there I would say no problem.....especially if they have freezers wink2.gif

The second pic.....pigeons ????? In which case I would suspect that they have been culled as a pest species rather than for food.

Oh I know, I just went onto a pheasent hunt organizers page and they had a list of other animals they offer planes out to kill, including bears.

Such nice people

A UK site ????????? huh.gif

Hardly a cull when its from a site called

http://www.countrysports.co.uk 's gallery from past shootings.

As well as pheasant they offer a veriety of targets: deer, Grouse, Partridge, Duck, Geese, Hare, Rabbit, Woodcock, Mountain Hare, Red Stag, Roe Buck, Fallow, Red Hind. And trips to Poland to shoot Wild Boar & deer. huh.gif

And its organisations like these which set up the hunts you go to and support, and the profits they make allow them set up further hunts to kill all of the above... I doubt the shooters are eating the boar crying.gif

A UK site ?????????

US but cater to memebers in Africa, Alaska, Asia, Australia, Canada, Europe, South America and New Zealand by the looks of things

And its organisations like these which set up the hunts you go to and support, and the profits they make allow them set up further hunts to kill all of the above... I doubt the shooters are eating the boar crying.gif

Actually, the shoots I attend are set up by a variety of people usually the landowner, never have I been to a shoot which has been organised by an organisation.

I have already stated that I do NOT hunt for fun !!!!!! and as such do not support organisations such as this one that promote killing animals for trophy........but I freely admit to having eaten every animal on that list ....... including wild boar which after all is no different to a domestic pig IMO.

including wild boar which after all is no different to a domestic pig IMO.

user posted image

user posted image

hmmm same family maybe, but I see a lot of differences

Perhaps there are certain differences in appearance .I grant you that thumbsup.gif

But is there any ETHICAL difference between eating boar and pig ??

on a lighter note......... it'll take me yrs to hit 900 let alone 1000 lol

w00t.giflaugh.gif

LMAO............. i know hen but i couldn't resist puttin that

whistling2.gif

But is there any ETHICAL difference between eating boar and pig ??

One's species only exists because it was breed to be consumed, domestic pigs wouldn't exist without us, wild boars however are wild animals which we have no such claim upon. If they are born free, let them die free.

Anyway, on a ethical basis I already said I don't eat mammals, waaaay to closely related for my tastes, plus THEIR SOOO CUUUUUTE grin2.gif

on a lighter note......... it'll take me yrs to hit 900 let alone 1000 lol

No neccassarily, I've only been here just under a month and I'm almost 900, at the rate I post I'll probably be 1000 before the months out. So it is possible thumbsup.gif ... doesn't bode well for your social life but its possible thumbsup.gif