Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Black Fuzzy Orbs like a Kush Ball

Kuro_Neko

I know its been more than a decade since you posted this. But I have the same experience for the past 2 years. That black thing passes through the ceiling and travels on my side of the bed (only). Sometimes it tries to float towards me and when I notice it, it goes back near the ceiling. It also changes shapes, has very long tentacles that try to reach me or or sometimes a small humanoid that attaches itself in the corner of the ceiling. When i flash it with my mobile phone it goes away but then I turn off the lights, it re appeears. please do reply. I've been looking for people with the same experiences. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XtraSalsa said:

I know its been more than a decade since you posted this. But I have the same experience for the past 2 years. That black thing passes through the ceiling and travels on my side of the bed (only). Sometimes it tries to float towards me and when I notice it, it goes back near the ceiling. It also changes shapes, has very long tentacles that try to reach me or or sometimes a small humanoid that attaches itself in the corner of the ceiling. When i flash it with my mobile phone it goes away but then I turn off the lights, it re appeears. please do reply. I've been looking for people with the same experiences. 

Banish it

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, XtraSalsa said:

how? I want to know.

Simply by banishing it with an LBRP or by playing this vid, yes it might sound like one big joke but it isn't believe me. I got rid of whatever was in my place Simply by playing it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/26/2008 at 3:53 PM, Kuro_Neko said:

:( KUSH BALLS.. they sell them at the toy stores.. They're squishy balls with tenticle-like things on them...

It's spelled Koosh Ball.  What you are describing sounds a bit like soot sprites from Hayao Miyazaki's "Spirited Away".  (Also tentacle isn't spelled like that, you'll be chucked out of all the Hentai channels if you persist in mis-spelling it). Yes I am a recovering weeb.  I've been anime free for 8 years now, but I can be persuaded to backslide.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, 'Walt' E. Kurtz said:

Simply by banishing it with an LBRP or by playing this vid, yes it might sound like one big joke but it isn't believe me. I got rid of whatever was in my place Simply by playing it. 

Seriously. The stuff works.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I see it's been a couple years since anyone posted about this.  I am amazed so many people have had almost the exact same experience I just had.  Today is January 16,2024.  I was asleep, an afternoon nap.  My alarm went off and I was in a deep sleep.  I opened my eyes and looked to see where my phone/alarm was.  I looked up and saw this dark spiky looking orb about a foot below the ceiling and close to my bed. It was dark, but more charcoal than solid black.  It was about 2 inches and round.  it moved like a spider might as hanging from a web so my first thought was that it was a large spider.  I blinked a couple times to make sure I wasn't imagining it.  It started floating directly over my head/ bed, but several feet above me.  I was fearful it might fall on me, but I'm not terrified of spiders so I wasn't freaked out.  I wasn't afraid of it, but thought it was REALLY weird and I was aware this was a very unusual thing happening.  it continued to float, almost with a slight bounce, across the ceiling toward the left side of the bed.  I knew then that if it fell it wouldn't fall on me, it was past by direct line of fall, so I reached for my phone to turn off the obnoxiously loud alarm and also to turn on the phone flashlight so I could see this thing better.  It was dark in my room but not completely.  It was 5:30 and the blinds were down but the sun had not completely gone down so there was some light.   As soon as I looked back at it, it was gone.  I looked with the flashlight but it had completely disappeared.

Coincidentally, I have been reading online about spirits, ghosts, and the like.  Reincarnation mostly.  I enjoy reading mostly about reincarnation and many articles (thanks goggle) have popped up. So with downtime lately and the fact that these articles are popping up, I've been reading more.  Could this have anything to do with it?  I am open to the other side, but do not want to invite or welcome anything dark.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NJ2VAgirl said:

I see it's been a couple years since anyone posted about this.  I am amazed so many people have had almost the exact same experience I just had.  Today is January 16,2024.  I was asleep, an afternoon nap.  My alarm went off and I was in a deep sleep.  I opened my eyes and looked to see where my phone/alarm was.  I looked up and saw this dark spiky looking orb about a foot below the ceiling and close to my bed. It was dark, but more charcoal than solid black.  It was about 2 inches and round.  it moved like a spider might as hanging from a web so my first thought was that it was a large spider.  I blinked a couple times to make sure I wasn't imagining it.  It started floating directly over my head/ bed, but several feet above me.  I was fearful it might fall on me, but I'm not terrified of spiders so I wasn't freaked out.  I wasn't afraid of it, but thought it was REALLY weird and I was aware this was a very unusual thing happening.  it continued to float, almost with a slight bounce, across the ceiling toward the left side of the bed.  I knew then that if it fell it wouldn't fall on me, it was past by direct line of fall, so I reached for my phone to turn off the obnoxiously loud alarm and also to turn on the phone flashlight so I could see this thing better.  It was dark in my room but not completely.  It was 5:30 and the blinds were down but the sun had not completely gone down so there was some light.   As soon as I looked back at it, it was gone.  I looked with the flashlight but it had completely disappeared.

Coincidentally, I have been reading online about spirits, ghosts, and the like.  Reincarnation mostly.  I enjoy reading mostly about reincarnation and many articles (thanks goggle) have popped up. So with downtime lately and the fact that these articles are popping up, I've been reading more.  Could this have anything to do with it?  I am open to the other side, but do not want to invite or welcome anything dark.  

Welcome to UM. Hope you find some answers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NJ2VAgirl said:

Yes it can. If you talk to a skeptic they might say you have put these thoughts into your head or maybe sleep paralysis which is a possibility. I feel, as a person having experienced a lot of paranormal is that it puts you in a frame of mind that allows you to see these entities or other things. I have seen a black ball about the size of a soccer ball that looked spikey and had sort of sparks coming out. My brothers pitbull attacked it and it vanished but that was proof for me it was not imagined. Welcome to the forum NJ.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NJ2VAgirl said:

but do not want to invite or welcome anything dark. 

No you don't, you are on the right track :tu:.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, openozy said:
10 hours ago, openozy said:

My brothers pitbull attacked it and it vanished but that was proof for me it was not imagined. Welcome to the forum NJ.

Validation is so important.  I truly feel if someone else had been in the room they would have seen it also.  It was real, but my altered state (having just woken up - though it wasn't sleep paralysis because I've had that before and it's horrible) may very well have been what made me 'open' to seeing this thing, I think.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, NJ2VAgirl said:

Coincidentally, I have been reading online about spirits, ghosts, and the like.

We will never know what these entities are, some people like to name them, probably to refer them to other's sightings. I did get a bad feeling off the ball thing I saw, there was a lot of negativity in my home at the time and I feel these bad things are drawn to this. Have you had other experiences or was that the first? I'm asking because it may be the start of your journey. I've had them for about 45 to 50 years and nothing surprises or frightens me these days.