Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How to invoke evil spirits?

beta

Do you realize how many times we have heard this question, regardless of the wording?

I wish people would actually take time and look back a few days (or pages) and actually read posts like this one before starting a new one.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustNormal

• Aanica

• chaoszerg

• jonny b

all you have to do is mock them. question their power over others. it will make them feel out of control of the situation.

Don't invoke such things. Your power may not be strong enough. Don't dabble in the occult. And since you know it is evil you still wan do.

I wish people would actually take time and look back a few days (or pages) and actually read posts like this one before starting a new one.

It does not really matter how many post on this type of thing, what disturbs me is when people go on about evil demons and it all way seems to hint and edge towards Christian Demons and that no other kind of demon is given thought too.

Demons & evil spirits are 2 completely seperate things. The belief in demons has alot to do with your religion & your beliefs. I never understood why people want to summon such things. I'm jusy curious as to what purpose you have to want to summon something like this? It's really dangerous, not just for your self but for your family too. Do you think if you summon an evil spirit it will just go away when you tell it too? I would stay away from doing such things. Read some books on real demon possession or oppression & see how scary it really is.

It does not really matter how many post on this type of thing, what disturbs me is when people go on about evil demons and it all way seems to hint and edge towards Christian Demons and that no other kind of demon is given thought too.

I don't know where you got off thinking that.

Myself, Salem, and HKCavalier are anything but Christian. I don't know much about the other posters on this thread but certainly the three of us are. HK and myself both cited personal experience involving evil spirits, and Salem suggested a more positive (and less suicidal) course of action than summoning demons. Talking about "Christian Demons" means nothing to pagans, especially ones who have experienced true negative beings. Hell, to most Christians, all pagan gods and goddesses must invariably be demons trying to confuse and destroy pagans. Do you really think we care?

"No other kind of demon is given thought"??? I know what you're bickering about with the talk of the root of the word. Frankly, it really doesn't matter. This is English, not ancient Greek. Words may come from a certain root; that doesn't mean that over many centuries their meanings will not change. "Demon" to a modern English speaker refers directly to negative ("Evil," or at very best "mischievous") beings. Have you ever heard someone refer to a positive spirit as a demon? I haven't. We've got plenty of other words for that. "Spirit" is a good all-purpose one. "Guide." Even "Ancestor." There are plenty more.

As has been repeatedly pointed out in the past six pages of this thread, the OP stated in his first post, "especially dark spirits, demons and such." It would thus seem to me that he equated demons with spirits of dark power. Does it seem to you that there could be a positive notion in there? I'm pretty sure you're an atheist (or at least agnostic), but is there really something about "evil spirits" especially when differentiated from "good spirits" that seems like it could cause pleasant and wonderful things to happen?

WOW He is a child, why would you encourage that, IF you are familar with Demonics, or negative entities??? JN :unsure2:
Its not a real post thought you would see that , by now , no replies, sound familiar ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Edited by Aanica

The mythology of christian demons may actually be borrowed from other religions anyways, such as sumarian or even persian, and it's definitly a direct decendant from judiac folklore and religious texts.I still think there may be some roman/greek idealism to it, but I lean more towards just thinking that when translating the old testament they chose words in greek that suited their needs or were the closest to the meaning that they could get to from the original hebrew word.

what other kinds of demons might you be refering to if you don't mind me asking,I am genuinly curious on your take of this particular topic. :D

edited to ask that last question. :)

Edited by jonny b

QUOTE (jonny b @ Jul 10 2008, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The mythology of christian demons may actually be borrowed from other religions anyways, such as sumarian or even persian, and it's definitly a direct decendant from judiac folklore and religious texts.I still think there may be some roman/greek idealism to it, but I lean more towards just thinking that when translating the old testament they chose words in greek that suited their needs or were the closest to the meaning that they could get to from the original hebrew word.

Thanks for that jhonny b

I don't know where you got off thinking that.

Myself, Salem, and HKCavalier are anything but Christian. I don't know much about the other posters on this thread but certainly the three of us are. HK and myself both cited personal experience involving evil spirits, and Salem suggested a more positive (and less suicidal) course of action than summoning demons. Talking about "Christian Demons" means nothing to pagans, especially ones who have experienced true negative beings. Hell, to most Christians, all pagan gods and goddesses must invariably be demons trying to confuse and destroy pagans. Do you really think we care?

