Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gay people & past lives...

Marcus

I just had this interesting thought and I always wondered why some people acted more opposite of their gender & why they're attracted to the same sex. I think gay people may have been their opposite genders in their past lives.. Meaning a gay guy was probably a female in his past life & the female was actually a male in her past life. For some odd reason when they reincarnated into the present, the female's soul was incarnated into the males & vice versa. Which is why maybe some guys are very feminine & the girls are tom boyish. Yeah they're a female, but their soul is actually of a males, which is why they carry traits and have an attraction for the same sex. Anyway it was just a thought and I'm curious about people's views on this subject...

Also no offense to anyone if I offended anyone with this topic in anyway..

I just had this interesting thought and I always wondered why some people acted more opposite of their gender & why they're attracted to the same sex. I think gay people may have been their opposite genders in their past lives.. Meaning a gay guy was probably a female in his past life & the female was actually a male in her past life. For some odd reason when they reincarnated into the present, the female's soul was incarnated into the males & vice versa. Which is why maybe some guys are very feminine & the girls are tom boyish. Yeah they're a female, but their soul is actually of a males, which is why they carry traits and have an attraction for the same sex. Anyway it was just a thought and I'm curious about people's views on this subject...

I share that same theory. One thing I would like to add is maybe if a female had to hold back on her feminine traits in her past life and was reincarnated as a man, it would make the man feminine. For instance, maybe she was an Omish and she couldn't express her true feelings.

Maybe a man had to be a Mr. Mom, or was somehow treated as a woman(no disrespect intended) and their soul is fighting to work it out.

I don't think that the most common reason is lust. I think it is somehow deep-rooted, or possibly it is just a chemical imbalance their hormones.???

I am a female that is not gay. There are certain parts of the day that I carry myself as a woman and other parts I carry myself as a man.

I am a head of household, work in a gruff industry, and have to do my errands myself. I wonder if this theory is true, what this is going to do to me.

• Like 1

I know I read that somewhere when reading about past life regression I just can't remember where I read it. It is a very interesting thought to me. I think we carry alot of things and baggage from past life that we are generally unaware of which come out in our personalities and fears and such or maybe that was something they chose to be in a particular life before they were born for some reason or another. Who knows I have friends that happen to be gay and the fact that their gay doesn't cross my mind it is just who they are.

Edited by stargazer123

Interesting theory o: But I sometimes act like a guy, and I'm a straight female, so maybe it also has to do with the hardwiring in their brains. Like why some people have feet fetishes - the wiring for sex and feet is connected somehow in their heads...

But it might be a possibility for some people x3

I am glad someone posted this, because I wondered the same thing, even with transexuals. Take into consideration those who lets say are male, but cannot come to grips with that, and feel compelled to be female because that is who and what they are! So with that said, they either play the part and some get surgery to become female. I dont think there is anything wrong with them, except possibly they were female in a previous life, came back too quick in a male body, and have to deal with the outside in order to feel complete on the inside..JN

I believe it is simply due to chanelling (for lack of a better word) the masculine or feminine energy. Nothing to do with past lives IMHO.

ravergirl do not let traditional roles of society fool you. You are not a man in any sense. You are a strong woman who will do for her family and there are many in this world in many societies. If you were a Muslim this would be your jihad. Jihad simply means struggle, it does not have to mean holy war, the true meaning is something like a mother struggling to feed her children in a cruel world. Anyways your strength is respected.

I had the same thoughts actually. I know some men who are a lot more feminine than I am its rather interesting but I think they should be themselves despite what the world thinks. Why be ashamed of who you are?

you are basing this on the stereotype gay males are effeminate/vice versa :no:

• Like 1

I do act like a guy sometimes XD.A very lazy guy*cough* Interesting theory.I believe I was a guy in a past life,not sure how I lived or died though,I just have a feeling.

you are basing this on the stereotype gay males are effeminate/vice versa :no:

Good call. Also many men who have feminine traits are not necessarily homosexuals either. There are also more ways to channel the feminine energy for men or the masculine energy for females besides vocal patterns, mannerisms, or appearance. Much of it can be internalized and thought patterns. These same energies, the ones I mentioned before, can also be channeled by the proper sex which leads to macho men and girly girls. I think when it is the opposite though it is just gender confusion because some lesbians (not the lipstick ones) tend to act or feel more manly than most men as some gays tend to act or feel more womanly than most women. I think most of these are social issues because gender roles are a social concept. Other cultures might not have the same ideas when it comes to gender roles though due to modernization gender roles might be getting blurred as well.

