Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What are you reading?

Naveed

• 2 weeks later...

The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie. I'm only 200 pages in and the book is the first of a trilogy, but I have to say that he writes brilliantly and the story has me hooked. It reminds me of A Song of Ice and Fire. Dark, gritty, brilliantly written, flawed characters. Every time I think I've read the best of the fantasy genre I find myself another gem. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a few chapters into The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. The writing is beautiful and descriptive. So far so good.

Just finished Bag of Bones by Stephen King. I read it years ago and loved it but I find that I wasn't as into it this time around. It was good, just not the enthralling page turner I remembered it to be.

• 2 weeks later...

At the moment I'm reading IT by Stephen King. There's several books I bought over the last few months and been spending a lot of time reading. :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WhispersInTheAttic said:

At the moment I'm reading IT by Stephen King. There's several books I bought over the last few months and been spending a lot of time reading. :)

Loved the book, hated the movie. (haven't seen the remake) I read it probably close to ten years ago though..wouldn't mind reading it again. 

I've been reading about ammunition explosions. Quite interesting. 

On 10/6/2017 at 10:39 PM, WhispersInTheAttic said:

Whenever I see that I keep thinking it means IT as in Information Technology. I'm sure people will agree there'd be plenty of scope for a horror movie about a IT help desk.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2017 at 10:59 PM, kmt_sesh said:

I just bought the book and it's sitting on my nightstand, waiting for attention. Right now I'm reading a pretty good John Sanford novel and want to finish that first. I'm also a big fan of Preston and Child and have taken a liking to the Jeremy Logan character, so I look forward to reading it. Oh, yes, it's Full Wolf Moon.

I've heard it's about werewolves. That's not a subject that's of much interest to me, but Preston and/or Child could make a book on mowing the lawn fascinating, so I'm remaining open minded.

Just started Lincoln Child "The Forgotten Room". It features Jeremy Logan also. Interesting beginning. This one should be good!

56 minutes ago, susieice said:

Just started Lincoln Child "The Forgotten Room". It features Jeremy Logan also. Interesting beginning. This one should be good!

I read that one some time ago. It's a good book. And I ended up enjoying Full Wolf Moon.

• Like 1

Just bought Preston and Child "The Ice Limit". Already read "Beyond The Ice Limit" and really enjoyed it. Now to see how it all began after I finish Child's book.

8 minutes ago, susieice said:

Just bought Preston and Child "The Ice Limit". Already read "Beyond The Ice Limit" and really enjoyed it. Now to see how it all began after I finish Child's book.

Another good one, indeed.

LOL Sorry, I read too much, especially where Preston and Child are concerned.

And a new Pendergast novel is due to be released in mind-January. That almost makes winter bearable. Almost.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kmt_sesh said:

Another good one, indeed.

LOL Sorry, I read too much, especially where Preston and Child are concerned.

And a new Pendergast novel is due to be released in mind-January. That almost makes winter bearable. Almost.

I'm as bad as you. lol. I have every Pendergast book from Relic to The Obsidian Room and the three Gideon books in my bookcase. A lot of their individual books also. I find Child's books a little harder to find than Preston's. Will be anxiously awaiting the new Pendergast novel this winter!

There's another one coming out just before Christmas. Looks like it's just kindle.

https://www.amazon.com/Gone-Fishing-Douglas-Preston-ebook/dp/B076H5KB7W/ref=sr_1_35?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1508733697&sr=1-35&refinements=p_27%3ALincoln+Child

Edited by susieice

I've recently bought 'The Urantia Book' (by various authors), because someone mentioned it in an UM thread and it sounded interesting. It's 2,000+ pages long and weighs a ton ..... not sure how far I'll get with it! :lol: Has anyone here read it(or part of it)?

Jack Kerouac on the road.pretty good so far.

• Like 1

I'm just about to start reading the proofs of my next book. The problem is, I know all the twists!

''Strategic analysis of the imposed war in Yemen'' by Zlatko Dizdarevich and Hajrudin Somun

Some 70 pages so it's short book which describes internal and external factors which lead to war in Yemen.

• 4 weeks later...

Currently 3/4 through Oathbringer, the newest Stormlight Archive book by Brandon Sanderson. It's pretty good but I get distracted easily due to it being the audiobook version. I'll definitely be reading it sometime soon though and hopefully I enjoy the experience more.

I just finished How to Hang a Witch and am now reading The Lesser Dead and The Jesus Man. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

https://www.prestonchild.com/books/endlessnight/City-of-Endless-Night;art558,604

City of Endless Night is the 17th in the Agent Pendergast series by my favorite authors, Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. Have many of their individual books along with the four of another series they write.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, susieice said:

https://www.prestonchild.com/books/endlessnight/City-of-Endless-Night;art558,604

City of Endless Night is the 17th in the Agent Pendergast series by my favorite authors, Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. Have many of their individual books along with the four of another series they write.

Heh-heh. I'm reading the same book, and they're also my favorite authors. Gotta have me some Agent Pendergast! I've really been enjoying it.

• Like 1

I am reading '5:2 Your Life. The fast way to get your life in shape'...................................... :unsure:........... I'll let you know how I get on(as Vlad the Mighty would say).

Recently finished 'The Break' by Marian Keyes, which was amazing. She is such a brilliant observer of the human condition.