Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Voices in my head

Honeymoonie

When I was about 11 years old, I remember having strange visions and sounds. The vision was as though everything was much smaller than normal. It would happen quite often but was rarer as I got into my early teen years.

I also used to hear a voice in my head that was hard to understand. It was like an echo. It would only happen when I was seeing things small. Many times I would see small, but there was no voice. When I was an early teen and the voices went away, I realized that it was my mother's voice in my head. Now that I am 36, I asked my mom about this and she said that she experienced the same exact thing when she was a young girl. She tried talking to her mom about it, but she didn't believe her.

I mentioned this to my neurologist and you should have seen his eyes light up, like I was crazy or something. I no longer have these sounds and very rarely have the modified vision. He said that I might have had mini strokes when I was young and that I had recovered from them. My mom says that we were just communicating telepathically. Maybe the doctor is right, but there are so many paranormal things that you can’t discuss with doctors without them locking you up. Most of them seem to be closed minded. Any info would be appreciated.

thanks

• Like 1

I mentioned this to my neurologist and you should have seen his eyes light up, like I was crazy or something. I no longer have these sounds and very rarely have the modified vision. He said that I might have had mini strokes when I was young and that I had recovered from them. My mom says that we were just communicating telepathically. Maybe the doctor is right, but there are so many paranormal things that you can’t discuss with doctors without them locking you up. Most of them seem to be closed minded. Any info would be appreciated.

thanks

I agree with what your mom said. I would forget about the views of your neurologist, in my view he is closed minded. Telepathy is an area of interest for me.

May I go so far as asking why now, at the age of 36 you are thinking about these experiences from your younger years?

John

When I was about 11 years old, I remember having strange visions and sounds. The vision was as though everything was much smaller than normal. It would happen quite often but was rarer as I got into my early teen years.

I also used to hear a voice in my head that was hard to understand. It was like an echo. It would only happen when I was seeing things small. Many times I would see small, but there was no voice. When I was an early teen and the voices went away, I realized that it was my mother's voice in my head. Now that I am 36, I asked my mom about this and she said that she experienced the same exact thing when she was a young girl. She tried talking to her mom about it, but she didn't believe her.

thanks

Brains have glitches just like your computer.

Had you been ill about that time. If so did who have a high temeperature?

Had you eaten nutmeg?

Perhaps you had engested a drug or natural chemical from a plant.

Perhaps who have undetected epilepsy which is mild enough not to cause fits.

Perhaps it was a minor stroke. Had you banged your head about that time?

Having visions and hearing things is more common than you think and doesnt mean you have a mental illness or medical problem. For example I quite often hear things when Im at the in between stages of being awake and asleep. I have also woken in the night before and had weird effects with my consciousness. I wouldnt worry about it at all. Unless you are wacko of course lol.

Perhaps you had a high temperature due to illness, perhaps you had eaten to much nutmeg. Perhaps you had taken is ome narcotics without knowing.

I agree with what your mom said. I would forget about the views of your neurologist, in my view he is closed minded. Telepathy is an area of interest for me.

May I go so far as asking why now, at the age of 36 you are thinking about these experiences from your younger years?

John

I feel as though I am at some cross road & I’m being called to find my true self, but I don't know where to start, although I have started doing positive affirmations. I guess that I believe that much of how we live as adults is directly related to our childhood. There has always been many unanswered questions in my mind which only adds to the confusion when I am soul searching.

I met a woman last week who was beaten to death when she was younger and she seemed to be able to answer any strange question I threw at her. She appeared to have a strong understanding about life (which she called perception), death, God, life, etc. She does not have the same views as I was taught being Christian, but some similarities. I would love to find & improve myself, without having to die first as she did. She has gotten me very intrigued.

thanks for your reply John

Had you eaten nutmeg?

Having visions and hearing things is more common than you think and doesnt mean you have a mental illness or medical problem. For example I quite often hear things when Im at the in between stages of being awake and asleep. I have also woken in the night before and had weird effects with my consciousness. I wouldnt worry about it at all. Unless you are wacko of course lol.

