Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jimmy Carter: Tool

Incorrigible1

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/elec...er_N.htm?csp=34

DENVER — Former president Jimmy Carter called Republican presidential candidate John McCain a "distinguished naval officer," but he said the Arizona senator has been "milking every possible drop of advantage" from his time served as a prisoner of war in Vietnam."

Jimmy Carter: Fool or tool or both?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlindMessiah

• Incorrigible1

• AROCES

• Plainbob13

Jimmy Carter ?

Now there was one lousy president right there. He needs to zip his lip when it comes to criticizing people.

I vote "correct."

For five and a half years John McCain couldn't dismiss Jimmy Carter's criticisms! And so on...

Total TOOL! Would he like for us to go back to 18% interest rates on mortgages and lines at the gas pump?

If anything, McCain has only recently started talking about his POW time and he's hardly milking it.

Who? Is he the guy who did nothing as president and then started opening his mouth abuot what the current goverment is doing wrong?

Hey, mabey he learned from HIS mistakes (might be confusing jimmy carter with some other guy)....

TOOL! Carter is the 2nd worst presidentt ever.

Hardly second... I can think of three worse just off the top of my head. But who are you calling the worst?

Edited by BlindMessiah

Jimmy Carter ?

Now there was one lousy president right there. He needs to zip his lip when it comes to criticizing people.

I hope you say the same when old Dubya opens his yap, considering he is far worse than Jimmy Carter ever was.

Edited by IrishAidan

I hope you say the same when old Dubya opens his yap, considering he is far worse than Jimmy Carter ever was.

They are both pretty rotten as far as I'm concerned. I was too young to vote for Carter. And I've never voten for anyone with the last name of Bush.

Clearly Jimma Carter was the worst President in the history of the United States, not only in his bungling of foreign policy especially in Iran and the Middle East oil embargo, but economically the worst since the great depression. Some of you may not like Bush for his policies, but the Economic situation in the US under carter could be summed up in a few words...STAGFLATION and the misery index.

Edited by Aztec Warrior

but the Economic situation in the US under carter could be summed up in a few words...STAGFLATION and the misery index.

Which began during the first Nixon administration and marked the entire decade of the 1970s.

Which began during the first Nixon administration and marked the entire decade of the 1970s.

Yes, and no.

During Carter's administration, the economy suffered double-digit inflation, coupled with very high interest rates, oil shortages, high unemployment and slow economic growth. Productivity growth in the United States had declined to an average annual rate of 1 percent, compared to 3.2 percent of the 1960s.

During the Presidential campaign of 1976, Democratic candidate, Jimmy Carter, made frequent references to the Misery Index, which by the summer of 1976 was at 13.57%. Carter stated that no man responsible for giving a country a misery index that high, had a right to even ask to be President. Carter won the 1976 election. However, by 1980, when President Carter was running for re-election against Ronald Reagan, the Misery Index had reached an all-time high of 21.98%. Carter lost the election to Reagan.

Which Carter was suppose to fix and not make it even worst, right?

Clearly Jimma Carter was the worst President in the history of the United States, not only in his bungling of foreign policy especially in Iran and the Middle East oil embargo, but economically the worst since the great depression. Some of you may not like Bush for his policies, but the Economic situation in the US under carter could be summed up in a few words...STAGFLATION and the misery index.

You've got to be kidding. With all the evil tyrants that have ruled this country some panzy is the worst?

FDR? Are you kidding?

No. I'm very serious.

He placed United States citizens in concentration camps. He started the Manhattan project which led to the murder of a quarter million innocent women and children. He served four terms and had the constitutional limits to his powers nullified.

You don't consider that a tyrant? Are you kidding?

No. I'm very serious.

He placed United States citizens in concentration camps. He started the Manhattan project which led to the murder of a quarter million innocent women and children. He served four terms and had the constitutional limits to his powers nullified.

You don't consider that a tyrant? Are you kidding?

No I don't consider him a Tyrent. He brought the US out of the great depression. He lead the us throught WWII. He created a weapon the saved more lives then it took. ANd Yes. More would have died if the invasion of mainland japan happened. So he put Japanese in camps. It was war and hard to tell who was friend or enemy. Wow he served 3 terms. It was 3 terms not 4. Get over it. Look at the time he was serveing in. He did more good then evil. Take off your rose coloured glasses. You need to see the world as it is not what you like it to be. I'll give you Bush and Jackson. but you are dead wrong on FDR.

Edited by Plainbob13

He created a weapon the saved more lives then it took. ANd Yes. More would have died if the invasion of mainland japan happened.

He saved soldier's lives and murdered citizens.

So he put Japanese in camps. It was war and hard to tell who was friend or enemy.

So he unlawfully put US citizens in concentration camps? Yes, it's so difficult to tell US citizens and enemy soldiers.

Wow he served 3 terms. It was 3 terms not 4.

Now you just look stupid. He served four.

Get over it.

No.

He did more good then evil. Take off your rose coloured glasses. You need to see the world as it is not what you like it to be.

Are you saying I want a world where this great nation elects murderers? No, I want a world where there is no war, where there is no hunger. A world where children don't go to bed and never wake up. I want a world where there is no disease. I want a world where great men lead our nations to prosperity. You are wearing the rose colored glasses my friend.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/elec...er_N.htm?csp=34

DENVER — Former president Jimmy Carter called Republican presidential candidate John McCain a "distinguished naval officer," but he said the Arizona senator has been "milking every possible drop of advantage" from his time served as a prisoner of war in Vietnam."

At the expense of continuing a really pointless thread,

is there some part of this that is not true? Are you trying to say he is NOT a distinquished naval officer or that that statement is some kind of slight?

OR are you claiming that McCain is NOT milking every possible drop of advantage from being a POW? Because if you listened to every single one of his press stops, speeches and answers, he never fails to mention that he was a POW. By definition, that is "milking" it.

Or did you just want to slur former president Carter? Carter wasn't even really involved with the DNC convention. So you can hardly call him a tool.