Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dreams of Great Adventure

DfizzleShizzle

Lately I've been having dreams where I'm involved in some adventure, or exploration. Like, a few nights ago I had a dream I was on some ship, I don't know why, but it just felt so exciting and real. That was like a week ago. Two nights ago I had a dream that My friends and I were on a beach, we found a bunch of scrap pieces of metal. So we made a ship. It looked kind of like the Apollo 16 ship. Except, at first we tied a cinderblock to the bottom of the ship, and it was used as a submarine. The first half of the dream was spent building the ship, and preparing it for deep sea exploration. Once we tied the cinderblock to the bottom of the ship, and we tested it to make sure it worked, we went to a nearby store, and bought some ropes, tied those to the ship and had one friend stay outside the ship on land so he could stop the ship from falling anymore, or so he could pull it up if he wanted to. Then we started exploring, I don't know what we found though. Then, I remember we got back on land, went to the store and bought balloons, and tied them on top of the ship. I turns out that the ropes we used to keep the ship from falling to deep in the sea were balloon strings, and we used those to tie the balloons on the ship. Then we went off into the sky. I don't remember what happened after that...I think I woke up.

But, why is it thta I have so many dreams in the same time frame with the same theme. Is my subconcious trying to tell me something? Do I have some sort of inner longing for adventure in my life, or is it something more? If anyone could help, that would be great.

Thanks!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DfizzleShizzle

• crtDzyn

• sumthingnice60

• LostInThought

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Is my subconcious trying to tell me something? Do I have some sort of inner longing for adventure in my life, or is it something more?

Yes, you were Christopher Columbus in a past life. These dreams are communicating to you the last hope of you realizing this so that you may relive your explorations through wacky sleep adventures.

Nope, they were just dreams.

^Select whichever answer you wish to believe.

Yes, you were Christopher Columbus in a past life. These dreams are communicating to you the last hope of you realizing this so that you may relive your explorations through wacky sleep adventures.

Nope, they were just dreams.

^Select whichever answer you wish to believe.

Why do you feel the need to come and spam a post just to show you're own unique brand of skeptism. There are skeptics here I respect, and there are skeptics here that I wish would go somewhere. The ones I respect are the ones like Eightbit, and Moro,

Because instead of just blindly syaing "It was a dream thats it!" Almong with some rude joke, they know how to put their opinion out there without being so harsh.

I don't want to put names of the ones I don't respect as much, cause I don't wanna point fingers, but you know who I'm talkin about.

I do admit thye do make good points sometimes, but you all are so harsh. You just come out attacking. Yes, I know it could be just a dream, but it could also be something more. I'm just saying it's kinbda of weird to have a series of dreams within the same general time period, all on the same topic. It just seemed kind of weird to me. You don't have to come and attack when I was just asking for other opinions.

I too have had many epic adventure dreams. After waking up, I definitely feel that something epic like this should happen to me in real life. I'm not sure if this is the same feeling you get. I think you must decide for yourself whether or not a dream like this is telling you to go on an adventure. Personally, I think my dreams are more exciting than anything that has happened to me in real life. I just tend to enjoy them rather than worry about interpreting them.

I too have had many epic adventure dreams. After waking up, I definitely feel that something epic like this should happen to me in real life. I'm not sure if this is the same feeling you get. I think you must decide for yourself whether or not a dream like this is telling you to go on an adventure. Personally, I think my dreams are more exciting than anything that has happened to me in real life. I just tend to enjoy them rather than worry about interpreting them.

I feel the same way! After waking up I want to go have my own adventure, and most of the time, I try to go back to sleep so I can have the adventure again. Like, if I start daydreaming, usually the daydream afetr awhile will start to control itself after a little bit. And the only reason I wnated to interpret them is to just see the cause of them. I like learning xD

I feel the same way! After waking up I want to go have my own adventure, and most of the time, I try to go back to sleep so I can have the adventure again. Like, if I start daydreaming, usually the daydream afetr awhile will start to control itself after a little bit. And the only reason I wnated to interpret them is to just see the cause of them. I like learning xD

Yes, it's a really nice feeling. The problem with interpreting them is that you are the best person to interpret your own dreams. Try to see what's going on in your life and try to relate them to your dreams.

Maybe you've been playing alot of video games lately? Hehe.

I remember after me and my friends had a star wars marathan (watched all 6 star wars in a row) I had a dream a couple nights later that I was at a big part at this huge hut on some beach somewhere and then UFOs were coming from the sky and exploding things and everyone was running around screaming and panicking and then the military showed up and I watched from a window in the hut the military and the UFOs fighting eachother and stuff. I just figured it was because of me watching all the battles on Star Wars. :alien:

Why do you feel the need to come and spam a post just to show you're own unique brand of skeptism. There are skeptics here I respect, and there are skeptics here that I wish would go somewhere. The ones I respect are the ones like Eightbit, and Moro,

Because instead of just blindly syaing "It was a dream thats it!" Almong with some rude joke, they know how to put their opinion out there without being so harsh.

I don't want to put names of the ones I don't respect as much, cause I don't wanna point fingers, but you know who I'm talkin about.

I do admit thye do make good points sometimes, but you all are so harsh. You just come out attacking. Yes, I know it could be just a dream, but it could also be something more. I'm just saying it's kinbda of weird to have a series of dreams within the same general time period, all on the same topic. It just seemed kind of weird to me. You don't have to come and attack when I was just asking for other opinions.

Sorry Heart, you're right I probably shouldn't have even posted... haven't been in the greatest mood lately and I was being a dick.

I find dreams to be nothing more than just dreams. Miscellaneous thoughts mixed together in a garble of nonsensical dream mayhem. If you are dwelling often upon fantasy, and an escape from reality (as your comments about day dreaming indicate), chances are that's what you will dream about. Maybe you weren't exploring in the dream, but trying to escape reality as you experience it everyday.

Once again I apologize for the condescending nature of my previous post. Have fun dreaming, but don't forget that there's plenty of interesting stuff going on in reality too.

Sorry Heart, you're right I probably shouldn't have even posted... haven't been in the greatest mood lately and I was being a dick.

I find dreams to be nothing more than just dreams. Miscellaneous thoughts mixed together in a garble of nonsensical dream mayhem. If you are dwelling often upon fantasy, and an escape from reality (as your comments about day dreaming indicate), chances are that's what you will dream about. Maybe you weren't exploring in the dream, but trying to escape reality as you experience it everyday.

Once again I apologize for the condescending nature of my previous post. Have fun dreaming, but don't forget that there's plenty of interesting stuff going on in reality too.

It's ok, everyone gets grumpy every now and then :)

Edited by Heartagram3200