Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Flying Ball of Light in my Room

marty13

Okay, now im new to this forum - although i have come on here quite alot for fun looking at loads of the stories...I origionally found this site when searching the internet for a similar experiance i experianced. Someone else had recorded what happened to them on here and from then on i read more of the stories.

Its a shame because i cant find the topic anymore but ill tell you my story first.

It was about 8.00 on evening when i was sitting on my laptop downstairs in the computer room. I was sitting on the floor with the laptop on a small table. All was fine when suddenly, in the top left corner of the room, i saw in the corner of my eye a ball of light fly at a reasonable speed across the corner that meets the ceiling. I instinctively glanced at this thing which had cuaght my attention but immediatley it had disappered,it was about the size of a 5p piece if i was to guess, and it flew similarly to a shooting star - in that it was there, and then it wasnt - and i saw it much like you would see a shooting star..

Now the other topic i first found was a very similar account made by someone who saw a ball of light fly infront of him across his computer screen. There was a number of replies, from people who belived they expeiranced something similar and it literally ALWAYS pccured when they were on a computer - maybe even when watching tv. There was alot of repsponse from sceptics who put thios down to an optical illusion due to staring at the computer screen for so long - and the fact there were no other eye witness i think this was generally taken to explain what happened.

My story is different however - because i was sitting with my girlfriend - who saw EXACTLY the same thing as me. We were both on the computer listening to music - and at EXACTLY the same time quickly turned our heads into the same direction before looking at each other and agreeing that it was DEFINELTY a ball of light - like a shooting star.

Now surely this must exclude the optical illusion theory - at least in this case? It cant of explined why we both saw it? I think its also worth mentioning that my family was renting this house and the husband of the previous rentors had died of a heartattack and fell down the stairs a year before. He died in hospital..Now i believe a little in ghosts and stuff but dont believe many accounts. i am very interested in it though and fail to see ANY explanation to this.

You may say it was an Orb - and if there ever was an example of one im sure this was it - not like stupic ghosts chasing tv series which shows particles of dust flying around and everyone saying ITS AND ORB ITS AN ORB. i genuinely believe this was a paranormal case.

Any theories or thoughts from you guys? This was a genuine experiance and think its also worth pointing out the previous experiance of others and linking it to using computers? is this a possible way of communicating with the paranormal? This happened about 3-4 years ago when i was 17 and depsite going on numerous ghost hunting adventures where weve heard footsteps in the early hours at an old pagan worship ground of an old church (located at cold christmas) - this is the only stone-cold evidence i have ever seen that may make me into a believer..what dyu guys think?

• Like 1

Very cool and I know those who have experienced same. One that comes to mind - no two- have both taken place in very actively haunted locations. Which possibly can tie the two (ghost and light). Is your place haunted that you know of?

Other than that, it could be an electric phenomena. I myself experienced a big ball of light (much larger than yours - size of a large watermelon) for which I do now consider the possibility of ball lightening as an alternative explanation.

Edited - I missed the part of the deceased previous owner, BUT, you made no mention of a haunting...

Journal things for a while, anything abnormal, see if you can get a pattern of odd haunting-type things documented. If not, this could be anything. A relative passing thru for the paranormal part, or some electrically charged artifact zipping through.

Edited by LadyHay

It was about 8.00 on evening when i was sitting on my laptop downstairs in the computer room. I was sitting on the floor with the laptop on a small table. All was fine when suddenly, in the top left corner of the room, i saw in the corner of my eye a ball of light fly at a reasonable speed across the corner that meets the ceiling. I instinctively glanced at this thing which had cuaght my attention but immediatley it had disappered,it was about the size of a 5p piece if i was to guess, and it flew similarly to a shooting star - in that it was there, and then it wasnt - and i saw it much like you would see a shooting star..

About the only natural explanation that I could think of just off the top of my head is a firefly (what we call in my parts a "lightning bug.") These little fellas do sometimes get into houses, and the light they give off is yellowish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefly

In some parts of the world, ball lightning gets inside houses and causes a great deal of consternation, but it's actually very rare.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_lightning

Other than that, I just don't know.

Edited by someoldguy

It could have been something going on outside your home and hitting a reflection of some sort and going into your house. Kind of like when light hits something and it bounces off and makes a quick little flash..or when shadows are on your wall of the mailman walking up to your porch, etc.

