Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama's Ten Point Plan to "Change"

Michelle

Source: American Rifleman

1) Ban use of firearms for home defense.

2) Pass Federal laws eliminating your right to carry.

3) Ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns.

4) Close down 90% of the gun shops in America.

5) Ban rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting.

6) Increase federal taxes on guns and ammunition.

7) Restore voting right for five million criminals including those who have been convicted of using a gun to commit a violent crime.

8) Expand the Clinton semi-automatic ban to include millions more firearms.

9) Mandate a government-issued license to purchase a firearm.

10) Appoint judges to the U.S. Supreme Court and Federal judiciary who share his views on the Second Amendment.

Publisher source.

Edited by Saru
Added additional source reference

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michelle

• Incorrigible1

• MasterPo

• IrishAidan07

Top Posters In This Topic

There are actually some fairly interesting threads on this page right now. Do we really need to push them off the page with vacuous POS threads like this?

It sounds like something from the American Civil Liberties Union. unless they are terrorists or illegal aliens. then they have rights.

There are actually some fairly interesting threads on this page right now. Do we really need to push them off the page with vacuous POS threads like this?

You're free not to bring it back to the top of the page.

If it's something you're not interested in, fine. I think it WILL interest others into checking further into his intentions.

It sounds like something from the American Civil Liberties Union. unless they are terrorists or illegal aliens. then they have rights.

Ain't it the truth! :angry:

Curious, I don't see you complaining in the constant flow of anti-McCain threads.

Being anti-gun is just as bad as Bush's illegal wiretaps. Both are against our rights but people only think Bush can do something anti-American?

Ain't it the truth! :angry:

A shame the American Civil Liberties Union chooses to ignore one of the Bill of Rights. Walking anuses that they are..........

A shame the American Civil Liberties Union chooses to ignore one of the Bill of Rights. Walking anuses that they are..........

They are famous for picking the civil liberties they wish to defined. :no:

Curious, I don't see you complaining in the constant flow of anti-McCain threads.

Really? Was there a thread where someone simply fabricated a "ten point plan" on some policy front and attributed it to McCain? Because, no, I wouldn't like that. His policies are bad enough without having to clog the intertubes with misinformation.

ACLU is for defending the constitution. I'd be willing to bet they'll be against this. If not I'll lose all respect for the organization.

Wait, are they seriously for this plan?

Do you have a source for that?

Edited by BlindMessiah

Really? Was there a thread where someone simply fabricated a "ten point plan" on some policy front and attributed it to McCain? Because, no, I wouldn't like that. His policies are bad enough without having to clog the intertubes with misinformation.

You're welcome to find the the 'facts' on the matter and show us what his actual stance is, in his own words.

There are plenty of cleverly worded threads against McCain, I'm sure a quick search here will reveal plenty of them.

Barack Obama on Gun Control -

* Ok for states & cities to determine local gun laws. (Apr 2008)

* FactCheck: Yes, Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban. (Apr 2008)

* Respect 2nd Amendment, but local gun bans ok. (Feb 2008)

* Provide some common-sense enforcement on gun licensing. (Jan 2008)

* 2000: cosponsored bill to limit purchases to 1 gun per month. (Oct 2007)

* Concealed carry OK for retired police officers. (Aug 2007)

* Stop unscrupulous gun dealers dumping guns in cities. (Jul 2007)

* Keep guns out of inner cities--but also problem of morality. (Oct 2006)

* Bush erred in failing to renew assault weapons ban. (Oct 2004)

* Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions. (Jul 1998)

* Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)

Source

Sane people are realizing to what degree the punk is a radical left wing marxist wannabe and in my opinion, a mental case besides.

The left is not about liberty.

It is about totalitarianism.

It is about power over those beneath them.

It is about tearing down without, what cannot be reconciled within the disordered world of the deviant.

It is what sociopaths do.

Sane people are realizing to what degree the punk is a radical left wing marxist wannabe and in my opinion, a mental case besides.

The left is not about liberty.

It is about totalitarianism.

It is about power over those beneath them.

It is about tearing down without, what cannot be reconciled within the disordered world of the deviant.

It is what sociopaths do.

Indeed. I find it hilarious they witch and moan about Bush relentless but they trust their government enough to control guns. Scary really.

linked-image

Indeed. I find it hilarious they witch and moan about Bush relentless but they trust their government enough to control guns. Scary really.

Even Al Gore admitted when he was VP he kept an AR-15 semi-auto rifle in his bedroom closet at the VP's house in DC (which was a 100% violation of DC gun law!). :gun:

Of course, this is the same man who thought midnight basketball leagues were the answer to teen violence but wasn't going to send his children to participate in them. :whistle:

Edited by MasterPo

ACLU is for defending the constitution. I'd be willing to bet they'll be against this. If not I'll lose all respect for the organization.

