Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Electrogravitics

UM-Bot

tesla.jpg
William B Stoecker: There is nothing in relativity or quantum mechanics that allows for gravity control, or "anti gravity," but such technology, if it exists, could explain the flight characteristics of ufos, and, possibly, the ability of the ancients to quarry, transport, lift, and emplace stones weighing many hundreds of thousands of pounds. And there is a great deal of evidence, albeit controversial, that modern inventors have achieved gravity control, and, furthermore, that gravity control and so-called "free" energy are different sides of the same coin.

The ancient Greeks and others, contrary to popular opinion, knew perfectly well that the world was round, and even measured its diameter with fair accuracy. Yet, until the time of Newton, no one seems to have given much thought to what holds us onto the Earth. After he published his laws of gravity and motion, the stage was set for further developments. Early science fiction writers like HG Wells fantasized about anti gravity, and, beginning early in the twentieth a number of inventors, too "ignorant" to know that it was "impossible," began attempting to invent gravity control systems. Guided by intuition and trial and error, they reasoned that since gravity was an attractive force and electromagnetism was an attractive (and repulsive) force there might be a connection. Over time, there were two main approaches.

In recent decades a number of inventors, mainly Podkletnov in Finland, have experimented with spinning electromagnets and claim to have measurably reduced the weight of objects placed above their apparatus, though they have not achieved actual levitation.

Beginning as far back as the nineteen twenties, in the US, Dr. Paul Alfred Biefeld and the self educated inventor Townsend Brown began developing something that has been called the "Biefeld-Brown Effect," or, more commonly, "electrogravitics." By the nineteen fifties Brown had carried on the work and developed true levitation. Basically, he used a well known electrical device called a capacitor. A capacitor stores electrical energy, normally at rather high voltages, for short periods. It consists of two metal plates separated by a dielectric, or insulator, which may be a vacuum, or air, or some solid substance like mica. One plate is given a negative charge, and the other a positive charge, and the charges attract one another and hold one another in place until they leak across the dielectric or into the surrounding air. In theory, a capacitor could hold a charge forever (and this becomes important when we discuss free energy), but, in practice, the leakage is usually very fast. Brown discovered that a capacitor, for unknown reasons, produced a slight propulsive force in the direction of the positive plate, pushing the entire apparatus in that direction. He found, by trial and error, that certain shapes worked better than others.

In one version, the electrogravitic device is shaped rather like an umbrella. The large, hemispherical portion is charged positive, the "umbrella stick" is the dielectric, and, at its base, is the negative "plate," normally shaped as a sphere. He was able to make these levitate, and interested the US Air Force in a contract. No one knows what, if anything, came of this, and there are many who believe that the US government has secretly carried on the work and developed actual gravity control spacecraft. There is even a rumor that some B-2 bombers are actually propelled by electrogravitics.

In the other version, the positive plate is a wire or thin rod, and the negative plate is actually shaped like a metal plate, a flat, rectangular piece of metal mounted edge on to the wire, with air or some other dielectric between them. These, too, have levitated, and, so simple is their design, that any number of people have built and flown them. Among them are Tim Ventera, Jean-Louis Naudin, and others, and organizations like the Gravity Research Group and Aviation Studies. Thomas Valone and Paul La Violette have written extensively about this research.

From the start there has been a controversy. Does electrogravitics really produce an unknown propulsive force, presumably some sort of gravity control, that could be used in the vacuum of space? Or is it merely a kind of jet propulsion, pushed by a ion wind that blows downward and pushes the device up?Blazelabs claims to have tested it in a partial vacuum chamber and seen the force drop off to zero, allegedly proving that it is only ion wind.Other writers claim that it has in fact worked even in a vacuum.

One man who has tested the wire and plate version is Jess Fritch. Like most of the other researchers, he has arranged three of these in a triangle, and I have personally seen the device levitate on at least three occasions. Once, I felt for the ion wind, and could detect only the faintest breeze, certainly not enough to blow the device sideways, let alone lift it straight up.

Admittedly, this is not a precise scientific experiment, but we are all familiar all of our lives with the wind and have a rough idea how much wind is needed to lift things. At the very least, this technology is worthy of more funding and study by someone other than the government.

