Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Malaysian “flying coffin”

Magikman

A strange sight...

user posted image

10 October, 2002

A SURVEILLANCE camera (CCTV) mounted atop the Kota Kinabalu International Airport terminal captured a rather strange sight resembling a “flying coffin” (picture below and a close-up view above) hovering over Terminal Two, last Friday night.

A senior Malaysia Airports Berhad (MAB) officer said the revolving camera was focusing on the Terminal Two area at about 7.06pm when those monitoring the surveillance were caught by surprise by the object “flying” across the scene within seconds before disappearing from the screen.

An immediate check with the radar station showed the object did not appear on their screen, except for a Malaysia Airlines (MAS) Fokker aircraft taking off three minutes earlier.

The outline of the aircraft was clearly identified on the radar screen, the officer said.

A security guard on duty in the area claimed to have seen the object flying in a great speed over Terminal Two, initially seen rising from the direction of the sea before disappearing over the hills adjacent to the KKIA terminal. “There was no sound at all,” he said.

Magikman   rolleyes.gif

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dust19

• snuffypuffer

• Tillghast

• T41PAN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess Drac got fed up with turning into a bat then? tongue.gif

• 4 months later...
Guest Guest_Martin

I think this might be the most authentic footage we have ever seen. At least the camera was in order and taped SOMETHING. There was SOMETHING, but as to the 'something' really is a UFO? Yes, it is. It is an Unidentified Flying Object, but I don't think the object is from outer space. Someone had a good laugh that night, I think.

Guest Guest_Martin
I think this might be the most authentic footage we have ever seen. At least the camera was in order and taped SOMETHING. There was SOMETHING, but as to the 'something' really is a UFO? Yes, it is. It is an Unidentified Flying Object, but I don't think the object is from outer space. Someone had a good laugh that night, I think.

The image is quite unclear, by the way. blink.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Why would you call it a coffin??????????????????????????????????????? sleeping.gif

huh, i'm not sure about anything, because i can hardly see the picture..it's rather small, but i know in some cases, if a camera tries to focus on an object that is too bright, you get a lense flare in the shape of that camera's aperature. I know this accounts for a lot of "flying box" or flying diamond" videos and pictures...also for a lot of the "doorway to heaven" pictures. Maybe there was a bright object and the resulting flare looks like a coffin shape?

• 4 weeks later...

First thing I thought was that it looked like a cigarette packet, Marlboro to be precise.

But why it would be flying in the air above Kota Kinabalu International Airport's terminal two is the mystery - maybe it was a packet of Marlboro ultra, ultra lights, or just another elaborate ad campaign. grin2.gif

post-35-1055274373.jpg

This is another "who knows?" picture - there is no way of telling how far away the object is from the camera. Intriguing but not enough evidence unfortunately

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

we live in a sick, deranged world and this is the reason. that thing is a little something i'd like to call thiscamerasucksmanandlookatthatquality. this is an uncommon occurence w/ the worlds cameras, yet here we have an example. even if the thing is a ufo, it's not an alien spacecraft. it's just common sense. like, if you live in a glass house, it's common sense to dress in the basement and spare the lives of the elderly on a morning stroll. cat.gif