Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Increase your astral projection skills [merged]

darkbreed

Originally some tips I wrote to a guy who pm'ed me, but I think it may come in handy for other people as well so I'm posting what I told him here:

To get to the basics first: Don't try to astral project at night or when you are very tired, as this most certainly will lead you to black out / fall asleep instead of having a successful projection. Are you doing it in the night? If so this is probably the reason. The best time of day to astral project is in the morning just when you've waked up, or in the middle of day or afternoon / evening. The night is usually the worst time to try as your body and mind is too tired then. Morning is usually the best of them all, as your mind and body is rested, and already in a close state to astral projection from just having slept, so if you just lay still and try to project then this can be successful.

Here is a couple methods you may want to try out:

1. -Wake up, Get up, and go back to bed:

This means, you should put your alarm clock to wake you a bit earlier than normal, lets say 6 hours of sleep and then make your alarm clock wake you up. Then, get up from bed, and do something for 30 min to 1 hour to get yourself awake - it is STRONGLY helpful if you spent this time with reading some books or other material about astral projection as this will affect your subcounscious mind to make it easier for you to astral project.

In any case, after 30min to 1 hour, go back to bed, and do any astral projection method and you may find that it is much easier to get into the state of mind needed and then project from there.

The "Stay awake" method:

Here you simply go to bed when you are tired and have your eyes open. You may blink of course now and then so your eyes doesnt dry up. The point is to just lie in your bed with your eyes open just like if you are awake and just look around in the room and notice everything in the room, take care of looking at all details and making it imprinted into your mind, just lie there in bed with your eyes open until you pass out / fall asleep from being too tired. At this point you may find yourself in your astral body, or in the astral state ready to project, because your body is asleep but your mind/astral body should still be awake as you forced yourself to stay awake - it was your body falling asleep. To enhance this method you can repeat over and over some times like a mantra or self-suggestion in your mind "When my body falls asleep, I will be awake in my astral body and project" - this can increase the effect and program your mind to automatically become aware inside your astral body when you fall asleep.

3. Self suggestions:

This is basically like last part of the above mentioned method, but instead you do any astral projection method of your choice, and you simply say to yourself over and over "When my body falls asleep, I will be awake in my astral body and project" or something similar, for example "I will now enter my astral body and project out of my physical" etc. You get the Idea original.gif

4. Imagine yourself where you want to go:

In this method, you simply go to bed, and you think of the place you want to project- it can be as simple as your own bedroom. The point is to try visualize the place, lets use your bedroom in this example, as good as possible and feel yourself being there. Now, in this example since you are imagining that you are in your bedroom, you should focus your attention and awareness on a specific place in the bedroom away from your physical body. This can be for example the ceiling - imagine yourself floating right under your ceiling, try to really FEEL yourself being up there and how it would feel to float there right under the ceiling. At one point you may feel yourself starting to vibrate or float, then try to increase this feeling and make it stronger, until you separate and find yourself floating under the ceiling. This method is specially useful if you already are able to get into the astral projection state without trouble, when in this state just do as I described. It also helps using self suggestions here too like in the examples mentioned above.

You can of course also use any other "target" of your choice but its best to use a place you know very well, such as the place of family or friends, and visualize and try feel yourself there, as in the example above with the ceiling.

5. Lucid dreams:

If you are able to have lucid dreams (dreams where you know you are dreaming and you are very aware) you can project astrally from these dreams very easy- Just focus your attentions and "will" yourself out of body, just imagine yourself flying out of the dream and out of your physical body and you are free and out flying. If you dont know about lucid dreams or how to achieve them, do a search on google, its tons of info on it out there and for some people this method is more effective than any of the others.

