Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mindfray

flashing lights while trying to sleep

5 posts in this topic

I'm trying to see if this is a physical problem, or something else. here goes.

this happens only when im laying in bed with my eyes closed trying to sleep.

i get these blinding white flashes of light when my eyes are closed.

they are bright beyond anything i have seen , brighter than looking directly at the sun.

a few weeks ago the color was not white this time, it was yellow/gold.

that was the first time it was not white. i don't get the burn in effect you get when you stare at a lightbulb.

but when it happens it alarms me quite a bit.

I'm trying to see if this is a physical problem, or something else. here goes.

this happens only when im laying in bed with my eyes closed trying to sleep.

i get these blinding white flashes of light when my eyes are closed.

they are bright beyond anything i have seen , brighter than looking directly at the sun.

a few weeks ago the color was not white this time, it was yellow/gold.

that was the first time it was not white. i don't get the burn in effect you get when you stare at a lightbulb.

but when it happens it alarms me quite a bit.

I have this too. I was told it's something either psychological and/or physical, a brain thing. I have no links for info, but I'll go look.

They wake me up. Mine are always brilliant white.

I my be wrong but I assumed this is your brain trying to make sense out of the nerve signals still being sent to the brain. The Neurons appear as flashes. Most people see them and learn to ignore them.

Posted (edited)

I my be wrong but I assumed this is your brain trying to make sense out of the nerve signals still being sent to the brain. The Neurons appear as flashes. Most people see them and learn to ignore them.

Yeah, that sounds familiar to what I was told. because your brains electrical impulses and all. There's also an association with some ppl and mental illness with the flashes. I think I read it can also happen with certain (not all) brain tumors.

Edit: Spelluns!

Edited by Blondigeist

hi,

i also had this problem for quite a few months, it was like a very very bright photo flash, it used to wake me up!! also had this during the day.

it stopped about 3 years ago after i had 2 prolapsed discs in my neck. i think that if i had gone to a gp they may of picked up that something was touching on the nerves in my neck befor it got so bad, i ended up in bed for 7 months. i would advise you to seek medical advise.