Perhaps you had a high temperature due to illness, perhaps you had eaten to much nutmeg. Perhaps you had taken is ome narcotics without knowing.

Now you sound like my doctor, lol!

As far as food, we ate a lot of potatoes and government cheese back then. It is the age when I first smoked pot, but the pot made me feel more like I was sleepwalking. The first time I tried it, I did get a temperature. But I'm pretty sure I experienced these things before I tried the weed. I didn't hit my head.

I did also start sleepwalking at this age & was under a lot of stress and depression.

I've heard of a visual disorder that has those exact symptoms (things sometimes look tiny), but I can't remember what it's called.

Edited by Moonie2012

I feel as though I am at some cross road & I’m being called to find my true self, but I don't know where to start, although I have started doing positive affirmations. I guess that I believe that much of how we live as adults is directly related to our childhood. There has always been many unanswered questions in my mind which only adds to the confusion when I am soul searching.

There is no greater calling than to find and be true to Self. I suspect you find yourself at this cross road because you are ready to shift your perceptions appropriately. The answers to those many unanswered questions are within the Self. Bless the confusion, if you can, it is providing the energy that will fuel these new discoveries.

I met a woman last week who was beaten to death when she was younger and she seemed to be able to answer any strange question I threw at her. She appeared to have a strong understanding about life (which she called perception), death, God, life, etc. She does not have the same views as I was taught being Christian, but some similarities. I would love to find & improve myself, without having to die first as she did. She has gotten me very intrigued.

thanks for your reply John

Perception is King. It creates the reality frame of reference we function from. I myself have a deep Christian understanding however I find there are no religions that teach the message of Jesus, As I Understand It. Religion helps those who want their reality to work that way. It is easier than self empowerment that is in alignment with the messages of Jesus.

So I find myself working with energy and the paranormal. I am for the most part, Self taught. The connection that each of us has with our Higher-Self can be established in a conscious way. You do not need to die first to realize that you are your Higher-Self in a restricted form of expression. We do these things for a reason. Become human over and over again. It is not a punishment. It is a mission of service to the universal community.

I hope I have gotten you intrigued enough to encourage more discussions.

John

There is no greater calling than to find and be true to Self. I suspect you find yourself at this cross road because you are ready to shift your perceptions appropriately. The answers to those many unanswered questions are within the Self. Bless the confusion, if you can, it is providing the energy that will fuel these new discoveries.

Perception is King. It creates the reality frame of reference we function from. I myself have a deep Christian understanding however I find there are no religions that teach the message of Jesus, As I Understand It. Religion helps those who want their reality to work that way. It is easier than self empowerment that is in alignment with the messages of Jesus.

So I find myself working with energy and the paranormal. I am for the most part, Self taught. The connection that each of us has with our Higher-Self can be established in a conscious way. You do not need to die first to realize that you are your Higher-Self in a restricted form of expression. We do these things for a reason. Become human over and over again. It is not a punishment. It is a mission of service to the universal community.

John

What is energy in the sense that you mention? Is it the power that we have within? Our electric soul or light?

What is your opinion of the message that Jesus left for us? And who was he compared to us?

Where would be a good place for me to start in better understanding of perception?

The lady I met said that life is almost exactly like the movie Matrix, can this be true?

My Grandmother told me that she thought that aliens were angels and that there must aliens in the movie biz. Would it be crazy to believe this?

Thanks again....

What is energy in the sense that you mention? Is it the power that we have within? Our electric soul or light?

Yes in a way. Electric energy is a physical energy. The energy of love is not physical. The energy I refer to is of the non-physical type. I see each person, first and formost as a non-physical kind of energy. We take part of that energy, slow it down (like in quantum physics), and manifest a person who has a human life.

What is your opinion of the message that Jesus left for us? And who was he compared to us?

[1] To follow his example of expressing love.

[2] The full energy being that we are is also the full energy being of Christ. When we become Christ Conscious, we are in alignment with our full energetic expression

Where would be a good place for me to start in better understanding of perception?

The lady I met said that life is almost exactly like the movie Matrix, can this be true?