6. Body awareness

In this methods, you try send your awareness out of your body and move it around in different ways etc.. For example, you lie in your bed, and imagine and feel yourself floating out to the right all the way to the wall, then bounce back into your body, through your body, and out on the left side and to the wall on left of you. Then send awareness back again through your body to the right wall etc, just continue doing this for a while, sending your awareness back and forth from right to left, trying to really feel yourself being at those places and feeling yourself floating through your body and out on the other side. After having done this for several minutes, move on to trying to imagine and feel yourself bouncing up and down instead, like sending your awareness up from your body and up to the ceiling, then back down through your body and down to the ground. Repeat this too for a while, and move on to another part: Back and Forth, this means try to feel yourself floating out of your feet and feel your awareness outside your body moving down to the wall by the end of your feet, then move back up through your body and out of your head to the wall at end of your head (if your head, or any other side of your body, is placed directly towards a wall, just imagine yoursel floating through that wall some meters)

Then try to imagine yourself on gentle ocean waves, floating up and down, rocking your body softly up and down, from side to side, back and forth etc. Try to really feel how it would be to lie floating on ocean waves being moved around. You should start feeling your body moving up and down etc just like you actually were on waves. At any point you feel like it you may try to project out of your body.

This method alone can be enough to get you out, but it is also a "loosening" method that makes you aware of your astral body, and makes it more loose and disconnected from your physical body, so actually this method can be something you start with to loosen yourself up from your physical, and then you can do any other astral projection method after it to increase the effects and be more sure to have an astral projection.

7. Ask for help

Yes, you can ask your guides (spirit guides, and guardian angels) to help you out. This has shown to be a very useful method for me. As you are in the state of astral projection, trying to project, simply say out loud in your mind "I ask for help to get out!" or "Please help me get out of my body my dear spirit guides!" or "I would be really greatful for any help I can get to fly out of my body!" and so on. And, you may then suddenly feel like somebody is grabbing your hands and pulling you out, or even like someone is lifting your body up in the air etc. Your spirit guides are always there ready to assist and help you - even when you are out of your body you may ask them to come to help you with different things or to teach you things (an spirit guide actually taught me a method of astral projection)

You may of course try to alter these methods and mix them in a way you prefer and that feels more comfortable or easier for you, as every person is different and some things that work for some might not work for others - but at least now you got several different methods to try out here.

Once you actually DO get out, you may find it useful to say out loud "AWARENESS NOW!" if you find yourself a bit sluggish and not so aware, and also "CONTROL NOW!" if you find difficulties in moving around properly as you want, and even "CLARITY NOW!" if you find you dont see well etc.

THE IMPORTANCE OF DIARIES:

The trick is to get your memory back with you. It's kind of the same problem as with dreams, sometimes we just remember vague parts of them. This is due to what is called the mind-split effect:

When you go out of your body, you are aware of your astral body, and your mind is focused in the astral body. At the same time, your physical body and physical brain is sleeping, and the physical brain is recording whatever the physical body experiences (which is just sleeping). So, when you get back, you have to "overwrite" this physical bodys memory with your astral bodys memory. The best way to do this is to start slowly, by just keeping out some seconds at a time, like 10 seconds, then return to your body while thinking "I will remember this!" and immediately get up from bed and write down your whole experience.

Then you can try to keep out longer and longer for each time you project. Every time you are about to go back to your body, say out loud "I will remember this!". You may also make an affirmation while performing your astral projection method of choice too, where you say to yourself "I will now go out of body and be completely aware in my astral body and remember everything that happens when I return to my physical body".

Every time after projecting, or even trying to projecting and thinking you have failed, write down in a special diary that you have just for this purpose everything you can remember about the experience, all details, from the very beginning of the projection (such as what method you used, sensations you felt before projection, sensations at the moment of separation, sensations and feelings after, things you saw, experienced and so on while out, sensations on moment of re-entering your body, etc) - Write it all down, and read through it after you wrote it down to see if you remember more you can add. Then just let go of the diary or the rest of the day, and later in the evening or night, read through the experience again and maybe you'll notice you remember more details, more things starting to come into your mind.

This diary, if done every time as I just told, will greatly improve your astral projection skills - even just reading it before trying to project will help a lot! Heck, and place it under your pillow at night and when trying to project to further improve the results.

In addition to your Astral Projection Diary, you should keep a Dream Diary. This is a separate diary, where you write down all dreams you have EVERY morning when you wake up - just as with the astral diary, write down everything you can remember from the dreams you had the night before you just woke up. Then read through it once and see if more details can be added, and as with the astral diary, read through it another time later in the evening or day, to see if you perhaps remember even more.

