Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Krishna Temple

PrettyAndCorrupt

Namaste everyone.

I am not sure if this is in the right section..if it is not the great moderators will move it to the right one!

Anyhow..My partner and I were talking about mysteries of the world, and we began to talk about Krishna. I am sure you are all familiar with him somewhat.

It is believed he lived on an Island outside of modern day Gujurat. Called Dwarka. Dwarka is surrounded in mystery itself..did it exist? Did it not exist? Is it all religious propaganda? Myth? Truth? Etc.

A temple from Dwarka is said to still exist, only on the main land of Gujurat. This temple is closed to the public and only one priest enters two times a day.

In the morning he brings a basket of fresh clothing items and food. He leaves and locks the doors behind him.

In the evening he returns to fetch the basket he left..clothing worn and food eaten. He does this everyday.

There is a myth that Krishna still exists in this temple..

If ANYONE knows ANYTHING about this..PLEASE let me know!

You can email me at : NirmalaMaya@aol.com

IM me on AIM at: BetiKaKalika

Thanks

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PsychicPenguin

• PrettyAndCorrupt

• Dementia

• buggyelfmaiden

If He's there then He really has to get out of that temple and do His job. It looks like Shiva is the only God that is working right now.

Thanks for the link, Still.

That link makes me think that perhaps some of Krishnas descendants live inside of the temple..and they are trying to preserve the bloodline, heheheheh.

I am an avid devotee of Shiva.

It seems that with the term "destruction" comes negative thought. All forces (Gods) are doing their job. But only a few hear them. We all know that at times our mother or father, or perhaps boss at work lecture us..but that doesnt mean we listen and take heed to the things they are saying wink2.giftongue.gif

It was predicted that in this age (Kaliyug) ignorance would reign over knowledge. It was also predicted that this ignorant age will last a VERY VERY long time.

Blah.

In Bhagavad-gita, Lord Krishna promises: "Whenever and wherever there is a decline in religious practice, O descendant of Bharata, and a predominant rise of irreligion--at that time I descend Myself. To deliver the pious and to annihilate the miscreants, as well as to reestablish the principles of religion, I Myself appear milleniumm after millenium."

Although eternal the Lord appears in specific circumstances out of mercy for His devotees. In fact, His principal biography, the Srimad Bhagavatam states, "the learned men describe the births and activities of the Unborn and Inactive." Therefore, although He appears within the material dimensions of time and space, He is most definitely not of it.

does that answer your question?

post-69-1078977251.gif

Most definatly, Buddy.

I do not know alot about the Vaisnava side of Hinduism. I believe in the Kaula Dharma we focus our attention on Shiva Shakti.

I just thought the mystery behind Krishna is interesting. The same with Rama and "Adams Bridge."

That link makes me think that perhaps some of Krishnas descendants live inside of the temple..and they are trying to preserve the bloodline, heheheheh.

Actually that is very interesting.. anybody here comes from India???

• 2 weeks later...

I do!

Regards to krishna living in the temple..i wont be suprised if he does, considering how bad the situation is outside..hell i would too crying.gif

Seroiusly though, thats just a rumour...most priests here are corrupt and rich beyond belief. The temple of Balaji which is situated in southern India, is currently the richest relegious entity in the world..even more than the Vatican. It had collected over 10 million dollars just through temple offerings by devotee's last year.

Comming back to the subject...the remains of an ancient civilization(estimated to be older than 1000 years) has been found near dwarka in the arabian sea, there have been talks about building a glass bubble or something by which people can see it...however, it would take years for that too materalize.

Funny but if anyone has read the mahabharta or the vedas..they talk about the warriors using weapons which exactly resemble the A-bomb, missiles and flying objects...and these scriptures are over 2000 years old.

Regards to krishna living in the temple..i wont be suprised if he does, considering how bad the situation is outside..hell i would too

LOL laugh.giflaugh.gif

Seroiusly though, thats just a rumour...most priests here are corrupt and rich beyond belief.

Oh.. really?? What is the requirement to be a Hindhu priest?? original.gifwink2.gifw00t.gif

I'm going there! tongue.gifthumbsup.gif

Funny but if anyone has read the mahabharta or the vedas..they talk about the warriors using weapons which exactly resemble the A-bomb, missiles and flying objects...and these scriptures are over 2000 years old.

blink.gif yup I noticed that too blink.gifblink.gif

I remember Arjuna's arrows that works just like the National Missile Defense System tongue.gif

Maybe the Atlanteans - Lemurians war really happened blink.gif

whatever.. you can find patterns in almost anything wink2.gif

Anyway I found this online edition of Mahabharata.. in English.. enjoy

http://www.hindubooks.org/books_by_rajaji/...eface/page1.htm

A few quotes -

"One time while King Citaketu was traveling in outer space on a brilliantly effulgent airplane given to him by Lord Vishnu, he saw Lord Siva..." "The arrows released by Lord Siva appeared like fiery beams emanating from the sun globe and covered the three residential airplanes, which could then no longer be seen."

