Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Krishna Temple

PrettyAndCorrupt

True, but Hindu has many gods... that's why I said it that way... I didn't mean disrespect.

And so you know... I happen to try to follow more Native American views than the typical 'westerner'

*Grins*

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PsychicPenguin

• PrettyAndCorrupt

• Dementia

• buggyelfmaiden

I found something interesting... when we talk about Hindu, the discussion remains polite and civilized. The hard line atheists restrain from attacking posts. But if the subject is Christianity, the thread quickly turn into a heated debate and then locked grin2.gif ... an unexplained phenomena? tongue.gif Anyway.. I found this from a travel agent

Dwarka is one of the four holiest Hindu pilgrimage sites and is closely related to the Krishna legend. Legend has it that it was here that Lord Krishna set up his capital after his flight from Mathura. It dates back to 16th Century. The Dwarkanath temple is a tall five-storey spire supported by 60 columns. Archaeological excavations have revealed that there were five earlier cities at the site.

Another old temple here is the Nageshwarlinga Temple, one of 12 of the Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva. It is one of the 4 principal dham yatras of Hinduism. Dwarka is one of the 4 principal dham yatras of Hinduism, the others being Puri, Badrinath-Kedarnath and Rameshwaram. It ranks with Ayodhya, Banaras, Mathura, Gaya, Kanchipuram and Ujjain among the holiest temple cities of India. Dwarka was the home of Lord Krishna, who moved to this pretty coastal town with the entire Yaduvanshi clan to set up capital.

Marine excavations off the Dwarka coast have revealed important evidences of 4 ancient cities, which probably includes the Dwarawati of the Krishna lila. In the 15th century, Dwarka was a major sea port. Today, it is not only a major pilgrimage but a pleasant spot for a beach holiday.

Pay attention to the last paragraph.

user posted image

Krishna is a reincarnation of Vishnu.

Vishnu is father of Brahma.

Brahma rides a swan.

Sorry I'm going off the subject here!!!

This temple which holds Krishna is off the coast of Dwarka, right?

If you really want to know more about it, maybe you should go there and visit him yourself. ANd only one priest is allowed in twice a day? If he doesn't let you in, maybe you should ask him/her about it, I'm sure he/she'll tell you.

The cost of visiting this place?

Marine excavations off the Dwarka coast have revealed important evidences of 4 ancient cities, which probably includes the Dwarawati of the Krishna lila. In the 15th century, Dwarka was a major sea port. Today, it is not only a major pilgrimage but a pleasant spot for a beach holiday.

Maybe you could have some fun there too ^.^