The purpose of this is to increase your dream memory as well as your astral abilities - in total it will make you better at both remembering your dreams, recalling your astral adventures, and becoming a more skilled and good astral projector. In addition, it will start making your dreams more spiritual in nature, you will start to have spontaneous projections at night while sleeping without even trying, that you will either remember in the morning, or you will wake up in the night and remember it after getting back to your body (remember to write down these experiences too!).

It is very important and of great help and assistance for yourself and your spiritual development to do this. I can't stress that enough, you really should get both an Astral Diary, and a Dream Diary, and write down in both of them every day (or at least every morning in the Dream Diary, and every time you try to project, or have a spontaneous projection in the Astral Diary).

It will also be a good reference for you to check your improvement later on, and to go back and review specific episodes and experiences. And it will be great to have it all logged so you can go back and re-read any experience or interesting dream you've had at any time you want to. And as said, reading these diaries both before astral projecting or going to sleep will greatly improve both your astral skills as well as your dreams.

Reading astral projection related books and litterature on the internet etc will also help, as your subcounscious mind will absorb it and put it into work and help you in the background to develop your astral abilities and make you have them more easier.

With all my best wishes for success, and hope you'll have some new interesting astral adventures this night too! (Or try do it in the morning or day as I suggested as its easier then than in the night)

Regards,

Edward Alexander

Hehe...I'm the guy that pm'd him! LOL...Hey drakbreed, do you know any methods that once I get out, it will kind of throw me out, i need a way to get out so that I know I'm out of body. Not like last night when once I got out, I didn't relize it until hours after I woke up, I just sat at my bed staring around my room, unaware I was asleep, so I think if i was thrown out, or i got out in a way that keeps me away from thinking that its normal to be there(like my bed, moving nera my dresser or something might help) then i'll rleize im out of body and I cna do stuff...thanks!

Well my best advice is to follow the directions I've given you, and you'll see yourself floating out sooner than you might think. However, astral projection is something that usually takes some time to learn, though some people are more lucky and can master it rather quickly.

When it comes to your wish about being "thrown out", well that should not really be necessary as once you just float up and find yourself floating under the ceiling, you'll know you are out anyway. So, when you are there in bed, just think about flying out, try to feel yourself floating, and even ask for help to be pulled out - actually that may be the trick you are looking for, if you just ask for help, someone might just help you getting "thrown out" :)

Give it a shot, and good luck mate!

Well, i have been practicing for 2 weeks. But the thing is, I can't really imagine floating when I'm already out, because I don't relise I am out...That was the first time, so if it happens again tonight I bet I will notice at first. And I am afraid to try and ask because I have read that doing that without specificing who or ehat you wnat to hep you can admit entities to get u out and cause you harm of frighten you..

Ask for the true angels of God and divine protection to be with you, and that only those true spirit guides that are there for you to help and guide you will be the ones able to help you out and be there with you. Then, by the protection of the higher divine, you will not need to worry about any "bad" entities coming around. Not that they normally do in any case. I've been astral projection for more than a decade, 12-13 years or so now, and I can count on one hand the negative experiences I've had, and they weren't really that bad.

So, don't worry, just ask for guidance and help and if you are open and trust yourself and the divine, the help will come. If you still prefer to not ask for help that's ok too, just continue practicing, I say you got pretty good results already from only 2 weeks of practice.

Just flow with the experience and you'll get there soon, at some point you'll find yourself popping outta that body and be floating around in yer room (or maybe somewhere else too, depends).

So, good luck mate and keep up the good work! Read through my original tips and suggestions, and try keep to them and try out the different methods, and remember to keep the diaries I mentioned, it is very important and very useful to assure greater success.

Cheers!

Thanks! Yea, last night had nothing, I think I lost the concentration, because when It worked 2 nights ago I was relle focused, last night I wasn't, hopefully I will be this time...

Try the morning, middle of day or evening as I suggested.

It might show more useful and give better results and make you recall the experiences easier as well.

And don't forget those diaries ;)

Good luck and keep on practicing!

Hey,

I have found that by simply imagining yourself getting bigger works very well.