I see visual orbs periodically in my home. Yes, I do have what apparently is paranormal activity here. I don't want to hijack your thread with my own story, so I won't go into to too much detail. The orbs I have seen have always been around the size of a ping-pong ball or smaller, and they have always been blue, green, or white. I've seen them during the day as well as at night, sometimes when on the comp, sometimes when watching tv, and sometimes when just reading or cleaning up around the house. I believe them to be energy discharges, not spirits themselves, as they do not necessarily coincide with other paranormal activity. And before anyone suggests it, yes I have been fully examined by several doctors. Nothing organically wrong with me. :P

edit: I neglected to mention that I am not the only person who has seen these orbs in my home. They scare my friends and family for some reason, but I am unfazed by them. No reason to fear a little energy ball.

Edited by morrigan
  • Like 1

i no longer live in the house - we moved out a year or so after moving in. Other then that ball of light - i certainly hadnt experianced anything else out of the ordinary. The death obviously before we moved in was just a point i mentioned. My mum also used to think there was some sort of curse or bad omen hanging around the house. She doesnt believe in that type of thing but things happened while we were there. My dad toldmy mum he was having an affair, my nan and grandad got sent to jail, a patio door fell on my lil brother which nearly crushed him if it hadnt of been stopped by a chair which had got in the way but been smashed by the fall and obviously the death before..Its just seems to be an unlucky place..not for sure haunted but defeintly bad vibes..my parents are still together by the way.

As regards to explantions, defineltly not fire fly - we dont get them in england. Ball lightning? i think not. It was completly silent and not very dramatic. A reflection of something bouncing from outside... Very unlikely - this was like a laser point in the corner of the room but it definelty wasnt shining on the wall - it was very dark outside and the room faced the garden which had trees and fence and nothing else, so there wasnt anything which could reflect into that room with that degree of precision.

It was definelty an electrical spark (like one you would expect to see from a loose wire or something) that flew 60cm - 24 inches - 2 foot - in the corner of my room very quicikly in a similar motion to a shooting star. It was defintly ball like, not a streak of light like lightning and it definelty flew for no longer then 1 second, enough for me and my girlfriend to see it but not long enough to really get a good view of it..typical!

I dont know what caused it, i probably will never know. But it was very interesting - not scary - and i would like to think it was some sort of orb. I would even like to think it was some sort of phenonemum which sees the atmosphere (which was very general - room temperature, it wasnt humid) create some sort of spark..like lightning but maybe more interesting, this sort of thing doesnt seem well documented scientifically. Maybe it was a result of some sort of reaction from a paranormal universe - 3rd dimension - ghost world - Now i am getting all sci-fi! I remeber reading a little article by some paranormal expert who rekoned orbs was some relation to a paranormal universe or something or time travel..GOD knows how he came up with that.

I would imagine it was either an orb or some sort of electrical partnership between my computer and the air around us. But it has never happened before and i am ALWAYS on my computer and it has not happened since. Its not a thing you hear about scientifically so theres not much i can say that can explain it! I wonder what would of happened of i had some how touched this spark??

As regards to explantions, defineltly not fire fly - we dont get them in england. Ball lightning? i think not.

I didn't realize that there were no fireflies in England. I've learned something new today then. :)

Also your description doesn't sound like a firefly anyway.

Ball lightning is so rare, from what I understand, that you could practically rule it out period.

So I'm out of explanations in your case, marty13.

There was a time when i had an obsession with colorful lights, so in my bedroom i had little red, blue and green lamps spaced throughout the place, and as i would enter my room (with all the lights switched on) i would suddenly see flashes of bright green light and floating bright orbs darting across the room

I brought it to my mothers attention, and she suggested the lights were playing tricks with my eyes and mind. i wanted to believe it was something more, but experiment as i did, i found out without the colorful lights turned on, there was no longer any flying orbs. It seemed that my eyes had to adjust the colors of the room and that sent little spazmatic flashes of color to my peripheral.

what I'm saying is maybe your eyes were adjusting to colors on the screen of your computer.

but hey, maybe the colors i had set up were some sort of magical combination that allowed me to see orbs more clearly.

-Sam

i wanted to believe it was something more, but experiment as i did, i found out without the colorful lights turned on, there was no longer any flying orbs

Nicely investigated, Sammeh.

