Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anybody watching the debate? Thoughts?

Dixie-Girl

Nah, I'm anti-bush. Proud libertarian or as some would say... lolbertarian. :tu:

This hard liberal I know once told me that a Libertarian is nothing more than Republican-Lite. LOL.

Edited by IrishLexie

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Whangarei

• IrishAidan07

• BlindMessiah

• Omnaka

"We Beg You With All Our Hearts" not "Do it and we'll stone you."

Difference. Big one.

... okay... what would happen if my wife and I tried to spend a couple weeks, months in that neighborhood and disregarded the sign?

This hard liberal I know once told me that a Libertarian is nothing more than Republican-Lite. LOL.

Libertarians have as much in common with republicans as democrats.

No I'm just noticing that people who are actually talking about what was said during the debate have agreed with the observation if not the conclusion :yes: . And those in stanch disagreement because they "like McCain" are accusing me of being a McCain basher and saying absolutely nothing about the actual debate. So now that you've had a chance to google key points or watch clips on youtube perhaps you'd like to discuss the debate rather than looking for fights as you seem to always do with people on this site. :w00t: If you are rude to me again or attack me again I will not respond to you. I have received no PMs and no warnings at all since I've been here and it seems to me that you like to try to cause trouble. Your points are ranting and trying to divide people and cause arguments. You have been incorrect so far in all your points except for liking fishing. :P Either discuss the debate or don't expect any further replies.

Are we talking about what happened ealier again? Gee, I thought we oughta let that go. I'm letting it go. Anyway, I've got like everyone - save you and Acid - on my side in this one, so I'm cool with that. I guess only you and Acid watched the debate. The rest of us don't know what we're talking about. ^_^

I have given you very solid reasons.

I submit that you may not know your own self as much as you think you do.

If you truly do believe in conservative principles such as the ones I've mentioned above, the only way you can reasonable expect anything even close to those principles to be enacted into law is with the Republican party. The Democrat party in it's current state stands for all that is opposite of conervative principles. If you think you will achieve the conservative policies as I've mentioned with a Democrat President you are very mistaken.

As I have said here (and else where) many times, you may not like McCain or Obama. But the reality is one of them will be President on 11/5. Wishing for another choice at this stage just isn't rational.

So take your stand.

We're not betting horses here. I don't feel that I'm wasting my vote if I vote for an Independent or other lesser-known candidate. I'm rationally selecting a candidate who I think will be the best president. Isn't that our obligation as a citizen?

Are we talking about what happened ealier again? Gee, I thought we oughta let that go. I'm letting it go. Anyway, I've got like everyone - save you and Acid - on my side in this one, so I'm cool with that. I guess only you and Acid watched the debate. The rest of us don't know what we're talking about. ^_^

Stop trying to circle the wagons by speaking in "we" terms. Speak for yourself. :tu:

Ok folks, let's just back away from the keyboards for a moment and take a deep breath. These personal jibes and attacks are not helpful, particularly when they become unnecessarily personal. Consider this a public notice aimed at all in this thread to get back to the topic and stop arguing and insulting each other. If it continues, the thread will be closed and warnings issued as deemed appropriate.

Thank you,

... okay... what would happen if my wife and I tried to spend a couple weeks, months in that neighborhood and disregarded the sign?

I don't know. If you and your wife are American, they'd probably kiss you both for saving their asses I don't know how often.

Edited by IrishLexie

Wow, I just went through 8 pages of arguing over whether or not someone looked at someone else. Please, its tiring. Anways I think I can sum it up.

"We gotta cut spending. We gotta cut spending. We gotta cut spending. Earmarks are worse then the 10billion a month we lose in Iraq. Obama dosn't support the military. I got a braclet. Don't talk to countries. Mr.Obama just dosn't get it. Don't talk to countries. Mr.Obama just dosn't get it."

So now I didn't watch the debate and I like McCain. You should go into the news business. Your ability to twist reality into complete confirmation of your views to the point where it isn't even recognizable is an amazing talent.

I didn't twist I asked you a question and you refused to answer it. I'm sorry that's not twisting. I can only go by what you tell me. :tu:

Cain Said we will come home wituh Victory and Honor.

I see no victory, or Honor in Killing Our Brothers across the world, Or The tax Payer at Home.

What happens when america gets sick of sending their sons and daughters over there to police The world?

He says they are Winning , At What cost to Him?

At the cost of our brother's life?

He and Busch and I woulds not be surpriseds to learn Obama owns some kind Of Stock in this war Machine.

Mercenaries For Hire Is what The US troops are to The oil CO (Cain Bush OILCo,)

America is founded On freedom Of religion and Freewill, Why are we Pushing Our way on another? Yes I disagree witgh Genocide and Don't like the way The Muslim world treat their women,, But many of those who live there Are comfortable with it, lit them have it, Their war has been going on for Two thousand years.

They talk about brothers lives as Numbers and Make a profit. he says He's gonna hold those responsoble for the financial and Crimes against humanity, I hope he does not forget to include himself and Hisd boss acountable..

When I hear these guys talk about accountability I get so disgusted as they wast Life For a dollar.

Yes, " (Barak) no soldier Dies in Vain, Even if it is to make a buck. The American WAY.

Sanctions hurt another people who is already down, and another Poor excuse For war and Judging another culture.

Yes, Genocide is wrong IMo. So is invading another country to make it how you want it.

Two wrongs do not make a right. This killing has to stop and it won't ever happen with more Killing.