I just imagine that I am filling the room and then once I feel comfortable with that I move outside and look down at my house, I just slowly imagine myself becoming bigger until I am amongst the stars.

Don't imagine yourself becoming further away just bigger.

I have to agree with darkbreed, I find it much easier to achieve this in the morning after a good sleep.

Yeah getting bigger is also a method I've heard people use. It is interesting to not that when you are in the astral realms, you can actually manipulate your size, or the size of any part of your body (no naughty ideas now kids ;) ) and expand yourself in any direction. So it does makes sense, if you are able to feel and visualize yourself growing bigger until you're expanded out in the room, and even further if you want as Equaly Infintite does by expanding himself all the way out to the universe.

Good tip, and please feel free to add suggestions anyone who have other successful methods they are using, as one person once said (can't remember the name) there is as many methods as there is people out there on how to astral project.

So keep up the good work and just practice various methods until you find one that "clicks" for you - it may be one of your own that you never read about anywhere! If so please do share it:)

Best wishes,

Edward Alexander

Hey darkbreed, I havebeen slightly sick with a cold for the past two days and I haven't been able to even get the signs...But is it because I'm sick? Because its kind of hard to sleep in the first place...Should I not even try until I get better?

You can still keep on practicing though it may be harder when you are sick and have hard time relaxing etc. On the other hand, many people experienced their first OBEs when they were sick as your body is weak then, specially when lack of sleep is also a problem, so you may get something out of it in any case.

Best of luck, and be well soon!

thanks

nothing big though

just a slight cough, little bit of uncomfort when tryin to sleep...thats it...

The "Stay awake" method:

Here you simply go to bed when you are tired and have your eyes open. You may blink of course now and then so your eyes doesnt dry up. The point is to just lie in your bed with your eyes open just like if you are awake and just look around in the room and notice everything in the room, take care of looking at all details and making it imprinted into your mind, just lie there in bed with your eyes open until you pass out / fall asleep from being too tired. At this point you may find yourself in your astral body, or in the astral state ready to project, because your body is asleep but your mind/astral body should still be awake as you forced yourself to stay awake - it was your body falling asleep. To enhance this method you can repeat over and over some times like a mantra or self-suggestion in your mind "When my body falls asleep, I will be awake in my astral body and project" - this can increase the effect and program your mind to automatically become aware inside your astral body when you fall asleep.

5. Lucid dreams:

If you are able to have lucid dreams (dreams where you know you are dreaming and you are very aware) you can project astrally from these dreams very easy- Just focus your attentions and "will" yourself out of body, just imagine yourself flying out of the dream and out of your physical body and you are free and out flying. If you dont know about lucid dreams or how to achieve them, do a search on google, its tons of info on it out there and for some people this method is more effective than any of the others.

I have tried both of these methods too, but I dont usually leave the room I have gone right up to the door and I get stuck and cant picture the door opening for me or me going through it. Concentrating and focusing on something in the room has also helped me, but I usually get stuck doing that.

Rapidly waking up and going back to sleep also has helped me as well as a night of FPS zombie/alien killing or a really good scary movie. I usually will myself out by reminding myself that its just a dream, and proof I enter that transition. Sometimes I have to die/get eaten in my dreams before I can will myself out. I can also do it when I start the dream knowing im dreaming, then its a lot easier to get the process going.

Im gonna try some of the other methods too! Thanks for posting this info! I thought I was the only crazy one flying around in my sleep :)

Edited by HolyRocketPropelledGrenade

I have tried lucid dreaming...but I havent been having dreams in a few days...still sick though, it has been hell getting to sleep lately, im prolly jus not gonna try it till i get better, so i wont be tired when i try...

