Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paranormal books

GreyWeather

I was wondering if anyone knew of any interesting paranormal mysteries, book wise. Ranging from ghosts, shodowmen to other various mysteries along the same line.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• isis-999

• GreyWeather

• Golden Hawk

• princezfiona

Do you want fact or fiction?

Do you want fact or fiction?

More along the 'fact' stream~

Sorry, I should've made it a bit clearer.

Your welcome the SCI-FI channel is the host of the site.. :tu:

Night Stalks the Mansion

Graves End

Aaron's Crossing

Haunted: A True Canadian Story

Overshadows

House of Spirits and Whispers

I was wondering if anyone knew of any interesting paranormal mysteries, book wise. Ranging from ghosts, shodowmen to other various mysteries along the same line.

Read Ghost Hunters: William James and the Search For Scientific Proof Of Life After Death.

This is an EXCELLENT book, about the Society for Psychical Research, founded at the height of the spiritualist movement. It will give you a wonderful perspective on the whole history of paranormal investigations. William James was the original ghost hunter lol.

OH BOY!!!! did you ask the right question :w00t: . I have been receiving and buying books on the paranormal since I was little. The wonderful thing is that there are several authors who books are quite good. I have listed authors below along with some titles. Many have websites as well. I have listed Dr. Hans Holzer as he was one of the best authors and, on a limited basis, still does research although he is pretty much retired. Most of his books are reprints from books he wrote several years ago, however they are still wonderful to read.

TROY TAYLOR -

Author of about 70+ books on the paranormal, all of his books give the historical background of the hauntings as well as printed interviews with witnesses. His work can be somewhat dry if you are not interested in such indepth historical research. His webpage has Taylors books as well as books of other paranormal researchers on sale. SCORE: 8-9 out of 10, depending on the book. Website: http://www.americanhauntings.org

MICHAEL NORMAN & BETH SCOTT -

Michael Norman has taught at the University of Wisconsin - River Falls for over twenty years and Chaired the the Department of Journalism. Beth Scott was a full-time free lance writer for over twenty-five years, she died in 1994. Their books are a must have for any paranormal researcher or reader. SCORE: 10 out of 10 :tu:

TITLES: (include) "Haunted America" "Historic Haunted America", as well as four other volumes.

MARY BETH SAMMONS & ROBERT EDWARDS -

I have just found a book by these authors and really am impressed by their style. I am still looking for more of their books for now I have one, "CITY GHOSTS", Sterling Publishing of NY, 2006. I hope there will be more. SCORE: 8 of 10

NANCY ROBERTS -

Wonderful author, very detailed in her writing. Most of her books, to my knowledge, are out of print, but can be found through Barnes and Noble website. there are ten books that I am familiar with, including "AMERICA'S MOST HAUNTED PLACES", "ANIMAL GHOST STORIES", "NORTH CAROLINA GHOSTS", and "SOUTH CAROLINA GHOSTS". SCORE: 9 out of 10

Keep looking on line, there are always books to be had, especially in the out-of-print area.

• 2 weeks later...

My two personal favorites:

The Mothman Prophecies, by John A. Keel (worth checking out, don't associate it with the overproduced Hollywood movie)

Hunt for the Skinwalker, Colm Kelleher and George Knapp