Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yup

ghost story's from the Netherlands

5 posts in this topic

Hello i am new here and i have been reading on this forum for quite a long time. I am from the Netherlands, i am 20 and have been interested in ghosts, myths and legends for a long time (Btw my english is bad....). Now the place where i live (Lopik) has quite a few stories. Our little town has got a castle that is called "Kasteel Veldestein". It has been up since 1327 and has experienced many battles and also quite a few deaths... We also have a few abandoned houses (the usual) and my grandmother lives in a monumental building that was once home to the german troops. The house my grandmother lives in is big and really eerie, when i was young i always had that eerie feeling when i was alone upstairs (but maybe that is because i was young and quite quickly creeped out.. :) Now i want to do some investigation just for the experience and to keep you guys entertained with other country ghosts and experiences (something different than all the ouija board threads ;) But up to you to decide what i need to research. I will take pics, and if someone could tell me what i need for the evp's i will be happy to share them with you,

cya Dartronius (oh yeah here is the link of the castle, http://www.kasteleninutrecht.nl/Jaarsveld.htm/ , but all dutch srry...)

Hello i am new here and i have been reading on this forum for quite a long time. I am from the Netherlands, i am 20 and have been interested in ghosts, myths and legends for a long time (Btw my english is bad....). Now the place where i live (Lopik) has quite a few stories. Our little town has got a castle that is called "Kasteel Veldestein". It has been up since 1327 and has experienced many battles and also quite a few deaths... We also have a few abandoned houses (the usual) and my grandmother lives in a monumental building that was once home to the german troops. The house my grandmother lives in is big and really eerie, when i was young i always had that eerie feeling when i was alone upstairs (but maybe that is because i was young and quite quickly creeped out.. :) Now i want to do some investigation just for the experience and to keep you guys entertained with other country ghosts and experiences (something different than all the ouija board threads ;) But up to you to decide what i need to research. I will take pics, and if someone could tell me what i need for the evp's i will be happy to share them with you,

cya Dartronius (oh yeah here is the link of the castle, http://www.kasteleninutrecht.nl/Jaarsveld.htm/ , but all dutch srry...)

A digital recorder for the EVPs is best but you can uae a regular one if thats what you have, the same goes for a camera good luck . And some history with the home also helps set the mood. Looking forward to hearing from you ...Aanica :)

Dartronius,

At first I think you need patience and friends who trust you. Do not try the Ouija board or any other ghost-calling-things. Just use your common sense and try to explain every experience logicaly.

Its possible that you confuse your nerves with "energie from beyond", since this would be your first ghosthunting.

As noted somewhere else on this site, its possible that you are able to take pictures of dust, warm air, cat-eyes, your wristwrap, etc.

See if you can get info about the history of the neighbourhood/city, etc. Dutch newspapers are said to have a vast and accurate archive.

If I can think of any more tips, I will get back to you.

Good luck

Kom je uit Utrecht ? ik lig er 20 kilometer van af, misschien als je wilt kunnen we wat afspreken of iets,

Groeten.

I don't know if by Netherlands you also mean Flanders (belgium) but we have plenty of ghost stories and paranormal things ourselves... Look up 'kludde'.