Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atlantic Monthly Editor to Offer Apology to

__Kratos__

The editor of The Atlantic Monthly said Monday he is sending a letter of apology to John McCain after a woman the magazine hired to photograph the Republican presidential nominee posted manipulated pictures from the photo shoot on her Web site.

Photographer Jill Greenberg, who is vehemently anti-Republican and expressed glee that the photos would stir up conservative ire, took pictures of McCain for the cover of The Atlantic’s October issue.

During the shoot, she took several other backlit pictures, which she then doctored and posted to her site. In one photo, she added blood oozing from McCain’s shark-toothed mouth and labeled it with the caption “I am a bloodthirsty warmongerer.” In another, a caption over McCain’s head says, “I will have my girl kill Roe v. Wade,” an obvious reference to his running mate Sarah Palin’s anti-abortion positions.

Editor James Bennet said Greenberg behaved improperly and will not be paid for the session. He said the magazine is also considering a lawsuit.

“She has violated the terms of our agreement with her, of our contract with her so we’re taking steps. So we’re looking into what steps we can see to do something about that,” Bennet told FOX News, adding that he is “already drafting a letter of apology” to McCain.

“I mean this photographer went in there under our auspices to take a cover shot for us … but while she was there she behaved in an incredibly underhanded and unprofessional way,” he said.

More of the article here: Link

---------------------------------------------------

So I would expect that the left here that threw up a fit a bit ago on Fox News photo editing would be just as outraged here. Also just for that fun effect, I used Fox News as my source :lol:

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• __Kratos__

• Aztec Warrior

• MasterPo

• InHuman

Top Posters In This Topic

So were those photos in the magazine? Hmmmfh, shows how low some people will stoop..

Ms. Greenberg has been bragging about her actions, saying she deliberately left Sen. McCain's eyes red and his skin tone untouched.

Her Web site, manipulator.com [ed. note: Warning -- images may be disturbing and/or inappropriate for workplace or younger audience], currently opens with an ominous picture of the senator with red text at the top reading, "I'll have my girl kill Roe v. Wade." The Web site contains a portfolio with four more doctored pictures, including two more with disparaging 'quotes,' and one portraying Sen. McCain with shark teeth, tasting the blood around his mouth.

"I am a pretty hard-core Democrat. Some of my artwork has been pretty anti-Bush, so maybe it was somewhat irresponsible for them to hire me," Ms. Greenberg said in an interview with Photo District News (PDN).

The publication will soon issue an apology to Sen. McCain and is considering a lawsuit against Ms. Greenberg. link

Yes, it does show how low some people will go.

Who was overseeing/supervising this person?!

She may have been the photographer but someone in the magazine made the editorial decision to select the photo!! <_<