Then there is the "free" energy angle. Since a capacitor, in theory, can hold a charge forever, this implies that the energy used to charge up the device is not what lifts it, but, rather, merely allows the electrogravitics lifter to tap into some other, unknown energy source that surrounds us everywhere and might be tapped for many purposes, perhaps at very low cost. For example, if several of the flat wire and plate lifters were mounted around an axle and all aligned to push it in one direction, say clockwise, this could turn a generator and produce electric current. Once the plates were charged up to start with, a small part of the electricity from the generator could be used to replace the charge that leaks away, and the rest of it would be usable energy. High tech dielectrics like barium titanium oxide might allow higher voltages and greater thrust and reduce leakage.

Such technology could literally empower the people, vastly improving the economy, ending our dependence on foreign oil, and making individuals and smal communities and companies more independent. If gravity control fliers replaced automobiles, people would also become more mobile. Clearly, this is not something our government elite can tolerate, which is all the more reason to develop the technology.

William B Stoecker
The Atlantis Conspiracy
www.hiddenmysteries.com
  • Like 1

Then there is the "free" energy angle. Since a capacitor, in theory, can hold a charge forever, this implies that the energy used to charge up the device is not what lifts it, but, rather, merely allows the electrogravitics lifter to tap into some other, unknown energy source that surrounds us everywhere and might be tapped for many purposes, perhaps at very low cost. For example, if several of the flat wire and plate lifters were mounted around an axle and all aligned to push it in one direction, say clockwise, this could turn a generator and produce electric current. Once the plates were charged up to start with, a small part of the electricity from the generator could be used to replace the charge that leaks away, and the rest of it would be usable energy. High tech dielectrics like barium titanium oxide might allow higher voltages and greater thrust and reduce leakage.

Assuming that the leakage that occurs normally is not actually the charge being leached off for this effect.

not electrogravitics it is an Ionocraft in the picture.

So, in a nutshell, attraction is holding the two metal plates up? Isn't this theoretically possible with very strong magnets? Of course nothing is gonna beat ionic charges, but if the magnets were strong enough...

*sigh* Why does the government have to nap everything? <_<

this sums it up

There are actually a bunch of electrogravitic American aircraft. Ya all of them are kept quiet, or used to be. Here they are:

B-2 Stealth Bomber, Aurora SR-33A, Lockheed-Martain X-33A, Lockheed X-22A, TR3-A Pumpkinseed, TR3-B Asrta, XH-75D Shark, Great Pumpkin, and TAW-50.

As for the mentioned free, infinite, and clean energy, it is called zero point energy. We have had this technology since the 1940's. Yes, we have not needed the wonerfully polluteing fossile fuels or very dangerous nuclear energy systems for well over 60 years. Why do we have it? Money and power, simple as it gets. There is one American craft that is fitted with a very nice zero point energy propulsion system. It's called the A.R.V or Alien Reproduction Vehicle. This craft can go beyond the speed of light. You can go 100,000 light years in 1 hour and 40 minutes.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

reduceing the wieght of an object is not enought to even conter the effect of gravity there is to many things missing like makeing the object float higher and manover faster and yet do great speed , even a lifter has missing things to yet it floats and hissses and yet it reqiures so much voltage that if you was to make a flyimng saucer it would be to uneffective as the wieght of the craft and the amount of energy you can get from say a few million volts still aint enougth to even get a hevey saucer off the ground and you have to rely on outer wire electrodes for the energy convection , how many saucers have you seen with coper electrodes around them and why dont they all hiss instead of huming and buzzing , even the large lifter on the j naudin site made by the japeneese dosent have the higher speed and manoverability like a real ufo dose ,

• Like 1

• 8 years later...

hello, i would like to put here my vision for the development of the electrogravitics technology via this video, and the explanations given in the links to it

17 minutes ago, x_name41 said:

hello, i would like to put here my vision for the development of the electrogravitics technology via this video, and the explanations given in the links to it

Can you please explain in text what this is about before we have to click on some video?

