Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your Top 10 Infamous Murders and why

magic-meercat

I was curious as to who you think is the most infamous killers and is it because they got away with it or how many people they killed?

My List- I wont go into detail on all of them

1. Zodiac- he was an extremaly intelligent person who not only never got caught, but nobody knows how many people he killed and he was able to terrific millions of people by sending them letters to the police.

2. Jack the Ripper- Is was close to the Zodiac, but i decided to put him/her second. Because he was able to evade the police and the way he mutilated his victems and his crime spree is still a mystery to everyone, suspects still range from a Prince to a unsocial Eastender.

3.Peter Kurten, the 'Dusseldorf Vampire'

4. Charles Mason

5. Moors Murderers Myra Hindley and Ian Brady- They were sick and twisted (all murderers are preety sick and twist, but these two more so) to torture and mutilate those children in the way they did.

6. Son of Sam

7. Christie the 'Monster of Notting Hill

8.The 'Boston Strangler'

9. Ted Bundy

10..Lucian Staniak the 'Red Spider'

Jeffery Dahmer-- he was a very sick man. He would murder his victims, have sex with them and eat them. A total sociopath.

In the early morning hours of May 30, 1991, 14-year-old Konerak Sinthasomphone (the younger brother of the boy whom Dahmer had molested) was discovered on the street, wandering naked and under heavy influence of drugs and bleeding from his rectum. Reports of the boy's injuries varied. Dahmer told police that Sinthasomphone was his 19-year-old boyfriend, and that they had an argument while drinking. Against the teenager's protests, police turned him over to Dahmer. They later reported smelling a strange scent but did not investigate it. It was later found to be bodies in the back of his room. Later that night, Dahmer killed and dismembered Sinthasomphone, keeping his skull as a souvenir.

John Balcerzak and Joseph Gabrish, the two police officers who returned Sinthasomphone to Dahmer, were fired from the Milwaukee Police Department after their actions were widely publicized, including an audiotape of the officers making homophobic statements to their dispatcher and cracking jokes about having reunited the "lovers". The two officers appealed their termination and were reinstated with back pay. They were named officers of the year by the police union. Balcerzak would go on to be elected president of the Milwaukee Police Association in May 2005.[2][3]

By the summer of 1991, Dahmer was murdering approximately one person each week. He killed Matt Turner, on June 30, Jeremiah Weinberger, on July 5, Oliver Lacy, on July 12, and finally Joseph Brandehoft, on July 18.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Dahmer

The never identified killer of Jon Benet Ramsey.

Brutalized and killed her the day after Christmas in her own home, and then got away with it due to many factors I will always suspect. It isn't said much but there was a daughter before Jon Benet was adopted, who died. Wonder how... really.

Funny thing, all of that and how the crime scene was made almost useless before the police ever got involved to screw it up more.

NS

• Like 1

Brutalized and killed her the day after Christmas in her own home, and then got away with it due to many factors I will always suspect. It isn't said much but there was a daughter before Jon Benet was adopted, who died. Wonder how... really.

Funny thing, all of that and how the crime scene was made almost useless before the police ever got involved to screw it up more.

NS

Good one. I didn't know about the daughter before Jon Benet, but I know they had a son too. Also I don't think she was adopted, her parents were her birth parents. Do you have any sources of her having a sister? I'd like to read about it if its out there. ;)

I've always been a big "fan" of the Zodiac Killer, too. Just because he was never caught, he taunted police...it was so totally out of a tv show or something, but a true story.

Now, as far as Jon Benet goes, that, too, is a pretty interesting case. I always thought it was Patsy myself but over the last couple years actually began to change my mind. Now, I don't think it was her at all. Or the father, for that matter. It likely was a transient type killer or someone from the area. We may never know.

if im not mistaken manson did kill anyone just convinced other people to do it for him,,right??

i would have to pick a few other murders,,that caused an affect afterwards,,

1.adam walsh, (thought to be killed by otis toole)

son of john walsh he was kidnapped raped and beheaded..his father now host americas most wanted and a handful of other shows a videos on sefldefence and child protection,,,helping the community and finding some of the worst criminals in america..John and Revé's efforts eventually led to the creation of the Missing Children Act of 1982 and the Missing Children's Assistance Act of 1984.

