Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Find yourself in someone elses body in sleep?

darkbreed

12 hours ago, joc said:

So what we are talking about is one's own Consciousness leaving one's own body and living in the body of another person temporarily.  Just to be clear:

The problem is that they cannot prove that occurrence happened or that it is even possible.  They cannot prove it because it isn't real.

I do not have to prove that they didn't leave their body.  What you are really saying is that I cannot prove a negative...to which I concur absolutely.   Nor do I think my words will change anyone's beliefs.  

Like I said, I live in the real world...and in the real world...there exist some people who are delusional.  I simply point out the delusion.  It is a statement of fact and not intended to dissuade them from their delusion.  

I find someone basing conclusions on a complete lack of any kind of proof of their claims (they didn't leave their bodies) equally delusional, equally faith-based. Nothing is a "statement of fact" that can't be proven.

Edited by Hammerclaw

16 hours ago, XenoFish said:

So you claim. You are no more anchored in reality than anyone else. You're just pretending that you are. Acting as if you are the only one with the truth. So hollow, so empty. I once knew what it was like to be dead inside. Glad I am not you, so little imagination.

Wow!  You have some personal problems.  Good luck with that!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

I find someone basing conclusions on a complete lack of any kind of proof of their claims (they didn't leave their bodies) equally delusional, equally faith-based. Nothing is a "statement of fact" that can't be proven.

I get that.  But you also come from the idea that anything is possible.  My thought process stems from the idea that some things are possible and some things just aren't.  It's  the Laws of Physics vs God Conceptualization.

Nothing  wrong with God Conceptualization.  But I prefer the Laws of Physics idea of reality.  I prefer it because it makes sense to me.  How a virgin could bec ome pregnant for example.  That is, With God All Things Are Possible thinking.  Laws of Physics thinking is that, in order for a woman to become pregnant...a male human sperm must penetrate a female human egg.  Forget cloning.  It didn't exist 2000 years ago.  Somethings are plausible and some things just aren't.  The proof is found in the degree of plausibility.  

Edited by joc

16 hours ago, lightly said:

I envy your logical outlook :)  i complicate everything.     As for The Truth being the truth..that’s true I guess, except for truth that hasn’t happened yet!?      There has been a lot thought and written about our thoughts  (and resultant responses & re-actions)   having an effect on shaping ,changing, our future reality/truth?     But, ya, I guess your talking more about ultimate ,unchangeable, truth..demonstrable fact .  ?         As for connection, I reckon life and the universe IS connection & interaction.   Not an entirely unconnected collection of entirely separate     things.    ??

You are making it all too complicated.  It's pretty simple actually.  Did Jesus walk on the water?  Some say yes.  Some say no.  The one's who say yes also say with God all things are possible...the one's who say no say it is impossible for a human to walk on top of the surface of water.  Who to believe?  

The truth of the matter is ....Jesus either walked on the surface of the Ocean or he did not.  One of those statements is true.  Whatever the truth of the matter was is what the truth was and still is.   Another example:  Did an asteroid kill the dinosaurs?  Some say yes.  Some say no.  The one's who say no also say nobody was there and they cannot know so they are just making it up based on scientific blah, blah.  The one's who say yes...say so because of the geological evidence that points no where else except to that conclusion.  Who to believe?  An asteroid either hit the Earth and killed all the dinosaurs...or it did not.  One of those statements is true.  Regardless of whether you believe one or the other...what happened happened and what happened is the truth...regardless of belief.

So, from my perspective, the best way to determine the truth is through the What makes sense and what is not plausible filter.

Edited by joc
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, lightly said:

As for connection, I reckon life and the universe IS connection & interaction.   Not an entirely unconnected collection of entirely separate     things.    ??

Complete speculation here:  Suppose for a moment the Universe Trillions of years from now...was entirely sucked into a Black Hole...

...all of the energy of the Universe in one very small, very intense, very unstable black hole.  And then  something akin to Big Bang... 

...suddenly the Universe is reborn...and trillions of years later...it is sucked into a black hole, so small.....

is the Universe connected?  Through out the Universe between the stars there exists something that we cannot really identify.  We call it Space.  But what is it really? Is it an infinite ocean of dark matter?  Suppose it was.  In the real oceans of Earth, Whales can communicate 1000s of miles away from each other.

Researchers estimate that some of the lowest frequency sounds can travel through the ocean as far as 10,000 miles without losing their energy

suppose in this infinite Universe...our thoughts are low frequency vibrations that travel throughout the cosmos...like your blood cells travel from your heart to every part of your body with every single pump of your heart muscle. 

