Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Deja Vu - What are these things?

LostInThought

I was just wanting to know others options on what you think Deja Vus are. Or just some ideas on what you think they could be. I have a couple theories.

What if this life that we are living, is the "flash" before our eyes and the Deja Vus are from this flash passing up what really happened in our life and causing these things. Farfetched...quite a bit.

Or..

What if maybe they are signs from God or some other higher being letting us know that we are on the right path in our life.

Or maybe even you know how some people don't like to believe our whole life is planned out but what if it is.

Or they could simply just be memories of something "similar" that has already happened at some point in our life.

Whatever the case may be these things are really weird feeling and I've just always wondered what they are and what they mean, I've yet to allow myself to believe they are just memories from something similar that has happened in our life.

I have these things pretty often, atleast a few times a month. One time it was weird because I had a Deja Vu but for some reason it felt that what had just happened happened to me before, but I got the feeling of a scenery from atleast 100 years ago or longer. Maybe a past life? Not sure.

What are your thoughts?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LostInThought

• the14u2cee

• BiffSplitkins

• AllP0werToSlaves

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever the case, I feel like I've read a thread like this before :D

Whatever the case, I feel like I've read a thread like this before :D

LOL, i was thinking the same thing... :tu: I tried to find the post buttttt UM is giving me an error

I believe that Deja Vu is possibly the intersecting of levels of consciousness. It's super hard for me to explain, but I always thought it was the human mind accessing another portion of the brain (one not commonly used) for psychic ability. I always believed the odd "wtf?!" feeling you get is due to your minds inexperience with the other layers of consciousness.

I believe that Deja Vu is possibly the intersecting of levels of consciousness. It's super hard for me to explain, but I always thought it was the human mind accessing another portion of the brain (one not commonly used) for psychic ability. I always believed the odd "wtf?!" feeling you get is due to your minds inexperience with the other layers of consciousness.

Interesting theory. Makes some scense.

~ Sorry about posting a topic that has already been posted somewhere - new and didn't see one on this. ~

IMO Deja vu isn't from one thing. I have had Deja vu when something has really already happened, when there is a strong reminder of another time something similar happened, I experience a similar emotion in an exact setting, and even when there is a sharp decrease of oxygen to my brain.

I get deja Vu sometimes for no reason other than I just had a really really fast smoke break.

Deja vus happen when synapses in your brain misfire, and your mind interprets an event as a memory when it isn't.

Deja vus happen when synapses in your brain misfire, and your mind interprets an event as a memory when it isn't.

That's a pretty good explanation. I suppose that is it then.

It's a glitch in the matrix.