Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shadow Man

dancin'hamster

To continue my little theme of Haunted Inns - here's another story from my book ~

The A- (not allowed to say the name) Public House, in Wimborne, is one of the towns’ oldest pubs. In its time it has been a courthouse and a school, and was originally called ‘The New Inn’. It is now a comfortable pub, filled with lively chatter, but with such a long and varied history, it seems almost obligatory that The A- should have a ghost. And indeed it has. Something unseen stalks along the corridors of The A- at night, when the licensees are safely tucked up in their beds. A slow tread along the landing, or noises downstairs in the bar are heard. Upon investigation, there is not a living soul to be seen. However, one morning the ghost decided to reveal itself. One of the cleaning ladies was hard at work on this particular morning, dusting and polishing, when she looked up to see the black shadowy out-line of a man, standing in the corner of the room. She felt as if it was watching her intently with unseen eyes. She decided to vacate that bar, in rather a hurry, but upon entering the other bar, found the shadow there, as if he was waiting there for her. No living soul could have got past her and into the other bar without her seeing them, yet there it was, waiting silently for her. The cleaner was, rather understandably, very shaken by this encounter. She left in rather a hurry, and quite unsurprisingly has refused to work alone. She is still uneasy and wonders what this unearthly creature wanted……'

Apparantly this isn't the first time the 'shadow' has stalked the members of staff. It kind of creeps me out the way it waits for people when they try to leave to room that they see it in........ick, nasty.

Hammy x x x

Edited by dancin'hamster

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dancin'hamster

• Cufflink

• Billie

• <bleeding_heart>

Top Posters In This Topic

It is creepy, Hams. blink.gif But is it just a coincidence that the person then spots the ghost in the next room, or is it reacting to them? Is it making a point of showing itself to them, either for a reason, or just out of malice?

Or is it just a replay, that is present in many rooms?

Edited by Cufflink

Eeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick - get rid of that Cuffy - I'll get me **** sued!!!!!!!!

laugh.gif

Eeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick - get rid of that Cuffy - I'll get me **** sued!!!!!!!!

laugh.gif

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Consider **** saved, sweety. wink2.gif

*phew*

Anyhoo - back to the topic in hand.

Why does the shadow do that?

How does it 'know' where people will run to?

Does this denote a certain level of intelligence - or an enjoyment of scaring the crap outta people?

dontgetit.gif

Does this denote a certain level of intelligence - or an enjoyment of scaring the crap outta people?

Could be both just to make things worse!

if you had nothing else to do except follow the cleaner from bar to bar wouldn't you?? I wonder why "the shadow" chose the cleaner during daylight hours and not the landlord & lady during the night??? After all that noise and footsteps during the night..............

weird!

Not popping in there for a drink no more thats for sure...... crying.gif

Billie - you probably know where it is laugh.gif

Bleeding Heart ~ yeah - ikky isn't it? The fact that it is obviusly enjoying being creepy......and peering into the CCTV too ~ not nice!

*Why does the shadow do that?

How does it 'know' where people will run to?Does this denote a certain level of intelligence?

no,
or an enjoyment of scaring the crap outta people?

thats the one.

Edited by man_in_mudboots

I know where youre talking about Hammy. Never struck me as the most easliest off places for a beer...................... dontgetit.gif