2.charles whitman,

Charles Joseph Whitman (June 24, 1941 – August 1, 1966) was a student at the University of Texas at Austin who killed 14 people and wounded 31 others as part of a shooting rampage from the observation deck of the University's 32-story administrative building on August 1, 1966. He did this shortly after murdering his wife and mother. He was eventually shot and killed by Austin police.

Together with the Watts riots of the early 1960s, Charles Whitman's shootings were considered the impetus for establishing SWAT teams and other task forces to deal with situations beyond normal police procedures. It also led President Lyndon B. Johnson to call for stricter gun control policies.

3.mary bell (holy crap this little psycho)

Mary Bell

Who could look at the face of this sweet 10-year-old girl and ever imagine her to be one of the youngest serial killers ever discovered. Was this youngster who killed her playmates without any feelings of guilt the result of a monstrous family or a bad seed or something else?

.i dont know if anything came aftrer this but holy hell shocking read

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorio...ll/index_1.html

4.O.J Simpson

killed his wife nicloe and her boyfried ron goldman (i dont care what anyone says he was guilty)

the first time a case from begenning to end was telavised,,,from the bronco chase to the courts decesion,,familes all over the world would sit night after night watching the case unfold,causing huge racial tension and debate all over america..

5.john hinckley (technically not a murder)

Brady was among those shot during John Hinckley, Jr.'s March 30, 1981, assassination attempt on Reagan, suffering a serious head wound. At one point, it was reported in the news media that he had died.[citation needed] This was incorrect, but the wound left him partially paralyzed for life; he is a full-time wheelchair user.wich brought forward the famouse brady bill,gun control act.

6.Amber Hagerman,

murder was never solved but In October 2000, the United States House of Representatives adopted H.R. 605(Amber Alert) which encouraged communities nationwide to implement the AMBER Plan. In April 2003, President George W. Bush signed the AMBER Alert legislation, making it a national program. While the AMBER Alert system is now mandated across the USA...

Jon Bentet had a half sister Belle (on her fathers side) who died in a car crash

I always thought OJ was pretty funky... :tu:

ah c'mon... look at him, he wouldn't hurt a fly...

linked-image

Aileen Wuornos - prostitute and serial killer

Jack The Stripper - wow had a strange way of killing his victims.

Jeffery Dahmer

The Cleveland Torso Murderer

Joachim Kroll - police arrested him in the middle of cooking a hand in a pan of boiling water :w00t:

Ted Bundy

Vlad Tepes

The Zodiac Killer

Dennis Lynn Rader

Andrei Chikatilo

Full bios of them here and much more.

http://www.serialkillercalendar.com/

ZODIAC(i believe zodiac was arthur lee allen)

JACK THE RIPPER(either kosminski or montague john druitt)

ANDRE CHIKATILLO(russian murderer who may have killed 200 women and children)

TEXARKANA MOONLIGHT MURDERER OF THE 1940S-he was never caught,but the cops thought they knew who it was.)

ALFRED PACKER-(WAS HE A MURDERER AND A CANNABAL?)

RICHARD KOKLINSKI(the iceman) a mafia hitman the cops think he may have killed 300 people.

DAVID(son of sam)Berkowitz(who helped him on his murder spree?)

OSAMA BIN LADEN(is he an actual killer,or just a sissy with a rag on his head?)

CHARLIE MANSON(a wussy that talks a good game.if he were ever threatened,he'd p*** his pants)

ALTON COLEMAN(one of the only black serial/spree killers who prayed on mostly helpless children and women)sent to hell by the state of illinois in the late 1990s

HENRY LEE LUCAS-(one eyed killer who confessed to thousands of deaths,but only really committed 3)

My list of most infamous serial killers. The only ones on the list in any particular order are 1 & 2. The rest I added as they came to mind.

1. The Zodiac killer

2. Jack the Ripper

3. Ed Gein

4. Ted Bundy

5. Richard Ramirez (the Night Stalker)

6. John Wayne Gacy

7. Dennis Rader (the BTK killer)

8. Gary Ridgeway (the Green River Killer)

9. Andrei Chikatilo

10. Jeffrey Dahmer

Dishonorable mention: Richard Kuklinsky (the Iceman). Since the vast majority of his murders happened as a hit-man for the mob, I don't want to include him on my original list, but he was prolific in his killing and brutal in his methods.

