Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What are you reading?

Naveed

The Pharmako/Poeia trilogy by Dale Pendell

Robert Ludlum: The Bourne Identity.

^^^But unlike the film they took liberties with Carlos The Jackal...

Nightfall by Isaac Asimov :tsu:

• Like 1

The Gods Themselves - Isaac Asimov

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk last night.

I'm currently on Fear and Loathing: On The Campaign Trail '72 by Hunter S. Thompson!

The Queen of the Damned - Anne Rice

It's been five years since I've read anything by her and holy moly I have missed these characters.

Finished reading the Vampires Acadamy books..

about to finish Alice in Wonderland & Through the looking-glass by L. Carroll.

Also time to time I read super freakanomics

Coming soon... (once I buy them) *drum roll*....... Game of Thrones.. :)

I've just started with Pioneer Children on the Journey West.

From early on in the book:

"The stories of the youngsters on the emigrant trials are a remarkable testimony to the resiliency of the human spirit, for the hardships they encountered were unusual...As one reads their narratives, one cannot help but be deeply impressed by the children's hardiness. Their eye-witness accounts tell of enduring qualities that helped them overcome the odds: competence and self-reliance, curiosity and determination, enthusiasm and cheerfulness, concern for the needs of others, and a sense of responsibility far beyond their years. Above all, they shared a faith that things would work out well for them in the end- a faith that sustained them and gave meaning to their lives."

I'm going through Amristead Maupin at the moment, I'm now onto Further Tales of the City. I've nearly finished Charlaine Harris, so I needed to move on to something else.

The Samson Option: Israel's Nuclear Arsenal And American Foreign Policy by Seymour M Hersh.

An engrossing read.

I was reading The Coldest Winter Ever by Sister Souljah

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished The Samson Option by Seymour M Hersh. Fantastic read and I thought I'd share the Author's Note at the front of the book:

This is a book about how Israel became a nuclear power in secret. It also tells how that secret was shared, sanctioned, and, at times, willfully ignored by the top political and military officials of the United States since the Eisenhower years.

In it, you will find many senior American officials being quoted - most of them for the first time - about what they knew and when they knew it. These officials spoke to me not because of animosity toward the Israeli government, but because they realized the hypocrisy of the American policy of publicly pretending that Israel's nuclear arsenal does not exist. That policy remains in effect as this is written.

I chose not to go to Israe while doing research for this book. For one thing, those Israelis who were willing to talk to me were far more accessible and open when interviewed in Washington, New York, or, in some cases, Europe. Furthermore, Israel subjects all journalists, domestic and foreign, to censorship. Under Israeli rules, all material produced by journalists in Israel must be submitted to military censors, who have the right to make changes and deletions if they perceive a threat to Israeli national security. I could not, for obvious reasons, submit to Israeli censorship. Those in the past who have broken the rules have been refused reentry to Israel.

Those Israelis who talked were not critics of Israel's nuclear capability, nor would they feel secure without the bomb. They spoke because they believe a full and open discussion of the Israeli nuclear arsenal - and of the consequences of its deployment - is essential in a democratic society.

Seymour M Hersh

August 1991

Washington, D.C.

I am now reading Israel's Lebanon War: The First Inside Account Of A Disasterous Military Adventure And Its Ongoing Consequences by Ze'ev Schiff and Ehud Ya'ari

Here is piece from this book's forward:

Not all of what we intended to publish in this book was cleared by the Israeli military censor, to whom we were obligated to submit the manuscript. The excisions have not, in our view, changed the gist or spirit of the final product, though occassionally they cut deeply into the substance of our argument. We are convinced, however, that in the course of time a reappraisal of what does and does not prejudice the true interests of national security will result in the release of the presently classified material.

Ze'ev Schiff

Ehud Ya'ari

March 1984

Jerusalem, Washington

The Castle, by Franz Kafka. It's online in PDF as are all of his stories. That's good as I can't find the real book. I'd much rather have a real book.

Odd Apocalypse - Dean Koontz

Inferno by Dan Brown

Best Kept Secret by Jeffrey Archer

Keep it pithy by Bill O'Reilly.

dream-quest of unknown kadath by H.P. Lovecraft

• 1 month later...

I have been adsent recently from this wonderful site offering diverse and eclectic world views.

But in my absence I have just been reading an amazing author, Stephen J Green, whose cited sources are largely declassified documents and personal contacts in the government and across the globe.

His books Taking Sides and Living By The Sword are truly eyeopening and revealing with the real stories that failed to make the news for political and partisan reasons.

Important books which I list with 5 other books as essential reading to gain insight on America and its Middle East policies particularly Israel. The others are:

The Passionate Attachment by George W Ball

The Samson Option by Seymour M Hersh

Warriors Against Israel by Donald Neff

Warriors At Suez by Donald Neff

Warriors For Jerusalem by Donald Neff

This list of 7 books is by no means complete. But an excellent primer for those that want to hear the complete story, not just myths and partisan propaganda. I literally have six stapled together notebook pages worth of listed books and titles on this subject. I am sure there will be deletions and additions along the way.

Speaking of the latter,

Ben-Gurion's Scandals: How The Haganah And The Mossad Eliminated Jews by Naeim Giladi

Comrades And Enemies: The Arab And Jewish Workers In Palestine, 1906-1948 by Zachery Lockman

The General's Son: The Journey Of An Israeli In Palestine by Miko Peled

Jewish Terrorism In Israel {Columbia Studies In Terrorism And Irregular Warfare) by Ami Pedahzur

Land, Labor, And The Origins Of The Israeli-Palestinian Conflict, 1882-1914 by Gershon Shafir

Might Over Right: How The Zionists Took Over Palestine by Adel Safty

The Transfer Agreement: The Dramatic Story Of The Pact Between The Third Reich And Jewish Palestine by Edwin Black

Under The Cover Of War: The Zionist Expulsion Of Palestinians by Rosemarie M Esber

Warriors Of God: Inside Hezbollah's 30 Year Struggle Against Israel by Nicholas Blanford

Edited by B Jenkins