Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I keep seeing the number "66" everywhere..

Alienated Being

Okay, so here's the deal. About two years ago, I started seeing the number "66" pretty much everywhere. It all began when I started my phobia of having "cancer", as the number "6" represented the floor taht the cancer ward is on. I always interpreted the number "66" as an omen indicating that I will either get cancer "two times" (hence the two sixes) or that I will spend two months, two years or whatever in that ward due to cancer.

I used to be a hypochondriac, but now I really don't worry about cancer anymore. It's completely out of my mind, no longer worrying - but two years after the fact, I am still seeing the numbers.. EVERYWHERE.

Here's a few examples:

I'll be laying down in bed, and then when I decide to look at the clock it'll read 6:06 (the 0 doesn't really count as a number, so 6:6 = 66.

I'll be playing a video game, and either I'll kill somebody on the other team with 66 tickets left on their side, or they'll kill me with 66 tickets on my team.

I'll reload in-game with 66 bullets left in my gun. No matter how hard I try to avoid it, I always end up reloading at a point where there's still about seven bullets left in the clip, but the total number of bullets left to reload with is 66. No matter HOW HARD I TRY AVOIDING IT.

It's really starting to freak me out. I don't know if it's a subconscious thing, or if it's an omen. Or... maybe it's something that I'm misinterpreting from the so-called "higher beings" above. I also see the sequence 11:11 whenever I look at my clock, or 12:12, or 10:10. Really, this is starting to become quite bothersome. I am tired of worrying about these number sequences. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I've kept this inside for too long and am seeking some advice. No, I am not going to see a "counselor"... I can solve these issues on my own. I just want to hear the advice from other people on the forum.

Hmm... you know, after reading that numerology page, I am feeling somewhat better about myself. Really, that page described practically everything about me. I am kind, willing to help others, go out of my way to help people... very interesting. That really nailed my personality on the head. I don't know what to say..

say thank you.

My friend sees 7 11 in all it's forms. We think he needs to get a job at 7/11 but he wont because of the pay cut. and i see double numbers all the time ALL over. and when my roomate and I eat any sort of fast food our total is ALWAYS 11.00 even. for like a year and a half.

Likely you noticed it a couple times and then your brain starts highlighting them. Like when you go and buy a car and then suddenly it seems that everyone is driving the same model. Just relax and it should go away.

I used to keep seeing the number "8" everywhere, it probably didn't mean anything but It was probably recurring because of Corp's reason. I just ignored it.

As has been noted, the probability is that it doesn't occur any more than any other random combination of numbers. You only think it occurs more because you notice it when it crops up. For example, you've already noted that you see other combinations of numbers, and that the '0' in '6:06' 'doesn't count'. Seems you're subconsciously looking for examples in which '66' occurs... if it freaks you out, try spending some time looking out for another number - you'll soon see it appears just as much.

Likely you noticed it a couple times and then your brain starts highlighting them. Like when you go and buy a car and then suddenly it seems that everyone is driving the same model. Just relax and it should go away.

Agreed.

Okay, so here's the deal. About two years ago, I started seeing the number "66" pretty much everywhere. It all began when I started my phobia of having "cancer", as the number "6" represented the floor taht the cancer ward is on. I always interpreted the number "66" as an omen indicating that I will either get cancer "two times" (hence the two sixes) or that I will spend two months, two years or whatever in that ward due to cancer.

I used to be a hypochondriac, but now I really don't worry about cancer anymore. It's completely out of my mind, no longer worrying - but two years after the fact, I am still seeing the numbers.. EVERYWHERE.

Here's a few examples:

I'll be laying down in bed, and then when I decide to look at the clock it'll read 6:06 (the 0 doesn't really count as a number, so 6:6 = 66.

I'll be playing a video game, and either I'll kill somebody on the other team with 66 tickets left on their side, or they'll kill me with 66 tickets on my team.

I'll reload in-game with 66 bullets left in my gun. No matter how hard I try to avoid it, I always end up reloading at a point where there's still about seven bullets left in the clip, but the total number of bullets left to reload with is 66. No matter HOW HARD I TRY AVOIDING IT.

It's really starting to freak me out. I don't know if it's a subconscious thing, or if it's an omen. Or... maybe it's something that I'm misinterpreting from the so-called "higher beings" above. I also see the sequence 11:11 whenever I look at my clock, or 12:12, or 10:10. Really, this is starting to become quite bothersome. I am tired of worrying about these number sequences. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I've kept this inside for too long and am seeking some advice. No, I am not going to see a "counselor"... I can solve these issues on my own. I just want to hear the advice from other people on the forum.

I live right off Old Route 66.

And concerning your phobia of having "cancer" and these numbers that freaks you out and some other things. Parhaps you should seriously take the possiblilty into consideration that you might be a bit paranoid and that its only in your head?

