Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oprah will not have Sarah Palin on the show

Caesar

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MasterPo

• Caesar

• Sherapy

• Incorrigible1

I thought the show along with Oprah was about empowering woman a show that gives a voice to those who have overcome obstacles and can inspire and uplift.

I viewed her blog and I think its really hurting her

oprah.com/community/blogs

Oprah's made it clear that Obama is an exceptional case. She has never endorsed a candidate before and doesn't intend to make a habit of it. So what?

And please, much as the insta-media would like to crown her Queen of All Super Coolness, Sarah Palin is still little more than a walking publicity stunt for John McCain's flagging campaign. She's the distraction of the week for the Republican machine. Pay no attention to the man behind the war record!

Palin and Obama are both relative light-weights in any Presidential race, but where Obama has made his case for 18 months and won over the support of his party against considerable opposition, Palin was merely and very hastily appointed by a single man a week ago after only one meeting. She's transparently a front, like the pretty little lipsynking girl at the Beijing Olympics.

What floors me is that of all the very intelligent and diverse right-of-center thinkers on this board, none of you to my knowledge has noticed that she's a nobody, a light-weight. Not one has said, "The juries still out on Caribou Barbie." Where does the right draw the line? A child? A trained monkey? Would y'all accept a horse if it could tap out a pro-life message?

I mean, when I was confronted with Obama last year at the first Democratic Debate, I was thinking, "What the hell is that guy doing up there? A freshman senator? He made one nice speech 4 years ago! What is he, 30?" It took him quite a while to find his voice over the course of those interminable debates and to start impressing me. I've never seen a better managed presidential campaign. Time and again his decisions have been impressively shrewd. And despite the media's favorite fiction that his position constantly changes, I've been researching the guy from the beginning and his positions have been remarkably stable. Of course he's shifted his rhetoric, but the content has remained on message. What I mean is, as far as a politico in his position can impress a flaky anarchist like myself, he earned my respect.

But y'all just jump into bed with this total unknown from day one. Why? Hand her a snarky script penned by one of W.'s speech writers and she's ready to lead the Nation? Seriously, what gives?

So I guess that means we can count on Oprah to voice her opposition to the future " Fairness Doctrine " reinstatement ?

Yeah right. I wouldn't put any money on that.

I am definitely not an Oprah fan, and there's a picture of her on the front page this morning, where she looks like the dragon lady.But I'm wondering if Palin would have even said yes if she was invited.

Oprah's made it clear that Obama is an exceptional case. She has never endorsed a candidate before and doesn't intend to make a habit of it. So what?

She allowed Obama to address the people on her show and no one else, that is not endorsing???

And please, much as the insta-media would like to crown her Queen of All Super Coolness, Sarah Palin is still little more than a walking publicity stunt for John McCain's flagging campaign. She's the distraction of the week for the Republican machine. Pay no attention to the man behind the war record!

You hope. It's quite obvious Palin is a rising star, and represents the average Joe/Joan very well.

While Oprah's support for Obama is well known and not unexpected, this doesn't make sense either.

Not her per se but her and all other claimed "liberated" and femenists should be dancing in the streets over Palin!

She's a self-made woman, unlike Hilary.

She climbed to the top on her own, didn't have to marry for it (unlike Hilary) or rely on affirmative programs or sleep her way to the top.

She has it all: A family and a strong career.

She makes much more than her husband!

She is the first female VP candidate of a major party who has a real chance of winning election.

She has a real chance to be the first actual female VP in office.

And if McCain/Palin win she stands a very good chance to be President with in the next 8 years (presuming McCain runs and wins again in 2012).

Even if McCain chooses not to run a second term she almost certainly will run for President in 2012!

She should be the poster-child for everything Feminism claims it stands for.

But instead she is being villified and the silence from other powerful females is defining!

Where the heck is Nancy Pelosi in all this?!

Just goes to show the true hypocracy of Feminism. :td:

Edited by MasterPo

She is the first female VP candidate of a major party.

Where on earth did you hear that?

Where on earth did you hear that?

You're right.

I should have said "She's the first female VP candidate of a major party who has a real chance of winning election".

