Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slide

Real?

77 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Okay, there's this picture in the internet, which is said to be the portrait of a girl who killed herself... Everyone who saw it claims that it moved or something happened... There is not a single comment on the video that says she doesn't move. And even if you pause the video she still does some weird creepy stuff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX3j7p1G2D8...feature=related

See for yourself

I didn't have the guts to see it, but I've read the feedback... you probably should too...

Fake?

Sorry if it's a repost and if it's in the wrong section please move it... since I found robert the doll thread here and that's what lead me to this pic I've decided to post it here too

Edited by Slide

i dont have the guts to see it either, its 2am here, that would kinda creep me out at this time lol, but i've read the comments and im perplexed at the amount of horny losers who posted :rolleyes:

lol I'm waiting for some feedback I'm really curious...

oh and Slide...

Welcome to UM ;)

i didnt see anything rare only that the background kind of changed color or something and it looked like she was breathing, other than that i only saw a picture of a pretty girl. ^_^

Thanks Anukis :)

That's freaky alot of people claim that it appeared to be breathing... you tried it with the video paused? Does it still "do" something ?

I'm with Anukis on this, its 1:42 Am here, I've just read a ton of Ghost Storys, even my dog sneezing made me hit the roof, i'll think il watch it when im more relaxed :)

Hey i watched it and stared and nothing happened, i think people may see the breathing simply because when you stare at something like that your eyes refocus sometimes. All i know is nothing really happened for me.

Posted (edited)

Youre welcome Slide ^_^

Could it be some kind of optical illusion?

Edited by Anukis

Youre welcome Slide ^_^

Could it be some kind of optical illusion?

That would be my bet too... I don't really believe a haunted image could spread over the internet :no:

I really don't pretty much believe in ghosts and those sort of stuff but sometimes I tend to get curious... There's always a thousand ways to trick people's minds and alot of jerks with too much free-time on their hands to make hoax :angry:

Posted (edited)

Imma turn the light on, then Im gonna go for it:

I went for it. Nothing weird happened, I got a weird vibe though, like a thrill without anything thrilling...

Tell you whats happening as I watch it:

Just took some time to read the description, saw it move, but I think that was my wound up imagination. She looks like Yuna from FFX, you know that?

It kinda looked like her face changed form. Im freaked out...

When it's daytime, Im gonna play stare contest with her, hows that?

When it's daytime...When it's daytime, because this thing is really creepy.

Edited by Nessieman23

Posted (edited)

That's the power of suggestion; your mind sees what it wants/expects to see.

Edited by Cataclysmic

i would recommend someone watching the video without reading the comments, then writing down what they saw, read the messages and watch again, it'll most likely be a different result

That's the power of suggestion; your mind sees what it wants/expects to see.

exactly.

Well that was a complete waste of time <_< Just as I figured it would be :P

I watched, the only thing that I noticed were her lovely eyes looking directly into mine. Of course if I looked at her hair, or neck or whatever, nothing. I just felt drawn to her eyes. But I think that is sort of a normal human thing. To look into someones eyes. Nothing creepy though.

Okay, there's this picture in the internet, which is said to be the portrait of a girl who killed herself... Everyone who saw it claims that it moved or something happened... There is not a single comment on the video that says she doesn't move. And even if you pause the video she still does some weird creepy stuff...

See for yourself

I didn't have the guts to see it, but I've read the feedback... you probably should too...

Fake?

Sorry if it's a repost and if it's in the wrong section please move it... since I found robert the doll thread here and that's what lead me to this pic I've decided to post it here too

I watched it. Did what it told me to do. To stare at her for five minutes. The MOST I saw happening was in the peripheral view of my eye sight and that was that she "smirked". But I can't "claim" that it was because of the picture or that it was because of my eyesight going "dim" from staring at the picture, you know?

I think this belongs in the Ghosts and Hauntings board?

See for yourself

Fake?

It's just a picture of a pretty girl, the reason it seems to move is because you're straining your eyes. I personally thought I saw it breathing, and it's eyes sort of sparkling, but that was it, and both of nthose things are normal when you stare at something for a long time. Try it with your refleciton, you'll see it does the same thing, just stare at your reflection with as much intensity as you stared at the picture and it will move too. But, the pictures story is very creepy, and I do wonder if this painting really is haunted, but the picture moving is only a trick of the eye. Thanks for the great video though! ^_^

Shocking?? omg.

That girl must have been really hot if her self portrait came out that good...

ok i just saw it without reading the initial words, and...nothing happened. Although sometimes my eyes begin to dim and i knew i was about to 'see' it moving, so i stop starring but and just look at the pic, and nothing. It is an optical illusion. Notice the picture is blurred around the ages, the eyes are bright and her lips are slightly open, that altogether looks very much like trying to convey an optical illusion into the viewer. Never saw such pics guys? :lol:

ok i just saw it without reading the initial words, and...nothing happened. Although sometimes my eyes begin to dim and i knew i was about to 'see' it moving, so i stop starring but and just look at the pic, and nothing. It is an optical illusion. Notice the picture is blurred around the ages, the eyes are bright and her lips are slightly open, that altogether looks very much like trying to convey an optical illusion into the viewer. Never saw such pics guys? :lol:

To prove that you are right, I am attempting to create a similar image with the same effects, watch this space...

Well, for starters, i figured out something, when I wanted the image to smile it did, same with the breathing, no winking (can be caused when you blink), the image did however seem to move within those stupid black bars, shifting up then down and then side to side. other than that i got this odd feeling like I was looking at something that in its original form is somewhat alive, I get the same feeling when I look at the art in a museum.

I watched it. Did what it told me to do. To stare at her for five minutes. The MOST I saw happening was in the peripheral view of my eye sight and that was that she "smirked". But I can't "claim" that it was because of the picture or that it was because of my eyesight going "dim" from staring at the picture, you know?

Indeed. I had the same conclusion, it appeared to me as if her lips became pursed, but it was just from staring so long.