There is a lot we cannot explain.  I am not attempting to explain anything except what is practical, logical, and plausible.  In the future our understanding of Space may contain incredible revelations of truth.  and then  we can run with the truth of what Space is and how anything Ethereal may work.  And who knows  who is right and who is wrong?    But the mind is a fascinating thing...memories, which are of a physical nature, thoughts, which are of a physical nature, emotions, also of a physical nature.  Is there anything in our brains that is not physical?  I think not.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joc said:

Wow!  You have some personal problems.  Good luck with that!

So long as I never turn into you all will be perfectly fine. :tu:

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

So long as I never turn into you all will be perfectly fine. :tu:

When I say you have a personal problem...that is exactly what I mean...a Personal problem...the problem you have is that you make things personal to the other person that doesn't agree with you.  I don't agree with you on the Reality Tunnel.  Those were not your original thoughts...you literally read someone else's thought process and you totally agree with it apparently.  I don't.  That is really no reason to attack me.  But hey, that's your thing...not mine.  You want to make it personal ...go ahead...it isn't personal with me.  

Edited to say:  Don't worry...you could never turn into me!  When I made me, I broke the mold.  Good luck with your personality crisis!

Edited by joc

3 hours ago, joc said:

You are making it all too complicated.  It's pretty simple actually.  Did Jesus walk on the water?  Some say yes.  Some say no.  The one's who say yes also say with God all things are possible...the one's who say no say it is impossible for a human to walk on top of the surface of water.  Who to believe?  

The truth of the matter is ....Jesus either walked on the surface of the Ocean or he did not.  One of those statements is true.  Whatever the truth of the matter was is what the truth was and still is.   ..(true;)

So, from my perspective, the best way to determine the truth is through the What makes sense and what is not plausible filter.

from^ :  Did Jesus walk on the water?  Some say yes.  Some say no. 
        I say, i don’t know.   I don’t know if there was a Jesus..  if there was ,I don’t know if he was seen walking on the water ,by some guys in a boat, or if he was seen walking on the beach and ,to them, it looked that way. 

And:  The truth of the matter is ....Jesus either walked on the surface of the Ocean or he did not.  One of those statements is true. 
         I say, it might be a good story, or a true story.        Oh oh !   that sounds dangerously close to a belief!* ^ :P
you raise some interesting thoughts about the nature of thought.  I liken thought to a form of electricity, so, basically Light.   I guess light is physical, but has no mass or volume.  
   “ is the universe connected”.       I say yes..just a hunch.     Interesting you mention “low frequencies”. .. I can sense low frequencies FAR below the range of  normal human hearing :P

Edited by lightly

39 minutes ago, lightly said:

from^ :  Did Jesus walk on the water?  Some say yes.  Some say no. 
        I say, i don’t know.   I don’t know if there was a Jesus..  if there was ,I don’t know if he was seen walking on the water ,by some guys in a boat, or if he was seen walking on the beach and ,to them, it looked that way. 

And:  The truth of the matter is ....Jesus either walked on the surface of the Ocean or he did not.  One of those statements is true. 
         I say, it might be a good story, or a true story.        Oh oh !   that sounds dangerously close to a belief!* ^ :P
you raise some interesting thoughts about the nature of thought.  I liken thought to a form of electricity, so, basically Light.   I guess light is physical, but has no mass or volume.  
   “ is the universe connected”.       I say yes..just a hunch.     Interesting you mention “low frequencies”. .. I can sense low frequencies FAR below the range of  normal human hearing :P

So let's review the question of Jesus walking on water.  The question now is:  Is it possible for a human to walk on the surface of the ocean.  No, it is not possible.  The Laws of Physics you know.  Weight and water displacement. 

Thoughts are physical things.  I am not a neuro-scientist or anything of the sort.  But what I think I understand is that thoughts are electrical impulses transmitted from neurons in our brain...All of our senses are electrical impulses in our brain which create a chemical reaction.  I tend to see that reaction like this:   Thankfully I was grounded, but I did actually once touch the positive and negative circuits on a dishwasher with a screw driver.  Here is what happened:  A very loud noise...smoke...and everything around the circuit including the lower portion of the screw driver were black.