"No other kind of demon is given thought"??? I know what you're bickering about with the talk of the root of the word. Frankly, it really doesn't matter. This is English, not ancient Greek. Words may come from a certain root; that doesn't mean that over many centuries their meanings will not change. "Demon" to a modern English speaker refers directly to negative ("Evil," or at very best "mischievous") beings. Have you ever heard someone refer to a positive spirit as a demon? I haven't. We've got plenty of other words for that. "Spirit" is a good all-purpose one. "Guide." Even "Ancestor." There are plenty more.

As has been repeatedly pointed out in the past six pages of this thread, the OP stated in his first post, "especially dark spirits, demons and such." It would thus seem to me that he equated demons with spirits of dark power. Does it seem to you that there could be a positive notion in there? I'm pretty sure you're an atheist (or at least agnostic), but is there really something about "evil spirits" especially when differentiated from "good spirits" that seems like it could cause pleasant and wonderful things to happen?

My intention is not to offend and I may have gotten the wrong idea so I apologize but if you wish to cry about it would you like to sit in a corner.

Edit to apologize and argue lol :P

Edited by chaoszerg

Thanks for that jhonny b

My intention is not to offend and I may have gotten the wrong idea but if you wish to cry about would you like to sit in a corner.

I understand where you are comming from, like even modern day jinn are belived to be demons, but not all are evil,and some will even be able to enter heaven like a human would.

I think most of us understand what people usually refer to as "demons". . .certainly as thisisnotmyname said, the Pagans on this board do not believe in the Christian demons. ..but there are still negative entities that some refer to as "demonic" without meaning the demons of Christianity. Most of us are aware that the word demon used to mean familiars and friendly spirits, but, as the meaning of the word has changed, we have changed with it. Whatever name or label you give them, they are negative.

While evil is a matter of perspective. . .some aren't necessarily evil, they just don't don't like humans, and are therefore considered evil because of their malicious nature towards us. . . It's just not very wise to go invoking an entity that finds us a bother. There are more reasonable energies to call upon that would do a better job without the mischieviousness that will come from a negative energy. Actually, if a negative entity were to show up AT ALL when you invoke it, it would most likely be because it wants to mess with you, not because it wants to help in any way.

Usually people that believe the "demonic" energies are the most powerful to call upon in a situation don't know much about invoking and such to begin with. They are negative to us for a reason. They've got no desire to help us and usually find us disgusting. Just because it is negative, it does not make it frightening or powerful. Just as a negative person isn't necessarily so. Positive energies can be just as, if not more so, frightening and powerful. (The Morrigan comes to mind. . .)

There can be nothing "simple" about invoking any type of energy. Its not something you wake up one day and just decide to do. Chances are, it won't work if you don't know what you're doing or if you try to invoke something beyond your power. . . but if it does, you should at least know what will happen during the process. . .it can be a bit scary, and if you break it off, then you could be left with restless energy following you around and possibly causing trouble.

I'm not lecturing or anything. . .but I've had experience in invoking. . .and I'd really hate for someone to do it if they weren't aware of exactly what happens. . .Not to mention, as it has happened to me before, you aren't garaunteed to get what you ask for. . . Sometimes you may get nothing, sometimes something else completely, or maybe even what you asked and then some. . .Spirits aren't slaves, they don't bend to your will. . some of them help because they want to, but it's still on their terms. You're the one asking them for a favor. . .

I'm amazed on how may demon topics there are & how stirred up people get.

I think it's pretty ingrained in most of our culture that it's just bad, all around. i don't care what your reasons, or if you believe or not, calling up a demon is like trying cannibalism. Just wrong, no matter how you slice it.

Get it?

I said "slice it".

:lol:

I'm so warped...

But any way...

Even I think it's just asking for trouble. Not necessarily because an evil entity is going to come from hell (or even heck) and possess you, make you do evil things, or hurt you and torment you. The potential for damage to ones psyche is very real.