Well you can decide

"The ACLU agrees with the Supreme Court’s long-standing interpretation of the Second Amendment [as set forth in the 1939 case, U.S. v. Miller] that the individual’s right to bear arms applies only to the preservation or efficiency of a well-regulated militia. Except for lawful police and military purposes, the possession of weapons by individuals is not constitutionally protected. Therefore, there is no constitutional impediment to the regulation of firearms."

Source and full report

"A shame the American Civil Liberties Union chooses to ignore one of the Bill of Rights."

Are you serious? Do you believe ACLU defends your Second Amendment rights? Heh! You're joking, right?

Are you serious? Do you believe ACLU defends your Second Amendment rights? Heh! You're joking, right?

Waiting for a source, not another question.

Over the years I have read many times in American Rifleman and other firearms magazines of how the ACLU has been contacted to help people with gun ownership rights legal issues on all three levels (Federal, state and local) and in all cases the ACLU has refused to help. Sorry for not having saved those articles over the years.

Hesus Keerist, are you dense? From the ACLU's site, "Given the reference to "a well regulated Militia" and "the security of a free State," the ACLU has long taken the position that the Second Amendment protects a collective right rather than an individual right."

This in spite of the recent SCOTUS ruling to the contrary.

Hesus Keerist, are you dense? From the ACLU's site, "Given the reference to "a well regulated Militia" and "the security of a free State," the ACLU has long taken the position that the Second Amendment protects a collective right rather than an individual right."

This in spite of the recent SCOTUS ruling to the contrary.

Hesus Keerist can you post a source? I didn't say you were wrong, I'm simply asking for a source. You however aren't posting one.

Hesus Keerist can you post a source? I didn't say you were wrong, I'm simply asking for a source. You however aren't posting one.

Is it too difficult or mind-numbing to google "ACLU on Second Amendment rights?" Wait, maybe it is. Here ya go:

http://www.aclu.org/crimjustice/gen/35904res20020304.html

I did read my posts. or google some of the quoted content

Can the original author of this thread provide some evidence, please.

From the A.C.L.U.

Second Amendment

The Second Amendment provides: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

ACLU POSITION

Given the reference to "a well regulated Militia" and "the security of a free State," the ACLU has long taken the position that the Second Amendment protects a collective right rather than an individual right. For seven decades, the Supreme Court's 1939 decision in United States v. Miller was widely understood to have endorsed that view.

The Supreme Court has now ruled otherwise. In striking down Washington D.C.'s handgun ban by a 5-4 vote, the Supreme Court's 2008 decision in D.C. v. Heller held for the first time that the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to keep and bear arms, whether or not associated with a state militia.

The ACLU disagrees with the Supreme Court's conclusion about the nature of the right protected by the Second Amendment. We do not, however, take a position on gun control itself. In our view, neither the possession of guns nor the regulation of guns raises a civil liberties issue.

A.C.L.U.

Now, before anyone starts giving me crap, let me give you my opinion of the A.C.L.U.

For one, I am a card-carrying member. I pay yearly fees; I attend any local events they hold in my area; and I argue their case constantly on forums such as this. However, it's become clear to me that the A.C.L.U. is influenced by the Left rather than the Constitution on some issues, perhaps even on this issue and the issue of abortion. Which is why I will not be renewing my membership. The A.C.L.U., when I joined, was a good organization that, at least in my mind, was all for protecting the Bill of Rights. Lately, however, I've noticed the influence of the Left. Now, some of you knowing my political position may think I would be all for that, but I'm not. And here is why: I am a pro-gun, pro-life liberal. I myself do not hunt, shoot rifles, or own guns, but I believe others should have the right to do so. And clearly I don't believe in abortion. These two issues aside, anytime I join an organization that claims to be independent of the political games, and I find out they are not, in fact, independent, it turns my stomach.

When the second amendment was drawn up its important to realize that it wasn't because man needed a gun to hunt for food..

..everybody hunted for food across America.. It was drawn up to protect THE PEOPLE FROM THE GOVERNMENT.

That should NEVER be forgotten or OVER LOOKED.

The government couldn't protect the innocent citizens who died on 9/11 so why the hell would anybody agree to allow

them to take away the last resort of protection that you have? .. especially from BLACK-OP operations that will harm you?

The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution is a part of the United States Bill of Rights that protects the pre-existing individual right to possess and carry weapons (i.e. "keep and bear arms") in case of confrontation.[1] Codification of the right to keep and bear arms into the Bill of Rights was influenced by a fear that the federal government would disarm the people in order to impose rule through a standing army or select militia,[2] since history had shown the way tyrants eliminated resistance to suppression of political opponents was to simply take away the people's arms and make it an offense to keep them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Amendm...es_Constitution

THIS IS YOUR RIGHTS. WAKE UP PEOPLE! WAKE UPWAKE UPWAKE UPWAKE UPWAKE UPWAKE UPWAKE UPWAKE UPWAKE UP