What you saw were, with high confidence, visual afterimages (searchable). Bright point sources of light easily fatigue retinal cells, causing the cells to send signals, as if they were stimulated, even after the stimulus is removed. Of course, as you move your eyes, you move the affected areas of your retinas, and so the false stimuli appear to move, too.

The OP, however, reports a different phenomenon, probably ivolving central nervous system visual processing rather than a low level retinal oddity.

We have a reflex which involuntarily pulls our fovea, the small high resolution portion of our retinas, towards objects which are perceived to be moving in the periphery of our visual field.

Often enough, this mechanism produces false alarms, i.e. there is no moving object, or else there is an object, but it moves out of range faster than we can acquire it.

All perception is synthesized and represents the nervous system's best hypothesis as to what might have caused the raw sensation, on the assumption that something did. The "best" hypothesis need not be especially good.

If the reflex kicked in falsely, or correctly because of some transient and now lost event, then the CNS will often obligingly provide a sufficient cause.The memory of a fleeting non-descript speck of moving light will do nicely.

what I'm saying is maybe your eyes were adjusting to colors on the screen of your computer.

I could Completly understand that - But how does that explain two people seeing the same thing at exactly the same time...?

The human nervous system is unbelievably complex and precise. it would surely be impposible for two different peoples mind process, biologoical chemical reactions happening inside the brain and optical nerves, and EVERYTHING else associated with optical illusions - to behave in the exact same precise way to make them both believe they saw the same thing in the exact same place at the exact same time- im sorry i just dont believe that would happen!

I think the fact me and my girlfriend saw this ball of light at the same time can rule out any process involving computer lights and optical illusions and chemical reactions and minor eye movements of the retina and optic nerve stuff!

It was definetly there. If it was by myself then i might have put it down to that type of stuff - but surely u cant when theres two people seeing the same thing. Its impposible for two minds to be the same - even with identical twins!

My only explanation for this is ball lightning.

This can be attributed to many things, like the previously mentioned lightining bugs or ball lighting, but something no one has mentioned yet is fae folk. There are what are called Will-o-th'-Wisps, also called Spunkies, death candles, etc. and they are little balls of light, usually yellow, blue, green, or silver. They have been known to be other colors, but those are just the usual ones. The stories about them usually tell of someone getting lost in the woods at night, seeing a ball of light, then following that light, hoping it will lead the person back to civilization. The end of the story isn't always good. Sometimes the person is led off a cliff or into a river or other water source, or into a faerie ring or faerieland, where they're made to be a part of the dance, and end up not getting back to civilization for another century or so, when they think it's only been one night. Other stories tell of the Will-o-th'-Wisps leading the person back home, the person thanking the kind faery, and everything being fine.

Will-o-th'-Wisps have been known to be tricksters, but they're not evil, only just playful, like a little kid who colors on your wall, not meaning to destroy it, only to add a little color to it. They usually only want to play with you. Other times they want to give you a message. Although, sometimes they do things deliberately, but that's only if you've done something to cause the fae to want to hurt you, like littering, cutting down their trees, building on their land or in their rings, etc.

The fae have been showing up more than usual lately, especially in the last few months. I recently had one in my bedroom, just flitting around like it was trying to drive me crazy, and I didn't realize until after it went away that it was a fae. I was actually afraid of it, and so I said the St. Michael prayer in Latin, and it went away. At least three of my friends have had the same experiences. I don't know what the fae want, what they're trying to get from us, but it's obvious that humans need to stop and pay attention to what we're doing to nature, and maybe listen to what they're trying to say to us.

God Bless,

MoonChild02

Hi Marty13

I have had similar experiences to yourself, and initially, I found it quite puzzling, but after a while, these floating balls of bright yellow light (about marble size) became so common in my house that we took little notice of them (my wife sees them too).

I once had an experience of a larger ball of light (about 4 inches across) that stayed in one spot for a couple of minutes, while I was relaxing watching tv one afternoon - I had plenty of time to analyse the thing, and check if it was a reflection from outside. Pity I didn't have a camera though :angry:

Love and light (excuse the pun)

Barron

Hi Marty13!

This is my first post and I haven't asked my own question yet, but I want to courage you a little.

As I read you it seems to me you want to beleive and to be more experienced with the paranormal.