Edit: Look, I have 66 in my member No. :D Is this meant for you? :P And Undeadsceptic also has it :blink:

Edited by Mr.Dot

most likely your just noticing them mroe often because your looking for them these number patterns are literally everywhere

most likely your just noticing them mroe often because your looking for them these number patterns are literally everywhere

I agree. The mind is so elastic and can easily be manipulated, even by our own self!

I have been doing an experiment lately to examine just this sort of phenomena. It has been suggested that "alien abductees" will see similar number patterns. I wanted to see just how easy it is for the mind to actually focus on 11:11, 10:10 etc.

To conduct the experiement I told myself to only look at the clock when these patterns occur. After just a couple of hours EVERY TIME I looked at the clock the only time shown to me were times with repeat number patterns. No matter where I am, what clock I look at - its always the same. For about 2 weeks now.

I then started noticing the same pattern in other places - signs, bumper stickers, license plates etc.

I know I have not been abducted. I created the experience by suggesting to my own mind what patterns to observe and then my mind used my own circadian rhythm to create the experience. After a while my mind also began to ignore other numbers outside of the desired pattern and I simply do not "see" them unless they are of significance to my desired outcome.

I agree. The mind is so elastic and can easily be manipulated, even by our own self!

I have been doing an experiment lately to examine just this sort of phenomena. It has been suggested that "alien abductees" will see similar number patterns. I wanted to see just how easy it is for the mind to actually focus on 11:11, 10:10 etc.

To conduct the experiement I told myself to only look at the clock when these patterns occur. After just a couple of hours EVERY TIME I looked at the clock the only time shown to me were times with repeat number patterns. No matter where I am, what clock I look at - its always the same. For about 2 weeks now.

I then started noticing the same pattern in other places - signs, bumper stickers, license plates etc.

I know I have not been abducted. I created the experience by suggesting to my own mind what patterns to observe and then my mind used my own circadian rhythm to create the experience. After a while my mind also began to ignore other numbers outside of the desired pattern and I simply do not "see" them unless they are of significance to my desired outcome.

Maybe it has something do to with the law of attraction and manifestation? :D

I've noticed something simular as well earlier. most notably was 3:33 (in the morning, I was up late alot..) and 13:37 :P

tried looking for other patterns as well to see if I saw other numbers just as often, but after a week of writing down loads of numbers, I saw that 3:33 was way more frequent than any other combination.

The sceptic in me says it's all a coinsidence, the believer says it's not.

Coincidence... Maybet you could change your daily routines if it freaks you out too much.

agreed

i dought its anything bad, as , numbers are just that, numbers

i wouldnt worry, but your not me

Here's a few examples:

I think since you are obbsessing over seeing the nnumber six soooooo much... all u can ddo is think about the number 6. so that goes through your brian and when u see something with the number 6 in it u are interested in it... you probably see alot of numbers repeating in your life but because all ytou think about is 6 then that will be all you really see and care about.

The harder you try to avoid it, the more it stays centermost in your mind, therefore you keep manifesting it.

Relax.

Here's a good description for numerology 6

http://www.ofesite.com/spirit/numerology/path6.htm

Relax.

omg! that is why i kept getting 6, no, seriously, and all this time i thought the number "6" was bad. SERIOUSLY

My sister experiences something like this also. Except for her it's the number 41.

It's very strange.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't worry so much about it. This is probably just your personal number, or it's one of the numbers that has to do with you. I do that a lot with 42, 3, and 23, even before that Jim Carry movie came out.

Here's a few examples:

thats interesting u posted that. i keep seeing the # 11:11 too and sometimes 1:11. just the way ur describing it too.

And concerning your phobia of having "cancer" and these numbers that freaks you out and some other things. Parhaps you should seriously take the possiblilty into consideration that you might be a bit paranoid and that its only in your head?

Edit: Look, I have 66 in my member No. :D Is this meant for you? :P And Undeadsceptic also has it :blink:

Hi,

Not trying to criticize you but quit giving it energy... I fully agree with Mr.Dot! The phobia's, the fears, the "freaking out" is only in your mind. I know it seems real but you give it energy when you could be thinking about anything else in the world. You see these things because you expect to see them, its obsessive and it's running your life or atleast moments in your life. Actively chose to ignore those moments where there's a number or a thought and redirect your thoughts where ever you want to, wonderful places.. any place but "cancer" or stressful thoughts! When it pops up SHUT IT DOWN!

I honestly believe that if you give these things energy and help to perpetuate these thoughts that things could come to pass. Stress causes cancer and all kinds of illnesses, these obsessive thoughts cause stress so its a chain reaction.

I think if you are beyond controlling it mentally like I recomend above then you should speak with a doctor about it :) So.. 66 means you'll live to be 132 from now on:-)