Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Now this is scary...

SQLserver

From the 9/26 presidential debate:

John McCain said:

How about a spending freeze on everything but defense, veteran affairs and entitlement programs.

Wait. Is he actually serious?

John McCain is actually going to stop federal funding towards everything besides the War and Entitlement programs?

This is insane! Am I missing something? Lets take a look at what's going down the tubes:

A. Scientific development. Huge numbers of scientists depend on government funding. What's going to happen to science here, and their jobs?

B. Investment in Alternative Energy. John McCain isn't going to fund alternative energy development, manufacturing, or innovation at all?

C. All other federally funded building and infrastructure programs. Poof!

I laugh at his language though. A "freeze"? Yeah, right. What a nice way of putting: "Transferring all the money that goes to America to go to the Holy War instead."

We loose 200 million dollars a day to this silly religious war, and John McCain wants to freeze all spending towards anything ACTUALLY USEFUL to help pay off for it?

Flying Spaghetti Monster help us all!

I honestly hope I missed something here.

Cheers,

SQLserver

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• SQLserver

• Omnaka

• questionmark

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm. so McCain wants to save 2% of the budget? The more important question is: where are the other 98% coming from?

From the 9/26 presidential debate:

John McCain said:

Wait. Is he actually serious?

John McCain is actually going to stop federal funding towards everything besides the War and Entitlement programs?

This is insane! Am I missing something? Lets take a look at what's going down the tubes:

A. Scientific development. Huge numbers of scientists depend on government funding. What's going to happen to science here, and their jobs?

B. Investment in Alternative Energy. John McCain isn't going to fund alternative energy development, manufacturing, or innovation at all?

C. All other federally funded building and infrastructure programs. Poof!

I laugh at his language though. A "freeze"? Yeah, right. What a nice way of putting: "Transferring all the money that goes to America to go to the Holy War instead."

We loose 200 million dollars a day to this silly religious war, and John McCain wants to freeze all spending towards anything ACTUALLY USEFUL to help pay off for it?

Flying Spaghetti Monster help us all!

I honestly hope I missed something here.

Cheers,

SQLserver

YUP, you surely missed something.

A freeze means no increase. So the scientist will get the same 100 million on the next fiscal budget. Not $120 million that they would normally ask for next time.

A freeze means no increase. So the scientist will get the same 100 million on the next fiscal budget. Not $120 million that they would normally ask for next time.

OK, well, thank god for that, but do you still see the problem?

McCain wishes to CONTINUE, perhaps increase spending 1.8 BILLION $$ a week on the War, yet won't give 1/100 of that to anything that will actually HELP America?(Education, Scientific progress, etc.)

Yep! More money to the war, the same meager to America.

And then, he criticizes Obama as a "Tax and Spend Liberal?"

Seriously, who does he think he's kidding?

McCain wishes to CONTINUE, perhaps increase spending 1.8 BILLION $$ a week on the War, yet won't give 1/100 of that to anything that will actually HELP America?(Education, Scientific progress, etc.)

He owns stock in that war, is it a wonder he wants to keep it going under the guise Of Hate, when it's really just a buck to him.

I think Obama owns Stock too, Just cant prove it.

Love Omnaka

What will actually help America is not the government throwing money all over to those who thinks they deserve it for their cause.

It's the people who are independent from any Government aids that is helpful to America always!

Tax and spend means, I will help you but I have no money. So I will increase taxes, you pay for it and I am the good guy. ;)

While McCain wants to freeze certain sectors of the bugdet, increase some and avoid any Tax increase.

He owns stock in that war, is it a wonder he wants to keep it going under the guise Of Hate, when it's really just a buck to him.

I think Obama owns Stock too, Just cant prove it.

Love Omnaka

Oh phuleeze.

Do you own stock in Coke or Pepsi? Millions of cans are sent to our troops. Guess you're profiting on the war too. :P