I knew two guys that collect guns. One of them is very meticulous, collects rare and historical weapons. He knows his stuff, and really takes pride in what he owns, and spends considerable time and money. The other is what is called a "gun fag". Sorry for the negative term, but the implication is that guns are a turn-on of sorts for him. He buys big, bad *** guns and ammo, shows them off, and is a reckless moron that knows very little about what he has, just that "it's cool cuz you could kill a hundred people with one magazine". This guy no longer has any weapons. He accidentally shot and killed his two year old nephew.

The parallel here, is that belief (or religion) is pretty much harmless, unless you handle it wrong. The gun didn't kill anyone, the idiot that was carrying a loaded, un-safetied handgun loaded with hollow points around his suburban home at 8 o'clock on a Saturday morning for God-only-knows what reason did it. Worshiping doesn't hurt anyone, believing in angels, all that jazz. Worshiping demons may be a different story.

I agree BSP..BTW cute baby! JN :tu:

I think it's pretty ingrained in most of our culture that it's just bad, all around. i don't care what your reasons, or if you believe or not, calling up a demon is like trying cannibalism. Just wrong, no matter how you slice it.

Get it?

I said "slice it".

:lol:

I'm so warped...

But any way...

Even I think it's just asking for trouble. Not necessarily because an evil entity is going to come from hell (or even heck) and possess you, make you do evil things, or hurt you and torment you. The potential for damage to ones psyche is very real.

I knew two guys that collect guns. One of them is very meticulous, collects rare and historical weapons. He knows his stuff, and really takes pride in what he owns, and spends considerable time and money. The other is what is called a "gun fag". Sorry for the negative term, but the implication is that guns are a turn-on of sorts for him. He buys big, bad *** guns and ammo, shows them off, and is a reckless moron that knows very little about what he has, just that "it's cool cuz you could kill a hundred people with one magazine". This guy no longer has any weapons. He accidentally shot and killed his two year old nephew.

The parallel here, is that belief (or religion) is pretty much harmless, unless you handle it wrong. The gun didn't kill anyone, the idiot that was carrying a loaded, un-safetied handgun loaded with hollow points around his suburban home at 8 o'clock on a Saturday morning for God-only-knows what reason did it. Worshiping doesn't hurt anyone, believing in angels, all that jazz. Worshiping demons may be a different story.

Very well put... awesome :tu:

How to invoke spirits, especially dark spirits, demons, and such, without going through the complex procedures? To me, ouija seems to be the only way, but people advise against it, which is why I haven't tried that yet. What are the other options, if any?

my question is?...

uve posted 19 times on this forum...

AND YET UR STILL STUPID ENOUGH TO ASK THIS!?!?

... uggghh...

seriously man u should never Even ATTEMPT provoking a spirit.

That includes running around swinging a rosary bead and holding a cross in ur other hand Screaming...

THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS U!

thats not an exorcism... thats stupidism.

I'm amazed on how may demon topics there are & how stirred up people get.

I think because it is all a matter of belief, and experiences. I never even thought of Demons in my entire life, never entered my mind TILL I went thru that haunting, so NOW I believe. I cannot express enough, how damaging and harmful they can be, but others go by their own readings, or religion, or just dont believe in general. Lastly IMO this is not religion based, because every religion and nationality have their own ideas of Demons, yet they can attack anyone, even atheists and agnostics, they dont care, as I said before, they are an equal opportunity terrorists against humans..JN

Its not a real post thought you would see that , by now , no replies, sound familiar ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

UM forms a massive archive, for a majority of readers who never join, and if they do, rarely post their own thoughts and problems. I write with them in mind more than OPs I don't actually know, especially when they don't bother replying.

NS

The Ancient Greeks

Had Eudemons which were benevolent daimons and they had bad daimons called Cacodemons.

I keep saying this ^ but no one seems to listen. I wish that the people who are so scared of "demons" would just spend a couple of hours looking up the history of these "entities" and the facts about how they came to be in our present day belief systems, especially the Christian based demons. I imagine that they would be surprised at how much they could learn and how much they would suddenly understand is just a made up story. (I could go on but it would be insulting to a particular religion, so I won't) It's not going to happen though, some people (religions) thrive on fear.

