Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dark Wolf

Never Say Die

This dark wolf keeps popping up in my dreams, it's appeared in three so far, which is quite a lot for me, it's weird if something appears twice in a dream of mine.

Anyway, this wolf is probably three times the size of a normal wolf, it has a mane and it's black with tendrils coming off it's fur.

The first and second time it appeared it chased me, but never caught me, the third time it appeared I was afraid of it at first, but then that started to fade and I ended up reaching out and stroking it. Since then it hasn't appeared.

I wouldn't describe any of the other dreams as nightmares, just dreams that I confuse me.

Just wondering if anyone could tell me if this wolf represents anything

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John from Lowell

• Never Say Die

• SRCivic98

• puridalan

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What I find interesting that it chased you in two dreams. Then in the third dream you were friendly with it. The manner in which you did this may have put to rest its need to chase after you.

I see these things as aspects within your subconscious. I am impressed by the way you have worked with this particular energetic expression. However I have no insight as to what it specifically reflects. There are many energies within each of us. Few are inclined to work with them.

So that is what struck me the most.

John

What caught me is you used the word 'tendrils' it could have and was probably an entity, I was thinking guide until you wrote tendrils. The reason why it left is because you chose to 'play kind' with it and once an entity sees you are being friendly to it, it finds you a waste of time because it isn't feeding off your negative energy aka fear.

I actually read about spirit guides not long afterwards, I considered that it might be a guide, but it never really fit.

There are many energies within each of us.

I never really thought about it being a sort of energy, though that does sound interesting. Just wondering if you could tell me what sort of energies are within us, or if there different for everyone.

Also, the weird thing is that I've actually started to miss the wolf, maybe it was because I never really understood it so I wanted it to appear again. Whatever the reason, I would like to see it again, just not sure how to

Anyway, thanks to both of you for your help ^_^

Your subconscious is a definition for all the energetic expressions that you have within yourself. They are diverse. Your best good intention sits next to your most self destructive force. They at times argue for your attention and focus. What you focus upon is given strength.

Your subconscious is also a collective. The collective subconscious is as much a part of you as your specific energetic expressions. This is one of the ways we are all connected with each other.

Think of energy as the expression of thought. Thought creates energy and energy has a desire for expression. Each Being is a unique collection of energetic principals. They are timeless and eternal in nature.

In your case the thought to befriend an aspect of yourself had a very powerful effect. That thought itself created an experience that transformed that Dark Wolf within.

I would say be conscious of your thoughts and continue to recognize how powerful they are.

John

This dark wolf keeps popping up in my dreams, it's appeared in three so far, which is quite a lot for me, it's weird if something appears twice in a dream of mine.

Anyway, this wolf is probably three times the size of a normal wolf, it has a mane and it's black with tendrils coming off it's fur.

The first and second time it appeared it chased me, but never caught me, the third time it appeared I was afraid of it at first, but then that started to fade and I ended up reaching out and stroking it. Since then it hasn't appeared.

I wouldn't describe any of the other dreams as nightmares, just dreams that I confuse me.

Just wondering if anyone could tell me if this wolf represents anything

Sounds to me that the wolf represents you and what's to happen in your life or to you your self. You were first afraid of it but then you decided that you have to face it and take it as it comes at you. It's your soul and what's to come. Once you're willing to face it and move on then the wolf has calmed down and is now your allie. Use it to your advantage and live like with meaning.

You may wish to compare and contrast your dream with one posted by The Last Unicorn

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...howtopic=114004

She dreamt a fully developed instance of a well-known motif, but you have "cut to the chase," so to speak, and have just dreamt the characteristic encounter with the archetype "harmless monster." Although you didn't add much to that, I notice your "inner playwright" couldn't resist making a "build of three" out of it.

Unicorn shares your affection for the dream character, and she did manage to dream some further adventures with her new friend on later nights. Maybe you will, too. He seems to like you :) .

Maybe there is someone in your life that you feel angry torwards or like they are angry torwards you and then eventually you have resolved this with the person, or they have resolved it without letting you know yet and this is all the symbols in the dream? You should think about how your real life could be symbolized by things going on in your dreams.