Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

chicken or egg debate

man_in_mudboots

this is an evolutionary answer, but if you are a creationist you are welcome to add your version too.

the egg came first.

lets say there is a creature that has one trait that makes it not a chicken. for lack of a better name, call it a chickendino. the egg this chickendino hatched from, was, of course, a chickendino egg, and not a chicken egg. now, the chickendino lays an egg. inside the egg is an embryo that, for whatever reason you may fathom, has lost the one trait that makes its mother, the chickendino, not a chicken, so it is a chicken embryo/chicken egg. then it hatches, and the adult is a modern chicken, but it was part of the egg before that, so the egg came first.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• man_in_mudboots

• CMMS

• Aslan

• PsychicPenguin

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay then how did the chickendino egg get there?

It doesn't matter for this argument.

Anyway, here's mine :

Q: Which comes first, chicken or egg?

A: chicken, because you say "chicken" before you say "egg"

Perfect opportunity for a gag.

Chicken and egg are lying in bed. The egg is smoking a cigarette and looking very pleased with itself.

The chicken, clearly disappointed, says well I guess that answers THAT question.

I'm very sorry MIM. I couldn't help myself.

Egg, according to evolution, just as mudboots said.

But if you don't mean chicken egg, then there's another reason why the egg came before the chicken:

Eggs existed long before there where birds. So if the chicken is only some 6,000 years, the egg is hundreds of millions of years old.

from another chickendino, but it wouldnt matter if it came from elvis preslys implanted tranvestite bird organs, its mother was still not a chicken and most likley possessed even more non-chicken traits than its daughter, the chickendino in the original story.

also, chicken comes first in the dictionary. wink2.gif

Egg, according to evolution, just as mudboots said.

But if you don't mean chicken egg, then there's another reason why the egg came before the chicken:

Eggs existed long before there where birds. So if the chicken is only some 6,000 years, the egg is hundreds of millions of years old.

hmmmmm, yes, i guess we should have better set the argument in the first place. grin2.gif

from another chickendino, but it wouldnt matter if it came from elvis preslys implanted tranvestite bird organs, its mother was still not a chicken and most likley possessed even more non-chicken traits than its daughter, the chickendino in the original story.

also, chicken comes first in the dictionary. wink2.gif

Works for me.

You guys know where I was headed with that I am sure.

But in the begining..................naw I won't go there whistling2.gif

wow...we WERE created by evolution. It's not like poof there is an egg or poof there is the chicken. It started with an organism who knows how small or how big. Eventually this has evolved over time until we have what we are today. Same goes for other planets and such throught the universe...life on other planets starts the same way, they adapt to their surroundings and the elements they are given.

Chicken and egg are lying in bed. The egg is smoking a cigarette and looking very pleased with itself.

The chicken, clearly disappointed, says well I guess that answers THAT question.

Your not promoting smoking are you?

But otherwise LOL. And who said you all don't have a sense of humor.

Edited by stillcrazy

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

LMAO Aslan

wow...we WERE created by evolution. It's not like 'poof' there is an egg or 'poof' there is the chicken. It started with an organism,, who knows how small or how big. Eventually this has evolved over time until we have what we are today. Same goes for other planets and such throught the universe...life on other planets starts the same way, they adapt to their surroundings and the elements they are given.

and you realized that by reading my little old post? im flattered as i could get!

I actually figured that out in high school biology class. We were learning about mutations, etc., and all of a sudden I thought, "It's the egg! The egg came first!" Aslan's way was good, too. tongue.gifwink2.gif

i dont mean to brag, but i figured that out in 1st grade, no kidding.

For the record I plan to have the egg

first for breakfast blush.gif

But I will admit eggs give me gas! tongue.gif

Later I plan to have chicken for lunch,

fried of course grin2.gif

So For me the egg came first!

Gazz rolleyes.gif

Psychic penquin has the best answer! Love it!

Really...The glass is completely full- half with air, half with water. Or completely full with nitrogenm hydrogen and oxygen molecules.

The better question is not where we come from because should we ever find an answer it will merely be a platue. There will then be a WHY?or WHERE? from that platue. The more important quetion is where are we going and why?

The chicken came first.For the sake of answering the senario we must summize that either one could have spontaineously derived from some hyper dimensional stasis.

After all the BIG BANG is a spontaineous reaction that suddenly caused things to happen ( All in an instant on a registry of which we would be meofaunic nanosecond impulses)This application given it is suredly that the chicken came first for without the specifically designed body tempature of the chicken as an incubator, the egg would not hatch. Further, without the intuitive instincts of the chicken to find safe haven to incubate the egg, the egg would become diner for any of a given predators including entropic decay!

To say that evolution is the resounding arpiture of finality is stepping ahead of ourselves. The BIG BANG is simply spontaneous reaction. An instant event that of which we are a microsm. An extremely minute servomechanism- perhaps a metaphorical trait of a molecule in an extremely large explosion, by comparsion. We may percieve its expansion as a nano function of its process. However, in and of its self and a registry far without our physical conception the universe is an instant event. Therefore it is plausible that there is intension to the ignition of the BIG BANG and therefore a specific or intentional design. That being given evoltion is an act of creation. And we discover that routed around oppossing poles of the debate is the centered medium. The truth. That both evolution and creation co-exist and support each other. And this is why mankind has the ability to interpret both version. So that in furtherance of itself - probably not in our lifetime- it will one day recognize the mutual frame and expand its concept of GOD or PHYSICS!

At that point we would probably have evolved with an actual extra perception capability such as completely like minds, the first step to axiomatic telepathy. Though no one really wants a completely telepathic society. Everybody really wants to be telepathic themselves. LOL but its true. Something about feeling too inferior and that would make us feel superior! LOL

Dont everybody copy me now...another after the fact

Edited by AXIOMS

Your not promoting smoking are you?

But otherwise LOL. And who said you all don't have a sense of humor.

Goto the Marijuana debate.. I sure am there

i dont mean to brag, but i figured that out in 1st grade, no kidding.

I think you just did sparky... rolleyes.gif