Some extra suggestions on how to improve astral projection skills and get in touch with spirit guides and guardian angels. Actually this post is some answers I wrote to someone who pm'ed me but I feel it might be helpful and useful for some people here too so I'll paste what I wrote to him - ignore the part about the haunted house unless you have problems with that of course, but all the rest you should take notice of and it will greatly improve your skills and connection with the divine masters such as your own spirit guides and guardian angels, as well as the mighty arch angels. Here goes:

In any case, regarding the spirit guides and guardian angels etc, you can do a ritual first to evoke the arch angels and ask them to watch over and protect you and ask them to make sure only your own personal spirit guides and guardian angels are allowed to enter and contact you. I wrote about the whole ritual somewhere else. Here is the link http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...howtopic=116089

I highly recommend you to always perform the LBRP as outlined above before any spiritual work as it protects you and at same time strengthens your abilities and expands your aura and cleanses you and your surroundings for any negative energies.

Then do your astral projection, call on spirit guides etc, actually I add a specific part while doing the LBRP where I do the following: after evoking the arch angels, I ask them for help and guidance, protection and healing etc, then I write a letter to my spirit guides and guardian angels, and read it out for them and ask them to be the witnesses and to carry the message out to my guardian angels and spirit guides and make sure it reaches them (in the letter i basically ask them to please be with me on my side, to help and assist me, and to reveal themselves for me and heal, protect and guide me and so on).

Then after the whole ritual, I do another ritual where I burn the letter ritualistically and imagine the letter going up through the smoke to the astral planes reaching my angels and spirit guides.

I also have a second letter I have written to them, that I always have in front of me on my altar when doing the rituals and also read out loud for the arch angels, but this second letter I keep and put under my pillow every night, and I also read it out loud to my angels or just in silence before going to bed with it under my pillow.

Actually I recommend you get this book: http://www.amazon.com/Spirit-Guides-Angel-.../dp/1567187951/

It has been very useful and helpful for me. And it is after I read that and started implementing some of the methods there into my ritual I had my first physical manifestation of the arch angels which you can read about here:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...s+manifestation

So don't be surprised if you see the arch angels appear for you in the mirror. Make sure to ask if they really are the Angels of God himself, and that only the true angels of God are allowed to appear.

Don't worry if you hear a voice when you ask for the contact - after all you ARE asking them to contact you so that can happen in many ways, such as actually hearing them or even seeing them like in the example above. Just make sure to do the LBRP protection ritual first , write the letters I mentioned, ask God and the Arch Angels to protect you and guide you and help to make sure only your true and real spirit guides and guardian angels will be allowed, and you should be fine.

And in the end, know that no harm can be done to you, if you meet any spirits when projecting, all they can do at most is communicate.

Well don't worry, try out some of my suggestion and try learn that ritual I told you about and do that on a daily basis (both morning and night is optimal, and every time before trying any psychic/spiritual work) and you will cleanse the apartment as well as yourself for any other spirits or negative energies. In addition, at the point of evoking the archangels, ask them to guide the spirit(s) who are trapped and haunting the house to their right destination under the protection and love of God. You may also ask your spirit guides and guardian angels to help you with this task and include this as a message to them in the letter I mentioned you could write to them, one you burn as a ritual after all the other rituals (LBRP etc), and one you keep under your pillow at night and read out for yourself before going to bed every day.

In addition, you can do like I did, get a crystal, quartz is good, and one that is nice and fits easily into your pocket, and at the moment of manifestation of the arch angels, ask them to fill the crystal with their powers of protection, love, healing and guidance and all powers they possess to always be with you - and you may ask your spirit guides and guardian angels to help boost the power of the crystal by filling it with some of their energies as well. Do this every time you do the ritual, and keep the crystal with you in the pocket at daytime, and put it under your pillow at night when going to sleep.

This way you are creating ultimate protection for yourself as well as a method of getting in touch with your spirit helpers in an easier and quicker way.

Remember the "License to Depart" part of the rituals as I mentioned, on that link I gave you on how to perform the rituals. When doing the License to Depart, also make this include the spirits that are already there and that is haunting the place and tell them they are now free and can go in peace and love by the protection of God to where they belong and no longer need to be trapped here on earth.

The above will help you improve your astral projection skills, help you get in touch with your angels and guides, and also help you in the development of other spiritual abilities.

And as always, any questions, feel free to fire them at me.

Best of luck!

-Edward Alexander

Oh, I just realised something...