How many wars will it take to understand this.

When these Fools are exposed for who they are and what they have Don, especially profiting off your Childs BLood, I hope all stop this nonsense.

Vote your Conscience , Mine says Stop killing My brothers.

LIVE and LET Live. Feed The hungry and strip the power from this sad *** Government which wishes to bleed the individual dry.. They are the access Of evil.

If we care so much about Others welfare, why not just invite them over here?( the ones who don't want to be apart of a religious Regime)The US Troops being over there is a contradiction in terms. I'm killing you to save you.

I'm sure the mothers over there are not falling for this LIE!

I think Barak is a lying Piece Of Shirt, I hope he proves me wrong.

We all came from somewhere, Why stop now, instead of invading Lands which Do not belong to US. , Just invite them over here, instead Of shipping all the food and stuffs over there , Give them freedom, instead of Fighting for it.

I just solved the war Ladies and gentelmen Brothers and sisters.

These Guys are freekin out of their cotten picken minds!

He looks like MR Rogers Playing down to a little kid , Breaking it down , like they do in The army, make it so even a third Grader can break his weapon down.

I say let the economy Tank For what those in this administration Have wrought, And Then The next president will be proud To be The one who led us out Of the dark ages, Instead of rewarding criminal s.

In closing, The biggest threat we face, Is these jerks.

Only with Compassion and Love can Our Honor and achievement be Recognised By The Universe, Not By killing Our Own kind.

LOve is POwer, hate Is weakness.

Love Omnaka.

Thanks Omnaka,

There will be no winner in an Occupation...........(remind people that the Iraq War is not a war)

and,

All KILLED have died in Vain.......(the honor crap is a old form of brainwashing people by spreading guilt onto your consience)

Ok folks, let's just back away from the keyboards for a moment and take a deep breath. These personal jibes and attacks are not helpful, particularly when they become unnecessarily personal. Consider this a public notice aimed at all in this thread to get back to the topic and stop arguing and insulting each other. If it continues, the thread will be closed and warnings issued as deemed appropriate.

Thank you,

*deep inhale*

10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

*deep exhale*

I didn't twist I asked you a question and you refused to answer it. I'm sorry that's not twisting. I can only go by what you tell me. :tu:

I'm pretty sure everyone and their brother told you they watched the debate and simply did not agree with your conclusion of McCain's behavior. I don't know how much clearer he could be. :tsu:

Exactly what question did I refuse to answer?

We're not betting horses here. I don't feel that I'm wasting my vote if I vote for an Independent or other lesser-known candidate. I'm rationally selecting a candidate who I think will be the best president. Isn't that our obligation as a citizen?

You have every right to vote for whomever you want. At least you're voting unlike some others.

But the reality is the next President will be McCain or Obama. That is undeniable.

There comes a point when even a rational free choice looks&feels more like a wish if the choice has very low chances of affecting the greater out come of events.

I've been thinking quite a bit that this might be an election where the Independent candidate wins because a lot of disgruntled people go into the election booths on election day and say "well I don't want to waste my vote so I'll just vote for the Independent candidate." would be weirdness all around! :D

I'm pretty sure everyone and their brother told you they watched the debate and simply did not agree with your conclusion of McCain's behavior. I don't know how much clearer he could be. :tsu:

Do you wish to continue to derail the thread or do you have anything you'd like to comment about the debate? Thoughts?

But the reality is the next President will be McCain or Obama. That is undeniable.

That is.

Nope I say vote Your Conscience and Have faith that everuy one ele will also Masa Po.

By the way why arent there any independants fieldig Questions on stage?

Is Cnn Owned By the repubs and Dems only.

LOve Omnaka

Do you wish to continue to derail the thread or do you have anything you'd like to comment about the debate? Thoughts?

*stares in shock*

You are talking to the wrong person.

*stares in shock*

You are talking to the wrong person.

Really? Please show me anything he's said about the debate at all? ;):lol:

Edited by Whangarei

Gee, I thought we were discussing the debate. ^_^ If anyone is derailing the thread, it would be you, my darling. Didn't you just accuse me and several others of not watching the debate and simply Googling to start arguments? :yes:

I told you that Blind and I and others have said we watched the debate. We did not agree with your conclusion of McCain's behavior. I don't know how much clearer we could be. Is that derailing the thread? We are, after all, discussing McCain's behavior this evening. :tu:

I see no victory, or Honor in Killing Our Brothers across the world

91% of civilian deaths in Iraq have been caused by Muslim insurgents and militias,not American troops. It is the Muslim insurgents and militias who are suicide bombing civilians in crowded markets. It is the Muslim insurgents and militias who are using children in car bombs. It is the Muslim insurgents and militias who are BEHEADING PEOPLE ON CAMERA.

America is founded On freedom Of religion and Freewill, Why are we Pushing Our way on another?

The radical Muslims tried to push their way on us when they attacked on 9/11.

I solved the war damnit , Did no one notice?

On the last page.

Man this thread went two pages in two minuits.

Love Omnaka

Gee, I thought we were discussing the debate. ^_^ If anyone is derailing the thread, it would be you, my darling. Didn't you just accuse me and several others of not watching the debate and simply Googling to start arguments? :yes:

I told you that Blind and I and others have said we watched the debate. We did not agree with your conclusion of McCain's behavior. I don't know how much clearer we could be. Is that derailing the thread? We are, after all, discussing McCain's behavior this evening. :tu:

Ok so what are your thoughts about the debate? Any key points that jumped out at you?