Dishonorable mention: Richard Kuklinsky (the Iceman). Since the vast majority of his murders happened as a hit-man for the mob, I don't want to include him on my original list, but he was prolific in his killing and brutal in his methods.

he killed for money only though.the rest of these ham and eggers killed to satisfy their weird sexual urges and blood lust.the iceman also never killed women or kids.

he killed for money only though.the rest of these ham and eggers killed to satisfy their weird sexual urges and blood lust.the iceman also never killed women or kids.

It's true that he never killed women or children, but in the interviews that were conducted with him prior to his death, he revealed that he had tortured animals out of boredom as a child, and had killed men for "p***ing him off" prior to ever becoming a contract killer. He was basically a man who felt absolutely nothing when killing another man. That level of emotional disattachment really freaks me out.

• 2 weeks later...

i dont know why all you guys think the zodic is so great , the reason he was never caught is because they called him in for an interview he died from a massive heart attack [probably stress related lol]

anyways heres some evidence i found of why i think Arthur Leigh Allen is the zodiac killer [also he highly exaggerated his killings only 8 have been verified he claimed 32] Allen’s shoe size (10.5) and glove size were the same as the killer’s. He owned and regularly wore a sports watch that was a Zodiac brand with the same logo as the killer. Allen lived in Vallejo across the street from one of the first victims (Darlene Ferrin) and where one of the killings took place. When interviewed by police, Allen mentioned that he had bloody knives in the car on the day of one of the murders claiming they were covered in chicken blood. Allen also stated that he was a fan of the short story "The Most Dangerous Game," which the Zodiac killer had alluded to several times in his letters.

In July 1971, a friend of Allen reported his suspicions about him to the Manhattan Beach Police Department, and the report was forwarded to the SFPD. When questioned later, Allen claimed without prompting that the bloody knives he had in his car the day of the Lake Berryessa attack had been used to kill chickens; and when asked if he had read "The Most Dangerous Game," he replied affirmatively and said it had made an impression on him. This interested the police, as the 408 character cipher appears to reference that short story. Allen was the only suspect in the case whom police had enough evidence against to execute not just one, but three search warrants: on 14 September 1972; 14 February 1991; and 28 August 1992, two days after he died. Allen denied his guilt in interviews but there was much circumstantial evidence against him.Police found no physical evidence to prove that Allen was the Zodiac Killer, and the Vallejo PD chose not to press charges against Allen, a felon, despite finding weapons and explosive components in his home following the 1991 search. Ultimately, Allen's fingerprints and handwriting did not match the Zodiac's, no concrete evidence linking him to the Zodiac killings was ever found, and recent DNA testing on the Zodiac letters in 2002 did not provide a match. However, neither Vallejo nor SFPD ruled Leigh out after the test results.

in my opinion the most infamous murder in history itself is jack the ripper

i dont know why all you guys think the zodic is so great , the reason he was never caught is because they called him in for an interview he died from a massive heart attack [probably stress related lol]

anyways heres some evidence i found of why i think Arthur Leigh Allen is the zodiac killer [also he highly exaggerated his killings only 8 have been verified he claimed 32] Allen’s shoe size (10.5) and glove size were the same as the killer’s. He owned and regularly wore a sports watch that was a Zodiac brand with the same logo as the killer. Allen lived in Vallejo across the street from one of the first victims (Darlene Ferrin) and where one of the killings took place. When interviewed by police, Allen mentioned that he had bloody knives in the car on the day of one of the murders claiming they were covered in chicken blood. Allen also stated that he was a fan of the short story "The Most Dangerous Game," which the Zodiac killer had alluded to several times in his letters.

