Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

determinism / fatalism / predestination

longlongago

any supporters for these systems ..

who agree on the futility of FREEWILL

and seem to accept that we are living a preordained life

'' .. at last i began to think , that is to say to listen harder ''

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chauncy

• Wootloops

• longlongago

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I could never grasp the idea of a preordained life. I see this concept put into practice with such things as the Caste systems in India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan.

I can't see anything I observe that would indicate that this is the case. If everything was preordained then why would I get enjoyment out of doing things regardless if they have a purpose or not?

Well given the futility of free will, determinism seems the only logical route to take. Determinism just means that a causal chain has led us to this moment. Within determinism, predestination is entirely possible, and fate goes along with determinism because everything that you will ever do is your fate. Someone could have predestined everything, but regardless of that determinism applies, and regardless of whether the Universe was predestined, you still have a fate. Determinism just says that what happened led to what is happening and what is happening will lead to what will happen.

Edited by Wootloops

Determinism just says that what happened led to what is happening and what is happening will lead to what will happen.

Where ever you go , thats where you are.

I dig it.....everything is as a result of what happened prior to....action then reaction so on and so forth. This is what we observe routinely.