Srimad Bhagavatam, Sixth Canto, Part 3

"His Saubha clung to the sky at a league's length...He threw at me rockets, missiles, spears, spikes, battle-axes, three-bladed javelins, flame-throwers, without pausing....The sky...seemed to hold a hundred suns, a hundred moons...and a hundred myriad stars. Neither day nor night could be made out, or the points of compass."

- The Mahabharata

"Gurkha, flying in his swift and powerful Vimana, hurled against the three cities of the Vrishnis and Andhakas a single projectile charged with all the power of the Universe. An incandescent column of smoke and flame as bright as the thousand suns rose in all its splendour...An iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death, which reduced to ashes the entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas....The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable. The hair and nails fell out; pottery broke without apparent cause, and the birds turned white....After a few hours all foodstuffs were infected.... To escape from this fire, the soldiers threw themselves in streams to wash themselves and their equipment..."

- The Mahabharata

Sounds a lot like an atomic bomb to me. blink.gif

"Cuka, flying on board a high-powered vimana, hurled on to the triple city a single projectile charged with all the power of the universe. An incandescent column of smoke and flame, as bright as ten thousand suns, rose in all the splendor... When the vimana returned to Earth, it looked like a splendid block of antimony resting on the ground."

- Mausola Purva

Theres a ton more. ph34r.gif

Oh.. really?? What is the requirement to be a Hindhu priest??   

I'm going there!  

Just learn to read and speak sanskrit and about 5000+ shlokas.. tongue.gif

Gurkha, flying in his swift and powerful Vimana, hurled against the three cities of the Vrishnis and Andhakas a single projectile charged with all the power of the Universe. An incandescent column of smoke and flame as bright as the thousand suns rose in all its splendour...An iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death, which reduced to ashes the entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas....The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable. The hair and nails fell out; pottery broke without apparent cause, and the birds turned white....After a few hours all foodstuffs were infected.... To escape from this fire, the soldiers threw themselves in streams to wash themselves and their equipment..."

Thats the exact aftermath when a guy uses the Bhramastra..or the ultimate weapon! blink.gif

Another thing..the use of this weapon was forbidden in normal circumstances. It was to be used only as the last option, cause the destruction caused by it was devastating. Not everyone had it, only a select few. There were 2 more weapons exactly like this and were called pashuramastra and narayanastra(the spellings would be wrong sad.gif ). All of these 3 were based on the 3 trinity's of hinduism..Bhrama-the creator, Vishnu- the preserver, and Shiva- the destroyer.

Edited by Dementia

I have never been too interested in Krsna and the Mahabharat..I am a very devout Shakta Saivite *bwahaha* And Krsna has never appealed to me. ::shrugs. Although I did find the legend to be interesting.

My partner also told me of a forever burning jyoti at the Siva temple in Katmandu. Weird.

My partner also told me of a forever burning jyoti at the Siva temple in Katmandu

as far as i know..that would be Jwala Devi temple in Jammu and kashmir. The godess is one of the 9 incarnations of the Devi...There exists an eternal flame in the temple which is situated on top of a mountain (like most famous indian temples). Legend has it..Akbar tried everything from pouring tons of water..to covering it with a solid iron lid to estinguish the flame..but failed to do so. It has been found that the area has a nice reserve of natural gas though disgust.gif

Btw..ever tried Bhang?..its a hallucinatary drug which comes from the same plant cannabis saltvia (i think the male species of the plant)..its distrubuted as a prasaad (similar to holy water in christanity) on Mahashivratri (Shiva's night)..its ten times more potent than any pot you use thumbsup.gif

.its ten times more potent than any pot you use

So is that how they wrote the story about atomic bombs??? huh.gif

Could be..but it would have been an awesome trip to come up with such a realistic description laugh.gif

Btw...Carl Segan talks about how the pygmies in africa only cultivate Cannabis cause it helps them pass the longer hours that they have to wait while hunting for food. He goes on to say..primative man might have done the same..which would have led to cultivation of other crops too, and as an end..to civilization as we know it!

Number one,

I do not smoke pot. Never have, nor do I ever intend to.

Number two, I do not experiment with hallucinogens or any other significant mind altering drugs. I do not like anything that alters my perception of reality. I have had bad experiences with this in the past, and would not like to revisit them.

Number three...

The temple is in KATMANDU. That would be in NEPAL. Not in Jammu and Kazhmir.

The name of the temple is Shree Pashupatinath temple original.gif

Sorry if I sound rude in the least. But certain things that were typed make me feel as if I am a novice when it comes to Hinduism..and I most certainly am not that original.gif

The Holi that I did not play

The night before bhang-inebriated we sat round the embers of the tongues of fire that had reached for the skies but an hour ago. Some one inquired about the novel I was writing. Some one else asked me to narrate the story. I began enthusiastically and went on till somebody exclaimed: “Your heroine is too good to be true.” I stopped the narration as some odd apocalypse hit me. I went to the niche where I had placed the 2000 and odd pages written in long hand stored in some 20 notebooks got them out and returned to the embers and threw them all in and suddenly the tongues leapt briefly again to consume my work. As I looked at the winking red embers mocking at me, I felt the colours dry up within me. I walked into the darkness ignoring my worried friends and cried.