I'm in my 30s and was always rational, but apr. 10yrs ago have started to experience some unexplainable phenomena. Avoiding from describing details, the result: no one beleived me included myself. :)

All that I want to say is, there are many people who only feels safe when all things that happening around are explained. But let me say I found that for experiencing and communication with the other side you need to be open and avoid from preconceptions. Thats all. Think about, why would you need scientific or medical explanations? If you search for that you will find a several. I advise you openness and be just an observer.

These conditions allowed me to experience more and more.

I don't saying that thing you saw was either paranormal or not. It was just something special to you that don't want to lose.

One last thing! You said you moved from the house and no similar experience after that. No problem. If you want to know, there are several way you can find a paranormal or spirit activity. There are not just houses and places, but material objects with spirits attached, and people who attracts the spirits.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
Very cool and I know those who have experienced same. One that comes to mind - no two- have both taken place in very actively haunted locations. Which possibly can tie the two (ghost and light). Is your place haunted that you know of?

Other than that, it could be an electric phenomena. I myself experienced a big ball of light (much larger than yours - size of a large watermelon) for which I do now consider the possibility of ball lightening as an alternative explanation.

Edited - I missed the part of the deceased previous owner, BUT, you made no mention of a haunting...

Journal things for a while, anything abnormal, see if you can get a pattern of odd haunting-type things documented. If not, this could be anything. A relative passing thru for the paranormal part, or some electrically charged artifact zipping through.

I have seen a very large orb as well. There was a room full of witnesses, as well. The one we saw was about 1 ft. in diameter. It was a purpleish color, and had gold specks perfectly, and symetrically placed throughout it. It was in a house built in the 1700's in Hull,Mass.

Edited by blip36

• 2 months later...
Hi Marty13!

This is my first post and I haven't asked my own question yet, but I want to courage you a little.

As I read you it seems to me you want to beleive and to be more experienced with the paranormal.

I'm in my 30s and was always rational, but apr. 10yrs ago have started to experience some unexplainable phenomena. Avoiding from describing details, the result: no one beleived me included myself. :)

All that I want to say is, there are many people who only feels safe when all things that happening around are explained. But let me say I found that for experiencing and communication with the other side you need to be open and avoid from preconceptions. Thats all. Think about, why would you need scientific or medical explanations? If you search for that you will find a several. I advise you openness and be just an observer.

These conditions allowed me to experience more and more.

I don't saying that thing you saw was either paranormal or not. It was just something special to you that don't want to lose.

One last thing! You said you moved from the house and no similar experience after that. No problem. If you want to know, there are several way you can find a paranormal or spirit activity. There are not just houses and places, but material objects with spirits attached, and people who attracts the spirits.

I witnessed a Orb. When I was eight years old(16 years ago) address:15 fathers Flanagan’s Terrace, Forth hill, The Hill ,Sligo Town ,Ireland

Description

Non blinding bright pure white, the size of a inch and a half, forming a bright shady circle/oval appearance. It was like looking into the core of a light bulb ,however without being blinded or causing impaired vision, in fact from the contrary.

Movements

It would , did and can , levitate , hover , in all directions at slow to fast speeds and knows how to hide its self by disappearing behind a fridge or through an open door or closed room etc

These orbs do have a sense of intelligence and understanding and are observing there surroundings however may be caught by surprise . They tend to rush through buildings ,sitting rooms , windows , chimneys , bedrooms etc and make them self’s known to certain people especially the most dominant person of the house and more so females preferably mothers . These orbs don’t tend to like showing themselves to a younger audience also . They can think for themselves and react to surprises and may be caught off guard.

They are harmless and cheeky attention seeking little balls of light . The Chinese believe ,when someone has just died ,its there sprit/sole been carried or brought through somewhere I cant explain however that house was close to a hospice and old Fort .

Witnessed account

Age 8 just turned off the television , decided to sit in the living room with the light off and the living room door on my right was half opened and the door was on my side. Was sitting there minimum 10 to 15 minutes if not slightly longer, everything was consistent , darkness of the room the door half opened and as usual fireplace directly in front of me. And window around 2 and a half meters to my left etc .

The room was dark however my eyes had completely adjusted . I wasn’t tried , drinking nor smoking etc perfectly adjusted with no interference .

Orb

Slowly but surly the orb appeared from the window in the corner where the fire place stood . It did not know I was there ,I was very quit and still for the 10-15 minutes plus where I was sitting before I saw the orb and continued to do so. It came across (around walking pace) and then when It(orb) had just slightly passed me, it realised I was watching it and was wide awake, to its surprised ,it slightly reversed by hovering back to check me out. It levitated in front of me and was curious and intrigued to find my there , it slightly came forward at first around a half an inch to an inch .