Cheers,
Badeskov

ok, my project for an electrogravitational engine based on the effect of T T Brown, which is developing the lifter technology of an asymmetric capacitor. It is, in general, a powerful asymmetrical high voltage capacitor with a solid dielectric, which can be ceramic, quartz, porcelain, and so on. The purpose of this capacitor is as a "big lifting force" engine that can be placed on everything from a stool to a car, a truck, etc., taking into account the necessary safety and installation techniques. The capacitor is designed to operate in a resonant circuit of a defined frequency, composed of an inductance with a high quality factor at the expense of the mass (according to preliminary data of the ratio of the inductive force / mass of inductance and others is acceptable). In the figures, using the solidworks program software, I designed an example design of one of my models in two variants, one with a ceramic dielectric and the other with a quartz dielectric. The configuration shows that I have adhered to the basic idea and principle of the lifts, but in fact this is just one option, it is important to observe the asymmetry between the two electrodes (and dielectrics in some cases). In this case, the ceramic or quartz dielectric completely encompasses the two asymmetric capacitor electrodes, the ceramic body is ceramic, and the electrodes are thin and wide ring-shaped because of the high frequency and the large reactive currents, and the body thickness is adapted to the working voltage at 1000V per 1mm. This concept is a prototype and is an idea for creating and implementing electrogravitational technology in public and mass transport, as technology is safe, reliable, efficient and inexpensive compared to other very diverse examples in this area, perhaps not analogous. Furthermore, the constructive embodiment with a solid dielectric and other configurations could eventually work in the space as well as on the ground as an object equipped with such capacitors could develop superluminal velocities and overcome inertia and air resistance including the possibility of self-powered due to the use of a powerful high voltage resonance system with a high quality factor and a quartz dielectric for the capacitors.

Edited by x_name41

Fabulous word salad.

Just explain WHAT creates the lift, and how much?  Proper explanations and maths, please.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Fabulous word salad.

Just explain WHAT creates the lift, and how much?  Proper explanations and maths, please.

Pink unicorn elephants... Ain't obvious? Pink creates lift, unicorn drives. Simple. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Fabulous word salad.

did you ever hear about electrogravity ?, about the studies and experiments of Thomas Townsend Brown?, because to ask me such questions means you have not heard and do not know, at least with such an impression I stayed. Sample output data is found in the links to the video

Edited by x_name41
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, x_name41 said:

did you ever hear about electrogravity ?, about the studies and experiments of Thomas Townsend Brown?, because to ask me such questions means you have not heard and do not know, at least with such an impression I stayed. Sample output data is found in the links to the video

Lot of idiots fried their brains with HV. SHOW US ELECTOGRAVITY. I don't give a smeg about youtube videos, show us you can use electrogravity, and propulse yourself to the Moon. Show us THAT, smeg for brains.

23 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Lot of idiots fried their brains with HV. SHOW US ELECTOGRAVITY. I don't give a smeg about youtube videos, show us you can use electrogravity, and propulse yourself to the Moon. Show us THAT, smeg for brains.

I'm sorry but the my question was posed to a particular user, you are very impudent and you are also superficial and elemental. Еverything with the time, only that's what I'm going to say

• Like 1

1 minute ago, x_name41 said:

I'm sorry but the my question was posed to a particular user, you are very impudent and you are also superficial and elemental. Еverything with the time, only that's what I'm going to say

Thats sissy smeging excuse. Basically, you can prove $#!+ and zero.

Spare us of kindergartenish "you are also superficial and elemental." crap, SHOW US ELECTOGRAVITY, will yea.

Let me guess, you will sissy out of here to not be seen anymore.

On 21/6/2008 at 7:17 AM, UtahRaptor said:

There are actually a bunch of electrogravitic American aircraft. Ya all of them are kept quiet, or used to be. Here they are:

If they are secret how do you know that they have electrogravity propulsion ?

B-2 Stealth Bomber

Its powered by a turbofan jet engine.

, Aurora SR-33A,

No real evidence that it really exists. If it does, from what I have seen it is most likely to have ramjet or pulse jet propulsion.

Lockheed-Martain X-33A,

Never actually flew and it would have had aerospike rocket engines.

Lockheed X-22A,

If you mean the F-22A it have turbofan jet engines. 

TR3-A Pumpkinseed, TR3-B Asrta,

No real evidence it exists, so how can you say anything about its propulsion ?

XH-75D Shark,

Had to look that one up. Turns out its supposed to be an anti-gravity helicopter. Why would you need helicopter blade if you have anti-gravity ?

shrkhelo.jpg

Great Pumpkin, and TAW-50.

A little research showed that this list is basically a copy of this : http://www.metatech.org/wp/ufos/secret-government-anti-gravity-fleet/

Not the most convincing place in the world: http://www.metatech.org/wp/

As for the mentioned free, infinite, and clean energy, it is called zero point energy. We have had this technology since the 1940's.

How do you know ?

Yes, we have not needed the wonerfully polluteing fossile fuels or very dangerous nuclear energy systems for well over 60 years. Why do we have it? Money and power, simple as it gets.

Or maybe the technology you talk about doesn't actually exist ?

