Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Best Vampire Encyclopedia or Non-fiction Book

mmissamy

I'm shopping round for a encyclopedia on vampires and the like, my local bookstore (galaxy books sydney) has only Vampire Book: The Encyclopedia of the Undead by J Gorden Melton. If anyone owns this do you think it was good and worth the read?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mmissamy

• EtuMalku

• Rosewin

• puridalan

Sorry cannot help but Dhampir is a pretty good fiction vampire book. Good luck in finding your non-fiction resource. Planning on going vampire slaying or something?

There aren some really good net site's that are just for vampire's, What do you want to know?

If you have any personal hands on questions feel free to pm me, but dear lord you really made me laugh vamp dictionary ha-ha...wait wait let me get my breath back :P

Sorry cannot help but Dhampir is a pretty good fiction vampire book. Good luck in finding your non-fiction resource. Planning on going vampire slaying or something?

Yeah I've read it, its a very good book. Have you read Cirque Du Freak? I havent but people keep telling me to read it.

And no I dont plan on slaying any vampires as awesome that, that would be. But if vampires did exsist I doubt many would live in Sydney.

Edited by mmissamy

There aren some really good net site's that are just for vampire's, What do you want to know?

I just want to know about real accounts, and general similarites in stories in history (eg how they die, how they are made, powers etc)

I recommend the Asetian Bible.

I don't know much about the Asetian Bible, but I though it was just to do with energy vampires and alot with Egypt. I would like something alot broader, but I could be wrong. Is it more than that?

I don't know much about the Asetian Bible, but I though it was just to do with energy vampires and alot with Egypt. I would like something alot broader, but I could be wrong. Is it more than that?
It explains the origin of the vampire and a lot more about Vampirism and High Magick

It explains the origin of the vampire and a lot more about Vampirism and High Magick

Alright well I'll have to look into, Thanks.

Yeah I've read it, its a very good book. Have you read Cirque Du Freak? I havent but people keep telling me to read it.

And no I dont plan on slaying any vampires as awesome that, that would be. But if vampires did exsist I doubt many would live in Sydney.

Oh twelve books in all ~_~ seems like so many. I was thinking about reading Twilight? The sales are there but it might just be alot of hype.

Oh twelve books in all ~_~ seems like so many. I was thinking about reading Twilight? The sales are there but it might just be alot of hype.

Yeah Twilight is definatly worth a read. They are bringing out the movie in a few months so you should definatly read the book before you see the movie.

We exist all over the world, speaking of Australia I went there this summer and met one of the vamp 'buddies' I had known online. I joked to him that I would have to come and meet him, but ironically I was on a trip of a lifetime over there and decided hey why not?! If you are thinking of the movies, draining the victims to death, garlic, holy water, the light, bats, fangs, coffins, stakes, silver bullets...all of that is fictional. Basically everything about a 'vampire' is unrealistic, and real vampires are quite boring ha-ha...just like real pirates.

There were already some good sites listed on some of the other threads...various times, so I would look at those first, or else I'd be writing page upon page.

But to answer some of your first questions

'Accounts' umm unless I am mistaken we don't murder people so we aren't in hiding nor do we have mug shots, unless of course you've been out drinking and get pulled over by the cops ha-ha

"How we die" Well, you can commit sucicide, drown in a bath tub, eat fast food for too long and have a heart attack, die of old age...basically we are mortal and die like everyone else, and usually we have more medical problems than most..I know shocker

Finally how we are made...well I could tell you the stork version, but I'll go with the other one. When a man loves a woman....ha-ha, no we aren't grown in some lab, we have parents! Sorry, I can't turn you into a vampire or give you the skin you've always wanted, you'll still have to keep on using that proactive. O, tip biting isn't sexy, unless you like pain + infection...which we all know equals hot! I don't know about you, but when I see that infection turn scabby and green oo what a turn on!

We are real people with real lives, that have kids and oo real shock can be Catholic! ha-ha But I could say I am allergic to holy water just so I can get out of church :P O, and the cape just is soooo last century, I think deep blue really compliments my skin with a nice pair of trousers, Stacey and Clinton would be so proud of me ^^

Two different types of vamps psi/sang...he can tell you to read a bible, but geshh I don't know about you but you don't have to make evvvvvvvvverything religious...what happened to sitting down and just being happy with your little ham sandwich!

Speaking of sandwhichs I have something a bit funny to say. Why the hell are people like just stake a vampire. No offense but if you ran a wooden/steel sharp object through anyone I think it would kill them or they were wishing they were dead. I mean please don't stake me, but I will have a rare steak haha...can order anytime you want for me

Edited by puridalan