I keep saying this ^ but no one seems to listen. I wish that the people who are so scared of "demons" would just spend a couple of hours looking up the history of these "entities" and the facts about how they came to be in our present day belief systems, especially the Christian based demons. I imagine that they would be surprised at how much they could learn and how much they would suddenly understand is just a made up story. (I could go on but it would be insulting to a particular religion, so I won't) It's not going to happen though, some people (religions) thrive on fear.

I believe we understand it. . .however, I think that you are over focusing on words. Today's demons are not the demons of yesterday. Demon is just a word that has come to define negative entities. It is no longer linked to the original word in the sense that that the original word meant a helpful spirit. Just because the roots of the word can trace back to that, it doesn't make the meaning the same. There ARE negative energies. Regardless of the name you give them, they exist. I hardly think that most of us don't understand the origins of the word, not to mention the origin of the Christian demons. I'm sure others on the board would tell you the same thing. Its not that people aren't listening. ..its that we are speaking of two different things.

I believe we understand it. . .however, I think that you are over focusing on words. Today's demons are not the demons of yesterday. Demon is just a word that has come to define negative entities. It is no longer linked to the original word in the sense that that the original word meant a helpful spirit. Just because the roots of the word can trace back to that, it doesn't make the meaning the same. There ARE negative energies. Regardless of the name you give them, they exist. I hardly think that most of us don't understand the origins of the word, not to mention the origin of the Christian demons. I'm sure others on the board would tell you the same thing. Its not that people aren't listening. ..its that we are speaking of two different things.

So where did they come from Sweet? Who was the first person to mention them? Why were they considered good and bad before the Bible, but only considered bad after the New Testament? There is no mention of them in the Old Testament. And the translations in the Bible show that demons were considered essentially false idols or pagan gods, when they were mentioned.

I understand what the connotation of "demon" means today, but I don't think that most here understand or have looked into the history of the word or what it means.

So are you telling me that what people keep harping on being a demon in their home and a demon chasing them around their filthy bathroom is just a negative energy and nothing more?

The word "demon" puts a religious spin on a negative energy and opens up a whole other can of worms, at least from what I've seen here. If it's just a negative energy and not a demon why all of the Catholic prayers that are prescribed by other members to drive out this "negative energy"? If it's not religious in nature?

So where did they come from Sweet? Who was the first person to mention them?

Too interesting to stay out of your discussion, here, Jennie and Salem. I hope you don't mind.

I think they always were here, and we will never know for sure who was the first person to mention them. This stretches way back into the times before even shamanism, one of the earliest forms of a belief system in primitive cultures, formed up. I believe early man's dreads of the unknown - the Hunt, the weather, death and dying, accidents, eclipses, earthquakes, all gave him the sense of having unseen forces causing great damage to him. The quest then, as now, was to learn more and control them. We personify things readily, so to do so to these "bad" and "good" effects in life was probably natural and tribes no doubt had a store of tales about them passed down long before any writing that survived mentioned such things.

Why were they considered good and bad before the Bible, but only considered bad after the New Testament? There is no mention of them in the Old Testament. And the translations in the Bible show that demons were considered essentially false idols or pagan gods, when they were mentioned.

These personified forces and energies were judged rather by what they caused and the spin the people had on what they were observing and why. One man's ceiling is another man's floor, as Paul Simon said on one of his songs. I think it applies. Shamans in some form or other were employed to entreat these "spirits" amd charged with getting them under control and learning about them and this unseen world or effect. As they succeeded, or failed, they gained standing and thier spins on it all led into tribal beliefs and later on religions, to a degree.

Later, when rulers amassed enough to start taking over other tribes and creating kingdoms, you see tribal beliefs get raised up to governmental lines, and the conquered believed as their rulers did, so larger groups of thought formed up. The hypothesis would be that if those guys won, their spirits and shamanistic guys (priests or whatever they thought of them as) must be better than our's. The conquered became "weaker" slowly and the winners became the "good" or more powerful in the general mindset.