There is one American craft that is fitted with a very nice zero point energy propulsion system.

How do you know ?

It's called the A.R.V or Alien Reproduction Vehicle.

How do you know ?

This craft can go beyond the speed of light.

How do you know ?

You can go 100,000 light years in 1 hour and 40 minutes.

How do you know ?

Yes I did get a little lazy at the end (:rolleyes:), but the point is that in order to make a convincing argument for a technology you have to do better that "I read it on the internet" if you want to be taken seriously.

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, bmk1245 said:

Pink unicorn elephants... Ain't obvious? Pink creates lift, unicorn drives. Simple. 

You can take this guy on a trip to another solar system and back on a prototype anti-craft/zero point craft and he'd be like "yeah but where's the maths?"

4 hours ago, Area201 said:

You can take this guy on a trip to another solar system and back on a prototype anti-craft/zero point craft and he'd be like "yeah but where's the maths?"

Thing is, he won't. The only trip he can make (with all his garbage printed on loo roll) is the loo...

Well, since I don't know anything about any of this, it is a fascinating concept. I have no idea why,but I have always thought that "gravity" is some ,as of yet, Un-understood aspect of electromagnetism .

just as, there must be some, as of yet ,Un-understood ,and much more stable, forces at work in holding the orbits of objects around other objects....besides an extremely precarious balance between

"Gravity" and   Momentum.

Edited by lightly

4 hours ago, lightly said:

Well, since I don't know anything about any of this, it is a fascinating concept. I have no idea why,but I have always thought that "gravity" is some ,as of yet, Un-understood aspect of electromagnetism .

As the OP doesn't understand (and never will), gravity is a separate and distinct force.  That absolute fact can easily be proved in any numbers of ways, but the most obvious is that you get NO electro / magnetic attraction / repulsion whatsoever UNLESS the objects being affected have charge.  Gravity, however works on all mass, whether or not it is charged.

Again as the OP doesn't understand), you can use many things, including electro-magnetism, turbofan jet engines, rockets, even a gentle lift upwards with your hand (if one item is relatively low in mass...) to overcome gravity...

But, again as the OP doesn't understand, given the examples he posted), that does not mean you have discovered anti-gravity....  You have merely overcome it, using a 'stronger' force....

just as, there must be some, as of yet ,Un-understood ,and much more stable, forces at work in holding the orbits of objects around other objects....besides an extremely precarious balance between "Gravity" and   Momentum.

I'm not sure what you mean - we can very accurately measure gravitation forces, just as we can measure the output of a jet or rocket engine, so even you or I could show that a particular aircraft has sufficient power to fly...  Momentum and Inertia are involved, but we do know how it all works, even if we don't fully understand why gravity exists (or why E-M forces exist, for that matter).

If you can explain what you mean, or don't understand, please elaborate and we'll try to help.

Edited by ChrLzs
turribl spelin
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, x_name41 said:

did you ever hear about electrogravity ?

Only in bad jokes, and on silly Free Energy and UFO sites.... 

about the studies and experiments of Thomas Townsend Brown?

I presume you are referring to the laughable Biefield-Brown Experiments?  Did you know that the University where they claimed they did their experiments has never heard of them?  I do know about electro- / magneto-hydrodynamics - those are interesting curiosities, but are not efficient, and no-one has managed to create a working drive from them - even if they did, the effect has NOTHING to do with 'anti-gravity'.

because to ask me such questions means you have not heard and do not know...

It means to me that you have never researched this at all, beyond tinfoil websites.  Next will you be raising the Hutchison Effect?

Sample output data is found in the links to the video

As I didn't go to the video (this is a discussion forum, not a video presentation blog) and it seems you won't post that data or give a reference to a credible and *properly documented paper*, it looks a lot like you are pushing fakery.  If you have access to the data and documentation (you say it's yours..), then why not post it here?  I suspect you haven't properly tested any of this out at all.  I'll apologise profusely if you can prove me wrong..

Edited by ChrLzs

Thanks a lot ChrLzs, your obviously very knowledgable, l'm essentially clueless. 

But, as for my thought about more than the forces of momentum and gravity being involved in holding the earth, for example, in it's orbit...

some say our moon was formed when an immense object slammed into the earth,creating debris that ,some of which,formed a disc around the earth,which ,over time, gathered to form our moon.

i'm just wondering how the earth would not be knocked out of it's precarious balance between momentum and gravity when struck by an object that immense and traveling that fast! ?