Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

McCain camp accuses Obama of playing race

__Kratos__

RACINE, Wisconsin (Reuters) - Republican White House hopeful John McCain accused Democrat Barack Obama on Thursday of playing racial politics in some of the most biting back-and-forth of the presidential campaign.

The negative twist in the campaign for the November 4 election was prompted by a McCain television advertisement on Wednesday that called Obama a celebrity akin to star-crossed U.S. personalities Britney Spears and Paris Hilton.

In response, Obama said McCain was trying to scare voters away from him by pointing out he had "a funny name, and he doesn't look like all the presidents on the dollar bills and the five dollar bills."

Obama, whose father was Kenyan, would be the first black U.S. president. Only white men, most of them former presidents, are on U.S. paper currency.

"Barack Obama has played the race card, and he played it from the bottom of the deck. It's divisive, negative, shameful and wrong," McCain campaign manager Rick Davis said in a written statement.

McCain agreed with Davis, telling reporters he was "very disappointed" that Obama had used the race card.

"Race will not have any role in my campaign, nor is there any place for it. I'm disappointed that he's used it."

More of the article here: Link

--------------------------------------------------

But Obama... He's just a 'typical white person' like your grandma that you've yet to disown. :lol:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• InHuman

• __Kratos__

• danielost

• Startraveler

hmmm.. both sides play it.

Politicans also play the "poor card", the culture card, the religion card, the celeb card, and a whole bunch of other such nonsense that is just part of democracy.

Som1's gettin' snippy.

hmmm.. both sides play it.

Politicans also play the "poor card", the culture card, the religion card, the celeb card, and a whole bunch of other such nonsense that is just part of democracy.

Som1's gettin' snippy.

Yes but if you don't vote for obama your a racists.

Yes but if you don't vote for obama your a racists.

:rolleyes::sleepy:

And if you DO vote for him, you're also a racist. amirite?

Saying it dosn't make it true, and you obviously don't bother reading posts.

Edited by InHuman

:rolleyes::sleepy:

And if you DO vote for him, you're also a racist. amirite?

Saying it dosn't make it true, and you obviously don't bother reading posts.

I don't think Mccain can make that claim or will. But Obama will he already has.

I don't think Mccain can make that claim or will. But Obama will he already has.

Where/when?

And the Mccain camp have been throwing that around for many months, they say that the poor blacks/minorities that vote for him JUST because he isn't white are racist.

Where/when?

And the Mccain camp have been throwing that around for many months, they say that the poor blacks/minorities that vote for him JUST because he isn't white are racist.

hilley said that.

no different that McCain playing the 'hero' card.

But he is a hero.

The only reason I am backing McCain is he is the lesser of two evils. Although it is almost to close to call.

Edited by danielost

hilley said that.

But he is a hero.

The only reason I am backing McCain is he is the lesser of two evils. Although it is almost to close to call.

but plenty won't vote for Obama solely on his being black. I'm not voting for McCain because he's a bush wanna be. he's flipped flopped more than a trout on issues.

hilley said that.

But he is a hero.

So what do you make of the people who DONT vote for him? Unamericans?

Just don't vote if thats your mindset. There is no "lesser of two evils"... theres idependents that would love your vote..

no different that McCain playing the 'hero' card.

Hmm... Wanting to be the commander and chief including the military... That would seem on topic to the situation! :rolleyes:

And of course he is a hero.

It is a whole lot different because being black or having a funny name has nothing to do with being president.

but plenty won't vote for Obama solely on his being black.

But even more of blacks will vote for Obama soley because he is black. He has right now 90% of all black voters in support of him. That's much higher percentage of the minority of other voters who will simply vote against him for being black.

There is no "lesser of two evils"... theres idependents that would love your vote..

And waste your vote? :lol:

Just don't vote if thats your mindset. There is no "lesser of two evils"... theres idependents that would love your vote..

no not unamericans.

If I don't vote then I really don't have the right to complain about the problems.

If I don't vote then I really don't have the right to complain about the problems.

Find someone you WANT to vote for. Don't vote AGAINST.

But even more of blacks will vote for Obama soley because he is black. He has right now 90% of all black voters in support of him. That's much higher percentage of the minority of other voters who will simply vote against him for being black.