[1] That would be a good question to ask yourself. I explain the concepts and exercises for this at my website. The one you may have noticed when you looked at my profile.

[2] Yes it is true. The real You is all knowing. The conscious you is part of the real you which is the One Energy Being that you are. Be patient with my wording, it does lead to the point I would like to make but can not be made with a few words. In the Matrix the population was living a perceived reality as their physical bodies were in a vat creating energy for another purpose. This is a wonderful example of perception. If you take a blue pill, you discover the underlying reality of the Matrix movie. The red pill keeps you ignorent of this perception. The conscious part of you is the master of perception or the part of you that gets to choose which pill of perception you will take. With the red pill - nothing changes. With the blue pill - everything changes. Your perceptions expand into more awareness on a great many things.

My Grandmother told me that she thought that aliens were angels and that there must aliens in the movie biz. Would it be crazy to believe this?

God works in many ways to bring his message to the people. The people who work in the movie biz use their imagination to make a living. This is the domain of the unseen. The imagination. Since every human is a divine being, as I see it, they can be and are quite often, angelic messengers. Et's are not all like we humans but that is a story for another day.

Thanks again....

Your welcome.

John

John

why would telepathy cause him to see things as if they were smaller?

To me it definately sounds medical/physical. I'd take a EEG test if I was you, or maybe MR :)

or just blame the pot :tu:

why would telepathy cause him to see things as if they were smaller?

To me it definately sounds medical/physical. I'd take a EEG test if I was you, or maybe MR :)

or just blame the pot :tu:

FYI,

I did have an EKG and an MRI done, as well as other tests. He said there was nothing in there, lol! The only diagnosis the doctor came up with for my current mental stautus was anxiety depression. My mom has extreme anxiety depression.

The doctor said that I can't change the way I am, it's just how I am made up, thus having to take meds forever more. I do not believe that for one minute. If people can find a way to cure themselves from cancer, I'm sure I could take care of something much less complex.

Yes in a way. Electric energy is a physical energy. The energy of love is not physical. The energy I refer to is of the non-physical type. I see each person, first and formost as a non-physical kind of energy. We take part of that energy, slow it down (like in quantum physics), and manifest a person who has a human life.

When you say non physical I take it you mean in the sense that we can't feel or see it?

[1] To follow his example of expressing love.

[2] The full energy being that we are is also the full energy being of Christ. When we become Christ Conscious, we are in alignment with our full energetic expression

Do you believe that a man can become equal to Christ or just in alignment with him?

[1] That would be a good question to ask yourself. I explain the concepts and exercises for this at my website. The one you may have noticed when you looked at my profile.

[2] Yes it is true. The real You is all knowing. The conscious you is part of the real you which is the One Energy Being that you are. Be patient with my wording, it does lead to the point I would like to make but can not be made with a few words. In the Matrix the population was living a perceived reality as their physical bodies were in a vat creating energy for another purpose. This is a wonderful example of perception. If you take a blue pill, you discover the underlying reality of the Matrix movie. The red pill keeps you ignorent of this perception. The conscious part of you is the master of perception or the part of you that gets to choose which pill of perception you will take. With the red pill - nothing changes. With the blue pill - everything changes. Your perceptions expand into more awareness on a great many things.

I didn't know you had a site, I'll have to have a look-see.

Very cool info. I think most of us have been taking a lot of red pills.

God works in many ways to bring his message to the people. The people who work in the movie biz use their imagination to make a living. This is the domain of the unseen. The imagination. Since every human is a divine being, as I see it, they can be and are quite often, angelic messengers. Et's are not all like we humans but that is a story for another day.

So in the movie "They Live" where aliens are living among us can't be true right? Unless they are reincarnated from a past life?

Your welcome.

John

How do you do that thing with the quotes?

thanks John

John

Major events in our life (death of someone we love, birth, witnessing a trauma, NDE, etc.,) major realizations within our lives, about our lives, or life in general can sometimes trigger what I term a "spiritual shift." I've mentioned before it places us above what we are or what we were previously and moves us into something closer to complete awareness, spiritual awareness-- the perception of what is, and what we are, where we stand etc,.. It changes everything.

