Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mad Trucker of Copicut Road

DisolvedGirl

I recently visited Copicut Woods and my firends and I drove through. There wasn't much that we experienced except the whole time, I had a strange, uneasy feeling. When we reached the end of the dirt road, we noticed that there were these bright blue headlights behind us. It looked as though they were coming from a huge truck. My friend mentioned how it looked like a Mack truck or something because it seemed so big. He said that it looked like it had orange lights on the top of it, which I didn't see. What was funny and creepy about the whole thing was that it wasn't behind us the whole time and as soon as it was behind us, it pretty much vanished. There wasn't a place for a car to pull over unless it pulled into a driveway at the end of the forest. The really weird thing was that we couldn't find our way to the road to get home, so when we turned around to go back through the path, we didn't see any large vehicle anywere...in a driveway or anywhere in the woods. I researched about the woods and the mysterious lights the next day, which led me to this site. I was curious to know if anyone had any similar experiences or knew anything about it because it scared me.

I recently visited Copicut Woods and my firends and I drove through. There wasn't much that we experienced except the whole time, I had a strange, uneasy feeling. When we reached the end of the dirt road, we noticed that there were these bright blue headlights behind us. It looked as though they were coming from a huge truck. My friend mentioned how it looked like a Mack truck or something because it seemed so big. He said that it looked like it had orange lights on the top of it, which I didn't see. What was funny and creepy about the whole thing was that it wasn't behind us the whole time and as soon as it was behind us, it pretty much vanished. There wasn't a place for a car to pull over unless it pulled into a driveway at the end of the forest. The really weird thing was that we couldn't find our way to the road to get home, so when we turned around to go back through the path, we didn't see any large vehicle anywere...in a driveway or anywhere in the woods. I researched about the woods and the mysterious lights the next day, which led me to this site. I was curious to know if anyone had any similar experiences or knew anything about it because it scared me.

Hmm where is copicut woods located?

perhaps its the ghosts of a dead trucker?

• 9 years later...

so i see this thread is 9 y/o,so I have no idea if you are even still around            but it gave me chills reading it.

I went down that same road with my daughter in Feb and there was no one around. No one.

We were in my wifes minivan and I was up for some adventure, so we entered at the fire ranger side and wound our way up to the top and turned left onto Copicut rd.

The massive whoops were ice/slush filled and every crossing in the Sienna was a white knuckle experience, the road narrows as you get closer to the reservoir and  we became increasinly commited to seeing the road thru with each crossing of the deep wide rock filled  puddles.

We eventually reached one that i decided we would not be able to get thru so i reluctantly turned around to go thru all these again 

I got out to assess the turn around situation and recall a distinctly creepy feeling ,very odd, because I had known nothing of others accounts of this before going there,but when I go out at that last slush puddle I looked around in the dense woods flanking the road and realized I was out here alone in a Toyota minivan with my daughter potentially getting stuck and a really eerie feeling overcame me.

We turned around and crossed thru some slush puddles and looking in my mirror I saw about 100 yards behind me what appeared to be a pickup with alot of lights on. All I thought at the time was that it was odd that as soon as we turned around this thing appeard( we hadnt seen any thing anywhere prior to this) .........crossed another puddle and i wanted to see if this guy was gaining on me and Id have to do a turnout so he could pass.when I checked, it was gone,no more truck ,no more lights.

There were no cross roads behind us and it is single track passage at the south end of this road,I want to say we were almost to the power lines heading south before turning around.

Read your story and created an account on this website just so I could reply to your account of this.

WEIRd........RC

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wes4747 said:

So... Where is copicut road?

Mass apparently. The OP's story is in the article below: 

THE TWISTED ROADS OF THE BRIDGEWATER TRIANGLE

Many of the "otherworldly" encounters people experience in Bridgewater Triangle happen on dark, wooded country roads. My very unique first experience of the Bridgewater Triangle happened on the midnight-darkened roads of Bridgewater, Middleboro and Lakeville. I knew nothing about the Bridgewater Triangle at the time.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...