Can't get much more racist than that

Kerry pulled 88% of the black vote in 2004 and Gore took 90% in 2000. Newsflash: the black vote is overwhelmingly Democratic.

edit/ In case any of you are confused, John Kerry and Al Gore are white men.

Edited by Startraveler

Kerry pulled 88% of the black vote in 2004 and Gore took 90% in 2000. Newsflash: the black vote is overwhelmingly Democratic.

edit/ In case any of you are confused, John Kerry and Al Gore are white men.

BUT BHO IS BLACK! AND HE'S A MUSLIM EXTREMISTS! THEY ARE CHEATING!

Hmm... Wanting to be the commander and chief including the military... That would seem on topic to the situation! :rolleyes:

And of course he is a hero.

who doesn't know squat about the middle east. he confuses sunnis' and shia. doesn't know his boarders. ect ... no diplomacy backround. what good is his military backround if all it consists of is 20 bombing runs and time as a pow that he as many say was a songbird ?

It is a whole lot different because being black or having a funny name has nothing to do with being president.

blacks make up about 13% of the population. how many vote ? the number of those whites who wouldn't vote for a black person may well be just as high as the number of blacks voting.

The Republican shook his head. “You’re missing the most important one,” he said. “Race. McCain runs against Barack Obama and the race vote is worth maybe 15 percent to McCain.”

The man I was talking to is not a racist; he was just stating what he believes to be a fact: There is a percentage of the American electorate who will simply not vote for a black person no matter what his qualities or qualifications.

How big is that percentage? An AP-Yahoo poll conducted April 2-14 found that “about 8 percent of whites would be uncomfortable voting for a black for president.”

I don’t know if 8 percent sounds high or low to you, but I was amazed that 8 percent of respondents were willing to admit this to a pollster. And I figure that the true figure is much higher.

The same poll, by the way, found that 15 percent of voters think Obama is a Muslim. He is, in fact, a Christian. But thinking a person is a Muslim probably does not encourage you to vote for him in America today.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0408/9761.html

seems likely there will be more racists for McCain than blacks voting.

on the black vote -

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...8012602741.html

Edited by Lt_Ripley

who doesn't know squat about the middle east. he confuses sunnis' and shia. doesn't know his boarders. ect ... no diplomacy backround. what good is his military backround if all it consists of is 20 bombing runs and time as a pow that he as many say was a songbird ?

Once again you're taking a misspeak as literal. Something that you defend Obama against but on the other hand you use against McCain. And of course the big thing is the success of the support in Iraq and the surge that McCain was for.

Military background and his long history in public service is much better credits for most then Obama's short time in service. Experience is a good thing in many ways for higher office.

blacks make up about 13% of the population. how many vote ? the number of those whites who wouldn't vote for a black person may well be just as high as the number of blacks voting.

Perhaps it will be. Still doesn't make it right on either side to vote solely on skin color.

seems likely there will be more racists for McCain than blacks voting.

Perhaps so. That means also though racists voted for Hillary as well earlier this year.

Though people are going to vote against him if he keeps up this race baiting system. I can't see myself voting for him if he does this more in the future.

I see this latest "race" story a very sad attempt by the McCain camp to get anyone to listen to them. Make up a story to get attention.

I see this latest "race" story a very sad attempt by the McCain camp to get anyone to listen to them. Make up a story to get attention.

In response, Obama said McCain was trying to scare voters away from him by pointing out he had "a funny name, and he doesn't look like all the presidents on the dollar bills and the five dollar bills."

You gotta admit that that stuff (he's a muslim? HES BLACK!) IS being thrown around. But Mccain is not the one pushing it. He's bigger then that, but unfortunatley not every on his side is.

but plenty won't vote for Obama solely on his being black. I'm not voting for McCain because he's a bush wanna be. he's flipped flopped more than a trout on issues.

Please, Obama has flipped and flopped his whole campaign, The Black voter's are against Obama, maybe you haven't seen my other post on the Preacher who wants all Black Americans to boycott Oprah and most News stations because they are leaning to wards Obama, I can put that video on here... http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3cd_1217190878

You gotta admit that that stuff (he's a muslim? HES BLACK!) IS being thrown around. But Mccain is not the one pushing it. He's bigger then that, but unfortunatley not every on his side is.

It is but that's not an excuse to drop the race card.

(he's a muslim? HES BLACK!)

Hmm? Muslims are of all races and genders.