In July 1971, a friend of Allen reported his suspicions about him to the Manhattan Beach Police Department, and the report was forwarded to the SFPD. When questioned later, Allen claimed without prompting that the bloody knives he had in his car the day of the Lake Berryessa attack had been used to kill chickens; and when asked if he had read "The Most Dangerous Game," he replied affirmatively and said it had made an impression on him. This interested the police, as the 408 character cipher appears to reference that short story. Allen was the only suspect in the case whom police had enough evidence against to execute not just one, but three search warrants: on 14 September 1972; 14 February 1991; and 28 August 1992, two days after he died. Allen denied his guilt in interviews but there was much circumstantial evidence against him.Police found no physical evidence to prove that Allen was the Zodiac Killer, and the Vallejo PD chose not to press charges against Allen, a felon, despite finding weapons and explosive components in his home following the 1991 search. Ultimately, Allen's fingerprints and handwriting did not match the Zodiac's, no concrete evidence linking him to the Zodiac killings was ever found, and recent DNA testing on the Zodiac letters in 2002 did not provide a match. However, neither Vallejo nor SFPD ruled Leigh out after the test results.

in my opinion the most infamous murderer in history itself is jack the ripper

ps. hey moderators can you delete the other posts that ive posted it looks like the site glitched up on me <_<

Edited by Elite

1. Lizzy Borden/?

2. Jack the Ripper/?

3. Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow…

4. Charles Manson (Charley-Chuck-Chuckles)…

Only four as the thoughts and bad vibe negative heart energies are just too heavy here... Man…

Not able to Count her as one do to being Acquitted-there for not guilty…The mystery remains: If Lizzie Borden did not wield the murder weapon, who did?

Wow, well as I don’t ever care to take my mind to such horrid thoughts of other peoples horrid atrocious Haines Hate crimes towards their fellow man and even families, I fill that they are all and any murder is a horrible unthinkable crime, I can see that people Men and Woman do “flip out to the point of no return” for various reasons, some in defense of their loved ones very horribly wronged or having their loved ones lives taken forever away from them/murdered, In which case I don’t believe in that they should murder, I believe rather that they should rather wait until someone else does it to the Proven Guilty or by their own criminal minded element; a gun or weapon in hand at moment of crime is deemed good enough proof in the County of Bad*** or the Law does kill them when and if proven Guilty, and then I wouldn’t put it past them to dig them up from their graves and tell them what they think of them…

That’s a twisted Humor clause and statement there nothing more…

Above writings based upon the Lizzy Borden Case in relations to possible reasons of the murders, as 100 years ago was a whole other world of Law and Order in this Nation, including wearing and using in a fast moment if needed be the Six Shot Big bore wheel guns to burn them down damn fast and hard or in a group Rope party...

I want to say that the older cases in History interest me the most more so than the modern cases, mostly because the Forensics and investigative practices were more challenging and also we have to consider and sort out the “ here say/He says or false leads and information factor”, taking that all into account, I would Like to put first Lizzy Borden however the verdict upon her Allegedly committing those crimes was as: Not Guilty, if she had been found Guilty I would want to ask was she born criminally insane or did she flip out due to a act against here by another family member, nothing more here said upon that case…

Jack the Ripper (as of yet Unknown, but some very close speculations based upon some very interesting Theory)…

So the next Jack the Ripper by far the more puzzling and I find as do many the most articulated gruesome of murders, he or she (As we are assuming here that he was of Male gender and not a Female in disguise as a Male) had Medical knowledge or a back ground in the Medical field including possibly as had been working as or working with a Mortician…

Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow…

Next I would say Bonnie and Clyde, now were they careless Cut throat Misanthropic Killers per say into it for the love of the Blood sport of killing and the lure of Money was the Excuse/Bonus, or was it the Lure of the Money first and then as Misanthropic Cut throats?

Charles Manson (Charley-Chuck-Chuckles)…

Next Charles Manson, (Chuckles) Was he criminally insane before he started to trip upon LSD, that has been a debated issue for a long time, I have seen the results first hand of people having burned out and frying their minds to the point of Not able to no longer function within the society of Man, I have heard a Man forced Fed by one of his Biker Groups Rival Biker Gangs (No Groups Names here now or ever mentioned) so much LSD and Pills he was mind blown when they let him go free, and believe me that Dude was even far more scary flipped out than Manson if you can believe it and he is still alive is still out there…

