Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Types of dreams...

chaostrom

Let's assume, for the sake of this question, that dreams have some purpose, whether it is some deeper meaning, predicting the future or what have you.

Would vivid/realistic dreams be of more "interest", for lack of a better word, than dreams that are not?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chaostrom

• eight bits

• Enigmatic Annasawzi

• sumthingnice60

I have not really had any vivid dreams, but I don't want to either. I prefer dreams to just take their own course so that, upon waking up, I can see what my mind was telling me. Dreams are seldom realistic for me in that something randomly appears or disappears without explanation. I like fantasy/adventure dreams the best.

The only dreams that stick with me and feel like they may have some meaning are the vivid ones, so I'd say yes.

I had a very, unnervingly realistic dream where I shot myself in the chest in my bedroom. I literally felt the life drain from me and my spirit come out of my body and float around, whilst my mum got up to go to the bathroom and in my spirit form I was praying for her not to find me dead in my room. I started crying in the dream and then suddenly I was back in my body and was fine again. At that point I woke up.

Very odd though, just how realistic it felt.

I asked because I had a dream that wasn't at all like my usual dreams. The vast majority of my dreams I don't remember upon waking up, and the few I do are extremely vivid. This one, however, wasn't just vivid, it felt real, and the feeling continued even through to the next day. I'm undecided on whether dreams have a purpose or not, but this one has got me thinking maybe.

The following insights may be of interest.

Question: Dear Kryon: Other channellers have said that we should pay attention to our dreams and that we shouldn't use our dream books any longer, as the old symbols are no longer relevant. They've also stated that our dreams represent a release of old energies. So how do we analyze dreams now? Can you explain how we go about understanding the relevance of our dreams?

Question: Dear Kryon: For many years I've been remembering many of my (sleeping) dreams, and also have been trying to interpret what they mean and what they can tell me about myself. I had some thoughts today, and was wondering if you could comment on them, and also about lucid dreaming. Here are my thoughts:

Are my dreams my imagination, and also my reality? I guess, in a way, the continual shifting in dream scenery could be likened to the fact that our true realities are layered, and multidimensional and can change in an instant. Furthermore, who's to say that our dreamscapes aren't alternate realities, on different planes/dimensions, which are brought about by choices we've made, or didn't make, in our "past"? Maybe they're playing out in our subconscious, to poke and prod us to learn in this reality what we may have learned, or are trying to learn, in our other realities?

Answer: First, let's give you, as best we can, the reasons for dreams, and the process involved. It's not what you necessarily indicated. This Human dream function is extremely complex. Even after our explanation, you may not fully understand.

Biological: From a biological aspect, dreams are actually a memory release and rewrite. They are a form of mental clearing that the body must perform in order to actually reorganize the brain during the sleep state. It moves things around and prioritizes the places where memory is stored. In the process, you often get flashes of what it's doing. So this is the clinical truth, not yet seen or accepted by science. Soon, however, as you're able to map the energies of the brain in real time, this will be shown. Remember where you read it first!

Psychological: The memories that are moved from place to place are often done in a priority that's driven by your fears, loves, passions, and even your addictions. This is a hierarchy that remains very telling in analysis, and hasn't changed much through the centuries of Human existence. The nonlinear attributes... seeing people in places they never were, or couldn't be within a real 4D time line, are common, since the brain is moving these things in a nonlinear way. Think of it this way: You're carrying a box of photos of all your life experiences. Suddenly you drop the box, and the photos go everywhere. As you pick them up, they're not in any order. The past and present are all mixed up. As you hold the photos in your hand, your Aunt Sally is next to a home that she never saw, visiting your children whom she's never met. In addition, you pick up certain photos first that have more energy for you than the others, since they're going to be filed in a specific place that needs to be more available to the brain for remembrance. So the brain actually prioritizes the memories in an order that's telling. This is where psychological analysis has been so valuable in the past.

Spiritual: With the coming of the new energy, Lightworker and ascension status has changed all the potentials, and a brand new piece of the dream puzzle emerges. Your newfound awareness is suddenly part of this memory rearrangement. In addition, if you're working at it (being a Lightworker), the dream process has changed its purpose. It's now actually a rewrite of the past within your DNA (in addition to the biological sorting of neuron storage, as seen above)! This is very difficult to describe. Think of it this way: Return to the photos on the floor. Now, as you pick up each photo, you get to rewrite the emotions and energies around them with a new, enlightened mind. The father that abused you is now the "partner in karma," and an entity who did a good job of stirring your life up. The brother who committed suicide and shamed the family is now the one who gave you a gift... a kick in the pants to find out more about spiritual things. The partner who loves you, who may be lying next to you, is becoming more precious with your new divine eyes. So you're not just rearranging the memories. The brain is rewriting them. This is a powerful new attribute that shows a new enablement for Humans, and is primal to the teachings of Kryon and the other channellers of the New Age. Now, the photos you pick up first are the ones that you're rewriting and are thereby changing your very time line in this place called Earth.

