Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Willie Brown (D) Chimes in on Sarah Palin

libertyworld

From Willie Brown:

The Democrats are in trouble. Sarah Palin has totally changed the dynamics of this campaign.

Period.

Palin's speech to the GOP National Convention on Wednesday has set it up so that the Republicans are now on offense and Democrats are on defense. And we don't do well on defense.

Suddenly, Palin and John McCain are the mavericks and Barack Obama and Joe Biden are the status quo, in a year when you don't want to be seen as defending the status quo.

From taxes to oil drilling, Democrats are now going to have to start explaining their positions.

Whenever you start having to explain things, you're on defense.

I actually went back and watched Palin's speech a second time. I didn't go to sleep until 1:30 a.m. I had to make sure I got the lines right.

Her timing was exquisite. She didn't linger with applause, but instead launched into line after line of attack, slipping the knives in with every smile and joke.

And she delivered it like she was just BS-ing on the street with the meter maid.

She didn't have to prove she was "of the people." She really is the people.

There is one thing she should have done: announced when her 17-year-old daughter and the teenage father of the girl's unborn child are getting married and invited all of us to the wedding. It should be like Sunday at church.

As for Palin herself, she is going to be very, very effective on the campaign trail, especially if McCain's people can figure out how to gently keep her from getting into confrontations with the press.

If she can answer questions like she handled herself at the convention, Palin will turn out to be the most interesting person in all of politics, and the press will treat her like they treated Obama when he was first discovered.

And remember, the Palin bandwagon needs to roll for only two months.

Edited by libertyworld

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Caesar

• libertyworld

• Mr  Honeybadger

• Demian

Top Posters In This Topic

And remember, the Palin bandwagon needs to roll for only two months.

And that's going to be the problem for them. Two months is quite a long time when there's that much attention is on you. They better limit the time she has in the press or they can go down really fast because she's freaking scary in the VP slot.

Edited by Demian

I would like to see her do some interviews. She seems to be reluctant to do any. But I suppose she'll have to at some point.

I would like to see her do some interviews. She seems to be reluctant to do any. But I suppose she'll have to at some point.

I appreciate she's taking her time to grant anything to the dogs that hounded her with smear and rhetoric. She'll grant interviews when it best suits her and her ticket.

Oh, I like this woman! I don't agree with that many of her viewpoints, but I like what she represents.

I appreciate she's taking her time to grant anything to the dogs that hounded her with smear and rhetoric. She'll grant interviews when it best suits her and her ticket.

Oh, I like this woman! I don't agree with that many of her viewpoints, but I like what she represents.

What, exactly then, does she represent? How do you disagree with many of her viewpoints, but like what she represents?

This kind of thinking is why the democrats are, indeed, in trouble.

LOL I decided to add my touch to this quote... (No disrespect intended Neognosis) :innocent:

And that's going to be the problem for them. Two months is quite a long time when there's that much attention is on you. They better limit the time she has in the press or they can go down really fast because she's freaking scary in the VP slot.

They tried, but she is going to give an interview . . . finally. With Charlie Gibson, of course, who is about the most feeble and weak interrogator in the news.

People like the above OP keep talking as though McCain-Palin has somehow "re-taken the momentum" and seized the high ground, but really, what has it amounted to? The race in the national polls remains close, as it has been close for months. Nobody's mentioned whether or not Palin has caused changes in voter preferences in the swing states.

What, exactly then, does she represent? How do you disagree with many of her viewpoints, but like what she represents?

What does she represent? less taxes, going after big oil, taking on corruption, drilling for oil, pro growth. and with an aproval rating now well over 80%. now what has Obama done? nothing, nada, zero!!! nothing but small bills and being a community organizer. why do you think Palin got such a boost? because she has done the best job out of all the governors in the U.S. and she is a woman. the big question everyone should ask themselves is what has Obama done. voted 97% with the do nothing congress that has an aproval rating of 18%. I guess 4 more years with Bush 38% would be better then congress that has 18% job approval rating.