The Greeks and Egyptians may be the last great civilizations which had the more neutral take on the previous civilizations they knew about. Their views are actually very shamanistic, in ways, in that they did not see forces as being good or bad so much as rather ambivalent forces, which may or may not have anything to do with us but coincidently, by sharing this plane to some degree. One man's special inspiration and "genius" could be another man's nightmares. But, there was little branding of it as being anything but ambivalent, as forces go. There was a great deal of philosophical thought then, and irony and their pantheon of intelligent forces as they understood them and organized their understanding by - thier gods and goddesses.

It was the adoption of Christianity by Constantine and his empire building, which raised this to something far beyond tribal lore. With so many conquered and differing peoples, one could not assimilate or expand, and so one had to demonize anything which differed from the winner's party line and power base. Where once, mankind was controlled by these unknowable forces that seemed to be so random, they now had even those forces defined for them so they didn't have to wonder anymore or challenge anything. Governmental power did all of that and removed you if you didn't agree.

Today, we generally still do this. We accept the prevailing belief as the standard, even if we feel driven to defy it. People who question and go back and challenge these things on their own get branded as evil themselves and occultic - outcasts and to be feared, and burned at the stakes if only some could manage to justify doing that to silence them again. Then, there are them ones who are blind to all of this and deny it all, and I don't know what the mainstream view is to do with them :). Considering them blind and thus, less, seems to satisfy for now.

I understand what the connotation of "demon" means today, but I don't think that most here understand or have looked into the history of the word or what it means.

Most people haven't even read the back of their box of morning cereal, and deep thinking is becoming a lost art increasingly in favor of teaching PC worldviews and safe sex in our schools (which helps government keep in control as numbers climb in populations under wraps).

Personally, I really don't care about people viewing it all differently from me. I enjoy reasonable debates about it. But, it does distress me when the fervor passes into what is really disbelief in God and reveals personal fears as superstitious as the worst examples I ever saw during my active Vodou days.

So are you telling me that what people keep harping on being a demon in their home and a demon chasing them around their filthy bathroom is just a negative energy and nothing more?

"Negative force" or "negative entity" is as religious free a handle as you can have for this ... thing. It hardly means "only", it is just a way to define what it is without branding it evil or using a term taken over by the current ruling mindmeld controllers to mean what they use it for, now. "Demons" seem to be far more deliberate and cunning in most ways than a mere natural force. But a word for that is lacking outside of the Controller's word for it.

The word "demon" puts a religious spin on a negative energy and opens up a whole other can of worms, at least from what I've seen here. If it's just a negative energy and not a demon why all of the Catholic prayers that are prescribed by other members to drive out this "negative energy"? If it's not religious in nature?

Religion has always ruled over anything Unknown. When in recent years science advanced enough to usurp some of their arena, the friction began between those two controller forms, and it goes on today and probably always will. This goes on today especially over anything still Unknown. Science says it is a lie, send a check for more research into this or that Unknown, and religions says it can save you, so don't worry about it. Just send a check.

Same thing, only different. As it has always been.

JMO

NS

Nile? What about those people who are so convinced these entities dont exist, they become obsessed in their quest for the "truth." If they dont believe it, let it go IMO..If one relies on science, then they better have a few more lifetimes to get their answers. Do you think that those who are obsessed, study them, read about them, and discuss them all the time are more vulnerable to them, than someone who may believe and just accepts good and evil both in life, death and before man was created? JN :unsure2:

Too interesting to stay out of your discussion, here, Jennie and Salem. I hope you don't mind.

I think they always were here, and we will never know for sure who was the first person to mention them. This stretches way back into the times before even shamanism, one of the earliest forms of a belief system in primitive cultures, formed up. I believe early man's dreads of the unknown - the Hunt, the weather, death and dying, accidents, eclipses, earthquakes, all gave him the sense of having unseen forces causing great damage to him. The quest then, as now, was to learn more and control them. We personify things readily, so to do so to these "bad" and "good" effects in life was probably natural and tribes no doubt had a store of tales about them passed down long before any writing that survived mentioned such things.

