Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

i believe i have video of a ghost....

Javier

I do agree it was a different mindset in these times however there were too many extreme factors beyond just slapping a kid around to have ignored even in that time period not just that but a social worker was involved and was neglectful and her family ie parents were neglectful geez even in that time period you didn't just take off and leave your kids with other people all the time which they did frequently and even left the surviving daughter with the prosecutor after Sylvia had died. 2008 also brought a similiar case, the case of Dorothy Dixon a mentally disabled woman who was locked in a basement 5 months pregnant with her one year old son and tortured by 6 people, some children until she died. She was tortured in many of the same ways Sylvia Likens was and a few people had mentioned they knew there was something going on but never did anything, I think the police had even come out to the house once before. All it takes is just one person to step forward and in both these cases too many people failed to notice or be bothered in my opinion.

People dont want to get involved, regardless of what year it is. It makes me SO angry, because as you said, ONE person could save a child, just pick up the phone..These horrific events WONT stop till neighbors, friends and even acquaintances do something and stop turning a blind eye to our children out there..They are just as guilty as the abuser IMO..JN

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Javier

• Radian

• JustNormal

• Nile_Shaman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the case of Dorothy Dixon a mentally disabled woman who was locked in a basement 5 months pregnant with her one year old son and tortured by 6 people, some children until she died. She was tortured in many of the same ways Sylvia Likens was and a few people had mentioned they knew there was something going on but never did anything, I think the police had even come out to the house once before. All it takes is just one person to step forward and in both these cases too many people failed to notice or be bothered in my opinion.

I don't recall the police coming out, but perhaps they did. What shocked me deeply about this case was that the woman she rented form and lived with was one of her mental health counselors, who apparently got her to move in in order to pocket her monthly checks. Dorothy was allowed out to work as a menial between her stints in the basement lockup, and most sad was they said she was impaired enough to not realize herself how badly hurt she was. Pain yes, but to realize how bad it was not really. She had a very childlike comprehension.

That is what I read early on into it, but then the news moved on to something more exciting :(.

Is this what you read, Stargazer?

NS

I do agree it was a different mindset in these times however there were too many extreme factors beyond just slapping a kid around to have ignored even in that time period not just that but a social worker was involved and was neglectful and her family ie parents were neglectful geez even in that time period you didn't just take off and leave your kids with other people all the time which they did frequently and even left the surviving daughter with the prosecutor after Sylvia had died. 2008 also brought a similiar case, the case of Dorothy Dixon a mentally disabled woman who was locked in a basement 5 months pregnant with her one year old son and tortured by 6 people, some children until she died. She was tortured in many of the same ways Sylvia Likens was and a few people had mentioned they knew there was something going on but never did anything, I think the police had even come out to the house once before. All it takes is just one person to step forward and in both these cases too many people failed to notice or be bothered in my opinion.

What I read about the social worker was that when she went to check on Sylvia, she was told that Sylvia no longer lived there. Since Sylvia had been locked up in the basement, most of the likely people the social worker could have approached (neighbors, school personnel) would have corroborated that story simply by saying they hadn't seen her in weeks. As for the extreme factors, what I've stated is based both on familial experience and research. It may be shocking and it may be difficult to comprehend, but it was common.

I'd shown that face picture to some co-workers today.. they agreed that there are two faces in one. I originally saw one face, but they shown me the other that's somehow intertwined in that one..

One looks as though it's looking downward, the other is that skeletal look face.

just weird.

I only see the skeletal face. I have tried to see the other one, but I can't.

Is it me, or does anyone else here, when viewing that smoke mark on the basement wall, feel something dark and otherworldly??

It almost freaks me out. :o

I only see the skeletal face. I have tried to see the other one, but I can't.

Is it me, or does anyone else here, when viewing that smoke mark on the basement wall, feel something dark and otherworldly??

It almost freaks me out. :o

the face on the basement wall is extremely scary and i swear i see a skeletons face like a skull in that smoke mark, theres no mind trick to that one

In all likely hood it is a squatter. Although the house appears sealed, people are crafty. Its amazing what people do and can do to avoid being detected.

In Denver, in the 40's there was a guy dubbed the spider man. He squatted in the attic of his murdered victims home for months - right over the widow. Here is a wiki entry. Its not complete. Its too bad cause the story is creepy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodore_Edward_Coneys

Back on topic - have the police check it out.

