Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama campaign urging people to watch debate

Caesar

"OXFORD, MS.--I just got this text message on my cell phone--the Obama campaign is urging people to watch the first presidential debate tonight on CNN. Why did the Obama campaign want to endorse one outlet when so many are showing the debate here at the University of Mississippi?

"Watch Barack Obama debate John McCain tonight at 9 p.m. Eastern on CNN," the message said. Also, remind friends to register to vote at VoteforChange.com. Please forward this message."

Source

OK if CNN isn't in the tank for Obama then I guess I could say Rush Limbaugh is main stream. CNN's coverage of the debates was a joke, they claimed that experience didn't matter in thier poll results, but for Palin it was another story. another thing that was odd was when Obama kept saying John was right, they claimed it helped Obama. even the Boston Herald said McCain did better. Chris Matthews thought Obama was unhappy on how he did

Matthews Mad Obama Agreed So Much With McCain

I'm not trying to start another thread on the debate but rather talk about how the media is reporting it. what ever happened to just reporting the news and not telling the viewers what they should think?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Caesar

• SilverCougar

• danielost

• Leonardo

Hey look, another pointless post by Caesar!

OK if CNN isn't in the tank for Obama then I guess I could say Rush Limbaugh is main stream.

CNN reports fairly.

"OXFORD, MS.--I just got this text message on my cell phone--the Obama campaign is urging people to watch the first presidential debate tonight on CNN. Why did the Obama campaign want to endorse one outlet when so many are showing the debate here at the University of Mississippi?

It's a good thing too that they urged people to watch it! McCain lied approximately 5-8 times in the debate, and was totally called out!(Then, of course, he would repeat the same lies again, but...)

Also, perhaps the Obama campaign just wanted to make sure that debate viewers

by other stations?

they claimed that experience didn't matter in thier poll results

Exactly! That's helping McCain! Obama definitely has the more experience, so touting such could only help McCain!

but for Palin it was another story.

Sooner or later, you are going to realize that Reality indeed has a liberal bias!

Obama has more experience then McCain, and quite frankly, Palin's a joke when it comes to experience.

the Boston Herald said McCain did better.

Hello? Everyone besides the far right agrees that Obama won!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,268978,00.html

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/...1845114,00.html

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/worl...icle4837692.ece

http://www.theday.com/re.aspx?re=2af55397-...60-51389e19ada9

http://www.democrats.com/obama-wins-debate-1

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/US_Elec...2400827,00.html

http://www.kotatv.com/global/story.asp?s=9086257

http://cottonmouthblog.blogspot.com/2008/0...ins-debate.html

http://michypa.com/2008/09/27/debate1/

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story...75-2703,00.html

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/elec...bate-poll_N.htm

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g2RdSmX...XFh1BQD93F6OLG0

http://www.opednews.com/maxwrite/diarypage.php?did=9707

Matthews Mad Obama Agreed So Much With McCain

I fully agree, Mathews. Obama has got to stop pandering to the central-right.

I'm not trying to start another thread on the debate but rather talk about how the media is reporting it. what ever happened to just reporting the news and not telling the viewers what they should think?

Ask Bill O'Reilly.

Cheers,

SQLserver

Hey look, another pointless post by Caesar!

CNN reports fairly.

LOL another nonsense reply if you think CNN reports fairly you clearly need help

Exactly! That's helping McCain! Obama definitely has the more experience, so touting such could only help McCain!

CNN is saying its not helping McCain its hurting him, Palin has much more experience then Obama

It's a good thing too that they urged people to watch it! McCain lied approximately 5-8 times in the debate, and was totally called out!(Then, of course, he would repeat the same lies again, but...)

Also, perhaps the Obama campaign just wanted to make sure that debate viewers weren't being subliminally influenced by other stations?

subliminally influenced? every poll conducted shows a bias for liberals

I fully agree, Mathews. Obama has got to stop pandering to the central-right.

Matthews is a die hard Liberal!!! I coulds also post links that McCain won but it would just be a waste of time

Edited by Caesar

CNN is saying its not helping McCain its hurting him, Palin has much more experience then Obama

Again:

How do you type with your fingers in your ears?

subliminally influenced? every poll conducted shows a bias for liberals

LOL. At least go to the link instead of making an irrelevant reply.

And of course every poll is biased towards liberals; Reality is.

Matthews is a die hard Liberal!!! I coulds also post links that McCain won but it would just be a waste of time

Like what, the Washington Post one?

Cheers,

SQLserver

Again:

How do you type with your fingers in your ears?

how do you listen to what someone posts?

LOL. At least go to the link instead of making an irrelevant reply.

And of course every poll is biased towards liberals; Reality is.

LOL just look at the past election results. anyone can make a poll show what they want, just look at CNN and thats a fact!

Oh heavens forbid the fact that maybe, just maybe, it's a good idea to ask people watch an importaint debate...

Oh heavens forbid the fact that maybe, just maybe, it's a good idea to ask people watch an importaint debate...

Yeah with a pro Obama biased, why wouldn't Obama say this? CNNs new theme should be 'we report and tell you what to think'

Yeah with a pro Obama biased, why wouldn't Obama say this? CNNs new theme should be 'we report and tell you what to think'

You haven't even offered ANY evidence that CNN supports Obama over McCain!

Your crazy Conspiracy theories aside, Polls show what people tend to think in general. They can be a little off, but unfortunately, the polls indicate that Americans have a liberal bias, not CNN.