I never played Holi again.

– DN Moorty

March 2000

Holi Memoirs

Number one,

I do not smoke pot. Never have, nor do I ever intend to.

Number two, I do not experiment with hallucinogens or any other significant mind altering drugs. I do not like anything that alters my perception of reality. I have had bad experiences with this in the past, and would not like to revisit them.

Number three...

Sorry if I sound rude in the least. But certain things that were typed make me feel as if I am a novice when it comes to Hinduism..and I most certainly am not that original.gif

The temple is in KATMANDU. That would be in NEPAL. Not in Jammu and Kazhmir.

The name of the temple is Shree Pashupatinath temple original.gif

Like i said, i thought you were talking about the temple in kashmir....i did not know about the one in Nepal...and i stand corrected original.gif

But certain things that were typed make me feel as if I am a novice when it comes to Hinduism..and I most certainly am not that original.gif

If for any reason i did make you feel that way, im extremely sorry sad.gif

I dont consider myself an expert or knowladgable about hinduism in anyway..but what iv written so far is true to what iv read and heard. For me Hinduism which is practiced today, is a very corrupt form. It preaches relegious intollerance..and outdated social evils. Hinduism is in no way like that..but has been detoriating for a long time. Buddhism was a reaction to the oppresion caused by the bhramin priests during the Gupta period..sadly, we dont have anything of that sort happening today.

I have practiced Hinduism for about..hmm..two years now.

I cannot even BEGIN to imagine the corruption of Hinduism in India as India is the third most corrupt nation on the Asian continent (which breaks my heart because I love India dearly.)

I got into a conversation once with a self proclaimed Hindu who stated that the varnas indicated racial superiority..when anyone educated on Hinduism knows different..just goes to show that anything can be twisted and corrupted.

I dont think Hinduism is as corrupt as Islam..but if things like no education keep going on in India..it will get that way sad.gif

There are so many things that can be taken out of context in Hinduism because it is so multifaceted...

From it, I personally have learned of peace. It has definatly been my savior.

Im abit rusty on my history..but The Rig Veda does talk about the caste system. However it does not preach racial superiority.

The Indian society was too be divided into 4 general catagory's or castes which was decided according to the type of work the person did. This caste system was hierarchial in nature too.

Kshatriya's

This was the warrior class..all kings,generals,soldiers,etc..belonged to this, and their basic duty was protection. They were given the highest position because of the very basic function they preformed.

Brahmins

They were the custodian of hindu religion..duties included performing religious rites and ceremonies. They were the educated class and were the means for mere mortals and the gods.

Vaishaya's

The merchant class

Shudra's

They performed duties which included scavenging, disposing dead bodies, and agricultre

This caste system was not at all rigid, and one could move up in the oder..that is it wasnt heirdiatary in nature..one's job decided his caste.

But as time went by..this system became rigid..and the brahmins became the most powerful amoung all the 4. Scholars like Manu..came and made laws which maintained the brahmical supermacy and in talked about female insubordination..a pointed to be noted is..till now females were considered to be equal to men in every sense. Now the caste system became heirdiatry,..and you could not move out of your caste whatever duty you performed.

This was one of the major reasons for the degenration of Hinduism..Things seem really bad also cause of the way it has been politicised by politicians. They talk about Hindu superiority not because they believe in it..but because they know they can get the maximum number of votes by doing this.

The situation might sound bad..but India still remains one of the most secular country's in the true sense of the word.

Seems to me..i have hijacked this thread in a way..considering it began as a simple query about the dwarikanath temple in dwarka whistling2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

interesting though.

Hinduism's something I've read verry little on. I know of the dieties and thheir roles but that's about it.

Though I find Polytheastic religions more realistic in the long run than monotheastic ones.

Though I'm a warrior by heart and find it hard to think that God or the Gods would make woman (Which I am) weaker than man in order to make use servants to them..

I mean Women bring us into the world (mother) and I don't know about you, but I've learned from more women then men in my life which in Wiccan beliefs one of the ones you learn from is the crone (Elder woman).

oops went ot. Sorry. *Sheepish grin*

Though you have to admit, most of the art for Hindu gods and goddesses are beautiful. it's hard to remember Shiva is the destroyer when he has such a pretty face.

Shiva is only a destroyer in the trimurti point of view. For Shiva's devotees, he is pretty much teh God of everything. And we should remember that death and destruction in Hinduism is sacred. It is something hard to comprehend for westerners that is too familiar with Christian concept of Satan.

Hindu, just like any other relligion with such complexity, is vulnerable to corruption, and I found what you reported from India to be really sad.

About female, role, we should remember that the Gods of trimurti has no power without their female counterparts, namely Saraswati, Lakhsmi, and Parvati/Uma. Also Hindhu is not entirely polytheistic, as a lot of Hindus devote to mainly one God. Also the concept of the Ultimate makes it closer to monotheistic worldview.