Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Palins religious beliefs

Mr.Peabody

Sarah Palin's Religious Extremism: Says Iraq War is a "Task from God"

Diary Entry by Mark C. Eades

vote nowBuzz up!

Tell A Friend

SAVE FAVORITES

VIEW FAVORITES

(4.4 from 1 ratings) View Ratings | Rate It

::::::::

Does America really need a religious extremist a heartbeat away from the Oval Office? If your answer is Yes, then vote for Sarah Palin.

Since Palin's pick by John McCain as Republican vice-presidential running mate, video has surfaced of a speech given by Palin in June at her hometown church, Wasilla Assembly of God. The video, first reported by the HuffingtonPost, is from an address by Palin to the graduating class of commission students at the Wasilla church. Describing her family, Palin tells students about her oldest son, 19-year-old Track, set to be deployed to Iraq with the U.S. Army. Then, she urges students to pray "that our leaders... are sending [soldiers] out on a task that is from God." Palin added, "That's what we have to make sure that we are praying for: that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan" (see also Washington Post, UPI).

In the same speech, Palin also referred to God's role in her work as governor, telling the congregation that construction of a 1700-mile natural gas pipeline from Prudhoe Bay, Alaska to Alberta, Canada, is also part of God's plan: "I can do my part in working really, really hard to get a natural gas pipeline, about a $30 billion project that's going to create a lot of jobs for Alaska. … [but] I think God's will has to be done in unifying people and companies to get that gas line built, so pray for that...." Palin said, "...I can do my job there in developing our natural resources, in doing things like getting the roads paved and making sure our troopers have their cop cars and their uniforms and their guns, and making sure our public schools are funded. But really that stuff doesn't do any good if the people of Alaska's hearts aren't right with God."

A review of sermons by Ed Kalnins, senior pastor of Wasilla Assembly of God since 1999, offers a deeper and yet more disturbing glimpse into Palin's longtime spiritual home. In his sermons, Pastor Kalnins has preached that critics of President Bush will be condemned to hell and questioned whether people who voted for John Kerry in 2004 would be accepted into heaven. During the 2004 election season, he said of Kerry to his congregation: "I'm not going tell you who to vote for, but if you vote for this particular person, I question your salvation. I'm sorry." Kalnins added: "If every Christian will vote righteously, it would be a landslide every time." In 2005, Kalnins bristled at the treatment President Bush was receiving over the federal government's handling of Hurricane Katrina. "I hate criticisms towards the President," Kalnins said, "because it's like criticisms towards the pastor -- it's almost like, it's not going to get you anywhere, you know, except for hell. That's what it'll get you." Kalnins has also preached that the 9/11 attacks and the war in Iraq are part of a "world war" over the Christian faith, one in which Jesus Christ had called upon believers to be willing to sacrifice their lives; and telling his flock that Jesus himself operated in a "war mode."

What you see in a terrorist -- that's called the invisible enemy. There has always been an invisible enemy. What you see in Iraq, basically, is a manifestation of what's going on in this unseen world called the spirit world. ... We need to think like Jesus thinks. We are in a time and a season of war, and we need to think like that. We need to develop that instinct. We need to develop as believers the instinct that we are at war, and that war is contending for your faith. ... Jesus called us to die. You're worried about getting hurt? He's called us to die. Listen, you know we can't even follow him unless you are willing to give up your life. ... I believe that Jesus himself operated from that position of war mode. Everyone say "war mode." Now you say, wait a minute Ed, he's like the good shepherd, he's loving all the time and he's kind all the time. Oh yes he is -- but I also believe that he had a part of his thoughts that knew that he was in a war.

As for Sarah Palin, Kalnins has asserted that his former congregant's election as governor was the result of a "prophetic call" by another Wasilla pastor who prayed for her victory. "[He made] a prophetic declaration and then unfolds the kingdom of God, you know." Kalnins also preaches repeatedly about the "end times" or "last days," declaring at his appearance with Palin in June: "I believe Alaska is one of the refuge states in the last days, and hundreds of thousands of people are going to come to the state to seek refuge and the church has to be ready to minister to them."