Edited by Clovis

I think it most possible in the case of transexuals like JustNormal said.

I think other people, gay or straight, have equal chance of being male or female in a past life. There are tons of men who are more stereotypical feminine and not gay, and tons of women who are quite masculine as well. I don't think it has much to do with sexual preference. More with personality.

• 5 years later...

In fact, I am also curious about how gay people think psychology is also curious that the surgery to change sex away people how to think, I'm just curious, no offense intended!

Personally, I think the whole premise is silly, gay people are gay, for lack of a better term. Now I have no idea what makes a person gay or straight or bi or into torture or pain or scat....yes, scat.

All these variations are considered normal from the stand point of a group, that group being humans. Look at the variations some are black, some are white, some are latin, some are mongoloid, some are light, some are dark.

The point being there is diversity in other areas, so why do people think sexual orientation would be different? Besides, think about what you're suggesting, a woman dies and is reincarnated into a man's body. In her life as a woman she had straight sex with men, why? Because she was a woman with female features, and yes I am talking about genitals. Now she dies at spme point and is suddenly in a male body. Do you really think that gay sex is the same as? Because that.is what you'd have to believe in order for your theory to work.

As it happens I have gay friends of both genders and take my word for it they are wired up completely different. Mind you, it's completely normal for them to be gay......because they are wired that way. Same as it's normal to be straight.....or some otherbthing because that's how you're wired up.

I don't think the premise is silly.

The soul is genderless, and energetically androgynous, being a balance of the fem and masc energies. We only deal with gender and sexuality on the physical 3d level, so it is possible for a male to be more in-tune with his fem energy because maybe in that life time he is to work on that, and a female to be more intune with her male side, or equally a mixture of both, androgynous and in unity with self. I believe the goal is to reach the balance of the two and will be far more common in the future.

Ad hom comments removed. Lets stick to discussing the idea not personal comments about the person making them.

• Like 1

Not the case. I was very frank with a gay man one time and I asked him why all the efeminate mannerisms? If gay men are still men then should sort of act like the rest of us. His answer was that like all men they pick up on pieces of their culture and identity and emulate their piers. The only "men" that act like women are true transgenderes. The rest do not act like any women that I know, so its completely unfair to say their traits are feminine. If they are only on a very superficial level. Gay is gay... It is not feminine. And many men do not "act" .."gay"... Thay simply are.

I wish people would stop trying to find a reason for homosexuality. It's pointless.

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 1

keninsc, in case you missed my earlier comment

Ad hom comments removed. Lets stick to discussing the idea not personal comments about the person making them.

It's an interesting topic, all right.

I have two very dear friends who are both gay men, yet they do not "act" in the stereotypical way that gay men are "supposed" to. I didn't know they were gay until they told me—although they both like to kid me that I don't have "gaydar" (which is true, I don't, unless it's really obvious in someone I meet, which is usually not the case). They both seem certain that in most cases, gay men who act extremely effeminately are doing so deliberately. Just as we straight people tend to do, gay folks will act in ways to attract the types of people to whom they are attracted. All I can say is, as a straight man I feel blessed to be free of social hangups on this issue and couldn't care less about one's sexual orientation—or I wouldn't have these two terrific guys as friends.

What I really wonder about are extremely young children who strongly believe they're the opposite sex. All of you have probably seen this on talk shows or eslewhere: young boys who think they're girls and demand to wear dresses, or young girls who do the opposite. I actually met a child like this once in my museum work. The child was only around five and looked like any adorable little towheaded boy, but the mom explained she was a girl. I apologized profusely but the mom brushed it off. This little girl insisted she was a boy and should therefore dress like a boy. One must wonder what causes this.