I know you sya not to do AP at night, but I a teen, very busy, night the only time I have to try AP and other stuff like PSI...Anyways(oh I still have the cold, worse now, so I haven't tried it, I will once I get better), It gets really cold in my room, so I have A LOT of blankets on me, and they really heavy and weigh me down, but would that possible effect AP...By maybe making harder for me to lose awarness of my physical body because of all the weight...Just wondering...

Thanks!

I normally never really had any problem with blankets and astral projection, but I prefer to use something thin and light just because its more comfortable and doesn't disturb the physical senses so much.

Regarding your time, you can do method 1:

1. -Wake up, Get up, and go back to bed:

This means, you should put your alarm clock to wake you a bit earlier than normal, lets say 6 hours of sleep and then make your alarm clock wake you up. Then, get up from bed, and do something for 30 min to 1 hour to get yourself awake - it is STRONGLY helpful if you spent this time with reading some books or other material about astral projection as this will affect your subcounscious mind to make it easier for you to astral project.

In any case, after 30min to 1 hour, go back to bed, and do any astral projection method and you may find that it is much easier to get into the state of mind needed and then project from there.

Of course, you can combine stuff from the other methods and blend it into this exercise - and remember your diaries.

Best of luck!

Thanks

the only problem is I have school

So if I wake up and go back to bed I have nothing to wake me up again..

All you need to do is to put the alarm clock back on normal time before going back to bed of course.. and you're set.

Well as I see a lot of people asking astral projection related questions that has already been answered in this thread, as well as other questions related to the astral, I thought I could bump this thread back up a bit so people who have questions regarding the astral can read through this and perhaps get some of their questions answered through what is already written here, or ask new questions in this thread to anything related to the astral and how to improve astral projection skills, what to experience and expect, and so on, instead of having tons of threads basically asking the same questions over and over.

So anyone interested in the astral, and have any questions or experiences related to this, including sleep paralysis as this is related to the astral, feel feel to ask your questions and tell your experiences here, specially if you have tips and tricks and information that might be helpful to those others trying to experiment with these things.

Thanks all and best wishes of luck to everyone!

-Edward Alexander

Hi thanks for making this topic it looks really helpful and very logical (well, as logical as one would think astral projection can be!) Whenever i try and astral project, and i don't really use a method, i just lie there, and wait, doesn't get me very far though so i don't recommend it. Anyway, i think i'm doing it, and i can feel it and see things and i imagine things, but i can't hear it, and i know i'm still in my body as i have a very vivid imagination and always know when i'm imagining something, it's as if i can still feel myself in my own head...i suppose it's like dictation, i expect something that pops into my head to be astral projection, when i highly doubt it. Any tips to overcome that?

Best Wishes, AoM xx

P.S. For the magick ritual, does it matter if you are not a christian? Only i'd feel a bit of a two face if i was saying all this stuff about god and the power and the glory and not believe in it...

First question first.

Actually, just lying there and waiting for it to happen is what is most useful for many, myself included in many cases at least. But, feel free to try out any other of my suggestions in the main thread, as they will all increase your astral abilities, practice regularly , and you WILL get there!!

For the last part about God. I'm not really a "christian" myself, I just believe in a higher force of creation simply because all I have experienced and seen seems to suggest this is the case. I do not like to call God for "him" but raher "it" as I see it as some force, of mental nature, but not as a being as ourselves, or some old man in the clouds with a beard. I'll not dive much into my personal beliefs and ideas about God here though, rather I suggest, if you do not believe in God, then you should ask yourself, why do you believe in a spirit, and out of body experiences, and astral projection, and thus a soul, which by its nature is religious and bonded to christianity and most other religions believing in a God?

In any case, regarding the rituals, if you really do NOT believ in even the possibiity of a God (something I find strange if you believe in astral projection, spirits, angels etc) then simply replace the godnames and etc with other words that feel more comfortable with you.

For example, when doing the ritual, instead of calling upon YHWH (YudHeVahHeh) you may call upon "Protection", and for the others "Guidance" , "Love", "Insights" and so on, so it realy got nothing to do with god's or spirituality per se, but rather with yourself and what you expect.

All is about you and what you believe and see as truth, so to be successful, follow your intuition, the gut feeling, what you feel is right.