Palin's own history with Wasilla Assembly of God is a long one: She was baptized there at the age of 12 and attended the church for most of her adult life. When Palin was inaugurated as governor, the founding pastor of the church delivered the invocation. In 2002, Palin switched her membership to a nondenominational church, but she continues to worship at a related Assembly of God church in Juneau. Meanwhile, according to a statement from Pastor Kalnins' office, Palin "has maintained a friendship with Wasilla Assembly of God and has attended various conferences and special meetings here."

I wonder if our mass media will subject Pastor Kalnins and Wasilla Assembly of God to the same scrutiny they have lavished on Reverend Jeremiah Wright at Barack Obama's old church.

http://www.opednews.com/maxwrite/diarypage.php?did=9088

a bunch of nuts ....

Edited by Tiggs

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• Mr.Peabody

• Sherapy

• Mr  Honeybadger

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Now its the KKK. What next she has a Hitler youth program?

Poll had McCain a slight lead now.

Time for carpet bombing!

Poll had McCain a slight lead now.

Time for carpet bombing!

1 poll out of how many ? which when you look at the +/- turns the poll even . lmao

Ahh, the more vile rumors and hatred they spew the more it unites the complacent white america vote behind McCain.

Gosh telling your child they are on a mission from god to go kill others is a bit disconcerting IMO....eeks...

Wow. Now its the KKK. What next she has a Hitler youth program?

actually her 'crazy pastor' thinks Armageddon is coming soon , hates blacks , gays and jews and thinks War is Gods will as is the pipe line . it's either KKK or crazy. take your pick.

oh and hates the government and wanted to secede the unions to boot . so crazy ? or KKK.? hard to tell.

Edited by Mr.Peabody

1 poll out of how many ? which when you look at the +/- turns the poll even . lmao

Precisley the point. One poll and you folks push the panic button.

And you know very well why, PALIN!!!! :tu:

Ahh, the more vile rumors and hatred they spew the more it unites the complacent white america vote behind McCain.

to disagree with intolerance is sound and valid not hate...lol......

this is an odd posit to vote for IMO...

Precisley the point. One poll and you folks push the panic button.

And you know very well why, PALIN!!!! :tu:

is that why cons jumped all over Rev . Wright and Obama's name ? for months ?

is that why cons jumped all over Rev . Wright and Obama's name ? for months ?

Nope, those videos about Wright was aired by the media, not the cons. It became a news but not because the cons diggged for it.

Nope, those videos about Wright was aired by the media, not the cons. It became a news but not because the cons diggged for it.

lmao bullcrap.

Gosh telling your child they are on a mission from god to go kill others is a bit disconcerting IMO....eeks...

I agree with that.

I personally wouldn't put her in the Extremist catagory just yet. But her remarks basically saying that this war is a mission of god does not sit well with me.

But these remarks, ( along with Obama's ), are part of the overall package you get with these two candidates. You either agree with them and support them, or you don't.

<edit > Heck, I keep forgetting that she is just the VP candidate. All of this press she's been getting, I almost forgot that she isn't the one running for president against Obama. Since Palin's brought the energy to the Republican party, perhaps her and McCain should switch positions.

Child? How old is this child?

Don't hold back!

Should'nt you be playing the human sacrifice and canabalism card about now?

I mean you might as well...

It's over anyway, after all.

And yet the kkk grand wizard is in the democrat party. I forget his name. I guess I should say the former grand wizard.

Byrd?

I think it is the one running the dmc this year. You know the party.

Edited by danielost

And yet the kkk grand wizard is in the democrat party. I forget his name. I guess I should say the former grand wizard.

David Duke was Democrat & gov of Louisiana. It seems to the Democrats have stronger ties w/ KKK .

Nothing in that worthless article states ANYTHING about the KKK. You just made that up that inflamatory crap. Better read the rules about posting misleading articles.

Piece of work! :wacko:

Child? How old is this child?

17 maybe 18......as a mother of 3 boys my eldest being 21 he is learning to be an adult,which takes time and acrrued experinces....I would not find it exceptable to send a man boy to kill others or to be killed....

Ohio, I do see that McCain has all but faded into the background yet Pallin I don't think is too much more than a reality show....so far.....

doesnt she look like Tina Fey off of saturday night live????

doesnt she look like Tina Fey off of saturday night live????

You know, She does doesn't she ?

Even in her facial expressions.