Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
UM-Bot

How grimoires work

7 posts in this topic

news icon rAnthony North: A grimoire can be best described as an occult book of instruction. Describing systems for invoking demons, mastering divination and detailing magical spells, they are instruction manuals for gaining magical powers.

Becoming popular in the Middle Ages, the name comes from the Greek, "grammatikos', meaning "relating to letters'.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Beyond the Blog

A grimoire can be best described as an occult book of instruction. It bothers me, to see the "occult book"...I will have describe it as" a grimoire can be best described a a book of instruction on "occult"

A grimoire can be best described as an occult book of instruction. It bothers me, to see the "occult book"...I will have describe it as" a grimoire can be best described a a book of instruction on "occult"

A grimoire is at first a journal kept daily listing experiments of various recipes, until it turned into the finished project, a recipe book of a sort.... Occult meaning hidden.

grimoires are just like the books of shadows in wiccan religion

It is a book where you may find the different concepts and philosophies of magick, enchantment, spellworking, summoning spirits,traditions of witchcraft, incantation, potions & recipes, herbs, oils, incense, rituals, and all related subjects.

Also the best place to find the best chocolate chip cookies recipes.

So the Bible is a grimoire!

NICE!

I wouldn't really call the Bible a grimore, it doesn't tell you how to cast spells or conjure anything. there was pope who wrote a grimore that explains how to summon angels and stuff. Pope Honorius.