Then, by times, revelations will come.

Good luck, and if any other questions feel free to ask!

Best wishes

-EA

Hi thanks for making this topic it looks really helpful and very logical (well, as logical as one would think astral projection can be!) Whenever i try and astral project, and i don't really use a method, i just lie there, and wait, doesn't get me very far though so i don't recommend it. Anyway, i think i'm doing it, and i can feel it and see things and i imagine things, but i can't hear it, and i know i'm still in my body as i have a very vivid imagination and always know when i'm imagining something, it's as if i can still feel myself in my own head...i suppose it's like dictation, i expect something that pops into my head to be astral projection, when i highly doubt it. Any tips to overcome that?

Best Wishes, AoM xx

P.S. For the magick ritual, does it matter if you are not a christian? Only i'd feel a bit of a two face if i was saying all this stuff about god and the power and the glory and not believe in it...

First question first.

Actually, just lying there and waiting for it to happen is what is most useful for many, myself included in many cases at least. But, feel free to try out any other of my suggestions in the main thread, as they will all increase your astral abilities, practice regularly , and you WILL get there!!

For the last part about God. I'm not really a "christian" myself, I just believe in a higher force of creation simply because all I have experienced and seen seems to suggest this is the case. I do not like to call God for "him" but raher "it" as I see it as some force, of mental nature, but not as a being as ourselves, or some old man in the clouds with a beard. I'll not dive much into my personal beliefs and ideas about God here though, rather I suggest, if you do not believe in God, then you should ask yourself, why do you believe in a spirit, and out of body experiences, and astral projection, and thus a soul, which by its nature is religious and bonded to christianity and most other religions believing in a God?

In any case, regarding the rituals, if you really do NOT believ in even the possibiity of a God (something I find strange if you believe in astral projection, spirits, angels etc) then simply replace the godnames and etc with other words that feel more comfortable with you.

For example, when doing the ritual, instead of calling upon YHWH (YudHeVahHeh) you may call upon "Protection", and for the others "Guidance" , "Love", "Insights" and so on, so it realy got nothing to do with god's or spirituality per se, but rather with yourself and what you expect.

All is about you and what you believe and see as truth, so to be successful, follow your intuition, the gut feeling, what you feel is right.

Then, by times, revelations will come.

Good luck, and if any other questions feel free to ask!

Best wishes

-EA

Ok thanks, its not that i don't belive in any God, i just don't like the christian religion in itself, i know there is something out there, the universe is too big and mysterious for there not to be.

And again thanks, you are a life saver!

Best Wishes, AoM xx

I'm curious........what actually happens when you astrally project? Do you go to some kind of spiritual world or are you just dreaming? Do you remember everything or just bits and pieces? Can you go anywhere or is it just limited to places you've seen, experienced, or been to before? Also, what kind of experiences have you had yourself(if you don't mind me asking)?

Edited by Nee_Nuh

In an astral projection, you go out of your body, and you are as aware and awake as you are when physically awake and up. The only main difference is that you are obviously separated from your physical body, and no longer bound by physical laws, for example you can pass through solid matter, fly , etc.

You can go anywhere in the world, the universe, other dimensions. But there are some restrictions though as some planes or places may be protected from outside visitors by some sort of energy shield that is hard to get through though not impossible.

I could write a whole book about what experiences I've had (actually I am writing a book about astral projection these days) but to tell a couple things I've visited other planets and seen aliens there, gone to other dimensions, met spirits and other astral beings, traveled around in this physical world while out of body, met my spirit guide, gone to really wonderful astral planes that is filled with beauty and friendly inhabitants and even visited another parallel version of our own world where I actually possessed some other persons body for a couple of days and spent my time in that world for those days in that other persons body.

I wrote about that visit to a parallel world and one of my visits to another planet at my blog http://mindsvision.blogspot.net just scroll down there somewhere.

Peace.

I'm curious........what actually happens when you astrally project? Do you go to some kind of spiritual world or are you just dreaming? Do you remember everything or just bits and pieces? Can you go anywhere or is it just limited to places you've seen, experienced, or been to before? Also, what kind of experiences have you had yourself(if you don't mind me asking)?