Thank you for pointing it out. Coffee hasn't set in yet. ;)

Wasn't Geraldine Ferraro on the Democratic ticket with Walter Mondale when he ran..

Wasn't Geraldine Ferraro on the Democratic ticket with Walter Mondale when he ran..

Mondale didn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of defeating Reagan.

Feminism isn't about your genitalia, it's about your views of the world and policy. Joe Biden is more of a feminist than Sarah Palin.

Feminism isn't about your genitalia, it's about your views of the world and policy. Joe Biden is more of a feminist than Sarah Palin.

ROTFLMAO!!!!! :rofl:

LMAO thats way to funny, I caughed coffee all over my tv screen. thank you Startraveler!

She allowed Obama to address the people on her show and no one else, that is not endorsing???

Learn to read.

You hope. It's quite obvious Palin is a rising star, and represents the average Joe/Joan very well.

And these are qualifications for President of the United States? Star power and mediocrity? And to preempt the incoming snark (I hope): whatever "star power" Obama has acquired is not a qualification for President in my book, nor is it a bad quality in and of itself.

Hillary wears the pants in her family, too.

That's funny... I'm an average Joe and don't feel remotely represented by her. In fact I feel completely alienated from someone like her.

You're right.

I should have said "She's the first female VP candidate of a major party who has a real chance of winning election".

Thank you for pointing it out. Coffee hasn't set in yet. ;)

Ever heard of Geraldine Ferraro?

While Oprah's support for Obama is well known and not unexpected, this doesn't make sense either.

Not her per se but her and all other claimed "liberated" and femenists should be dancing in the streets over Palin!

She's a self-made woman, unlike Hilary.

She climbed to the top on her own, didn't have to marry for it (unlike Hilary) or rely on affirmative programs or sleep her way to the top.

She has it all: A family and a strong career.

She makes much more than her husband!

She is the first female VP candidate of a major party who has a real chance of winning election.

She has a real chance to be the first actual female VP in office.

And if McCain/Palin win she stands a very good chance to be President with in the next 8 years (presuming McCain runs and wins again in 2012).

Even if McCain chooses not to run a second term she almost certainly will run for President in 2012!

She should be the poster-child for everything Feminism claims it stands for.

But instead she is being villified and the silence from other powerful females is defining!

Where the heck is Nancy Pelosi in all this?!

Just goes to show the true hypocracy of Feminism. :td:

Ding! Winner! (although your spelling isn't great, but point well made)

It is sad that Democrat women act if nothing is happening and Gov. Palin is nothing for women to be proud of. If Hilliary (a mother of one, while 100% riding on her husbands coat-tails to get where she is at) farts it's great per the 'powerful females'. If Sarah Palin (a self made woman and mother of 5) gets elected to be Governor of a state (evidently a popular Governor too), it's ignored like she's not there or it didn't really happen.

Sad but true.

In other news: Oprah is a fat, partisan-stump jackass.

Ding! Winner! (although your spelling isn't great, but point well made)

It is sad that Democrat women act if nothing is happening and Gov. Palin is nothing for women to be proud of. If Hilliary (a mother of one, while 100% riding on her husbands coat-tails to get where she is at) farts it's great per the 'powerful females'. If Sarah Palin (a self made woman and mother of 5) gets elected to be Governor of a state (evidently a popular Governor too), it's ignored like she's not there or it didn't really happen.

Sad but true.

In other news: Oprah is a fat, partisan-stump jackass.

Hilary went to Wellsley and Yale graduated from both if you dont know these are top dog colleges (Ivy league) .. Is a accomplished woman in her own right ....

no matter how much you like sarah pallin, it doesn't take away from Hilary and her accompliments ......

you are indeed correct the women, incluidng christian and right wing are saying where I live that they thought it was a gag/joke when pallin was picked for VP.... ....and many think the Republican party as gone crazy....

I analogize this as throwing a pair of glasses on britney spears handing her a speech full of platittudes and thinking the america woman are this shallow. and uninformed..............

you know i didnt vote the clintons didnt like them but Hilary has my respeot, she is one hell of a woman, an equal, intellegent like her or not this lady is one strong lady.....who has raised an amazing daughter ......