In all likely hood it is a squatter. Although the house appears sealed, people are crafty. Its amazing what people do and can do to avoid being detected.

In Denver, in the 40's there was a guy dubbed the spider man. He squatted in the attic of his murdered victims home for months - right over the widow. Here is a wiki entry. Its not complete. Its too bad cause the story is creepy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodore_Edward_Coneys

Back on topic - have the police check it out.

i read that, and it was very interesting.....what kind of sick person would actually live in somebodys attic like that? he must of been a very strange man

People dont want to get involved, regardless of what year it is. It makes me SO angry, because as you said, ONE person could save a child, just pick up the phone..These horrific events WONT stop till neighbors, friends and even acquaintances do something and stop turning a blind eye to our children out there..They are just as guilty as the abuser IMO..JN

I agree and sometimes the system is just as messed up. But I'll tell you what when you meet some of these kids or volunteer to help you see that every one is worth saving it is a rewarding experience and helping those that are still here does fill up empty spaces for the ones that couldn't be helped.

I can tell you're a caring and compassionate person. Thank so much for sharing your thoughts on the matter. :) I guess its back to ghosts eh? hehehehe

I don't recall the police coming out, but perhaps they did. What shocked me deeply about this case was that the woman she rented form and lived with was one of her mental health counselors, who apparently got her to move in in order to pocket her monthly checks. Dorothy was allowed out to work as a menial between her stints in the basement lockup, and most sad was they said she was impaired enough to not realize herself how badly hurt she was. Pain yes, but to realize how bad it was not really. She had a very childlike comprehension.

That is what I read early on into it, but then the news moved on to something more exciting :(.

Is this what you read, Stargazer?

NS

I had read somewhere that the police had been called out at one point in a dispute where Dorothy was involved. I had also read that neighbors were aware and said they saw One of the women making Dorothy run around ooutside the house naked and would laugh at her. I'm not a nosey neighbor by any means but I would have called someone at that point especially knowing that woman was mentally disabled. I was preavy and directly involved in a case of an abused disabled woman because one of my family members got hired to take care of her and in that case there was no doubt she was being physically and psychologically abused. The marks on her body were unbelievable but I don't think in that case she comprehended either what was happening to her she was just so child like and she thought the other care givers and her mother were just punishing her for being bad. It was very sad. Not a day goes by that I don't think about her and we did take pictures of her living conditions and the marks on her body (and I mean gashes) and reported it to the police and the social services and to this day nothing has been done about it. Very sad. In some cases unfortunately it takes someone getting killed for anyone to pay attention.

i went on a bike ride thru the city today with a couple friends....we went about 20 miles....i pretty much made them go past the house....i even told myself i wouldnt go past it, then when we got near i was like i have to turn down denny st., i have to go past it

why am i so drawn to this house? i didnt stop or anything, or see anything weird...just rode by and looked at it...i dont get it

Dude, get over it seriously. You're obsessing for no reason. You're not possessed or in any way involved in anything that has to with what happened. It doesn't pertain to you. PLEASE PLEASE just drop it. This thread is getting very repetitive. linked-image

two options:

you either obessed because you have nothing else to do with your time

I know what both of those feel like...Obsession and having too much time on my hands. Nice picture and video, though. Also: the connection MAY be purely psychological.

i went on a bike ride thru the city today with a couple friends....we went about 20 miles....i pretty much made them go past the house....i even told myself i wouldnt go past it, then when we got near i was like i have to turn down denny st., i have to go past it

why am i so drawn to this house? i didnt stop or anything, or see anything weird...just rode by and looked at it...i dont get it

I hope you don't think you're possessed, Javier :lol: lol!

You empathized (hurt) so much for Sylvia and the pain she endured that the only thing left of any of that is that house. I think it's your only way to feel somewhat closer to the incident is all..somewhat closer to her even if it's only thoughts, or impressions left there.

Honestly, I've been fascinated, very very intrigued with this case myself, and I'd probably be doing the same thing you are..

But, it's the interest, sympathy, even helpless feel you have for this girl that is the obsession, not so much the house..

