Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anybody watching the debate? Thoughts?

Dixie-Girl

This is my first chance since Hurricane Gustov swept thru (and made one huge mess) to get on these boards. Just wondering if anyone is watching. Thoughts?

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Whangarei

• IrishAidan07

• BlindMessiah

• Omnaka

Why won't McCain look directly at Obama? He looks like he's really intimidated by him and won't look. Its been on for 40 minutes and he's not looked at him once!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes... welcome back.

Thanks. Good to be back.

Why won't McCain look directly at Obama? He looks like he's really intimidated by him and won't look. Its been on for 40 minutes and he's not looked at him once!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps he's afraid of being mezmerized? ;)

The debate is to address the public, not each other.

Perhaps he's afraid of being mezmerized? ;)

The debate is to address the public, not each other.

The moderator has asked no less than a million times for the candidates to address their comments to each other. On top of this Blinky McSmirky is lookin'likaliar in half the stuff he says. He wants to cut spending and help veterans....did I mention I'm a maverick??????? wash rinse repeat :o

53 minutes and not one direct gaze. He can't look him in the eye. He doesn't even acknowledge him! Holy CRAP!!!!! :angry:

Bad strategy big time. I bet you twenty bucks it will be in all the papers tomorrow!!!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...27144126AAcKqOs

It seems insecure people and liars are famous for not looking people in the eye. Bad campaign move. Way to p*** off the black community for not even having the decency to look your black candidate in the face. That's really going to make people mad as hell. Mark my words. :no:

Edited by Whangarei

How many times has Obama said "John is absolutely right....". I think five.

I've missed you MasterPro!

Sarcasm is your answer? We'll see tomorrow if the race card isn't thrown. No he should have simply acknowledged his presence? Why the run to the extreme? You know I'm right. Its rude to do this and people will totally roll this as racist. 59 minutes and not so much as a glance? I mean I haven't watched debates before is this normal? :blink:

I'm watching right now at 59 minutes past 9 and he's talking directly to McCain and he's totally looking down and ignoring him. I'm not talking about when McCain is giving the speech but when Obama is addressing him by name and looking at him.

Edited by Whangarei

Sarcasm is your answer? We'll see tomorrow if the race card isn't thrown. No he should have simply acknowledged his presence? Why the run to the extreme? You know I'm right. Its rude to do this and people will totally roll this as racist. 59 minutes and not so much as a glance? I mean I haven't watched debates before is this normal? :blink:

I'm watching right now at 59 minutes past 9 and he's talking directly to McCain and he's totally looking down and ignoring him. I'm not talking about when McCain is giving the speech but when Obama is addressing him by name and looking at him.

For me, I'm just not concerned with who's looking at who. Their answers are more important, but that's my opinion. I did notice that Obama gave McCain the serious evil eye a few times. Funny.

For me, I'm just not concerned with who's looking at who. Their answers are more important, but that's my opinion. I did notice that Obama gave McCain the serious evil eye a few times. Funny.

Good point. I'm not a big fan of body language BS. Sometimes yes, but otherwise I think too much is put on a gesture.

Yeah well I've been on UM all week so their answers aren't really new to me. Its the same thing. I'm really watching this to see how they conduct themselves under pressure. And all I can think is a president who won't look people in the eye is not going to make a very good impression to foreign leaders at all.

Oh and what sparks of brilliance do you see fluttering out of McCain's mouth? He looks like he's trying to find his drool cup on the podium and is repeating the same crap over and over again. :lol:

I mean seriously if you were in Obama's shoes it wouldn't bother you at all? I'd be screaming LOOOOOK AT MEEEEEEEEEEEE! by now! LOL :P

Edited by Whangarei

Well it doesn't seem to be working very well. We'll see tomorrow. Mark my words, its going to make him look bad. Its already on the internet. I googled it. And of course, as I said the race card has been played. :whistle:

Well it doesn't seem to be working very well. We'll see tomorrow. Mark my words, its going to make him look bad. Its already on the internet. I googled it. And of course, as I said the race card has been played. :whistle:

If you're going to go by the media reports, let's face it - G-d himself could come down and bless McCain and the usual talking heads would find some bad way to spin it. :o

Come on, are you serious? MasterPo you're a pretty reasonable cookie. :tu: You have to admit that its a bit bizarre to stand there for two hours and not even look your opponent in the eye? He looks like he can't face him. Apparently Kennedy and Nixon wen through the same thing? Weirdness. :blink:

Obama does look alittle jarred by it, to tell you the truth. A few times, as he stared McCain down he looked abit shell-shocked. I don't think he expected McCain to be as agressive as he's been.

You and I don't know what's going through McCain's head.

All I'm saying is that it's pretty weak to hang your hat on something like that to condem the guy.

Remember when that other senator (forgot his name alread) during the primaries went over and shook Hilary's hand? The media had a field day with him about "invading her space"! :rofl:

Body language analysis is 99% BS.

I'm not asking you all of that. I'm not a Body Language expert and this is nothing to do with body language. Its about respect. Its rude to discuss something with someone for two hours and not even bother to look at the person you are talking about. Its like a divorce court or something. And I guarantee you that he's going to lose the election because of this. Like I said, mark my words. We have a huge problem with diplomacy right now. Huge. And this is not someone I would trust dealing with others. He looks insecure. If he was saying some really remarkable stuff that would be different. But its the same schpeil. :wacko:

Edited by Whangarei

And I guarantee you that he's going to lose the election because of this. Like I said, mark my words.

If this is as much an issue as you seem to feel it is and he looses because of this then I fear deeply for our futures as a nation and a society.

Notices you still haven't answered my basic question. Don't you think its rude to ignore someone's presence for two hours? I guess avoidance is the Republican style or something. :P

Notices you still haven't answered my basic question. Don't you think its rude to ignore someone's presence for two hours? I guess avoidance is the Republican style or something. :P

He's there, he's talking, he's responding. Doesn't seem like ignoring to me.