Honestly, I have no idea where the heck you are trying to go with this, either. Because a CNN poll indicates that "Experience doesn't matter" to Americans, that means it is all a conspiracy and CNN is in with Obama and that Obama is trying to brainwash people by telling them to watch the debate?

When there is empirical proof that Fox News is subliminally suggesting John McCain?

-SQLserver

*coughs* Fox News... wait what?

You haven't even offered ANY evidence that CNN supports Obama over McCain!

Your crazy Conspiracy theories aside, Polls show what people tend to think in general. They can be a little off, but unfortunately, the polls indicate that Americans have a liberal bias, not CNN.

Honestly, I have no idea where the heck you are trying to go with this, either. Because a CNN poll indicates that "Experience doesn't matter" to Americans, that means it is all a conspiracy and CNN is in with Obama and that Obama is trying to brainwash people by telling them to watch the debate?

When there is empirical proof that Fox News is subliminally suggesting John McCain?

-SQLserver

Why the hell would Obama tell everyone to watch the debates on CNN? my guess is so at the end they will show who won the debate in the tracking poll, since thier will be more pro liberal viewers because of the e-mail CNN will say Obama won. along with thier other twisting of covering the election like the Henry Kissinger miss quote.

Sooo it's ok that a news source like Fox supports McCain.. but damn any news source that supports Obama? Kinda a double standard there.

Sooo it's ok that a news source like Fox supports McCain.. but damn any news source that supports Obama? Kinda a double standard there.

I don't watch Fox news

Ok, does it seriously matter if the station is biased when it comes to a debate? I mean, I can watch it on fox or cnn and it's the same debate! Even if the commentary is biased, anyone actually watching and listening can form their own opinion.

Ok, does it seriously matter if the station is biased when it comes to a debate? I mean, I can watch it on fox or cnn and it's the same debate! Even if the commentary is biased, anyone actually watching and listening can form their own opinion.

I don't think it matters that much because most people know they have a bias. its just to funny whaen I watch and they tell me how the tie goes to Obama. its like they were covering another debate

YUP! Gore and Kerry according to most MEDIA EXPERTS won the debate.

The thing is media monopoly is gone now since the internet and modern communication.

Now now, Caesar. CNN is just about as fair and balanced as Fox News. What's good for the goose :innocent:...

CNN was used by default for what I would assume to be two reasons; CNN has been around for a long while and respectable. Or what is probably the case, his camp figured that a more liberal leaning news station would shine a heavenly light on him more than the other stations.

Honestly I see no reason why any should pick one station over the other to watch. The only difference is commentary at the end by the pundits. If you're watching a political debate on one channel just to hear what is said afterward, then you need you rethink why you're watching it in the first place.

I did think it helped Obama that he agreed on some of the things McCain said. I think the tally was a total of 8 times. A bit much; but most of it was just tiny little things rather than policy.

Now now, Caesar. CNN is just about as fair and balanced as Fox News. What's good for the goose :innocent:...

CNN was used by default for what I would assume to be two reasons; CNN has been around for a long while and respectable. Or what is probably the case, his camp figured that a more liberal leaning news station would shine a heavenly light on him more than the other stations.

Honestly I see no reason why any should pick one station over the other to watch. The only difference is commentary at the end by the pundits. If you're watching a political debate on one channel just to hear what is said afterward, then you need you rethink why you're watching it in the first place.

I did think it helped Obama that he agreed on some of the things McCain said. I think the tally was a total of 8 times. A bit much; but most of it was just tiny little things rather than policy.

EmpressStarXVII how are yeah? I don't watch fox so I cant really say. but how can you say What's good for the goose when you have CBS, MSNBC, CNN, ABC, NBC not to mention the NYT, NY Post and thiers only one so called republican biased station

You might like Fox.. they'll tell you what you wanna hear.

You might like Fox.. they'll tell you what you wanna hear.

Why do that when I can listen to Rush Limbaugh :tu:

EmpressStarXVII how are yeah? I don't watch fox so I cant really say. but how can you say What's good for the goose when you have CBS, MSNBC, CNN, ABC, NBC not to mention the NYT, NY Post and thiers only one so called republican biased station

Just fancy, Dude :D. How about yourself?

Actually, out of that entire list I find CNN the most moderate. You're right, it is an uneven balance between liberal and conservative media. What I was referring to was if conservatives were asked to watch the debate on Fox than I don't see a problem with liberals being asked to watch it on CNN. I just can't fathom McCain asking people to watch it on any other channel lol. Either way, I still find it a bit silly for reasons mentioned above.

Edited by EmpressStarXVII

Just fancy, Dude :D. How about yourself?

Actually, out of that entire list I find CNN the most moderate. You're right, it is an uneven balance between liberal and conservative media. What I was referring to was if conservatives were asked to watch the debate on Fox than I don't see a problem with liberals being asked to watch it on CNN. I just can't fathom McCain asking people to watch it on any other channel lol. Either way, I still find it a bit silly for reasons mentioned above.

ok ok fair enough

When Bush/Iraq was going on everyone was complaining about the right-wing bias. Now there's a left-wing bias.

Why do that when I can listen to Rush Limbaugh :tu:

It's the same thing really. *shrugs* Still my case is made.

It's the same thing really. *shrugs* Still my case is made.

No its not Rush tells you he is a conservitive and CNN tells you they are unbiased

I fail to see what is wrong with the Obama campaign texting people to watch the debate on what they consider to be the most favorable cable news network. It's their message - they can say whatever they want.