Make some sense, me hopes..

no i dont think im possessed i never said that, just drawn to the house

Okay, I haven't read all 23 pages of the post, so forgive me if I am repeating what someone else has pointed out. I paused the video at 43 seconds and I could clearly see a girl's face in the window. The curtains move a bit then I paused it and I saw just a head. The head appears a bit bigger than what it should be if in fact it was a person looking through the window. I paused it a few times and sometimes the head didn't appear, (wierd) but most of the time it did. Has anyone else seen this? Again, I apologize if this has already been pointed out. JN if you could use your master computer skills to still frame this and post it that would be great!!!!!

Edited by dkkjf68

Okay, I haven't read all 23 pages of the post, so forgive me if I am repeating what someone else has pointed out. I paused the video at 43 seconds and I could clearly see a girl's face in the window. The curtains move a bit then I paused it and I saw just a head. The head appears a bit bigger than what it should be if in fact it was a person looking through the window. I paused it a few times and sometimes the head didn't appear, (wierd) but most of the time it did. Has anyone else seen this? Again, I apologize if this has already been pointed out. JN if you could use your master computer skills to still frame this and post it that would be great!!!!!

((dk)) I dont really have any computer skills except enhancing photos. I have no clue how to get stills off a video, but someone else did a few pages back. Yes we all saw the face and the blinds going up and down etc. Very active house, not sure what to make of all this, but the story itself is incredibly sad and disturbing..JN :cry:

That's an interesting video you have, my friend. I noticed what appeared to be someone in the window right off the bat.

Has anyone actually done a full blown investigation of the house? If not, someone should, if it could be done legally.

Sounds like what happened there was pretty brutal, and don't feel bad that you're interested in it. Everyone who is, or has interest in paranormal investigating has to be, a bit macabre. Especially when something like this happened in your own damn neighborhood. I'm serious. This is how urban legends get started. 80 years from now, people will probably still be talking about that house, or that piece of land, because people like you spread the word. This is not a bad thing.

Highly possible that house could be haunted my friend. My guess is that it may be residual. It seems a lot of times, at least in cases I've investigated, where there is violent history attached to a place, it leaves a psychic imprint of these actions behind. Such negative energy would probably linger, you know? HOPEFULLY the spirit of this poor girl is NOT there. If she is, or you find any evidence that this is an intelligent haunting.....man, you need to have a priest or something bless that place, try to help her move on.....

Hmmm, OP I did see something.

Advice. Get an experienced cameraperson. If you would have had the cam on a tripod in certain areas things could have been easier to identify. NOT meant to be mean okay??

I saw various movements in the windows, YES.

What they were I'm not sure. For what I could see the movements were quite deliberate. Interesting.

I'm on the fence with this one. I say go back. Try to get inside and investigate further. Oh yes, and get permission first :)

I think that's a pretty cool video. I saw the face in there...I had to watch it twice...but I saw. But it could have been a squatter...it may not have been. I suggest on going back and check it out...legally lol. That's my opinio. =D

And anyone that has negative things to say to this person that is asking for honest opinions, at least be nice about. There's no need to be insulting, okay? Cool.

|RockCitysFinest407|

Edited by rockcitysfinest407

((dk)) I dont really have any computer skills except enhancing photos. I have no clue how to get stills off a video, but someone else did a few pages back. Yes we all saw the face and the blinds going up and down etc. Very active house, not sure what to make of all this, but the story itself is incredibly sad and disturbing..JN :cry:

i have just been using the screenshot button on my keyboard, pasting it to paint and then hosting it on imageshack

and thanks for the opinions everybody

me and this same guy i taped with in the video i posted walked past the house around midnight tonight (we were passing through the area and he wanted to walk down the street to see the house again) we filmed it but it was dark, and we used every cuss word in the book.....plus, i didnt want to upload it and find something else cuz i want to be done with this house, so i deleted the video cuz this stuff scares the sh** out of me

by the way, a paranormal research group emailed me and said they want to research the house but wouldnt do it unless there was police officers securing the outside of the house cuz they were scared of the neighborhood!!!!! LOL i told them i work armed security and would go there armed and everything and bring my buddy but they never emailed me back.....i got a good laugh out of that LOL

I'm glad you did, Javier.. changed your mind that is.

Okay, I've looked at the video and the still picture a few times now. I see nothing at all in it... could someone tell me what I am supposed to see?

Okay, I've looked at the video and the still picture a few times now. I see nothing at all in it... could someone tell me what I am supposed to see?

a face.....its circled in the stillshots