Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 32
Naveed

What are you reading?

1,709 posts in this topic

Dragon Teeth by Michael Crichton was a decent read, but it honestly feels like the rough draft that it is. It's got a lot of potential and it would have been awesome if Crichton had gotten around to fleshing it out in his lifetime. I must say that it isn't very scientifically or historically accurate though, and it reduces Marsh and Cope (two very interesting people in real life) to mere caricatures.

The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie. I'm only 200 pages in and the book is the first of a trilogy, but I have to say that he writes brilliantly and the story has me hooked. It reminds me of A Song of Ice and Fire. Dark, gritty, brilliantly written, flawed characters. Every time I think I've read the best of the fantasy genre I find myself another gem. 

I'm a few chapters into The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. The writing is beautiful and descriptive. So far so good.

Just finished Bag of Bones by Stephen King. I read it years ago and loved it but I find that I wasn't as into it this time around. It was good, just not the enthralling page turner I remembered it to be.

At the moment I'm reading IT by Stephen King. There's several books I bought over the last few months and been spending a lot of time reading. :)

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, WhispersInTheAttic said:

At the moment I'm reading IT by Stephen King. There's several books I bought over the last few months and been spending a lot of time reading. :)

Loved the book, hated the movie. (haven't seen the remake) I read it probably close to ten years ago though..wouldn't mind reading it again. 

I'm reading Stranger is a Strange Land by Heinlein. It is interesting how they thought the future would go... technologically... back in 1961. 

1 person likes this

I've been reading about ammunition explosions. Quite interesting. 

On 10/6/2017 at 10:39 PM, WhispersInTheAttic said:

Whenever I see that I keep thinking it means IT as in Information Technology. I'm sure people will agree there'd be plenty of scope for a horror movie about a IT help desk.