I think in the same manner thoughts are formed, memories are created and stored, and the ability therefore to 'remember' things from one second to the next is accomplished.  What I understand is the chemical (neurotransmitter) Acetylcholine basically 'coats' the electrical impulse and it becomes imbedded in the nuerocortex.  That electrical impulse imbedded in the nuerocortex is connected to various neuron paths throughout the cortex.  

So basically, consciousness then is the actual awareness of what is going on around us.  If we do not know...if we are unconscious...we have no consciousness.  If consciousness then is created by bio, electrical, chemical impulses in our brain...then our consciousness is actually imbedded in the fibres of the neurocortex (the grey matter) that brainy looking part of our brain.  It is completely physical.  Where does the hologram go when the hologram machine is turned off?  

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 8/14/2008 at 6:17 PM, darkbreed said:

As I have experienced traveling to other worlds and taking over someone elses body there and being able to stay there for up to several days at a time, fully conscious and aware, knowing that I am out of my body and in someone elses (at least apparently someone elses body, perhaps it is another aspect of ourselves) and exploring realms as "someone else" I've started this thread to ask how many others have similar experiences. The reason I wanted to start a thread about this specifically is because several other people have contacted me during some time telling stories so similar to my own that I see a pattern forming, and it seems to be more common than I thought.

My last experience was some days ago. I will tell the short story, I went to bed and "woke up" completely disoriented in a ship somewhere, and had no idea what was going on at the moment. I was completely aware of myself, but I had some problems staying up and walking around, it was like I was drunk and my body didn't respond correctly even though my mind was clear. Some guy asked me if everything was fine, and got the doctor on the ship to come check me. To get things short, I was put to bed and the doctor spent the night there in a bed next to me to keep an eye on my condition. The morning after I woke up and had no problems with the "drunk" feeling anymore - and I started getting memories of the person I was there, flashes of having had some beers the night before with some other mates on the ship, and other things (in reality I had no beers or drugs of any kind before going to bed and experiencing this).

I got up and went out and met a girl that I found myself deeply connected to even though I had no idea who she was or why, but I assumed she must been the girlfriend of the guy I was currently "posessing". I tried act as nothing and just "played along" to not make anyone suspicious, and I didnt really have time to try figure out much either as it turned out we were in a war, and our ship were being chased by a bomber airplane. It dropped a bomb but missed us, and eventually we ended up in a river, and I thought "no way this ship will make it throuh this rocky river", and it didnt take long until the big ship got stuck there and we had to hurry up on the shores as another bomb was dropping down towards us, just managed to jump over a hill close to the shores and the bomb blew up and a lot of water and rocks and stuff came splashing down around us as we ran in to the woods.

After some time we came to some sort of camp, we met other allies there, and spent our night there. The day after it turned out the group I was with had decided to cross the borders and get to another country nearby, but I didnt have the passport or papers in order so the customs denied me entrance. A bit later the girls parents came up in the camp and they were some kind of jewish "bishops" (dunno what they call it) dressed all up in fancy red clothes and wearing sort of hats with a crown and a big Star of David on top etc. Almost like a king and a queen, and the girl didnt want to leave without me, and her parents had a lot of power and got the customs to agree that they would arrange some papers for me so I could leave in a couple days. The rest of the group left, the girl stayed with me to travel together with me.

All the time I was completely aware of myself, and that in "reality" I was in bed and I could sort of shift back and forth the focus between myself physically in my bed here, and my other "self" there in whatever place I was. We were still in that camp, and it got attacked, soldiers came. I ran and tried to hide in a room in some cabin but found it difficult because I had a huge backpack of some sort on me that was in the way, so I couldnt get under the bed or behind the sofa etc, I ended up under a table in a really silly position that was extremely easy to spot as parts of me and the backpack was sticking out from it. I looked out through a window from where I was laying and up in the mountains outside some soldiers were running and one of them spotted me and pointed down towards me.

Moments later a soldier came crashing into the cabin but I managed to throw a knife in his chest and grab his machine gun and run away. The girl was no longer with me at this point and things were pretty chaotic and I tried to get the heck out of there. I managed to run away, had to fight a couple soldiers, one I killed with an axe after my ammo was out. I found a tunnel in the mountain that I ran into, and I came to some really strange place. Here everything was very clean, sterile and "high tech", with strange devices around and some doors. Suddenly one of the doors opened and an older man came out and I got scared and threw the axe right in his chest. To my surprise he just laughed and said "You know you can't kill me. And you are on my side." Then he put some sort of liquid on the wound and it instantly healed. And as I was running away from him I heard him say something like "You know that you will be back!" and this is pretty much the end as the doorbell rang and I had to get back to my physical body here and go answer it.