It then hovered slightly up and down and flew across to my right over the white fridge ,down and disappeared , I have never seen it since . However another person living in that same house would almost see it every day in her bedroom , which I found out many years later .

I strongly believe they have some sort of mind of their own and can think , react , see ,etc

I don’t expect anyone to believe it , but I know what I saw and it was no illusion even tho im very opened minded , but they are real and exist .

• Like 1

I witnessed a Orb. When I was eight years old(16 years ago) address:15 fathers Flanagan’s Terrace, Forth hill, The Hill ,Sligo Town ,Ireland

Description

Non blinding bright pure white, the size of a inch and a half, forming a bright shady circle/oval appearance. It was like looking into the core of a light bulb ,however without being blinded or causing impaired vision, in fact from the contrary.

Movements

It would , did and can , levitate , hover , in all directions at slow to fast speeds and knows how to hide its self by disappearing behind a fridge or through an open door or closed room etc

These orbs do have a sense of intelligence and understanding and are observing there surroundings however may be caught by surprise . They tend to rush through buildings ,sitting rooms , windows , chimneys , bedrooms etc and make them self’s known to certain people especially the most dominant person of the house and more so females preferably mothers . These orbs don’t tend to like showing themselves to a younger audience also . They can think for themselves and react to surprises and may be caught off guard.

They are harmless and cheeky attention seeking little balls of light . The Chinese believe ,when someone has just died ,its there sprit/sole been carried or brought through somewhere I cant explain however that house was close to a hospice and old Fort .

Witnessed account

Age 8 just turned off the television , decided to sit in the living room with the light off and the living room door on my right was half opened and the door was on my side. Was sitting there minimum 10 to 15 minutes if not slightly longer, everything was consistent , darkness of the room the door half opened and as usual fireplace directly in front of me. And window around 2 and a half meters to my left etc .

The room was dark however my eyes had completely adjusted . I wasn’t tried , drinking nor smoking etc perfectly adjusted with no interference .

Orb

Slowly but surly the orb appeared from the window in the corner where the fire place stood . It did not know I was there ,I was very quit and still for the 10-15 minutes plus where I was sitting before I saw the orb and continued to do so. It came across (around walking pace) and then when It(orb) had just slightly passed me, it realised I was watching it and was wide awake, to its surprised ,it slightly reversed by hovering back to check me out. It levitated in front of me and was curious and intrigued to find my there , it slightly came forward at first around a half an inch to an inch .

It then hovered slightly up and down and flew across to my right over the white fridge ,down and disappeared , I have never seen it since . However another person living in that same house would almost see it every day in her bedroom , which I found out many years later .

I strongly believe they have some sort of mind of their own and can think , react , see ,etc

I don’t expect anyone to believe it , but I know what I saw and it was no illusion even tho im very opened minded , but they are real and exist .

• Like 1

When I was younger, my nan told me a similar story about a ball of light. I can't remember every detail, but I can remember bits of it. She said that she was sitting in the kitchen with her friend, when suddenly a ball of light flew at a fast speed through the living room, and into the kitchen. It then went through her friend (I dunno how it did that without hurting her) and then went through the closed door to the backyard. That's the last they saw of the ball, however I think she said it was thundering at the time outside. Maybe that had something to do with it? :unsure:

I saw a pale green-bluish ball of lightening, about 10 to 12 inches diameter, next to a piano I was heading towards when I was about 12 years old (about 30 years ago). It seemed to pop into the room through the wall from outside and floated down through the floor. It took several seconds. I was really scared. Later I found it lightly burned the wallpaper where it traveled. This was in an old farmhouse in Illinois. I do remember there was a thunderstorm outside and I think it happened just after a lightning strike. Beyond that, details are fuzzy. Some years later, I saw green lightning and figured it had something to do with that. The house was "haunted" but I'm almost sure this incident is unrelated.

I saw a pale green-bluish ball of lightening, about 10 to 12 inches diameter, next to a piano I was heading towards when I was about 12 years old (about 30 years ago). It seemed to pop into the room through the wall from outside and floated down through the floor. It took several seconds. I was really scared. Later I found it lightly burned the wallpaper where it traveled. This was in an old farmhouse in Illinois. I do remember there was a thunderstorm outside and I think it happened just after a lightning strike. Beyond that, details are fuzzy. Some years later, I saw green lightning and figured it had something to do with that. The house was "haunted" but I'm almost sure this incident is unrelated.