These personified forces and energies were judged rather by what they caused and the spin the people had on what they were observing and why. One man's ceiling is another man's floor, as Paul Simon said on one of his songs. I think it applies. Shamans in some form or other were employed to entreat these "spirits" amd charged with getting them under control and learning about them and this unseen world or effect. As they succeeded, or failed, they gained standing and thier spins on it all led into tribal beliefs and later on religions, to a degree.

Later, when rulers amassed enough to start taking over other tribes and creating kingdoms, you see tribal beliefs get raised up to governmental lines, and the conquered believed as their rulers did, so larger groups of thought formed up. The hypothesis would be that if those guys won, their spirits and shamanistic guys (priests or whatever they thought of them as) must be better than our's. The conquered became "weaker" slowly and the winners became the "good" or more powerful in the general mindset.

The Greeks and Egyptians may be the last great civilizations which had the more neutral take on the previous civilizations they knew about. Their views are actually very shamanistic, in ways, in that they did not see forces as being good or bad so much as rather ambivalent forces, which may or may not have anything to do with us but coincidently, by sharing this plane to some degree. One man's special inspiration and "genius" could be another man's nightmares. But, there was little branding of it as being anything but ambivalent, as forces go. There was a great deal of philosophical thought then, and irony and their pantheon of intelligent forces as they understood them and organized their understanding by - thier gods and goddesses.

It was the adoption of Christianity by Constantine and his empire building, which raised this to something far beyond tribal lore. With so many conquered and differing peoples, one could not assimilate or expand, and so one had to demonize anything which differed from the winner's party line and power base. Where once, mankind was controlled by these unknowable forces that seemed to be so random, they now had even those forces defined for them so they didn't have to wonder anymore or challenge anything. Governmental power did all of that and removed you if you didn't agree.

Today, we generally still do this. We accept the prevailing belief as the standard, even if we feel driven to defy it. People who question and go back and challenge these things on their own get branded as evil themselves and occultic - outcasts and to be feared, and burned at the stakes if only some could manage to justify doing that to silence them again. Then, there are them ones who are blind to all of this and deny it all, and I don't know what the mainstream view is to do with them :) . Considering them blind and thus, less, seems to satisfy for now.

Most people haven't even read the back of their box of morning cereal, and deep thinking is becoming a lost art increasingly in favor of teaching PC worldviews and safe sex in our schools (which helps government keep in control as numbers climb in populations under wraps).

Personally, I really don't care about people viewing it all differently from me. I enjoy reasonable debates about it. But, it does distress me when the fervor passes into what is really disbelief in God and reveals personal fears as superstitious as the worst examples I ever saw during my active Vodou days.

"Negative force" or "negative entity" is as religious free a handle as you can have for this ... thing. It hardly means "only", it is just a way to define what it is without branding it evil or using a term taken over by the current ruling mindmeld controllers to mean what they use it for, now. "Demons" seem to be far more deliberate and cunning in most ways than a mere natural force. But a word for that is lacking outside of the Controller's word for it.

Religion has always ruled over anything Unknown. When in recent years science advanced enough to usurp some of their arena, the friction began between those two controller forms, and it goes on today and probably always will. This goes on today especially over anything still Unknown. Science says it is a lie, send a check for more research into this or that Unknown, and religions says it can save you, so don't worry about it. Just send a check.

Same thing, only different. As it has always been.

JMO

NS

Amazing Post!!! :tu: How true!

I agree, I'm also interested in how modern man's/woman's "dreads of the unknown" play a part in claims of demon hauntings as we see them today.

Nile? What about those people who are so convinced these entities dont exist, they become obsessed in their quest for the "truth." If they dont believe it, let it go IMO..If one relies on science, then they better have a few more lifetimes to get their answers. Do you think that those who are obsessed, study them, read about them, and discuss them all the time are more vulnerable to them, than someone who may believe and just accepts good and evil both in life, death and before man was created? JN :unsure2:

This was for Nile but I'll answer, What about those people who are so convinced that these entities don't exist that they become obsessed in their quest for "truth"? Truth is a good thing, in case you didn't know.

No, someone who studies them and reads about them and discusses them, eventually learns all they need to know and no longer fears them. It's those that are willing to just accept any old idea as truth, without any research at all, that have a problem. Rest your mind JN. No worries!