Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
beta

Smell something strange

69 posts in this topic

For the last couple of days, I've been smelling something strange, I can't describe what it is. Frankly, I do not know. But there's no particular object around me that's producing this strange smell. All I know is that, I am experiencing this weird smell, a smell that cannot be described precisely as 'this or that,' and one that's got no object. :hmm:

Has this ever happened to anyone? What is it, exactly?

Never happened with me, eventually i always find from where the smell is coming from :P can you compare it so something similar? i don't know, is it a sweet smell, a stinky one?

The haunting thread if you please

For the last couple of days, I've been smelling something strange, I can't describe what it is. Frankly, I do not know. But there's no particular object around me that's producing this strange smell. All I know is that, I am experiencing this weird smell, a smell that cannot be described precisely as 'this or that,' and one that's got no object. :hmm:

probably have a sinus infection

Does it follow you?

probably have a sinus infection

Or a brain tumor.

Or a brain tumor.

You're scaring me. How is this related to brain tumor?

Posted (edited)

You're scaring me. How is this related to brain tumor?

Brain tumors can cause all sorts of false sensations, including non-existent smells.

I would get your sinuses checked first, though. That sounds more likely.

Edited by Moonie2012

Have you been eating a lot of mexican food lately? :rofl:

Actually, try to think of something you may have been around lately that could have affected your sinuses. I know when I change the kitty litter box I can still smell the new kitty litter for at least a day.

maybe u have mold or some other crap in the walls

Are you pregnant? Pregancy in some women produces a hightened sense of smell.

I'll tell you, I've had a rotten potatoe before that stunk my entire house up-- Or, it could be a dead rat in the walls or something..

look for either one of those first.. :}

That happens to me sometimes... my sense of smell overal is quite weak, I would even say, distorted. Sometimes people around me say "argh, what a strong smell here, I can't breathe!" or, while we walk by a blossoming tree, everyone goes "aaah" and I'm just like "what are you talking about?"... sometimes, though, I smell things normally, and sometimes only some part of the smell... like... one time my mother burned pancakes or something, and I swear, it smelled like fresh mint tea. I just skip some part of the smell.

And sometimes I get these smells that are from nowhere, sometimes they are something inbetween smell and taste, sometimes they last only a second, like deja vu, sometimes a few days. I think they have nothing to do with outer world though :P , they depend more on my mood or psychological state or something like that I guess...

But I'm not sure about your case, if it's a real smell you are actually feeling, perhaps you better check your walls and under bed, you know...

Wonder whats so Psychic about this thread?

Or a brain tumor.
:lol: sometimes you do get a good one off...

Could be the stale smell of that evil spirit from the other post....

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...howtopic=130210

I was waiting for this post, and the next to include other various activities. We warned you about summonsing evil and playing with a Ouija, so hows that workin out for ya? JN :sleepy:

Ah the internet message board. The best place to get medical advice :P

Seriously if it's bothering you that much you should see if anyone else smells anything, clean the room from top to bottom, and if it's still happening see your doctor.

Posted (edited)

I was waiting for this post, and the next to include other various activities. We warned you about summonsing evil and playing with a Ouija, so hows that workin out for ya? JN :sleepy:

Are you implying this smell is caused because she attempted to summon evil or played with a ouija ?? how do you come to that conclusion from such a short undetailed post from the OP . or is this just one of your " told you so replies" . :rolleyes: No questions asked lets just say " haha we told you so and now you shall suffer the consequences " ...........I can almost hear you cackling around your couldron :o

OP . i would have a good look around your home the chances are you have some mold or a piece of food somewhere /dead animal etc as others have mentioned . if you find nothing i would get sinuses checked. simple colds can cause us too smell something odd . does anything taste strange when you eat .

do you have epliepsy or any other disorder like that . some ilnesses can cause us too smell things. epilepsy produces burning smells i am told . my bofriend suffers chronic asthma and for some reason when it is really bad he can smell black pepper even though there is none in the vicinity . strange i know but very true different swtrokes for different folks i guess lol . so i would look into that. even a little damp in the home can produce musty smells . you may not have yet seen the evidence but it could be lurking somewhere .

IMO this is something non paranormal and if it continues to bother you i would see your GP . :)

Edited by SS79

Are you implying this smell is caused because she attempted to summon evil or played with a ouija ?? how do you come to that conclusion from such a short undetailed post from the OP . or is this just one of your " told you so replies" . :rolleyes: No questions asked lets just say " haha we told you so and now you shall suffer the consequences " ...........I can almost hear you cackling around your couldron :o

:nw: :nw: :tu::w00t::lol:

Posted (edited)

:nw::nw::tu::w00t::lol:

No need to laugh Aanica, this what YOU just told this kid. Hypocrisy at its best..JN :wacko:

Aanica said:

You dont bother to answer just start a silly post and let it run seems fake to a lot and insulting to those who actually care

so you get what you get, no sympathy here...

Edited by JustNormal

Posted (edited)

Are you implying this smell is caused because she attempted to summon evil or played with a ouija ?? how do you come to that conclusion from such a short undetailed post from the OP . or is this just one of your " told you so replies" . No questions asked lets just say " haha we told you so and now you shall suffer the consequences " ...........I can almost hear you cackling around your couldron

:lol: :lol: :lol: you know its funny...

Edited by Aanica

Posted (edited)

Are you implying this smell is caused because she attempted to summon evil or played with a ouija ?? how do you come to that conclusion from such a short undetailed post from the OP . or is this just one of your " told you so replies" . No questions asked lets just say " haha we told you so and now you shall suffer the consequences " ...........I can almost hear you cackling around your couldron

:lol: :lol: :lol: you know its funny...

Hey Aanica aren't you an expert in demonology, ghostology, seeing dead peopleology, plantology, stirring the potology, not funnyology, all your lifeology, necroing postsology, stealing ideasology, claiming to be an expert in everythingology, short busology, wikiology, googleology, geocitiesology, trolling other posters because you need to feel better about yourselfology, narcissisticology? If I forgot one please feel free to add to the listology.

Edited by Jaida

Hey Aanica aren't you an expert in demonology, ghostology, seeing dead peopleology, plantology, stirring the potology, not funnyology, all your lifeology, necroing postsology, stealing ideasology, claiming to be an expert in everythingology, short busology, wikiology, googleology, geocitiesology, trolling other posters because you need to feel better about yourselfology, narcissisticology? If I forgot one please feel free to add to the listology.
Why yes I am thanks for remembering I love all my fans, its good to be me... :wub:

not to be mean just here one suckupology