Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gay people & past lives...

Marcus

Effeminate gay men are that way because they are that way; I know some effeminate straight men too. We all assume regular acting guys are straight, and can of course be wrong, but very rarely. It seems to me there is some gay predominance among effeminate men, and so some connection, but it is by no means predictive. One is a personality pattern, the other is of course simple sexual orientation. Regular acting gay men nowadays do seem to outnumber effeminate acting gay men by a considerable margin; this may be a social or cultural business.

Transsexualism (being born in the wrong body) is something entirely different that to me at least testifies to the idea that gender identity and sexual orientation are not at all the same.

Our rebirth is set largely by our desires, so one assumes men will want to be reborn as men and women as women, with occasional exceptions. That doesn't strike me as a complicated business. One would expect that a gay person happy as they are would want a similar rebirth too.

• Like 1

If reincarnation is going to be brought into this then I think people willingly choose to reincarnate as homosexual to experience something equally as valid and no less important than heterosexuality and not because they were a different gender in a past life. Also not all homosexual men have effeminate traits which further undermines the notion that they were women in a past life. Surely if all homosexual men were females in a past life they would as well as being attracted to other men all retain female character traits. Also this idea says nothing at all about bi-sexuality or heterosexual men who like to act gay sometimes or think of themselves as being gay even though their probably not really and also want to be gay (like myself).

Edited by aimlesswalk
  • Like 1

A man trying to reproduce with another man's lower digestive tract is not an "equally valid" form of sexuality. Many many many people disagree with that. Billions disagree actually, worldwide. It is an aberrent behavior. Bulimia is an aberrent behavior. Like homosexuality, the choice to practice it as an "eating orientation" hurts nobody but the practitioners. Shall we mainstream that too in the interest of "personal liberty in aberrent body functions"? Why not, specifically?

Effeminate gay men are that way because they are that way; I know some effeminate straight men too. We all assume regular acting guys are straight, and can of course be wrong, but very rarely. It seems to me there is some gay predominance among effeminate men, and so some connection, but it is by no means predictive. One is a personality pattern, the other is of course simple sexual orientation. Regular acting gay men nowadays do seem to outnumber effeminate acting gay men by a considerable margin; this may be a social or cultural business.

Transsexualism (being born in the wrong body) is something entirely different that to me at least testifies to the idea that gender identity and sexual orientation are not at all the same.

Our rebirth is set largely by our desires, so one assumes men will want to be reborn as men and women as women, with occasional exceptions. That doesn't strike me as a complicated business. One would expect that a gay person happy as they are would want a similar rebirth too.

All that you've said points to "gay" being a learned trait. Take basic psychology and find out. Saying people behave a certain way "because they are that way" completely dismisses the entire field of behavioral psychology as some sort of parlor game; not even worthy of a passing mention. This might come as a surprise to those who dedicated 8-10 years of schooling to acquire a doctorate and then found repeated observable phenomenon over a 20-30 year career period. Imagine their diagnosis of a patient, "you are that way because you are that way...that will be $3,000 please"....lol..

The point isn't whether one wants to be born to find happiness. The point is that people are born to do work: the work of changing old, bad habits. Of knocking rough spots off their person. Sure, you should try to be happy as you do the spiritual work; just not flabby. Choosing a life you were comfy with before means wasted time. From my readings of near death experiences, when a person is told by the spirits they encounter to return to their body, it's always followed by the statement "because you have work to do still". What's said then is not "because we want you to return to a life of sloth and play/indulgences you're familiar with".

Chopping off healthy organs and body parts to play act at the opposite gender is a frank, obvious and startling sign of deep mental illness and a refusal to cope with reality as it is. No transsexual is ever successful changing genders. They always wind up as a freak show, often twice as depressed as they were before because now not only do they have mental problems, but they often struggle with incontinence [they completely butcher the urinary tract and nerves in that area] and no sexual feelings anymore. The hippocratic oath means no doctor shall do harm. To amputate body parts preferential to deep regressive therapy is a gross misuse of a MD's license. It is in fact malpractice defined.

Edited by SSilhouette

A man trying to reproduce with another man's lower digestive tract is not an "equally valid" form of sexuality. Many many many people disagree with that. Billions disagree actually, worldwide. It is an aberrent behavior. Bulimia is an aberrent behavior. Like homosexuality, the choice to practice it as an "eating orientation" hurts nobody but the practitioners. Shall we mainstream that too in the interest of "personal liberty in aberrent body functions"? Why not, specifically?

And this is, evidently, where you show your true colors. One's personal judgement is irrelevant in the wider scope of things, but "billions" also don't really have an issue with homosexuality—for the simple reason that many folks have evolved beyond this mindset. The obvious understanding is that homosexuality is no more a "choice" than heterosexuality is. Homosexuality is not a disorder any more than one should think of heterosexuality as a disorder. No "choice" is involved. It seems pretty clear to me you don't truly know any gay people.

Nor do you fully seem to understand the psychological mechanics of sexuality in Homo sapiens. While sex evolved in higher animals for the sake of reproduction, sex has become much more than just a reproductive mandate for people. Sex is one of the most powerful means to express emotion.

• Like 1

And this is, evidently, where you show your true colors. One's personal judgement is irrelevant in the wider scope of things, but "billions" also don't really have an issue with homosexuality—for the simple reason that many folks have evolved beyond this mindset. The obvious understanding is that homosexuality is no more a "choice" than heterosexuality is. Homosexuality is not a disorder any more than one should think of heterosexuality as a disorder. No "choice" is involved. It seems pretty clear to me you don't truly know any gay people.

Nor do you fully seem to understand the psychological mechanics of sexuality in Homo sapiens. While sex evolved in higher animals for the sake of reproduction, sex has become much more than just a reproductive mandate for people. Sex is one of the most powerful means to express emotion.

No, not personal judgment: Observation. Simple observation. I've watched dozens of animals be artificially oriented sexually on purpose. Thereafter they reflexively become aroused at whatever item was paired with their first few orgasms. Classical conditioning is one of the founding principles of psychology. You may have heard of it.

Not to mention the dozens of journals I've read on training animals for artificial insemination practices. The practice applies to any warm blooded mammal. ie: it works on all species without exception. Including homo sapiens. So the roots of homosexuality are behavioral. No species has evolved to try to practice making babies with the same gender as an evolutionary hardwired trait. Sorry. Science, hard science and not mere opinions are the source of my position and the position of rational people when it comes to homosexuality and other strange fetish orientations. All can easily be explained by classical conditioning. I had a stallion that used to become aroused at the sight of red halters. Why? Because when he was being trained AI, they used a red halter. Pretty simple stuff.

Edited by SSilhouette

All this rhetoric presupposes the existance of 'past lives', of course.

Well this entire website presupposes that paranormal things are viable topics and possibilities. Many near death experiencees come back reporting being told of past lives. Many regressive hypnoses report past lives. Some notable accounts even have people alive today identifying more recent past lives as parents etc. of living people. They report details that parent would know but nobody else would have access to. And this story about a revived dead fighter pilot:

ABC News

April 15, 2004

Nearly six decades ago, a 21-year-old Navy fighter pilot on a mission over the Pacific was shot down by Japanese artillery. His name might have been forgotten, were it not for 6-year-old James Leininger. Quite a few people — including those who knew the fighter pilot — think James is the pilot, reincarnated. James' parents, Andrea and Bruce, a highly educated, modern couple, say they are "probably the people least likely to have a scenario like this pop up in their lives." But over time, they have become convinced their little son has had a former life....

http://www.reversesp...ncarnation.html

Edited by Saru
Trimmed for length