The biological and psychological aspects cooperate fully with your enlightened state. They're subservient to the divine plan in your body, and have rearranged the priorities to help you fulfill a change in your DNA.

How to interpret the dreams? Well, those other channellers were correct - if you're working on your enlightenment. For the old interpretations discount the new spiritual aspects of the process. Now you may look at the interpretations completely in a spiritual light. Did you dream of Aunt Sally? Why? Perhaps you're rewriting how you felt about her and bringing her into a new light? Perhaps she's visiting you in an interdimensional way to help you process and rewrite her history within the scope of your life? This is very, very common. Parents return; those you lost during your 4D time line show up. You see, it's very complex, but it has indeed changed. Look for far more nonlinear things in the dream state.

Finally, a hint: If some of you have dreams that repeat and repeat a process or a song or an action seemingly all night (although dreams are actually happening in just a few seconds), it doesn't mean anything. Don't try to read into it. Instead, it's a smokescreen to let the brain and the divinity unify. The brain creates a feedback loop that runs while it does things that are beautiful, out of sight, and filled with new abilities for your consciousness.

I normally have realistic dreams. They are never fantasy like types. I remember my dreams usually...Im a light sleeper and easily awakened...so maybe perhaps because im in a "in between" state Im also more receptive to visits in my dreams too....

I've had all sorts of dreams, vivid I don't like but come onto me with a coming storm with no end.

Lucid dreams are fun, sometimes at least.

When OBE's whatever they are, or just the figment of the imagination, they try to enter my dreamscaping, but only to find that I have pretty much mastered my dreaming, from making it vivid to making it lucid, to making it both. So when an OBE even enters my dream, I ask, are you here for pleasure, to guide, to instruct, or to cause harm, in most cases, it's to cause harm, to my mind, so I take control of my dream, and become like all Native American culturalistic folklore, the Dream Weaver. In most cases which in my case is very rare indeed, since for some reason I pose a sort of threat to most OBE's(spirits, sprites, whatever you want to call them), some come with advice, or to guide and instruct me.

I very rarely have visions, as I tend to reject, or superimpose against them, it's never best to try and peer the future, since if one were to think of it, this is how it is.

There are 42 doors to a person, 42 roads to each door, millions of paths to each road, billions of choices, and there causes and effects, so even seeing the future can be tiresome at best. I have however, found a way in my mind to even peer the future, but my head hurts like it's about to explode, and my body temperature goes way to high, begging the query of a fever. I basically, peer it in fast forward, then over a course of a few days, am able to see what needs seeing and what I don't generally care for. I also found other wonderful abilities that most would think impossible, such as committing in full, Tabula Rasa, or the unlearning of everything.

There's other stuff, but none that I wish to write for it would take too much time, and I at this present have too much to research on the internet to even begin to write and corrolate for you all.

Go your own way in peace,

I've had all sorts of dreams, vivid I don't like but come onto me with a coming storm with no end.

Lucid dreams are fun, sometimes at least.

When OBE's whatever they are, or just the figment of the imagination, they try to enter my dreamscaping, but only to find that I have pretty much mastered my dreaming, from making it vivid to making it lucid, to making it both. So when an OBE even enters my dream, I ask, are you here for pleasure, to guide, to instruct, or to cause harm, in most cases, it's to cause harm, to my mind, so I take control of my dream, and become like all Native American culturalistic folklore, the Dream Weaver. In most cases which in my case is very rare indeed, since for some reason I pose a sort of threat to most OBE's(spirits, sprites, whatever you want to call them), some come with advice, or to guide and instruct me.

I very rarely have visions, as I tend to reject, or superimpose against them, it's never best to try and peer the future, since if one were to think of it, this is how it is.

There are 42 doors to a person, 42 roads to each door, millions of paths to each road, billions of choices, and there causes and effects, so even seeing the future can be tiresome at best. I have however, found a way in my mind to even peer the future, but my head hurts like it's about to explode, and my body temperature goes way to high, begging the query of a fever. I basically, peer it in fast forward, then over a course of a few days, am able to see what needs seeing and what I don't generally care for. I also found other wonderful abilities that most would think impossible, such as committing in full, Tabula Rasa, or the unlearning of everything.

There's other stuff, but none that I wish to write for it would take too much time, and I at this present have too much to research on the internet to even begin to write and corrolate for you all.

Go your own way in peace,

Lucid dreams can be deceiving. I learned the hard way. Just ignore what dream people tell you. They will lie to you all the time.

I've yet to have a realistic dream, and certainly don't know how to lucid dream, though that sounds fun. The dream that got me to make this thread felt real, not that it was realistic.

It was an impossibly enormous building, door after door, room after room, endless corridors, stairs and ramps aplenty. It wasn't empty, nor quite full. It had plenty of occupants, mostly keeping to themselves or their own groups. It was pretty much a world in itself, except that it was all inside. I'm not sure if there was an "outside". That's not what felt real though... I had company in wandering around this vast structure. A girl was with me, one that I felt confortable with, as though I'd known her for a long time, though I do not remember any features that'll identify her. I held her in my arms at one point in the dream, and throughout the day and the day afterwards I almost expected to feel something between my arms...