Many LCD Trippers having had Blown their minds are rehabilitated back into a somewhat normal life in society, so was Chuck's mind Criminally insane before he blew out his mind or did he even blow his mind at all, I think he did, because he has been incarcerated for one very long duration and all of those years of putting upon a persona is nothing of any easy feet to pull off, if one licks his eye brows over and over every minute for many years to slide by upon an insanity plea, I would have to say he was not in the beginning crazy then he was after a long period of time becoming crazy, (Gene Simons of KISS fame is excluded from this scenario) … I have to wonder what Major role the Recreational uses and also the chronic heavy abusers of Drugs play havoc on and can change the Minds of People to the point of crossing over and beyond into the Point of No return…Drug use is not cool man, I have seen Young people fry their minds upon Marijuana laces with other chemicals of which they were un aware of to the point of destroying their lives and their families lives all the way down to saling everything they own house included to pay for the years of habilitation for their exploring kid…

Charles Manson is one scary Dude but there are a whole lot out there just as whacked out as Chuckles…One sick Dude…

So that is one Accused of and Acquitted/-one apparently in the Medical Field unknown/- A couple of Killers Paired in Crime, Murder and Love/- and a Brain Fried Murderer of the Sixties that is very scary but really not as any more frightening them many others caught and the many more out there unknown or yet caught…

I Ain’t going to post the last five to six, B & C counted as two there, I just cannot think of the Negative any more here…Later..

From the Creative Fictional Writings of Pavot

Edited by Pavot

Oh yes, definitely Lizzie Borden. I have studied that case for several years and its always fascinated me.

That and Bonnie and Clyde, very cool indeed!

• 1 month later...

NS

Adopted? She resembles Patsy and Burke. What do you mean? John the father had a daughter to die in an auto accident about 5 years or so before...her name was Beth. What do you mean about adopted? News to me. The child died with a parent (s) knowledge. Not necessarily of her dying but she was being abused for someone's entertainment.

Does it have to be an Infamous Murder? Most of mine are probably not very well known and some of them are missing people but have been gone so long that it is pretty inevitable they are dead.

The Walker Family Murders http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20051...667/0/SPECIAL12

The Keddie Murders http://www.truecrimeweblog.com/2008/05/uns...ie-murders.html http://www.cabin28.com/

The Girl Scout Camp Murders http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2...ers.html?cat=37

The Disappearence of Maura Murray (most likely murdered) http://www.mauramurraymissing.com/ http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/murray_maura.html

Disappearence of the 3 Springfield, Mo Women (most likely murdered) http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mccall_stacy.html http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endID=133760380

The Jabalee Murders - what did they write in their own blood? http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=47320

Jon Benet Ramsey

http://acandyrose.com/

Tara Grinstead http://findtara.com/

Jennifer Kesse http://jenniferkesse.com/

Damon and Devon Routier - mother convicted but case surrounded by controversy - did Darlie murder her sons? She was just granted new DNA testing of the crime scene. We are awaiting the results. Personally I think she is guilty, guilty, guilty. All evidence points to her and not an intruder.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorio.../routier/1.html

I would sure would like to know who shot those those two little girls in Oklahoma. http://websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162

Edited by gaia227

I'd have to go with Ed Gein...not only did he kill the store clerk and the bar maid and hang them in his garage like deer but they found the following in his house and never knew how many people he really killed. (though they say he may have been a grave robber too)

Human skulls were mounted on the corner posts of his bed

Lampshades and upholstered chairs made out of human skin

A window shade pull consisting of human lips

the skin of a woman's upper body made into a vest (he supposedly wanted a sex change)

Human skulltops which he ate out of (used the as bowls)

a pair of socks made from human flesh

A vagina necklace that Gein admitted to wearing.

Some shrunken heads

A skin mask made from the face of the barkeep

a human nipple belt

BTW, his story was the basis for various movies such as Pshycho (the mother part of the story was borrowed from Ed Geins childhood and later he locked up her room and left it as it was when she died) and Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Another sicko that was an interesting read was Albert Fish. A child molesting murderer from the early 20th century...

Edited by 69dinner42

in my opinion the most infamous murder in history itself is jack the ripper

There was no concrete proof that Arthur Leigh Allen was the Zodiac. A DNA analysis has proven; after Allen's death; that he was not in any way connected to the crimes. For two of the attacks he wasn't even in San Francisco. All police, and criminal authorities now have proof that were two men involved in the killing spree. A Master who planned and did some of the killings and a Student who was the one seen in the black outfit and hood. The Student was also believed to be the killer of the student in Los Angeles before the SF killings began.