I don't know what those things are, either, but they seem to give off ionizing radiation. That's what I would guess burned the wallpaper. I'd stay the heck away from any glowing balls of anything. :tu:

I see similar things from time to time. They can be small, bright sparks or small shadows moving in my peripheral vision or right in front of my face. One time I saw a small, golden speck of light appear in the middle of my bedroom. It moved towards me slowly and then disappeared, only to reapper a split second later and dart behind a painting on my wall. Once or twice, I've seen a very compact black shadow darting in front of my face. It looked like an insect, but I'm positive it wasn't.

I don't always experience them while at a computer, although I have often noticed them then. Sometimes they seem to behave intelligently, although at other times I'm not so sure. It doesn't seem to me like they could simply be eye problems or errors in visual processing. They behave too inconsistently and move too quickly at times. I have no idea what causes them. I can't say for sure if what I've seen is what everyone else is experiencing, as most describe a single incident with a large orb.

• 5 months later...

Okay, now im new to this forum - although i have come on here quite alot for fun looking at loads of the stories...I origionally found this site when searching the internet for a similar experiance i experianced. Someone else had recorded what happened to them on here and from then on i read more of the stories.

Its a shame because i cant find the topic anymore but ill tell you my story first.

Now the other topic i first found was a very similar account made by someone who saw a ball of light fly infront of him across his computer screen. There was a number of replies, from people who belived they expeiranced something similar and it literally ALWAYS pccured when they were on a computer - maybe even when watching tv. There was alot of repsponse from sceptics who put thios down to an optical illusion due to staring at the computer screen for so long - and the fact there were no other eye witness i think this was generally taken to explain what happened.

My story is different however - because i was sitting with my girlfriend - who saw EXACTLY the same thing as me. We were both on the computer listening to music - and at EXACTLY the same time quickly turned our heads into the same direction before looking at each other and agreeing that it was DEFINELTY a ball of light - like a shooting star.

Now surely this must exclude the optical illusion theory - at least in this case? It cant of explined why we both saw it? I think its also worth mentioning that my family was renting this house and the husband of the previous rentors had died of a heartattack and fell down the stairs a year before. He died in hospital..Now i believe a little in ghosts and stuff but dont believe many accounts. i am very interested in it though and fail to see ANY explanation to this.

You may say it was an Orb - and if there ever was an example of one im sure this was it - not like stupic ghosts chasing tv series which shows particles of dust flying around and everyone saying ITS AND ORB ITS AN ORB. i genuinely believe this was a paranormal case.

Any theories or thoughts from you guys? This was a genuine experiance and think its also worth pointing out the previous experiance of others and linking it to using computers? is this a possible way of communicating with the paranormal? This happened about 3-4 years ago when i was 17 and depsite going on numerous ghost hunting adventures where weve heard footsteps in the early hours at an old pagan worship ground of an old church (located at cold christmas) - this is the only stone-cold evidence i have ever seen that may make me into a believer..what dyu guys think?

Edited by Kells09

Im glad to find you're story because I've been googling '' saw white balls of light '' and could not find anyone story similar to mines until I found your posting its almost the same as my experience . However, I can definitely relate to you're experience . I was in my room lying on the bed watching television and from the corner of my eyes I saw a group of flying white balls of light heading towards the wall and disappeared into the wall within seconds of me turning my head to glance directly at it , but just like you're experience it disappeared before I can view it directly . Im 100% sure it was white balls of light , no reflections from nothing outside . It was speeding and it was about three of them and they were a little smaller than golf balls I was frighten by it I quickly sat up on the bed and said out loud what was that . I think it was orbs because I read alot of NDE's and some people witness these white balls of light in their NDE's and stated they are spirits and I believe it . This experience happened about two months ago in Nov. 2009 and it never happened again so far. I am currently living in the same home and have been living here for four years . This experience bought me to this site because I wanted to know if anyone ever experienced this . I never thought I was delusional or doubt what I saw I knew exactly what I saw . When I told family members they laughed and made fun of it and said some of the same comments posted on here or shall I say excuses of why what I experienced was not what I said I experienced but the joke is on them because what I experienced was real and 100% TRUE .