• 2 weeks later...

You have hit the nail on the head. And this is precisely why most religions forbid homosexuality. Without even being fully aware as to "the Law's" original intent, it is precisely because of the erasure of past lives in order to progress. If a person focuses on an aspect of a past life they can become intractably stuck. If you were a man in your last life and now find yourself a woman, it is precisely because learning submission in its various subtle forms is essential. And same is true vice versa. This is just one of the two main reasons homosexuality is a bad idea to mainstream. The second follows:

The problem isn't the mechanics of gay sex and that it is obviously a misuse of the reproductive organs since two same genders cannot reproduce. The problem is in blurring the matrix. The matrix was established male/female; or it arose, or evolved, what have you, in such a concrete form with actual physiological differences between the two genders, their brains, their hormones and how those hormones affect the brain that the basic tribe function is like a default program. Tampering with the default program and blurring the matrix means that lessons needed to be learned this time around may not be availible reliably. This is a metaphysical catastrophe! If you accept that we are here to learn and progress spiritually, not having the structure of the "classroom" availible is equal to trying to sharpen a blade on a pile of jello.

Gender bending [homosexuality] is extremely unwise therefore. And on levels most people would never even begin to believe were the reason for that conclusion.

1. It can fixate people in past lives, rendering them stuck and

2. Worse, it can blur the entire matrix for all souls wanting to progress by the school of hard knocks.

Edited by SSilhouette

Interesting theory o: But I sometimes act like a guy, and I'm a straight female, so maybe it also has to do with the hardwiring in their brains. Like why some people have feet fetishes - the wiring for sex and feet is connected somehow in their heads...

But it might be a possibility for some people x3

The "hardwiring" for any fetish is a learned molding of the brain AFTER birth. It is done through classical conditioning [google it]. Pairing the first few orgasms with [insert environment/item/behavior/partner type here] pairing "pleasure" with "object/scenario/person type" = what people perceive as "an inborn sexual orientation". It isn't inborn. The animal industry has been artificially imposing abnormal sexual orientations on animals, that thereafter are habitual for them, for centuries now. It's done mainly to collect semen to preserve zoo species endangered or in the meat industry. The observations of behaviors that apply on any mammal, including humans, is that concretely, sexual orientation can be very easily imprinted just around the time of puberty. I can train a dog, horse, bull or pig to become sexually aroused at the sight of a bulldozer, a postage stamp or the same gender if I so choose. Been done for centuries. After that, those animals will reflexively become aroused at those items.

Returning back to the last post I wrote, humans learn socially. So the introduction of homosexuality as "normal" into the matrix is a very dangerous proposition. It is the assurance that into the future the matrix and chance for progression will be blurred and hopelessly compromised. Homosexuals will always exist by just random imprinting. However, they should always be seen as an anomoly and not a normality. Have compassion for the wayward but do not imitate them and emulate them.

It turns out that the dominant/aggressive features of male and submissive/passive features of female make the perfect balance to knock rough edges off a scaly soul. I read with dismay that a person's gay male friends here are hard even to detect. That's too bad. It would be better if they stuck to what most gays do, having a dominant partner and submissive one, like in normal relationships. Of course that means that one of them is hetero in the closet. But that's still better than not being able to tell. That "not being able to tell" is the end product of homogenizing the genders and then the matrix for learning simply *poof* disappears...

Edited by SSilhouette

No I don't agree with this at all and it comes across to me by explaining why some people are gay because of who they were in a past life as a way of justifying homosexuality when no justification is necessary and shouldn't particularly any pseudo spiritual explanations. I accept people are gay I don't presume it's because they were a different gender in a past life. Also I've never read anywhere that reincarnation is fixed to one gender.

Edited by aimlesswalk
  • Like 1

100s of millions of Hindus might disagree with you...

I'd rather go to Buddhism for an authority on reincarnation (and lots of other things as well).

Edited by aimlesswalk

Hi,

I agree with the concept presented by the OP. That view is also essentially supported by the channeled Kryon material. When we switch genders from one incarnation to the next our psyche needs time to adjust its sexual inclinations.

John