Quite bizarre, and of that dream, if no other, I feel tempted to attribute some meaning toward.

Chaos, compared to you, was the girl older, younger, or about the same age?

And you're male?

Edited by eight bits

Chaos, compared to you, was the girl older, younger, or about the same age?

And you're male?

LOLie to the third bounce!

One type of dream I hate, is what happens after I finish one part of my dreaming, is falling, getting stabbed or bitten by something, realistic dreams are just your body going out of control, your control.

Some cases are different, some go on little strolls through town, and wake up in a park, or wake up in their basement, with no memory how they got there.

Just look it up, dreaming, and types of dreaming, just don't look it up online, most of the stuff on here, although informal, can be tiresome, listening to some dude that lives in a trailer park who does crystal meth. Who says he saw the face of God, and now he has special abilities. YAY

I'd guess about my age, and I'm male, yes. And before someone asks, single and not looking, and no, it wasn't a wet dream.

And before someone asks, single and not looking, and no, it wasn't a wet dream.

Speaking personally, that's more than I would have asked :) . But since you brought it up, I would have been very surprised if it had been.

So, chaos, you've been around long enough to know my spiel about my not doing dream interpretation, but there are motifs. You have to interpret your own dream, but when doing so, it may be helpful for you to consider that other people have dreamt similarly.

When I read your OP, I didn't know what you were talking about. Once I realized you were saying that the dream "felt real" while you were dreaming, but upon waking, you readily saw it as "not realistic," even as the "reality" of the experience lingered, that's when I think I understood the OP.

You also sense that this dream is "interesting," but don't know why, and so you asked whether "feeling real" was a reliable indicator of being "interesting."

No, not really, but the sense that a dream may be important is, all by itself, a pretty good indicator. If I am right that you have that sense, then the corroboration for one kind of "importance" would be the appearance of archetypical or "stock" symbolic characters and motifs.

In my opinion, the girl is an instance of an archetype, and the setting is a variant of an established motif. That, combined with your lingering fascination with the dream and your sense of its interest or importance suggests a "big dream" (searchable) in Carl Jung's sense.

The girl

An attractive, unfamiliar, friendly, helpful person of about the same age but different sex is one of the unconscious' favorite portrayals of itself. This dream character is sometimes called the Anima, so named by Carl Jung.

There is a lot of silly stuff written about her on the web. She isn't so much the "feminine side of a man," as she is the sum total of the all those possibilities that you have put aisde in order to build the character of your waking self. So, her showing up is a reminder that these complementary qualities are still available to you.

She is well-crafted as a symbol isn't she? She's about your age, because she is exactly your age. You feel like you've known her for a long time, because you've lived with her all your life. And yet you don't know her, and can't come up with identifying features. Well, it's high time you were formally introduced, and now you have been.

The setting

That building is a variant of a motif that, in its usual form, might be called "Familiar House." The typical action in this motif is wandering around inside, or sometimes looking for things. I have no problem that your dream setting is not a "house," since I dream the "building" variant myself.

Many people who dream the motif interpret this structure as their mind, their life, or both at once.

Suggested directions for you to apply when interpreting your dream

You seem to be telling yourself a story about the sheer enormity of the task of living, or the making a good self. So many options, it is a job just to enumerate them all, much less choose among them. Your complementary qualities offer you their assistance.

No doubt there are particular decisions, problems, and choices in your life. There's always something going on in everybody's life.

If it were my dream, I wouldn't be worried about tying the dream to the specifics of current life problems, but would think more about the helpfulness throughout life of being on better terms with the entirety of yourself, not just the admirable waking consciousness.

Or, what may be another way of saying the same thing, I would be thinking about those potential qualities I might have set aside to become who I am while I'm awake. The potentials didn't go anywhere. At some point, I might make myself a better self if I cultivated more of what I have overlooked.

One other thing to ponder. You are the kind of person who is prone to have a "phatic" dream now and then:

I'm undecided on whether dreams have a purpose or not, but this one has got me thinking maybe.

Phatic dreams convey the message "I'm here - pay attention to me." I, of course, being this unconscious aspect of you which expresses itself in dreams.

Well, you have payed attention to this dream. So, you might want to think about paying attention to some others as well. Perhaps you'd consider keeping a dream log or journal for a while, for instance.

Recurrence prospects

I'd be willing to bet you'll see the building motif again; it's a notorious recurrer. Not necessarily the identical building, but the motif.

As to the timing of the recurrences, those may be more closely related to then-current problems than I would guess this "attention getting" establishment of the motif to have been.

Whether you see the Anima again is harder to guess. On the one hand, the unconscious has many occasions to appear in dreams, on the other hand, it has many representations to choose from when it does.

Hope that is of some help to you in forming your own perspective on this dream.