Well it got a bit long anyway even though I tried to cook it down but many things happened as I spent a couple days in this other world.

In any case, the point is that I've had experiences like this a couple times now, where I end up in some other world/place, in someone "elses" body, with people I don't know etc yet they know me and it all seems to be like I am in someone elses body.

So, I'm wondering, who else here got similar experiences, where they enter other worlds in other peoples bodies yet stay aware and conscious of their "real" self here? What is your experiences like? How often did you have it happen, and what kind of situations did you experience? I once spent 3 days in a parallel world in someone elses body too, you can read about that experience here: http://mindsvision.blogspot.com/2007/01/my...e-universe.html

After my first experience I did not think I would ever experience something like that again, and at that point I theorized that I had entered some parallel version of myself's body in a parallel world by mistake due to the similarity between "me" here and "me" there so the body "there" would accept my soul from "here" as its soul from "there" for some reason, thinking it was a parallel world that was very close to this one due to many similarities. Though now I'm more unsure and have more questions than answers on what these experiences are. They are not normal astral projections, that is for sure. From both mine own experiences and the experiences some others have told me about, it seems we somehow have been able to take over someone elses body for a brief moment of time in what seems to be a physical world.

The purpose of this thread is to do some research on this as something apart from astral projection as I find it to be something completely different, and so does it seem the other people I've spoken to agree with. I kindly ask skeptics and people who've had no experiences with this to not post here as this thread is meant for us whom have had these experiences, and want to figure out what they are, and share our histories about such experiences, and compare similarities etc and try figure out some theories together based on our shared experiences on this topic what it is really all about.

So, with that introduction, I welcome anyone to be the first poster here and tell about their own experiences similar to this type.

Best reagards,

-Edward Alexander

You get tangled up a little with this topic.

Mind possession usually lasts mere seconds to minutes. Mayhaps hours, depending the willpower, degree of intent and, I might daresay "power level" of the psychic in contrast to the possessed vessel's own self individuality, psychic resilience, health stats (both physically and mentally) , biological sex and willpower.

When you've been mind scrying through an animal or human vessel's senses (eyes, ears, feeling of touch, et cetera) , no matter how stealthy you can astral project yourself into somebody's mind, the vessel always wound up sooner or later to feel amply weirded out and violated (especially humans. Animals who usually shares an affinity with the psychic doesn't mind for as long as it is consensual, because their species reflects your own personal or totemic "spirit animal") . As if their mind has been invaded. They don't even need to have some special aptitudes to sense your presence: their minds, spirits and bodies get simply and instinctively all warned out by the slighest threat or disturbance to their own individuality and free will. Hence why even people with little to no special potential can forebodes a psychic attack or ominous impression of getting targeted by the "evil eye" when it comes hovering around their lives.

And it's simply one hundredfold worse when you're plainly mind-possessing them entirely by melding with, co-fronting, adhering to a state of co-consciousness with or "treading" within their own psyches and personalities. It's an awfully unconfortable experience to both the psychic (or witch/wizard) and the poor human vessel, so I don't recommand it.

I had use of this ability at a fewer instances in my life. Most anytime accidentally.

Except that last time, some two years ago. When some silly attempt made by an young woman who claimed to be a witch (and kinda proved me at multiple very creepy instances that she wasn't being schizophrenic or running her imagination wild...) at love spellbinding me rebounded on her so badly that it ended up with me falling in trance and waking up driving across the road from the driver seat of her car, holding on the steering wheel for dear life with her hands (and I haaaate getting stuck in other people's bodies. Especially members of the opposite sex: it almost feels like tucking your manhood in, and having the remainder of your whole astral body corseted, compressed and remolded within a flash instant in a much smaller, frailer body. With all of those fleshy bits, moods, scents and organs no man has. Whom to shifting in core balance?? Ew) . Knowingly aware that I did not know how to drive, and that if I lost my ability to try tuning in with whatever sliver of knowledge she had in car driving left into my immediate memory, we were BOTH screwed. Royally screwed. But that's a whole another story.

No. What you describe seems to either resemble like a case of past lifetime memories that has been resurfacing in your dreams (whether they are yours, from your ancestor or from a blood or organ donator's ancestor remains a mystery) , or memories from some poor wandering soul that may have approached you at that time. Not that I ever heard of psychic time travel and mind possessing a human vessel backward or forward in time either.

Edited by CuriousEye