• Like 1

So in the movie "They Live" where aliens are living among us can't be true right? Unless they are reincarnated from a past life?

I am one who thinks there are many groups of ET's visiting humanity. I do not know much about the ET reincarnation potentials.

How do you do that thing with the quotes?

Once we quote a previous post, it arrives in our current reply with a braketed quote . The information is presented and followed by a bracked /quote.

When you want to split up that previous post, you insert a bracked /quote where you want to cut it off. Then make your reply. Next you need to insert a bracked quote in front of the rest of the previous post.

Sometimes I start my reply and then cut and past another's post into my reply. When I do that I need to insert that bracked quote before the material and then put the bracked /quote after it.

Edited by John A Spera

I am one who thinks there are many groups of ET's visiting humanity. I do not know much about the ET reincarnation potentials.

The lady that I met said that she had I think it was 35 past lives and that she was some sort of alien in one of them. I would think that there are many types, almost how we have different species on earth. But I guess we are getting off topic.

BTW, thanks for sharing you website. There is a lot of good info.

What gave the blueprint for each cell of your body when you were first activated inside the womb of your mother?

And, do you think that each cell or organ of your body can produce a communication that resembles speaking when communicating with the brain?

If you have a problem with your heart, for instance, the cells surrounding the area that has the problem send an impulse to the brain signalling a problem. Your brain becomes active in that area and you may 'hear' that activity. Since the impulse was sent to signify a problem, you may 'hear,' 'You're not doing this right' or 'You need to stop this.'

Same thing happens when everything is going right. All the cells send an impulse to the brain that everything is OK. You could 'hear' this as 'Keep doing what you're doing' or 'Good job.'

It is really a magnificent simple machine, your body is, and it was produced through the interaction of two people, you Mom and your Dad. Each cell of your body is alive and each cell can communicate.

Honeymoonie,

You avatar is interesting and holds the solution. What makes the TV, the TV? And moreover, what comes to mind when you hear the word 'tele-vision?' If you think about somebody strongly for a time, you can bet that they are feeling it.

• 11 years later...
On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2008 at 1:58 PM, John from Lowell said:

John

You've got me intrigued.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2019 at 9:20 PM, Melskaya said:

You've got me intrigued.

Why? Hes a nut job who feeds off people in dire need. There are people who are clearly struggling mentally so he fills their head with psychic bull crap. Its vile.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure when it happened, but at some point everything started to remind me of a song. 

• Haha 1

On 7/16/2008 at 8:31 PM, Honeymoonie said:

thanks

Stroke, high levels of stress, mild epileptic fit, a virus, or maybe something you ate interfered with your neurotransmitters that day. Did your mother have houseplants that were poisonous to consume?

On 7/16/2008 at 8:53 PM, atom286 said:

Had you eaten nutmeg?

I have had this quite a lot lately.

Sometimes when on the verge of sleep, like a huge crashing sound literally makes me jump from slumber.

Does anybody know what causes it?

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 6:51 PM, ThereWeAreThen said:

Why? Hes a nut job who feeds off people in dire need. There are people who are clearly struggling mentally so he fills their head with psychic bull crap. Its vile.

Because the part that I quoted reminded me of Buddhism (a religion I've been part of for 30 years now).

You saying that he is a nut job means nothing to me because I have no relationship with either of you. I wish to form my opinions of others based on one-on-one communication with people and not a stranger telling me something about another stranger.  

1 hour ago, Melskaya said:

Because the part that I quoted reminded me of Buddhism (a religion I've been part of for 30 years now).

You saying that he is a nut job means nothing to me because I have no relationship with either of you. I wish to form my opinions of others based on one-on-one communication with people and not a stranger telling me something about another stranger.  

Right that's great and all. My point is I've seen quite a few posters like himself, who enable people in dire need (usually with mental problems and/or loss of family) into thinking they have experienced something paranormal.

It's a highly dangerous precedent to set and will only make their problems worse. It's wrong.

• Like 2