Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How Nancy Pelosi Became President

Whangarei

I'm picturing some crazy story in history where either McCain dies for some reason or has a stroke that incapacitates him letting Palin take over. A year later a PETA extremists shoots Palin with a hunting gun. Nancy Pelosi is sworn in and we have two female presidents of the United States in the span of 4 years and Hilary is committed to a mental institution for the irony.

I'm not suggesting this btw. Hope this doesn't come across wrong.

Edited by Whangarei

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Incorrigible1

• BlindMessiah

• Whangarei

• danielost

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm picturing some crazy story in history where either McCain dies for some reason or has a stroke that incapacitates him letting Palin take over. A year later a PETA extremists shoots Palin with a hunting gun. Nancy Pelosi is sworn in and we have two female presidents of the United States in the span of 4 years and Hilary is committed to a mental institution for the irony.

The fact it's illogical and contrary to Constitutional law didn't seem to discourage you................

The fact it's illogical and contrary to Constitutional law didn't seem to discourage you................

+

Or the fact that there would be a new vp by then.

Speaker of the house only takes over if both pres. and vp die close to each other before the new pres picks a new vp.

Edited by danielost

How exactly is it unconstitutional...? If the president and vice president die, the speaker of the house becomes president.

That's what I'm trying to figure out? You had me worried for a second. Since I stated a year later Palin is shot and Pelosi takes over and we have two female presidents in a span of four years, I think its pretty obvious that I'm talking about the same term. The speaker of the house is in line after the vp becomes president.

Hmmm, I think I see the glitch, I waited too long to off Palin. Ok.

Edited by Whangarei

We must retreat and come back with a new plan.!

How exactly is it unconstitutional...? If the president and vice president die, the speaker of the house becomes president.

For Pete's sake, the gist of the thread is "I'm picturing some crazy story in history where either McCain dies for some reason or has a stroke that incapacitates him letting Palin take over. A year later a PETA extremists shoots Palin with a hunting gun."

How difficult is this for you and Whang to figure? Should the President die, the VeePee assumes the office of President, and then nominates a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

In case you've both forgotten, we're governed by the Constitution. You might take a gander at the 25th Amendment.

Edited by Incorrigible1

That's what I'm trying to figure out? You had me worried for a second. Since I stated a year later Palin is shot and Pelosi takes over and we have two female presidents in a span of four years, I think its pretty obvious that I'm talking about the same term. The speaker of the house is in line after the vp becomes president.

Only if both the President and VP are incapacitated simultaneously, or before a VP can be ushered into office. Please see the 25th Amendment.

In case you've both forgotten, we're governed by the Constitution. You might take a gander at the 25th Amendment.

:nw: :nw: :nw:

Also, whang, your post makes an assumption that McCain will win.

Perhaps Obama gets shot - God forbid - then some Right wad shoots Biden the next day, and then Pelosi takes over.......

Edited by IrishAidan

How about this, the next President elect is killed in a plane crash sometime between the Nov. election and Jan. Inauguration. THere has been a popular vote, but no electoral college vote, yet.

You might think the V.P. elect would automatically move up, BUT the V.P. elect has not yet been sworn into any office covered by the 25th amendment; they're only the V.P. elect.

Does the affected party to renominate the V.P. as a Presidential candidate with yet another V.P.; since there has been a POPULAR vote, but no Electoral college vote yet???

In a nut shell this breaks down the liberal way of thinking! LOL :blink:

Thanks for the laugh!

For Pete's sake, the gist of the thread is "I'm picturing some crazy story in history where either McCain dies for some reason or has a stroke that incapacitates him letting Palin take over. A year later a PETA extremists shoots Palin with a hunting gun."

How difficult is this for you and Whang to figure? Should the President die, the VeePee assumes the office of President, and then nominates a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

I was under the assumption that a replacement VP had not yet been appointed in this scenario.

Same thing sorta-kinda would have happened (re: Pelosi becoming President) if the impeachers got their way too. :o